Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,570 members, 7,847,378 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:36 PM

Pep Guardiola’s Wish List: 8 New Players - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Pep Guardiola’s Wish List: 8 New Players (1495 Views)

Check Out The New Players Who Just Arrived Super Eagles Camp In Russia / Barcelona Unveils New Players’ Jersey For Next Season 2017/18… Yay Or Na / List Of New Players Under Consideration By Rohr For Super Eagles Friendlies In M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pep Guardiola’s Wish List: 8 New Players by Footyfanz: 4:04pm On May 31, 2016
With Jose Mourinho dominating the headlines last week with his appointment as the new Manchester United, Pep Guardiola has already quietly started work at the rival club Manchester City. The former Barcelona and Bayern Munich coach has reportedly told the Manchester City board and his employers that to achieve is vision for the club, he wants as many as eight new starters if they are to challenge for top glory with him at the helm.

Pep Guardiola listed a host of major names as his targets which includes the likes of Ilkay Gundogan, Aymeric Laporte, Leroy Sane, Marc-Andre ter Stegen, John Stones, Jack Wilshere, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Danny Rose.

Read More at - http://footyfanz.com/article_page.php?article=pep_guardiolas_wish_list_8_new_players_1464706168

Re: Pep Guardiola’s Wish List: 8 New Players by hopara1(m): 4:35pm On May 31, 2016
Good
Re: Pep Guardiola’s Wish List: 8 New Players by onupeter(m): 5:07am On Jun 03, 2016
owk o, can man city do tiki taka under Pep?
Re: Pep Guardiola’s Wish List: 8 New Players by blackfase(m): 1:07pm On Jun 03, 2016
TikiTaka wasn't Peps creation. Its a clubs philosophy which Pep himself keyed into while passing thru there. It would take more than a Peps capacity to bring that to bear at MC. Even with d array of superstars at Bayern, they couldn't/ wouldn't adopt it. TikiTaka is a journey, not a destination.

onupeter:
owk o, can man city do tiki taka under Pep?
Re: Pep Guardiola’s Wish List: 8 New Players by Segadem(m): 2:50pm On Jun 03, 2016
blackfase:
TikiTaka wasn't Peps creation. Its a clubs philosophy which Pep himself keyed into while passing thru there. It would take more than a Peps capacity to bring that to bear at MC. Even with d array of superstars at Bayern, they couldn't/ wouldn't adopt it. TikiTaka is a journey, not a destination.

Thank u, but his fans will not agree with u, one guy argued this with me that tikitaka is pep's philosophy, and I asked why can't he continue it at bayern?
Re: Pep Guardiola’s Wish List: 8 New Players by blackfase(m): 7:58pm On Jun 03, 2016
You've said it all! Ignorance is worse than being afflicted with the HIV. Always better to strike a conversation with a wall than with an ignoramus.

Segadem:
Thank u, but his fans will not agree with u, one guy argued this with me that tikitaka is pep's philosophy, and I asked why can't he continue it at bayern?

1 Like

Re: Pep Guardiola’s Wish List: 8 New Players by dreamcast95: 8:24pm On Jun 03, 2016
Why Guardiola not sign Dani Alves? https://www.naij.com/848698-dani-alves-issues-emotional-message-leaves-barcelona.html He will become a free agent and would be a good buy, as an alternative to Zabaleta. I'm sure he can still some time to play at the highest level, it is very unfortunate that goes from Barcelona. But I think the top coaches should not ignore the presence on the market of such a class player.
Re: Pep Guardiola’s Wish List: 8 New Players by BIBLESPEAKS(m): 11:21pm On Jun 03, 2016
blackfase:

Here's what I think, tikitaka is barca's philosophy - a lot of sources attribute the style to johan cruyff. Pep Guardiola passed through the Barca system and he as a coach imbibed it. I did see a measure of tikitaka from Bayern under pep's administration, you would notice how he'd encouraged themfrom the sides to pass the ball around. I think pep as a coach is rather obsessed with the tikitaka style of play, because Barca passed the ball around better in his administration than any other coach.

We wouldn't expect to see exactly the same level of tikitaka in Bayern under pep's admin as it was in pep's Barca cos Barca had the philosophy and the players to execute it, but take nothing away from pep, because he is the best tikitaka coach and he carries it with him everywhere he goes ~ Next stop, Manchester City.
Re: Pep Guardiola’s Wish List: 8 New Players by blackfase(m): 5:35am On Jun 04, 2016
I quite agree with you on many fronts but again he came up a little bit short at Bayern and didn't quite hit it off. The interesting but crazy thing about the tiktak brand is that it allows no room or grounds for half measures. Its either you expressing it in totality or your not, same success happens at the Spanish team level which buttresses the point as a philosophy. I think the only club team that comes a bit close is Arsenal but still far off in between. For it to work full steam for MC under Pep, they'l hav to keep him for a while. Again tiktak is like a journey.....
and yes it got off d ground under Cruyff

BIBLESPEAKS:

Here's what I think, tikitaka is barca's philosophy - a lot of sources attribute the style to johan cruyff. Pep Guardiola passed through the Barca system and he as a coach imbibed it. I did see a measure of tikitaka from Bayern under pep's administration, you would notice how he'd encouraged themfrom the sides to pass the ball around. I think pep as a coach is rather obsessed with the tikitaka style of play, because Barca passed the ball around better in his administration than any other coach.

We wouldn't expect to see exactly the same level of tikitaka in Bayern under pep's admin as it was in pep's Barca cos Barca had the philosophy and the players to execute it, but take nothing away from pep, because he is the best tikitaka coach and he carries it with him everywhere he goes ~ Next stop, Manchester City.

(1) (Reply)

Fairly Used Treadmill Machine (automatic) / Check Out Our Week 8 Premier League Matches Analysis / Chelsea Players Dancing To La Fete By Falz ( Official Video )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.