Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Ibru And Akingbola On The Run, Declared Wanted By EFCC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibru And Akingbola On The Run, Declared Wanted By EFCC (2536 Views)

BREAKING: Olorogun Felix Ibru Is Dead / Declared-Wanted Terrorist Captured In Adamawa / Kennedy Izuagbe, MD Of Saraki’s Company Declared Wanted By EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibru And Akingbola On The Run, Declared Wanted By EFCC by blokoncept(m): 11:54am On Aug 24, 2009
Yesterday, it was reported that the former CEO of Oceanic bank and Intercontinental Bank,cecila ibru and eratus akingbola respectively have refused to report to the office of EFCC for invesigation.they have refuse to do without any reasons.

Finally, they have BEEN declared WANTED by EFCC.and any one that knows there way about is advised to report. WILL THIS DEVELOPMENT SAVAGE THIS SAGA?

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/08/24/efcc-declares-ibru-akingbola-wanted
Re: Ibru And Akingbola On The Run, Declared Wanted By EFCC by Matinho: 12:03pm On Aug 24, 2009
What is the price reward for anyone who knows their whereabouts?
Re: Ibru And Akingbola On The Run, Declared Wanted By EFCC by lastpage: 12:11pm On Aug 24, 2009
Six months imprisonment! Thats the reward!! tongue

For knowing the whereabouts of "wanted people" and not disclosing such till a reward is declared!!! grin grin

Why EFCC?
I guess the "intimidation process" is about to go full-blown!
Re: Ibru And Akingbola On The Run, Declared Wanted By EFCC by Meldrick(m): 12:38pm On Aug 24, 2009
Who told you EFCC don't know how to get them? They should keep decieving themselves
Re: Ibru And Akingbola On The Run, Declared Wanted By EFCC by oge4real(f): 1:00pm On Aug 24, 2009
EFCC should employ Interpol if they are really serious about geting them. We all know that they are most likely not in the country.
Re: Ibru And Akingbola On The Run, Declared Wanted By EFCC by mjbaba: 1:07pm On Aug 24, 2009
I wonder why they are running when they have not committed any real crime?
Re: Ibru And Akingbola On The Run, Declared Wanted By EFCC by Utaroz(m): 1:17pm On Aug 24, 2009
Trust EFCC to push at the area of least resistance! All this barking would help if it can also be channeled at corrupt politicians grin grin grin
Re: Ibru And Akingbola On The Run, Declared Wanted By EFCC by remoranger(m): 1:24pm On Aug 24, 2009
NA 2 DAY??
Re: Ibru And Akingbola On The Run, Declared Wanted By EFCC by Radiant(f): 2:13pm On Aug 24, 2009
I thought the Cecilia woman was legit?
Re: Ibru And Akingbola On The Run, Declared Wanted By EFCC by Matinho: 2:28pm On Aug 24, 2009
Erastus Akingbola is in my house,if EFCC name their price i ll surrender him. cheesy
Re: Ibru And Akingbola On The Run, Declared Wanted By EFCC by kok(m): 2:33pm On Aug 24, 2009
EFCC don start with notice me news! na wa!!!
Re: Ibru And Akingbola On The Run, Declared Wanted By EFCC by proudly9ja(m): 2:59pm On Aug 24, 2009
Im really bothered about what is happening in Nigeria. Making these people scape goats just because Clinton cried foul some weeks back will not help our country! Everyone knows that the banking sector is one of the highest employers of labour in our country and so if you begin to witchhunt the CEOs of these banks, one is putting the entire country in trouble! What has happened to the loan defaulters? Are they not as guilty as the bank CEOs themselves?

Also, I have read that the CBN governor plans to call other Bank chiefs who are found 'guilty' after the rest of the audit is done and discuss with them rather than mete out the same treatment he meted to the 5. This will not only be outrightly wrong but also support the story that has been going around for over 7 months now that the 5 banks were actually 'chosen'.

