Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,323 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:49 AM

banning Fulani Herdsmen will lead to other big things – Ango Abdullahi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / banning Fulani Herdsmen will lead to other big things – Ango Abdullahi (1429 Views)

This Is Why Buhari's Government Is Failing - Ango Abdullahi / Igbo Leaders & Hamza Almustapha Meet Prof Ango Abdullahi (Photos) / Ango Abdullahi Replies Emir Sanusi Over His Comments About The North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

banning Fulani Herdsmen will lead to other big things – Ango Abdullahi by SaiNigeria: 4:17pm On Jun 01, 2016
Former vice chancellor of Ahmadu Bello University, Prof. Ango Abdullahi, has said under the Nigerian Constitution, nobody can deny the Fulani herdsmen access to parts of the country.
According to Prof. Abdullahi, the Fulani herdsman is a businessman like any other business person, who should have free movement and free access to the resources that are available for him to run his business.

“And if for any reason, somebody in one section of this country will deny him access then we have to take measures to response to that. We are not saying that if a herdsman encroaches on a farm land and this has been the tradition here for years; when they do some crops get damaged and an assessment is made and they pay. So why all the petty attitude?

“I see what is happening today as a new dimension to political and ethnic cleansing that if not carefully handled may lead to other big things. The herdsman is a Nigerian his rights must be exercised as a Nigerian he has free movement like everybody else to pursue legitimate business and he cannot be denied access to any part of the country,” he added.
He further disclosed that, “I am a Fulani man my ancestors were in the bush, but we find reasons to settle in one place. I have cows and anytime they cause damage I pay compensation and so that is the way it will be.

“The Fulani man is a Nigerian he has rights like any other Nigerian he works freely to access legitimate economic resources of this country like land. Land is common thing for all Nigerians. In fact, what really amazes me there is no Nigerian I know that works as hard as a herdsman; he sleeps on the branches of trees he has no permanent abode, he toils day and night with his animals.”

https://www.today.ng/news/national/130801/deny-fulani-herdsmen-access-parts-nigeria-ango-abdullahi
Re: banning Fulani Herdsmen will lead to other big things – Ango Abdullahi by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jun 01, 2016
Koko
Re: banning Fulani Herdsmen will lead to other big things – Ango Abdullahi by chriskosherbal(m): 4:20pm On Jun 01, 2016
This issue can be resolved amicably.
Re: banning Fulani Herdsmen will lead to other big things – Ango Abdullahi by aldrick: 4:26pm On Jun 01, 2016
Another Boko Haram?

3 Likes

Re: banning Fulani Herdsmen will lead to other big things – Ango Abdullahi by anwe: 4:26pm On Jun 01, 2016
I tot these herdsmen are Libyans and not criminals. When did we agree finally that they are Nigerians

7 Likes

Re: banning Fulani Herdsmen will lead to other big things – Ango Abdullahi by ckmayoca: 4:28pm On Jun 01, 2016
If you disturb other people's business with your own business then you r causing trouble. It's herdmens choice to sleep on branches not his paymasters choice.

3 Likes

Re: banning Fulani Herdsmen will lead to other big things – Ango Abdullahi by SaiNigeria: 4:29pm On Jun 01, 2016
Let them bring on with the said BIG THINGS......

We are now battle-ready for you dumb and murderous mallams undecided

1 Like

Re: banning Fulani Herdsmen will lead to other big things – Ango Abdullahi by cktheluckyman: 4:33pm On Jun 01, 2016
The fulani herdsmen is free to buy land for the grazing of his herds in any part of the country.He however does not have the right to encroach on other people's land for grazing!!!! Other Nigerians who travel to the north to do their business use their money to buy or rent business premises!! I don't see anything wrong in the fulanis doing same.Nomadic grazing is a big NO in this modern era

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: banning Fulani Herdsmen will lead to other big things – Ango Abdullahi by Iykopeee: 4:35pm On Jun 01, 2016
Ango bokoharam has been a foolish man from the onset. This idiot has a knack for talking foolishly always.. come and graze in ur papa land u bastard.. thunder fire u there. Ur father.
Re: banning Fulani Herdsmen will lead to other big things – Ango Abdullahi by vikacydevato(m): 4:38pm On Jun 01, 2016
Why does he think that paying for the damaged farm products is a big deal? It breaks a farmer's heart to see that all the crops he has been labouring for have been eaten up by cows.

