Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,067 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. (73119 Views)

Complete List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Of Nigeria Where They Live / Nigerian Tribes And States Where They Live / Tribes And Their Best Occupation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by greenify: 7:11pm On May 31, 2016
Ogori is in Kogi not kwara.

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Iyamar(f): 7:11pm On May 31, 2016
[quote author=Chartey post=46147100][/quote] sorry I have see kataf
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Nobody: 7:11pm On May 31, 2016
Eazeee:
Outdated record. check again & u will realised that more states were created after dis report n as such, some of d tribes are not were it said they are found presently
Apart from this, the list looks like from a record where the emphasis is skewed against some majority tribes
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Chizip(m): 7:12pm On May 31, 2016
Igbo anambra,enugu,delta,ebonyi,imo,abia?
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Ravenna: 7:13pm On May 31, 2016
Whathaveidone:

Ijebu and Ilajes are Yoruba sub-ethnicities just like awori and the rest
If you go by that, then Kafanchan, kagoro, kataf and manchock are the same.
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by harjayi(m): 7:13pm On May 31, 2016
Chartey:

http://answersafrica.com/nigerian-tribes.html
yagba is kogi not kwara that is my state
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by lafiask: 7:13pm On May 31, 2016
barba is in kwara state not niger thats my language. good job though.
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Btruth: 7:14pm On May 31, 2016
Why won't there be so much confusion in this nation?

2 Likes

Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by 2goodbobo(m): 7:14pm On May 31, 2016
Mada is Nasarawa state not plateau and Kaduna
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by RickyTan: 7:15pm On May 31, 2016
Naija is big o
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by PrinceMario(m): 7:15pm On May 31, 2016
Op....Yagba,Ogori and Oworo are in kogi state and not Kwara. Thumbs up though.
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by greenify: 7:15pm On May 31, 2016
Many tribes are missing here. Wht of Basange in Kogi state.Nupe is also in kwara.
Korma dey Adamawa.
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by CircleOfWilis: 7:16pm On May 31, 2016
Lie, old publication...made before Sabi Abacha's (1996) creation of state
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Nobody: 7:16pm On May 31, 2016
Ravenna:

If you go by that, then Kafanchan, kagoro, kataf and manchock are the same.

Probably but I don't know the ethnicity they fall under
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by munalight(f): 7:17pm On May 31, 2016
You can also find Nupe in Kwara and Kogi state.

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by k2kay(m): 7:18pm On May 31, 2016
@op, 281 ogori is found in kogi grin
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 31, 2016
Good compilation. I live in rivers state...I didn't see Ikwerre in d list. I know igbos will be claiming them but from what I learnt in linguistics n history, they are not igbos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 31, 2016
Macelliot:
I hought bayelsa is Ijaw.

Yes! ljaw is an ethnic group like Yoruba. In Yoruba, there are tribes like Elaje and ijebu. Also, in Ijaw there tribez lyk izon, epie, ogbia, nembe and attissa. But recently we epies are told dat we ar nt ljaw but EDOID from edo race. D matter tire me o

2 Likes

Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by ing4laif(m): 7:20pm On May 31, 2016
number 171 is not Iyala but Yala. what about Igede tribe? Igede tribe can found in Cross River and Benue

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by jack00000: 7:20pm On May 31, 2016
Yagba is kogi and kwara.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by macaranta(m): 7:20pm On May 31, 2016
Nice one
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Btruth: 7:21pm On May 31, 2016
Where is Ijebu? This your list is not complete.

Team ijebu/Yoruba, Ogun State.

grin
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by sonya4all(m): 7:23pm On May 31, 2016
IKA (Delta and Edo states)
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Taiwo20(m): 7:23pm On May 31, 2016
Note 105. Ogu
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Skipfr(m): 7:23pm On May 31, 2016
You omitted the languages of the saints Ika and Oza
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Efewestern: 7:24pm On May 31, 2016
donsteady:
Your list is not complete without my tribe.
Please include Okpe.... Delta state

Click like if you are from Okpe Kingdom let's see how many okpe we have here

Urhobo Oviovoooo!!!!.. Okpe is one with Urhobo ... We are One People.. and the OP mentioned us,

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Jossibest(m): 7:24pm On May 31, 2016
165 igbo is nt fuond in delta bt igbo speaking of delta..dat dsnt min dey ar igbo

4 Likes

Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Nobody: 7:25pm On May 31, 2016
DjHypno:
How can all these tribes unite and live as one
Nigeria is a typical exam of the bible story, where the people were building pillars upon pillars jst to see God grin so God taught of a way of confusing them, n gave them diverse languages cheesy and they were never united.

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Nobody: 7:27pm On May 31, 2016
We won't Nigeria always av problems.. . C hw dey language many... . Let's assume 1 language 1 problem.... how many problems naija go get?
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Nobody: 7:27pm On May 31, 2016
Is dia any part of Benue dat speaks igbo?
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by Nobody: 7:28pm On May 31, 2016
Bali is not a tribe but a local government in taraba wherein you have chamba, ichen, jukun, jibu, wurkum, tiv, etc.
Many tribes ascribed to adamawa are actuality for taraba eg tigun, ichen etc
No single mention of Gombe and Nasarawa states. Why?
Re: List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. by femi4: 7:29pm On May 31, 2016
whirlwind7:
Fulani is not in the list, so how come they are one of the major tribes in the north?
Did you omit it?

Bubu will not be happy about this.
Pulani is there....same noni

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Origin Of Various Igbo Clans / Ooni Ogunwusi And Silekunola Moronke Naomi's First Outing (Picture) / Ooni Ogunwusi Acquires Royce-Rolls 2016 Delivered To Him Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.