Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,110 members, 7,845,680 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

D'banj Shows Off All His Awards - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / D'banj Shows Off All His Awards (35628 Views)

D'banj Shows His 'Shaku Shaku' Dancing Skills (Video) / D'Banj Shows Off His Abs In New Photos / Tekno Flaunts All His Awards In 2016 [PICS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D'banj Shows Off All His Awards by scampy(m): 11:15pm On Jun 01, 2016
dovelike:
All God oo. But did this guy do vasectomy?

U dey trip for him belle abi? Don't worry kontinu. grin
Re: D'banj Shows Off All His Awards by ObaKlaz: 11:19pm On Jun 01, 2016
Shym3xx:

Lmao @ Wizkid.

So cos Skepta introduced him to Drake and got Drake to jump on the Ojuelegba remix with him. And Drake who loves ghost writers decided to put Wizkid's name on a chart-topping tune that sounds like a classic UK garage tune from 2008 (I bet whoever wrote "one night" copied the sound from that tune), he's now big enough to dethrone King D'Banj, no? - hysterical. Heck, I saw Wizkid dancing in skinny jeans on a car to Skepta's "man" tune on Skepta's insta, as a form of appreciate to the don who gave him that Drake connect. grin

To even get close to D'banj - he needs to make an "Oliver Twist", top a lot of international charts, and perform at the prestigious Glastonbury festival (only Fela Kuti, his sons, and D'banj have performed there out of Africa, I think).

Err, out of all the noisemakers in naij, only Davido has the talent and the consistency to surpass D'banj. I can't bet on wizkid. The rest are clowns. While the women have zero talent and zero sex appeal. grin
Bless you, bro. OJuelegba wasn't even on any international chart, yet Wizkid's gonna dethrone D'BANj! Hahaha
Re: D'banj Shows Off All His Awards by fav444(f): 11:26pm On Jun 01, 2016
lisimmo:

And who are you? God's spokesman? Did he complain to you he wasn't honored?

Funny ppl will listen to Michael Jackson and Celine Dion and watch Hollywood and Bollywood then come to tell us Dbanj's songs didn't honor God.

u just succeeded in judging him. I only asked a question, u answered it negatively. Well, I won't conclude since u are not him.
Re: D'banj Shows Off All His Awards by Shym3xx: 11:43pm On Jun 01, 2016
Amefrica:

Hmm as much as you make a lot of sense here, I do not necessarily agree with all the points you raised. Tyga is not really inconsequential, dude is on top of his game and is making waves recently. Almost all US artistes now know who Wizkid is, all of my Canadian friends here jam to Wizkid's (Olamide too) songs like everytime.

Also, I really do not believe the rumour that has been going around that Drake uses a ghostwriter. Chris Brown does have time for Wizkid - he just made him a special guest on his soon-to-happen tour. I like BurnaBoy, but I think Wizkid is light years ahead of him and almost every Nigerian artistes at the moment. I am not sure what the female artistes are doing, but whatever they are doing - it is sh-it!

In as much as Tyga has a nice flow (I like his role in the new Barbershop movie - he murked it), the guy has zero star-power. Yes, he has a couple of decent bangers with Chris Brown...but that's the same guy still trying to get of Young-Money/Cash-Money. Tyga can't even make himself a star, how's he going to turn Wizkid into an international star?

I might be bias against the Olamide guy here cos I've never taken time out to listen to his music. Perhaps cos after the first time I heard DaGrin's "pon pon pon" and how he blew me away - I just don't think no other naij artist with the same style/pattern will ever be able to replicate that. It's basically the same type of bias I've against any rapper trying to rap like 2pac cos I believe there'll never be another 2pac, especially the passion, knowledge, and spiritual enchantment that come with listening to 2pac. So, I can't say much about Olamide.

Yes, Wizkid has a few decent tunes, but he lacks the consistency that Davido has. And there's something appealing about Davido's deep African accent; how he infuses deep Yoruba words into his tunes; and the way he rocks beats that'll take him far beyond naij. Originality is very important in art and music is an art-form.

Drake uses ghostwriters - that's not a rumour. I'd wager that Wizkid wrote part of "One Dance" or he owns the tune cos I didn't hear him on the tune, yet he was featured on it. And after Wale said Wizkid most likely own "Controlla"...I had to listen to that tune again and it sounds proper Afrobeat, especially the structure of the lyrics.