3 Likes

Re: banning Fulani Herdsmen will lead to other big things – Ango Abdullahi by paschu: 4:41pm On Jun 01, 2016
NONSENSE. Mr. Prof. you and your fellow Fulani folks have the right to free movement everywhere in Nigeari, but hear me clearly, YOUR COWS HAVE NO SUCH RIGHTS ANYWHERE -and as such must be limited to your private ranches. You cannot legally extend your fundamental and constitutional rights to your cows.

Your lots in the core north may value cows more than crops and human life, but here in the south, unfortunately, cows have practically no relevance.

We value the lives of our farmers and their crops so much. But since folks like you value your cows more than the lives of our farmers and do not plan to stop rubishing our women, farms and our farmers' ONLY means of livelihood (with your open and unrepentant disdain), the only viable route to peace, therefore, is that all of you should stay in your zone and far away from our towns, farmlands and forests.

6 Likes

Re: banning Fulani Herdsmen will lead to other big things – Ango Abdullahi by kenny987(f): 4:43pm On Jun 01, 2016
Foolishness on display

2 Likes

Re: banning Fulani Herdsmen will lead to other big things – Ango Abdullahi by c4tnoelz: 4:43pm On Jun 01, 2016
Big things like what?
Re: banning Fulani Herdsmen will lead to other big things – Ango Abdullahi by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jun 01, 2016
Iykopeee:
Ango bokoharam has been a foolish man from the onset. This idiot has a knack for talking foolishly always.. come and graze in ur papa land u bastard.. thunder fire u there. Ur father.

That Ango is yet to understand why he should arrange ranches for his cattle.
My fathers lands and the ones I am going to buy belong to my me and my folks. The last time I checked, I am not a kin to the cattle.

They are just doing this shit now cos their kin is d presido. What you want is what you see, let them come n graze on our land n see. Cows

1 Like

Re: banning Fulani Herdsmen will lead to other big things – Ango Abdullahi by modath(f): 4:50pm On Jun 01, 2016
The Fulani herdsman is a businessman like any other business person, who should have free movement and free access to the resources that are available for him to run his business

Businessmen operate ranches!! What's so hard to understand about that!!! You can't run your business while infringing on other people's livelihood , dammit!!

Moreover the free movement is for the rearer, i still need someone to show me where livestock equates to the cattle rearer!!! If they have to sleep on tree branches, they chose to, ranching is what modern day agriculture is all about...

Wakaing with maalu is not what developed or countries with plans of developing do!!!!!!

Big things like what?? Everybody just throwing threat back and forth!!!
I can't help but wonder why this Ango man is like this. lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: banning Fulani Herdsmen will lead to other big things – Ango Abdullahi by SirREX94: 5:10pm On Jun 01, 2016
Nope; Ka'asa Haram!
aldrick:
Another Boko Haram?
Re: banning Fulani Herdsmen will lead to other big things – Ango Abdullahi by sanandreas(m): 5:12pm On Jun 01, 2016
Provide ranch for your cattles you over there in the North. Agricultural practice have changed.

1 Like

Re: banning Fulani Herdsmen will lead to other big things – Ango Abdullahi by TechRev: 5:12pm On Jun 01, 2016
More trouble for the ...

NDA said big thing will happen. This one sef say will lead to big things. Next His royal highness will say big things.
Re: banning Fulani Herdsmen will lead to other big things – Ango Abdullahi by idupaul: 5:23pm On Jun 01, 2016
I am shocked that a professor will say Fulanis have the right to destroy peoples farm and after they do the will make an assessment and settle the farmer..Jeez this country is just filled with mad peaople

3 Likes

Re: banning Fulani Herdsmen will lead to other big things – Ango Abdullahi by Abeymills(m): 5:27pm On Jun 01, 2016
Ango or hanger or wetin b ur name Bleep off already

Re: banning Fulani Herdsmen will lead to other big things – Ango Abdullahi by Naijiant: 5:45pm On Jun 01, 2016
You can't ban herdsmen from moving anywhere in Nigeria, but you can ban them from wandering about on foot with their cattle.
http://www.naijiant.com/articles/fulani-herdsmen-freedom-movement/
Re: banning Fulani Herdsmen will lead to other big things – Ango Abdullahi by todayboy: 5:52pm On Jun 01, 2016
All hail the emperors from the north
Ambode jail some Fulani ex governor bail them
Fulanis and obasanjo remove 3 igbos senators in one year
All mighty Buhari and tinubu plus mere commissioner can not remove Hausa Saraki
Those boys omenka they pay 1k per Nairaland post will come defend them just watch
We are watching how they have northernize Nigeria
Re: banning Fulani Herdsmen will lead to other big things – Ango Abdullahi by scorpio2013: 5:55pm On Jun 01, 2016
Encroachment and malicious damage are criminal offences. Move but don't kill anyone or destroy any property.
saiNDAvengers:
Former vice chancellor of Ahmadu Bello University, Prof. Ango Abdullahi, has said under the Nigerian Constitution, nobody can deny the Fulani herdsmen access to parts of the country.
According to Prof. Abdullahi, the Fulani herdsman is a businessman like any other business person, who should have free movement and free access to the resources that are available for him to run his business.