I really don't know what to think anymore but I remain as optimistic as ever that change will come.
Re: Ibru And Akingbola On The Run, Declared Wanted By EFCC by Rebarobyn: 3:09pm On Aug 24, 2009
Though I'm not sure of Sanusi's real intentions, I'm happy with what he did. We need to get used to doing things the right way. For decades now, politicians and wealthy people in Nigeria do unimaginable things and get away with it, no one can question them let alone arrest them or declare them wanted. This is the beginning of a new dawn in Nigeria and if we can follow it through we'll have the Nigeria we've always wanted. Its not just the banking sector, even public/govt., lets rid Nigeria of oppression and corruption!
Re: Ibru And Akingbola On The Run, Declared Wanted By EFCC by Nezan(m): 3:40pm On Aug 24, 2009
The guilty are afraid
Re: Ibru And Akingbola On The Run, Declared Wanted By EFCC by Flakky26(f): 4:59pm On Aug 24, 2009
I don't think it was wise for them to have fled the country just like that,because the truth of the matter is that they would have stayed back if they were innocent.They would have waited to see it through before embarking on their trip.Even if they were innocent their fleeing the country has already given them away.Hope they come back and face the consequences of their actions.
Re: Ibru And Akingbola On The Run, Declared Wanted By EFCC by mrperfect(m): 6:57pm On Aug 24, 2009
What did they say? looking for?
Re: Ibru And Akingbola On The Run, Declared Wanted By EFCC by Nobody: 7:56pm On Aug 24, 2009
@proudlynaija, infact it is the opposite of what u said, the banking sector created more unemployment in Nigeria than they created employment,,,,they dont give loans to small medium enterprises, how can they give over a billion Naira and millions of naira to some selected individuals and also gambling with peoples money by investing in oil business when it is a market determined by the fluctuation of oil price and the strenght of the US dollars.
if loans have been given to SME's, that would have boosted up the real sector and the economy hence creating more jobs for people.
Re: Ibru And Akingbola On The Run, Declared Wanted By EFCC by Ameena(f): 8:05pm On Aug 24, 2009
Sanusi should stop this film he's acting & get real. Wat does he stand 2 gain in all dis melo-drama he's putting up? if he actually wanted 2 be fair, he wud have audited all the banks in the country, released their results all at the same time & metted out the same punishment to all the erring MDs. but he's rily going too far wit this jail thing. I'm sure bin sacked frm their positions is enuff punishment already, he should cool down abeg. After assuring foreign investors that all was cool & calm then he suddenly comes up with this? Wat message exactly is he trying to pass? He should atleast have the sense to go about this diplomatically without drawing so much public attention, afterall he is not the first CBN Governor & he surely won't be the last!
Re: Ibru And Akingbola On The Run, Declared Wanted By EFCC by xtianh(m): 8:12pm On Aug 24, 2009
My God, i never believe that Akingbola will be Wanted by the EFCC, Not to talk of the MADAM Ibru, NA waoo
Re: Ibru And Akingbola On The Run, Declared Wanted By EFCC by proudly9ja(m): 8:25pm On Aug 24, 2009
saxywale:

@proudlynaija, infact it is the opposite of what u said, the banking sector created more unemployment in Nigeria than they created employment,,,,they dont give loans to small medium enterprises, how can they give over a billion Naira and millions of naira to some selected individuals and also gambling with peoples money by investing in oil business when it is a market determined by the fluctuation of oil price and the strenght of the US dollars.
if loans have been given to SME's, that would have boosted up the real sector and the economy hence creating more jobs for people.
I agree totally with you that in an ideal society, that is what banks should do, support SMEs and elp build the economy. Infact I have argued this too with friends who work in banks for years too however, Naija is not an ideal society, not yet. Imagine if you were CEO of a bank and Dangote asks for 1billion Naira against say, 1000 SMEs asking for 1million each, be honest, who would you rather loan. At least you are sure that if Dangote doesn't pay back on time, he will at least service his loans. The same cannot be said of the SMEs as Im sure of the 1000, over 800 may eventually be termed as bad debts. Remember, these banks are private biz, they are not charities!

One can't blame the SMEs though. A lot of things mitigate against SMEs in Naija. Power is no 1 and therefore, its always harder for them to pay back loans or even service them.

I think Obj started a move some years back even though I don't know how it turned out. He made banks contribute to a fund which was to be loaned out to SMEs, how did it turn out?

In support of the bankers, for every branch opened, they hire at least 4 new graduates. The past few years saw loads of people getting jobs in banks. If we begin to undermine their effort now, what do you think will happen?
Re: Ibru And Akingbola On The Run, Declared Wanted By EFCC by mosopefolu(m): 8:47pm On Aug 24, 2009
na waaa ooooooooooooo
Re: Ibru And Akingbola On The Run, Declared Wanted By EFCC by BOSSYkay(f): 10:23pm On Aug 24, 2009
I hope the other banks chiefs who are guilty will be treated the same way this people are been treated.
Re: Ibru And Akingbola On The Run, Declared Wanted By EFCC by ikennahill: 10:49pm On Aug 24, 2009
this remind me of the popular Ghanian music which say;
Na why u dey run ,no be u say u be oga ,na why u dey run

abeg help me ask ibru,akingbola,etc

we know their style
enugu is working fame did it
run and come back later
EFCC dey deceive themselves
we know say we no get any EFCC
wazirri just dey there doing nothing,
even cliton tell am so
Re: Ibru And Akingbola On The Run, Declared Wanted By EFCC by bros1234(m): 8:08am On Aug 25, 2009
I know where they are. Cash and carry