Chris Brown most likely invited wizkid on tour cos he saw how "One Dance" topped the charts and he's trying to tap into that cos of the competitive battle between him and Drake over Rihanna. However, in as much as I think Chris Brown is the biggest R&B artist we've had in the last 4-5 years, regardless of his bad boy image and what certain people think about him, I doubt he can make anyone a star. He had Kevin McCall and kevin wrote the "Deuces" tune that was a megahit. Heck, almost every chic I know likes that guy and his sex appeal is out of this world cos chics just see him and start getting moist looool. What did he do with Kevin McCall? - absolutely nothing. The guy is back in grandma's house in LA looking for how to pay child support looool.

Yes, Burnaboy is not as big as Wizkid, but he's talented and I like his style. Especially the fact he's original and he sounds different from everyone else.

1 Like

Re: D'banj Shows Off All His Awards by vicuto(m): 11:45pm On Jun 01, 2016
Glossyclick:
Award winning Super Star Musician Dbanj a.k.a Koko master took to his Instagram page to Show the world all his musical awards, and he also used this opportunity to give Glory and Honour to God.

https://www.nairaland.com/3140639/dbanj-shows-off-award-gallery#46182355
Re: D'banj Shows Off All His Awards by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jun 01, 2016
Shym3xx:

In as much as Tyga has a nice flow (I like his role in the new Barbershop movie - he murked it), the guy has zero star-power. Yes, he has a couple of decent bangers with Chris Brown...but that's the same guy still trying to get of Young-Money/Cash-Money. Tyga can't even make himself a star, how's he going to turn Wizkid into an international star?

I might be bias against the Olamide guy here cos I've never taken time out to listen to his music. Perhaps cos after the first time I heard DaGrin's "pon pon pon" and how he blew me away - I just don't think no other naij artist with the same style/pattern will ever be able to replicate that. It's basically the same type of bias I've against any rapper trying to rap like 2pac cos I believe there'll never be another 2pac, especially the passion, knowledge, and spiritual enchantment that come with listening to 2pac. So, I can't say much about Olamide.

Yes, Wizkid has a few decent tunes, but he lacks the consistency that Davido has. And there's something appealing about Davido's deep African accent; how he infuses deep Yoruba words into his tunes; and the way he rocks beats that'll take him far beyond naij. Originality is very important in art and music is an art-form.

Drake uses ghostwriters - that's not a rumour. I'd wager that Wizkid wrote part of "One Dance" or he owns the tune cos I didn't hear him on the tune, yet he was featured on it. And after Wale said Wizkid most likely own "Controlla"...I had to listen to that tune again and it sounds proper Afrobeat, especially the structure of the lyrics.

Chris Brown most likely invited wizkid on tour cos he saw how "One Dance" topped the charts and he's trying to tap into that cos of the competitive battle between him and Drake over Rihanna. However, in as much as I think Chris Brown is the biggest R&B artist we've had in the last 4-5 years, regardless of his bad boy image and what certain people think about him, I doubt he can make anyone a star. He had Kevin McCall and kevin wrote the "Deuces" tune that was a megahit. Heck, almost every chic I know likes that guy and his sex appeal is out of this world cos chics just see him and start getting moist looool. What did he do with Kevin McCall? - absolutely nothing. The guy is back in grandma's house in LA looking for how to pay child support looool.

Yes, Burnaboy is not as big as Wizkid, but he's talented and I like his style. Especially the fact he's original and he sounds different from everyone else.

Drake actually sampled a lot of songs on his "Views" album, but he is not going to be the first person to do that, but I have been finding it hard to jump on the "bandwagon" rumor train that Drake uses ghostwriters. They are just speculations, not proven yet (last time I checked). But well, I'm not sure Chris Brown and Drake are in any competition over Rihanna - but Drake is a woman-wrapper and wanna get with all women in the industry. I don't think Rihanna likes Drake like that, "Work" video might make you think otherwise - but I'm sure Rihanna still has a thing for Breezy.

I like Burnaboy style too, Patoranking is not all that bad either as his style is kinda different. But as it stands now, they have a lot of catching up to do.
Re: D'banj Shows Off All His Awards by VIEWS95: 12:10am On Jun 02, 2016
D'banj does not want 2 put any lady in the baby mama league... I guess the ladies are not trying hard enough.....
Re: D'banj Shows Off All His Awards by shine12: 12:13am On Jun 02, 2016
Shym3xx:

Lmao @ Wizkid.

