Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,389 members, 7,836,563 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

"Make Me A Television" - A Thought-Provoking Short Story - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Make Me A Television" - A Thought-Provoking Short Story (5910 Views)

Swiss Woman Married To A Nigerian Thought She Would Never Have Children (Photos) / My Wife Is Not What I Thought Before We Got Married: I Want To Divorce / My Brother Will Make Me Cry To My Dead Parents Against Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Make Me A Television" - A Thought-Provoking Short Story by Nobody: 9:59am On Jun 01, 2016
A Primary School teacher asks her students to write an essay about what they would like God to do for them. At the end of the day, while marking the essays at home, she read one that made her very emotional. Her husband, who had just walked in, saw her crying and asked her: 'What happened?'

She answered: 'Read this. It is one of my students essay. ''Oh God, tonight I ask you something very special: Make me into a Television. I want to take its place and live like the TV in my house. Have my own special place, and have my family all around me. To be taken seriously when I talk. I want to be the centre of attention and be heard without interruptions or questions. I want to receive the same special care that the TV receives even when it is not working.

Have the company of my dad when he arrives home from work, even when he is tired. And I want my mom to want me when she is sad and upset, instead of ignoring me. And I want my brothers to fight to be with me. I want to feel that family just leaves everything aside, very now and then, just to spend some time with me. And last but not least, ensure that I can make them all happy and entertain them just as the television. Lord I don't ask you for much. I just want to live like a TV.'

At that moment the husband said: 'My God, poor kid. What horrible parents!' The Primary School teacher looked up at him and said: 'That essay is from our son'!

24 Likes 7 Shares

Re: "Make Me A Television" - A Thought-Provoking Short Story by klassykute(m): 10:02am On Jun 01, 2016
lol.. poor parents
Re: "Make Me A Television" - A Thought-Provoking Short Story by Sijo01(f): 8:44am On Jun 20, 2016
Lamentation of an abandoned kid cry
Re: "Make Me A Television" - A Thought-Provoking Short Story by drey22(m): 8:45am On Jun 20, 2016
i came here to read comments and help sports lovers with free $6
Re: "Make Me A Television" - A Thought-Provoking Short Story by pmc01(m): 8:46am On Jun 20, 2016
Next time on your award winning Super Story...

4 Likes

Re: "Make Me A Television" - A Thought-Provoking Short Story by Thylord(m): 8:47am On Jun 20, 2016
OK the parents try.
Re: "Make Me A Television" - A Thought-Provoking Short Story by neonly: 8:48am On Jun 20, 2016
D current economic crisis has made even parents to ignore their kids
I bleam buhari for dis
Re: "Make Me A Television" - A Thought-Provoking Short Story by Yinkatolu: 8:49am On Jun 20, 2016
cool
Re: "Make Me A Television" - A Thought-Provoking Short Story by lawa18(m): 8:50am On Jun 20, 2016
touching indeed.
Re: "Make Me A Television" - A Thought-Provoking Short Story by Nobody: 8:51am On Jun 20, 2016
And so? Make we come dey run?
Re: "Make Me A Television" - A Thought-Provoking Short Story by floragregs(f): 8:51am On Jun 20, 2016
Cut out from "our daily manner " June edition

10 Likes

Re: "Make Me A Television" - A Thought-Provoking Short Story by Nobody: 8:52am On Jun 20, 2016
Sigh embarassed
Re: "Make Me A Television" - A Thought-Provoking Short Story by anethcharly(m): 8:58am On Jun 20, 2016
booking ____
Re: "Make Me A Television" - A Thought-Provoking Short Story by AndyAustin(m): 8:59am On Jun 20, 2016
nice creativity. Whoever wrote this piece did a good job!
Re: "Make Me A Television" - A Thought-Provoking Short Story by ETILA100(m): 9:01am On Jun 20, 2016
thats from our daily manna devotional prayer book i enjoyed that story read it yesterday

2 Likes

Re: "Make Me A Television" - A Thought-Provoking Short Story by onekidneydonor: 9:02am On Jun 20, 2016
Thought provoking...