But on a serious note I dont think these guys deserve to be traeted that way. Tell me how many american banks CEOs were declared wanted during the econonmic crisis. Why are we fund of crucifying our heroes
Re: Ibru And Akingbola On The Run, Declared Wanted By EFCC by blokoncept(m): 9:46am On Aug 25, 2009
9ja pple.are these really our role models?
somebody help me.
Re: Ibru And Akingbola On The Run, Declared Wanted By EFCC by PROJECT: 10:57am On Aug 25, 2009
this is just a script,nigerians are insincere with themselves even if the banks dont give,where they even suppose to give loan at the first place,even if to who ,to nigerians who will collect the loans and disappear,dont we have micro finance banks,why do u go to a bank without knowing what their objectives are,do u know how much they pay to run this banks with the power failure and co,pls i dont understand what is wrong with us just because we think they dont give loans then we should crucify them,all that is going on is just sham,why cant efcc move in on politicians like they are on the bank m.ds,where is the due process
Re: Ibru And Akingbola On The Run, Declared Wanted By EFCC by rasputinn(m): 11:55am On Aug 25, 2009
Re: Ibru And Akingbola On The Run, Declared Wanted By EFCC by ganydiva: 1:13pm On Aug 25, 2009
what with all this trash they are saying if EFCC dont know where Cecelia Ibru n Erastus Akingbola. My advise to dis 2 Ex CEOs is to keep running jare, cos na everybody b thief,barawo,ole 4 naija
Re: Ibru And Akingbola On The Run, Declared Wanted By EFCC by prosper(m): 9:55am On Aug 26, 2009
proudly9ja:

I agree totally with you that in an ideal society, that is what banks should do, support SMEs and elp build the economy. Infact I have argued this too with friends who work in banks for years too however, Naija is not an ideal society, not yet. Imagine if you were CEO of a bank and Dangote asks for 1billion Naira against say, 1000 SMEs asking for 1million each, be honest, who would you rather loan. At least you are sure that if Dangote doesn't pay back on time, he will at least service his loans. The same cannot be said of the SMEs as Im sure of the 1000, over 800 may eventually be termed as bad debts. Remember, these banks are private biz, they are not charities!

One can't blame the SMEs though. A lot of things mitigate against SMEs in Naija. Power is no 1 and therefore, its always harder for them to pay back loans or even service them.

I think Obj started a move some years back even though I don't know how it turned out. He made banks contribute to a fund which was to be loaned out to SMEs, how did it turn out?

In support of the bankers, for every branch opened, they hire at least 4 new graduates. The past few years saw loads of people getting jobs in banks. If we begin to undermine their effort now, what do you think will happen?

Sums up the real challenge facing Nigeria which if our supreme leaders and their attack dogs in the central bank and EFCC were thinking, should consider more seriously in addressing our economic woes, But then do they really want to fix problems ?

If the Gov. whos claiming to want to operate under the rule of law wants to fix problems then there are serious questions about their aproach,

1. Is it fair to disgrace some now and call some to "Aso Rock for discussions" ?
2. This whole EFCC harrasment smells of a conspiracy it reeks of a Northern Agenda.
3. Why not go after those reponsible for collecting contracts in power sector without execution ? ( at least if there was power, some credible SMEs will thrive and be able to collect loans and pay back and the excuse of a dead SME sector will be minimized)

It reeks of a nothern Agenda, period!!!
Re: Ibru And Akingbola On The Run, Declared Wanted By EFCC by oladayo042: 4:17pm On Aug 26, 2009
Before Wonder Banks, later Failed Banks and now Useless Banks. Na wa 4 Naija ooo
Re: Ibru And Akingbola On The Run, Declared Wanted By EFCC by otokx(m): 12:56am On Aug 27, 2009
CECILIA has surrendered
Re: Ibru And Akingbola On The Run, Declared Wanted By EFCC by lastpage: 2:09am On Aug 27, 2009
The more w look at the unfolding scenario, the more we are tempted to agree that "Something Fishy" is in the offing!

Truly, why the double standard?

E be like say the keg of gunpowder wants to explode, not from N.D but from Lagos shocked lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (Reply)

31 Year Old Edo Lady Stuffs Hair With Heroin - Just For 4,000 Euros. / Atleast She Is Better Than Mariam Abacha: How Can People Say A Thing Like This / Why Should GEJ Wear Military Uniform On Oct.1?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.