So cos Skepta introduced him to Drake and got Drake to jump on the Ojuelegba remix with him. And Drake who loves ghost writers decided to put Wizkid's name on a chart-topping tune that sounds like a classic UK garage tune from 2008 (I bet whoever wrote "one night" copied the sound from that tune), he's now big enough to dethrone King D'Banj, no? - hysterical. Heck, I saw Wizkid dancing in skinny jeans on a car to Skepta's "man" tune on Skepta's insta, as a form of appreciate to the don who gave him that Drake connect. grin

To even get close to D'banj - he needs to make an "Oliver Twist", top a lot of international charts, and perform at the prestigious Glastonbury festival (only Fela Kuti, his sons, and D'banj have performed there out of Africa, I think).

Err, out of all the noisemakers in naij, only Davido has the talent and the consistency to surpass D'banj. I can't bet on wizkid. The rest are clowns. While the women have zero talent and zero sex appeal. grin

I'm not taking anything away from Him but just want to point at the Glastonbury you mentioned, there are different stage in Glastonbury. He did not certainly perform on the main stage.

http://www.glastoguide.co.uk/stages-and-areas/
Re: D'banj Shows Off All His Awards by ObaKlaz: 12:15am On Jun 02, 2016
fav444:
Was God truly honoured in all ur songs?
We hear you, Mummy G.O! Small time now, u go enta club dey dance to Raba/SugarBoy/Boy Kiss. Na dat one honour God, ba?!
Re: D'banj Shows Off All His Awards by ObaKlaz: 12:19am On Jun 02, 2016
UEDIBO:
WHY IS HE NOT SELLING IT. HOW MANY CARS IM GET.
Him nor get cars na. Na Keke Marwa him dey ride! *yimu*
Re: D'banj Shows Off All His Awards by Ayomide93(m): 12:26am On Jun 02, 2016
NwaTeacher1:
Who is D'banj? A carpenter or a palmwine tapper. I do see this guy as a lucky noisemaker. If we term him as a musician, what name should we give to wizkid them. D'banj is just an oppurtunist
An opportunist who used his opportunity so well. What did you do with your own opportunity. When people achieve success, celebrate them not castigate them. I wish you well too.

1 Like

Re: D'banj Shows Off All His Awards by Nobody: 12:26am On Jun 02, 2016
Odunharry:

Lol. Y??
You have never had of him in any pregnancy scandal??
At all
Re: D'banj Shows Off All His Awards by ObaKlaz: 12:37am On Jun 02, 2016
Ayomide93:
An opportunist who used his opportunity so well. What did you do with your own opportunity. When people achieve success, celebrate them not castigate them. I wish you well too.
I even had to re-check the meaning of the word 'Opportunist', cos I didn't really get what that pharisee meant by " D'banj is just an opportunist" Hater jatijati... Oloshi!
Re: D'banj Shows Off All His Awards by DedeNkem: 12:43am On Jun 02, 2016
Number one musician in West Africa if not the whole Africa.
Re: D'banj Shows Off All His Awards by Odunharry(m): 12:45am On Jun 02, 2016
dovelike:

At all
Lol. the guy is bn careful... Very soon many men will take that route till they are ready for marriage..
How's studies and work??
Re: D'banj Shows Off All His Awards by Nobody: 12:49am On Jun 02, 2016
Odunharry:

Lol. the guy is bn careful... Very soon many men will take that route till they are ready for marriage..
How's studies and work??
We thank God, I am on break from school now. Time to fill up my bank account
Re: D'banj Shows Off All His Awards by Odunharry(m): 12:51am On Jun 02, 2016
dovelike:

We thank God, I am on break from school now. Time to fill up my bank account
Good to know.. more money to your purse.
Re: D'banj Shows Off All His Awards by ObaKlaz: 1:01am On Jun 02, 2016
GogobiriLalas:
Living on past glory
Then I guess every musician, athlete, business tycoon, poet, writer, footballer etc should either throw past accolades, laurels, trophies and awards they've ever won into the Atlantic ocean, or even throw everything into an active volcano, cos they are PAST GLORIES. You are a 'great thinker', sir. Bravo!

