Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,408 members, 7,853,807 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 02:36 AM

Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu (4137 Views)

Ipob/hausa Clash: We Are Not Directly Involved – Army / Forgery Case Against Saraki, Ekwerenmadu Could Be Withdrawn If … – Marafa / Shooting In Maiduguri Government House As Soldiers & Police Clash Over Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by aniomadei: 12:23am On Jun 01, 2016
sarrki:
Deputy President of the Senate, Mr Ike Ekweremadu, has advised security agencies to always be cautious when quelling disturbances and protests to avoid unnecessary loss of lives. Ekerenmadu made the call at the Senate on Tuesday while speaking on Monday’s clashes between Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB) and security operatives some states in South-East and Delta. He said that the country had witnessed a lot of unnecessary killings arising from clashes by members of the public and security agencies. According to Ekweremadu, the protest by IPOB, which led to bloody clashes in Delta and Anambra could have been handled differently. `I will like to use this opportunity under Order 43 to say that the security agencies must apply caution in trying to quell disturbances. “We have had so much of blood bath in this country under different circumstances and we cannot continue to lose young men and women because the future of this country belongs to them. “It is important that this senate rise to condemn any act of killing in any part of this country, especially with the one that concern the major part of our future which remains the youth. “We are now in a democracy and people should be entitled to speak their minds and to assemble under responsible circumstances. “Security agencies must also be responsible in dealing with those circumstances to ensure that lives are not lost unnecessarily. “I just wish to bring to the notice of the senate for us to take note and possibly, the states involved to set up enquiry to find out what led to these clashes,” he said. The issue was, however, not debated by the Senate. In his remarks, President of the Senate, Dr Bukola Saraki, said that although there could not be any debate on the matter, it was necessary that actions were taken on it. “I think that the point he has raised must draw attention of all and see what necessary action will be taken in other to address this matter,” he said.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/ipobpolice-clash-democracy-people-entitled-speak-minds-ekweremadu/

