Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,916 members, 7,863,207 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:03 PM

What Are Unemployed Graduates Up To? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Are Unemployed Graduates Up To? (798 Views)

What Unemployed Graduates Pass Through In Nigeria / ‘60% Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed’ / If You Are Unemployed, Read This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Unemployed Graduates Up To? by theflyest: 12:44pm On Aug 24, 2009
This might seem extremely trivial but it will surprise you all to know that graduates, of which a greater portion is unemployed are clueless on what to do with the loads of spare time on their hand's. So, be bold about your's.what are you up to?
Re: What Are Unemployed Graduates Up To? by Seun(m): 1:28pm On Aug 24, 2009
What about you? What are you up to? Searching for a job, obviously. But what else?
Re: What Are Unemployed Graduates Up To? by olugbo17(m): 10:58pm On Aug 24, 2009
Hmnn, apart from trying not to go crazy, and constantly praying, there's a lot of ideas about being self employed going by. but personally i don't do copy cat in business. i'm using my spare time in studying the environment and looking for the missing link to reconnect and hopefully get paid for it.
Re: What Are Unemployed Graduates Up To? by olugbo17(m): 11:02pm On Aug 24, 2009
@seun, dude you are doing a great job, wud you mind, i'm looking for a job that does not make nysc compulsory, NYSC is an issue for me now and i'm am trying to get my way round it, but in the meantime, i need a job, trust me i'm well qualified. thanks, hope you wud not mind reaching me @ mo.adeyemi@gmail.com, regards,
Re: What Are Unemployed Graduates Up To? by emmy4naira(m): 3:07pm On Aug 25, 2009
hey graduates in the house, the truth remains that there are jobs outside there whether we like it or not, the problem is just that we are not equipped enoug for the job and most importantly not connected. l'll like to recommend professional courses for those that have not and for those that have add more and continue to pray, nigeria will be good one day.
Re: What Are Unemployed Graduates Up To? by Kemjisuper(m): 3:50pm On Aug 25, 2009
Hi all, I'm actually employed as a Contract Staff with Shell but for about 2 months since the contract expired I've been kinda unemployed! Nevertheless, I'm a Freelance Graphics Designer so I've been designing logos for unknown clients all over the country and getting paid for it! Just a thing to keep body and soul together till we're back in the stream.

Cheers
Re: What Are Unemployed Graduates Up To? by theflyest: 11:41pm On Aug 25, 2009
@kemjisuper you know,i used to design web pages,and write skeletal programme's for people way back when i just got into school,but events took over all that.looks like i'll have to dust that operation clean and see what happens from there. I knew this topic would help in some way. E go beta.
Re: What Are Unemployed Graduates Up To? by theflyest: 11:53pm On Aug 25, 2009
@emmy4naira i don't quite agree with you about Nigerian graduates not being well equiped. What more is required of people fresh out of school but willingness to work and learn, motivation stemming from the fear of being idle, and ofcourse the basic university training. Its quite unfortunate that being gainfully employed translates to having 'long appendages' and being connected as you say. Really, one shouldn't have to study forever before you have something doing. sad
Re: What Are Unemployed Graduates Up To? by blesdman(m): 6:10pm On Aug 26, 2009
I think that for unemployed graduates, they should think. Look at the environment and use the opportunties offered there at. I think there is an abundance of work even though there appears not be jobs available.
I suggest we should be thinking in terms of work and not jobs. Do work. This is actually a concept. FUrther questions and I will expatiate on this concept.
Re: What Are Unemployed Graduates Up To? by kugaba(m): 11:32pm On Aug 26, 2009
Looking for heavy arms to join my brothers in the creeks to begin kidnapping and asking for ransom. Now isn't that cool? Its all about the cash after all.
Re: What Are Unemployed Graduates Up To? by Sagamite(m): 8:18pm On Aug 27, 2009
olugbo17:

Hmnn, apart from trying not to go crazy, and constantly praying, there's a lot of ideas about being self employed going by. but personally i don't do copy cat in business. i'm using my spare time in studying the environment and looking for the missing link to reconnect and hopefully get paid for it.

If this is true, that is one smart philosophy. Join the camp of unique thinkers.

(1) (Reply)

Behold! My Paypal Account And Usa Bank Account / Learn The Simple Way To Make N17.496 Million From Your Home. Simple As 1-2-3 / Hr Vacancy With An E-payment Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.