“And if for any reason, somebody in one section of this country will deny him access then we have to take measures to response to that. We are not saying that if a herdsman encroaches on a farm land and this has been the tradition here for years; when they do some crops get damaged and an assessment is made and they pay. So why all the petty attitude?

“I see what is happening today as a new dimension to political and ethnic cleansing that if not carefully handled may lead to other big things. The herdsman is a Nigerian his rights must be exercised as a Nigerian he has free movement like everybody else to pursue legitimate business and he cannot be denied access to any part of the country,” he added.
He further disclosed that, “I am a Fulani man my ancestors were in the bush, but we find reasons to settle in one place. I have cows and anytime they cause damage I pay compensation and so that is the way it will be.

“The Fulani man is a Nigerian he has rights like any other Nigerian he works freely to access legitimate economic resources of this country like land. Land is common thing for all Nigerians. In fact, what really amazes me there is no Nigerian I know that works as hard as a herdsman; he sleeps on the branches of trees he has no permanent abode, he toils day and night with his animals.”

https://www.today.ng/news/national/130801/deny-fulani-herdsmen-access-parts-nigeria-ango-abdullahi
Re: banning Fulani Herdsmen will lead to other big things – Ango Abdullahi by stevecantrell: 6:48pm On Jun 01, 2016
Big things like...

1 Like

Re: banning Fulani Herdsmen will lead to other big things – Ango Abdullahi by coolitempa1(f): 7:08pm On Jun 01, 2016
saiNDAvengers:

Professor ango or whatever....you are a bastaard...ko ni da fun è....come and collect land now...idiot... angry
Re: banning Fulani Herdsmen will lead to other big things – Ango Abdullahi by MXrep: 7:37pm On Jun 01, 2016
Human right is now equal to cow right??
Re: banning Fulani Herdsmen will lead to other big things – Ango Abdullahi by codedguy1(m): 9:42pm On Jun 01, 2016
What doe he mean by free resources available to the the herdsmen to run his business?
Re: banning Fulani Herdsmen will lead to other big things – Ango Abdullahi by Built2last: 9:55pm On Jun 01, 2016
I humbly submit that the Constitutional Rights to Liberty, Freedom of Movement and Association as enshrined in the Constitution of this great nation are Human Rights created for the enjoyment of Persons and Citizens of Nigeria alone. There is therefore no Constitutional penumbra that transfers such freedoms to goats, sheep and cattle at the detriment of mankind. Bottom line, Fulanis are free to enjoy Human Rights as citizens of Nigeria, but no cattle is so entitled, as cattle are not citizens of Nigeria. They only qualify as property, to which the Law of Torts with respect to cattle trespass fully applies. So Fayose is in order.

Imagine our president slapping all of us by sneaking 940 million into the budget for grazing reserves. Imagine how many youths with lands begging government for seedlings and tractor to farm. No response.

There is no tribe in Nigeria that doesn't rear one thing or the other. Sane people manage animals not animals managing people.

All processed milk we drink in Nigeria is from Europe. In all my travelled life. I have never seen one cow roaming in the bush.

Why is Buhari and his kinsmen using analogue brain in a digital age.
Re: banning Fulani Herdsmen will lead to other big things – Ango Abdullahi by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jun 01, 2016
Free Resources ke

There's a 99% possibility that this country will never be called a developed one as long as these set of people keep pulling us back.... Is nigeria the only nation involved in cattle rearing

Giant of Africa my foot!!!!! angry
Re: banning Fulani Herdsmen will lead to other big things – Ango Abdullahi by mightyhazell: 10:44pm On Jun 01, 2016
This man is a clown!

Wot kind of payment will u make wen ur terrorist brothers kill a whole family?

How much money equates 1 human life?

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Amaechi, Onu Begged Me To Pervert Justice In Ekiti / Ondo Election Was Free And Fair, But Edo Election Was Rigged, See Why / Video: Nnamdi Kanu Fumes, Says Won’t Allow Buhari To Jail Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.