Are you in need of a Kidney or a Relative does? Don't hesitate to contact me please.. Am a Blood Group O +.Am donating in order to save a dying Soul thanks
www.Facebook.com/onekidneydonor
Re: "Make Me A Television" - A Thought-Provoking Short Story by iampeTer(m): 9:06am On Jun 20, 2016
undecided
Re: "Make Me A Television" - A Thought-Provoking Short Story by ALAYORMII: 9:16am On Jun 20, 2016
Touching

Parents need to pay more attention to their kids
Re: "Make Me A Television" - A Thought-Provoking Short Story by princestars(m): 9:17am On Jun 20, 2016
You just can't be bad and give out good deeds, no bad tree will produce good fruit. Do not judge or give advise, except you are not guilty of such. So emotional, you don't have to be rich or poor to love or be loved, love can be given at anytime. I am a product of love, that is why my mum is my priority. I LUV U MUM
Re: "Make Me A Television" - A Thought-Provoking Short Story by amakabaybee(f): 9:19am On Jun 20, 2016
floragregs:

Precisely June 15th

2 Likes

Re: "Make Me A Television" - A Thought-Provoking Short Story by gulfer: 9:55am On Jun 20, 2016
alexistaiwo:
A Primary School teacher asks her students to write an essay about what they would like God to do for them. At the end of the day, while marking the essays at home, she read one that made her very emotional. Her husband, who had just walked in, saw her crying and asked her: 'What happened?'

She answered: 'Read this. It is one of my students essay. ''Oh God, tonight I ask you something very special: Make me into a Television. I want to take its place and live like the TV in my house. Have my own special place, and have my family all around me. To be taken seriously when I talk. I want to be the centre of attention and be heard without interruptions or questions. I want to receive the same special care that the TV receives even when it is not working.

Have the company of my dad when he arrives home from work, even when he is tired. And I want my mom to want me when she is sad and upset, instead of ignoring me. And I want my brothers to fight to be with me. I want to feel that family just leaves everything aside, very now and then, just to spend some time with me. And last but not least, ensure that I can make them all happy and entertain them just as the television. Lord I don't ask you for much. I just want to live like a TV.'

At that moment the husband said: 'My God, poor kid. What horrible parents!' The Primary School teacher looked up at him and said: 'That essay is from our son'!
@OP, do you attend Yaba Baptist Church, cos this was exactly how the ministration was about how valuable our kids view us.

2 Likes

Re: "Make Me A Television" - A Thought-Provoking Short Story by utytill(m): 11:08am On Jun 20, 2016
amakabaybee:

Precisely June 15th
BASIC SCRIPTURE: MATTHEW 7:1-12. TAKE SONG 2 ALL WILL BE WELL....,
Re: "Make Me A Television" - A Thought-Provoking Short Story by LadyAimy: 11:12am On Jun 20, 2016
nice story, wee prepared
Re: "Make Me A Television" - A Thought-Provoking Short Story by Olibboy: 11:44am On Jun 20, 2016
Continue
Re: "Make Me A Television" - A Thought-Provoking Short Story by AkanniOwolabi(m): 2:19pm On Jun 20, 2016
Wow!!!!
Re: "Make Me A Television" - A Thought-Provoking Short Story by Dammexz: 3:01pm On Jun 20, 2016
Copied....our daily manna June 15 2016 edition.
Re: "Make Me A Television" - A Thought-Provoking Short Story by Profkomolafe(m): 3:19pm On Jun 20, 2016
cool this op na confirm ODM disciple.
Re: "Make Me A Television" - A Thought-Provoking Short Story by Thobiy(m): 5:20pm On Jun 20, 2016
floragregs:
YEAH

(1) (Reply)

5 Keys To Settling Marital Conflict / Can You Allow Your Wife Dress Like This At The Beach? 18+ / Cussons Reveals Theme For Cussons Baby Moments Season 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.