IKE EKWEREMADU, I ADVISE YOU TO DESIST FROM CERTAIN UTTERANCES THAT WILL REDUCE YOUR ACCEPTABILITY BY LAW ABIDING NDIGBO. WERE YOU PRESENT AT THE SCENE OF YESTERDAY'S BLOODY PROTEST FROM IPOB. BIKO, WEPU AKA ENWE N' OFE TUPU OWORU AKA MMADU. AT YOUR LEVEL, YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO HEAR FROM THE SECURITY OPERATIVES BEFORE YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTH. AT LEAST YOU HAVE SOME SECURITY OPERATIVES AS YOUR BODYGUARDS AND I BELIEVE YOU CAN GET MORE FACTS FROM THEM, THEY CAN CALL THEIR COLLEAGUES IN ASABA AND ONITSHA TO FIND OUT WHAT REALLY HAPPENED. YOU ARE TOO OLD TO TALK LIKE THAT. HAVE U HEARD FROM THE GOVERNORS OF ANAMBRA AND DELTA STATES BEFORE YOU DECIDED TO MAKE YOUR COMMENT. DO NOT BE DECEIVED BY THE RANTING OF IPOB CRIMINALS ONLINE. WE LIVE WITH THEM AND WE KNOW WHAT THEY ARE UPTO. THEY ARE EVIL AND CALLOUS. REMEMBER, WE HAVE BROTHERS IN THE NORTH & WEST AND SOME MISCREANTS ARE IGNORANTLY TAKING OVER THE SHOW AT THE RISK OF OUR BROTHERS, SISTERS, CHILDREN, PARENTS, IN-LAWS ETC. THIS IS NOT WHAT WE EXPECTED FROM ANY ONYE IGBO AMURU NKE OMA. WHAT DO YOU EXPECT FROM SOMEONE THAT CAME OUT TO PROTEST WITH KNIVES, GUNS ETC? THE 1ST POLICE OFFICER KILLED ALONG THE ASABA EXPRESSWAY BU EZIGBO ONYE IGBO. BESIDES, O BU NWA MMADU AND O NWERE NDI IKWU NA IBE. IF YOU CANNOT GET PROPER INFO, BIKO MECHIE ONU GI. IPOB CANNOT ASSIST UR FALLING POLITICAL AMBITION. I CANNOT BELIEVE MY EARS THAT THE IKEOHA I KNOW WILL MAKE THIS STATEMENT. HMMM, I KINDLY ADVISED YOU TO DENY THIS STATEMENT. THIS IS THE TIME FOR YOU TO WORK WITH THE RULING FG TO MAKE SURE THAT ALL SOUTH EAST PROJECTS ARE TIMELY COMPLETED AS STATED IN THE BUDGET. IKEOHA, WATCH YOUR STEPS CAREFULLY TO AVOID POLITICAL CALCULATION AGAIN. I BELIEVE YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN THE PRESIDENT BY NOW BUT YOU MISCALCULATED WITH JONATHAN. YOU GAVE GEJ YOUR CHANCE AND SUPPORT WHILE YOU WERE THE RIGHT CANDIDATE FOR 2015 PRESIDENCY AS ZONED BY THE PDP. PLEASE IKEOHA, MY MAN AND MY MENTOR, GBA EGWU GI NKE OMA KA IHE OMA WERE RUO ANYI AKA N' OGE NA ETEGHI AKA. I SALUTE YOU, DEJE.
Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by aniomadei: 12:28am On Jun 01, 2016
IKE EKWEREMADU, I ADVISE YOU TO DESIST FROM CERTAIN UTTERANCES THAT WILL REDUCE YOUR ACCEPTABILITY BY LAW ABIDING NDIGBO. WERE YOU PRESENT AT THE SCENE OF YESTERDAY'S BLOODY PROTEST FROM IPOB. BIKO, WEPU AKA ENWE N' OFE TUPU OWORU AKA MMADU. AT YOUR LEVEL, YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO HEAR FROM THE SECURITY OPERATIVES BEFORE YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTH. AT LEAST YOU HAVE SOME SECURITY OPERATIVES AS YOUR BODYGUARDS AND I BELIEVE YOU CAN GET MORE FACTS FROM THEM, THEY CAN CALL THEIR COLLEAGUES IN ASABA AND ONITSHA TO FIND OUT WHAT REALLY HAPPENED. YOU ARE TOO OLD TO TALK LIKE THAT. HAVE U HEARD FROM THE GOVERNORS OF ANAMBRA AND DELTA STATES BEFORE YOU DECIDED TO MAKE YOUR COMMENT. DO NOT BE DECEIVED BY THE RANTING OF IPOB CRIMINALS ONLINE. WE LIVE WITH THEM AND WE KNOW WHAT THEY ARE UPTO. THEY ARE EVIL AND CALLOUS. REMEMBER, WE HAVE BROTHERS IN THE NORTH & WEST AND SOME MISCREANTS ARE IGNORANTLY TAKING OVER THE SHOW AT THE RISK OF OUR BROTHERS, SISTERS, CHILDREN, PARENTS, IN-LAWS ETC. THIS IS NOT WHAT WE EXPECTED FROM ANY ONYE IGBO AMURU NKE OMA. WHAT DO YOU EXPECT FROM SOMEONE THAT CAME OUT TO PROTEST WITH KNIVES, GUNS ETC? THE 1ST POLICE OFFICER KILLED ALONG THE ASABA EXPRESSWAY BU EZIGBO ONYE IGBO. BESIDES, O BU NWA MMADU AND O NWERE NDI IKWU NA IBE. IF YOU CANNOT GET PROPER INFO, BIKO MECHIE ONU GI. IPOB CANNOT ASSIST UR FALLING POLITICAL AMBITION. I CANNOT BELIEVE MY EARS THAT THE IKEOHA I KNOW WILL MAKE THIS STATEMENT. HMMM, I KINDLY ADVISED YOU TO DENY THIS STATEMENT. THIS IS THE TIME FOR YOU TO WORK WITH THE RULING FG TO MAKE SURE THAT ALL SOUTH EAST PROJECTS ARE TIMELY COMPLETED AS STATED IN THE BUDGET. IKEOHA, WATCH YOUR STEPS CAREFULLY TO AVOID POLITICAL CALCULATION AGAIN. I BELIEVE YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN THE PRESIDENT BY NOW BUT YOU MISCALCULATED WITH JONATHAN. YOU GAVE GEJ YOUR CHANCE AND SUPPORT WHILE YOU WERE THE RIGHT CANDIDATE FOR 2015 PRESIDENCY AS ZONED BY THE PDP. PLEASE IKEOHA, MY MAN AND MY MENTOR, GBA EGWU GI NKE OMA KA IHE OMA WERE RUO ANYI AKA N' OGE NA ETEGHI AKA. I SALUTE YOU, DEJE.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/ipobpolice-clash-democracy-people-entitled-speak-minds-ekweremadu/[/quote]
Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by babdap: 6:35am On Jun 01, 2016
sinistermind:

How was their gathering a threat to national security?? Did they step beyond their region to cause any violence? Abeg keep that matter to yourself. I'm not in support of this IPOB thingy, but I think an ethnic cleansing is looming.
. For the purpose of clarification, kindly read Anambra State Government press release am sure you will understand what I meant by national security.
Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by mrvitalis(m): 7:14am On Jun 01, 2016
Dymaco:

go school
u refuse
For real, read u won't don't u know the African union has withdrawn it signature from th ICC since it seems only African leaders are presented
Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by sarrki(m): 7:34am On Jun 01, 2016
mrvitalis:

For real, read u won't don't u know the African union has withdrawn it signature from th ICC since it seems only African leaders are presented

Abeg help with source bro!!!!!
Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by mrvitalis(m): 7:38am On Jun 01, 2016
Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by Dymaco(m): 7:41am On Jun 01, 2016
mrvitalis:

including libra baa
Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by sarrki(m): 7:43am On Jun 01, 2016
Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by mrvitalis(m): 7:43am On Jun 01, 2016
Dymaco:

including libra baa
That was then, the decision was taken in the last au meeting, it was obvious they were only after African leaders
Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by mrvitalis(m): 7:47am On Jun 01, 2016
sarrki:

Bros "AU to leave " the source you provided says to leave
A process has been initiated and will be completed on the next au meeting... Simple and short
Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by sarrki(m): 7:52am On Jun 01, 2016
mrvitalis:

A process has been initiated and will be completed on the next au meeting... Simple and short

I don't have problem with that bro , my issue remain that we are Africans , we only talk without action
Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by tsdarkside(m): 8:02am On Jun 01, 2016
sinistermind:

How was their gathering a threat to national security?? Did they step beyond their region to cause any violence? Abeg keep that matter to yourself. I'm not in support of this IPOB thingy, but I think an ethnic cleansing is looming.

the way i understood the news in the few days issss,the security forces were shot at with life-ammunition.....

i hope you igbos understand whats going on...

someone under you is using you as cover to create mayhem....for what puppose??...i dont know...

but be sure of one thing: soldiers willlll shoot back with life-ammunition!!!.....this you can be sure.....its their job......

1 Like

Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by Nobody: 8:20am On Jun 01, 2016
Some people in UK and US are fuelling crisis back home using it as basis for their application for Asylum status...continue...
Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by PFRB: 8:44am On Jun 01, 2016
mrvitalis:
The government of Nigeria remain the supreme authority in Nigeria, and anyone who decides to go against her and take laws into there hands should be dealt with

Openly challenging the armed forces shows lack of respect for the country

U have senators, reps, governor, etc pressure them to chanel ur request in the right way

Any one who raise even stick against the armed forces should be shot instantly .... .

Nigeria remains supreme
The constitution is our guide and it has no provision for separation... . That's it full stop

So they went against the govt by holding a prayer vigil
Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by mrvitalis(m): 8:46am On Jun 01, 2016
PFRB:

So they went against the govt by holding a prayer vigil
Did u read the governor's press release
Don't just believe anything u hear
Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by Dymaco(m): 8:51am On Jun 01, 2016
mrvitalis:

That was then, the decision was taken in the last au meeting, it was obvious they were only after African leaders

but why do USA refuse to sell arm to Nigeria
Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by mrvitalis(m): 8:54am On Jun 01, 2016
Dymaco:

but why do USA refuse to sell arm to Nigeria
There can be so many reasons, maybe what Nigeria is requesting they don't want to sale

Why can't we come back home and start to manufacture atleast guns for ourselves first, then armored tanks then from there we grow
Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by gebest: 9:58am On Jun 01, 2016
cokoduck:
IPOB did not kill any police man, what are the names of the police men, there was a fight between us and them, we overpowered them near the river and they fell over, BTW, why should they disturb us during our prayers, let them go and do it to Sunnis Muslims.
so y did u people not fight and overpower the army den trow them into river niger, weda d whole of onitsha will not be brot down to rubbles. well i pity the police they are always at the recievinge end.
Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by Nobody: 10:13am On Jun 01, 2016
coolitempa1:

You this idiotic monkey.....answer this question....what does it profit you to follow a path that leads nowhere.....ode buruku...ariwo in enu vendor rè..... angry...have you guys been infected by the muumuu bug.....you have been played by your political leaders in the background who use idiotic dunces like iPod and their likes to gain traction in politics.....when every person world wide knows that the easiest, quickest and simplest way is to follow laid down rules.... angry....this is why the army will just keep wasting your sorry lives for nothing.....a beg gerooutofffhere.... angry

Why do you always sound sad and bitter in issues concerning the Igbos? Why do you have so much bitterness in your life? How do you sleep at night? and how do you function in the day? with all that hate dead weight on top of you?
Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by chernest2002: 11:12am On Jun 01, 2016
mrvitalis:
The government of Nigeria remain the supreme authority in Nigeria, and anyone who decides to go against her and take laws into there hands should be dealt with

Openly challenging the armed forces shows lack of respect for the country

U have senators, reps, governor, etc pressure them to chanel ur request in the right way

Any one who raise even stick against the armed forces should be shot instantly .... .

Nigeria remains supreme
The constitution is our guide and it has no provision for separation... . That's it full stop
how do you pressure your governors or senator if you can't protest openly? Constitution is made by people and can be changed if not favourable again.
Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by Dymaco(m): 11:13am On Jun 01, 2016
mrvitalis:

There can be so many reasons, maybe what Nigeria is requesting they don't want to sale

Why can't we come back home and start to manufacture atleast guns for ourselves first, then armored tanks then from there we grow

and u tink this is possible in naija
Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by mrvitalis(m): 11:28am On Jun 01, 2016
chernest2002:
how do you pressure your governors or senator if you can't protest openly? Constitution is made by people and can be changed if not favourable again.
There are rules of protesting, follow it and no one will haras u

1 Like

Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by chernest2002: 12:08pm On Jun 01, 2016
mrvitalis:

There are rules of protesting, follow it and no one will haras u
That statement, treat biafra agitators like bokoharam is playing out.
Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by mrvitalis(m): 12:12pm On Jun 01, 2016
chernest2002:
That statement, treat biafra agitators like bokoharam is playing out.
Bro please be real... u can't be carrying ur peaceful protest and police attack u... something must have triggered it

1 Like

Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by chernest2002: 12:24pm On Jun 01, 2016
mrvitalis:

Bro please be real... u can't be carrying ur peaceful protest and police attack u... something must have triggered it
the police tried to disperse the protesters from behind by shooting teargas consistently thereby created commotion, police are supposed to stand and monitor them not attacking them.don't you see the way they monitor Labour congress both in 2012 and this year fuel price matter? That is the way it should be, police will only defend when attacked .if they use stick batons it will be better not live bullets.
Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by PFRB: 2:22pm On Jun 01, 2016
mrvitalis:

Did u read the governor's press release
Don't just believe anything u hear

Was the governor there. Listen to those who were there. People who were doing prayer vigil and in a church were shot at. Do they use guns in prayers>??
Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by PFRB: 2:24pm On Jun 01, 2016
mrvitalis:

Ok what of the one at Aba. What triggered it.?
Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by ChukwuIbrahim: 3:57pm On Jun 01, 2016
buhahaha:
Bross..Ipad or Ipod are free of demonstration..I told Buhari that using force on any group will make such group stronger..Last time they were shot at Onitsha, an innocent fine gal was hit by a stray bullets and she died, sm of Ipob members died too but these pple were absolutely armless.Today they have learnt how to defend themselves. Pls tell the Fulani retired general that he's teaching Igbos wot their freedom really means.
Issorite!
Pls endevour to partake in d next ipod demonstration, make sure u're at d front facin ahboki soldier. grin
Re: Ipob/police Clash: We Are In Democracy Ekwerenmadu by ChukwuIbrahim: 4:00pm On Jun 01, 2016
Dymaco:

because they dont want àgain
one Nigeria is by choice
It's by force my broda!
We must stay 2geda, fyte 2geda, play 2geda, eat 2geda, poop 2geda & skelewu 2geda! cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

“I Am Hale And hearty” – buhari / The Futile Search For A Good Igbo - Sahara Reporters / Things You Don't Know About Tinubu’s Late First Son, Jide (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.