1 Like

Re: D'banj Shows Off All His Awards by Nobody: 1:04am On Jun 02, 2016
Odunharry:

Good to know.. more money to your purse.
Uhuh
Re: D'banj Shows Off All His Awards by BABANGBALI: 1:10am On Jun 02, 2016
Na him wife we wan see
Re: D'banj Shows Off All His Awards by Odunharry(m): 1:10am On Jun 02, 2016
dovelike:
Uhuh
Will drop a message for you

1 Like

Re: D'banj Shows Off All His Awards by JiggamanGh: 4:12am On Jun 02, 2016
dovelike:

Uhuh

My future wifey. kiss kiss kiss

How r u? Long x
Re: D'banj Shows Off All His Awards by vicben27(m): 7:00am On Jun 02, 2016
Leaving in past glory talentless witout don baba J (don jazzy) go n face ur gari business joor u time don pass
Re: D'banj Shows Off All His Awards by Ayomide93(m): 7:01am On Jun 02, 2016
ObaKlaz:
I even had to re-check the meaning of the word 'Opportunist', cos I didn't really get what that pharisee meant by " D'banj is just an opportunist" Hater jatijati... Oloshi!
Lol don't mind him... Their type call dedication, determination and lotta hardwork opportunity.
Re: D'banj Shows Off All His Awards by mandhip: 7:55am On Jun 02, 2016
vicben27:
Leaving in past glory talentless witout don baba J (don jazzy) go n face ur gari business joor u time don pass

Let dumb jazzy dead artist, tiwa, dr Sid,d prince, show their MTV,bet, mobo, world music award. Then we can call dumb jazzy special
Re: D'banj Shows Off All His Awards by viclords: 8:05am On Jun 02, 2016
African legend
Re: D'banj Shows Off All His Awards by vicben27(m): 9:11am On Jun 02, 2016
mandhip:

Let dumb jazzy dead artist, tiwa, dr Sid,d prince, show their MTV,bet, mobo, world music award. Then we can call dumb jazzy special
don jazzy hez nt an Artist yet hez achieved far more dan many d second richest mogul in d business. If he (d banj) tinks he stil got stem let him get him self more Awards den he can ranté all he want talentless, noise maker
Re: D'banj Shows Off All His Awards by Nobody: 11:16am On Jun 02, 2016
JiggamanGh:

My future wifey. kiss kiss kiss

How r u? Long x
Lol. How have you been? Are we still at it? cheesy
Re: D'banj Shows Off All His Awards by Dotman2210(m): 11:46am On Jun 02, 2016
dovelike:
All God oo. But did this guy do vasectomy?
so because he is not involved in any scandal and didnt have any babymama means he did vasectomy,the dude is just disciplined he is the real MVP
Re: D'banj Shows Off All His Awards by HonSMD(m): 1:33pm On Jun 02, 2016
buh seriously ooo dis guy no get babymama oooo hhhhhmmmm undecided
Re: D'banj Shows Off All His Awards by Shym3xx: 2:16pm On Jun 02, 2016
shine12:

I'm not taking anything away from Him but just want to point at the Glastonbury you mentioned, there are different stage in Glastonbury. He did not certainly perform on the main stage.

http://www.glastoguide.co.uk/stages-and-areas/

Main stage or no main stage, performing at the Glastonbury is a massive privilege. Especially for his genre of music. Or how many Nigerian/African artists have performed there? How many have even been invited to wireless festival?

Respect the don/king - he's light years ahead of the other noisemakers.
Re: D'banj Shows Off All His Awards by Shym3xx: 2:20pm On Jun 02, 2016
Amefrica:

Drake actually sampled a lot of songs on his "Views" album, but he is not going to be the first person to do that, but I have been finding it hard to jump on the "bandwagon" rumor train that Drake uses ghostwriters. They are just speculations, not proven yet (last time I checked). But well, I'm not sure Chris Brown and Drake are in any competition over Rihanna - but Drake is a woman-wrapper and wanna get with all women in the industry. I don't think Rihanna likes Drake like that, "Work" video might make you think otherwise - but I'm sure Rihanna still has a thing for Breezy.

I like Burnaboy style too, Patoranking is not all that bad either as his style is kinda different. But as it stands now, they have a lot of catching up to do.

Drake uses ghostwriters...it's a fact, not a speculation and he has never denied it.

Drake has fvcked almost every popular stripper, video model, and female celebrity out there lol. That goofy nyggah is winning right now. He has an on/off relationship with Rihanna and it isn't about Rihanna liking the guy, it's about how many times has he smashed her pum to smithereens. Rihanna is Drake's pum. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Toke Makinwa Bought Another House In Banana Island - Mercy Aigbe Reveals / Victoria Inyama Tests Positive For COVID-19 In UK / All Those Who Diverted Money From Jonathan Will Die — Ibu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.