Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,303 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

When Is School Fees Considered "Too Much"? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / When Is School Fees Considered "Too Much"? (13681 Views)

5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees / Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy / Is School Actually Over-rated? See Quotes By Ajah Excel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Is School Fees Considered "Too Much"? by dongeorgio: 10:44pm On Jun 01, 2016
How much school fees can be considered too much for you to pay for your ward/child?I had the opportunity to be at a venue for common entrance recently.The interesting thing is though the amount charged is in the region of half a million naira per term.The interesting part is that some parents think it is cheap and very affordable.So will you be willing to set a limit to what you are willing to pay as schools fees or is there no limit?
Re: When Is School Fees Considered "Too Much"? by Emmyk(m): 11:58pm On Jun 01, 2016
Good question. I feel, when it is not affordable by the middle-class.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Is School Fees Considered "Too Much"? by dwilliams: 6:48am On Jun 02, 2016
when it comes to knowledge and you can ascertain the quality then there is no amount too that is too much.

mybforst STC on nairaland after 9yrs
Re: When Is School Fees Considered "Too Much"? by vizkiz: 6:48am On Jun 02, 2016
Your question is straight forward but answering this is kindda complex if we put the present situation of a country into consideration.

To some 500k for school fees in a term is just too much while to some others, 5k per term is unaffordable. We are in a messed up economy bro even public schools are not fee anymore.

In ekiti state for example, you see patents owing school fees for 2terms because the economy in that state is dead already...even while the amount is below 15k they still owe and when their debts becomes unrecoverable (bad debts) they withdraw their child to a new school

So looking at my evaluation I will say if a parent can't afford to pay his/her child's school fees with ease, it is too much

30 Likes

Re: When Is School Fees Considered "Too Much"? by Nobody: 6:48am On Jun 02, 2016
Almost $2000 for highschool is too much for a highschool education, it's not like the "degree" is useful.

Well it becomes too much if it's Fees in a year is more than 30% of your total income.

For Universities, there's no limit...Get student loans you are confident of paying back in 10 years

8 Likes

Re: When Is School Fees Considered "Too Much"? by flyca: 6:48am On Jun 02, 2016
Its too much when the parent or guardian cannot afford it.

2 Likes

Re: When Is School Fees Considered "Too Much"? by richidinho(m): 6:49am On Jun 02, 2016
Stop wasting ur money on school fees, if Buhari can become President of Nigeria today who says you can't even without certificate

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When Is School Fees Considered "Too Much"? by Hardaysheenar(m): 6:49am On Jun 02, 2016
Wen it is difficult to b paid!!...things bcom expensive to those who can't afford them...

1 Like

Re: When Is School Fees Considered "Too Much"? by powerfulsettingz: 6:49am On Jun 02, 2016
When the total payment for getting a degree certificate amount upto 500k and no job for 10yrs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Is School Fees Considered "Too Much"? by rozayx5(m): 6:49am On Jun 02, 2016
1. when you stretch yourself to pay it

2. when the money is not worth the value of the education (i cant pay heavily for any Nigerian university be it private of govt)

6 Likes

Re: When Is School Fees Considered "Too Much"? by MyIncorp: 6:50am On Jun 02, 2016
When you don't have the means to pay. Everyone has it's own budget and limits.

See questions and answers on forming a company in Nigeria
https://www.nairaland.com/3093715/company-formation-nigeria-q
Re: When Is School Fees Considered "Too Much"? by mimicious(f): 6:50am On Jun 02, 2016
A school fees is considered too much if the students from that school are dullards.

1 Like

Re: When Is School Fees Considered "Too Much"? by unapapadeycraze: 6:50am On Jun 02, 2016
What are they teaching them na? Is it not the same la cram la pour system? It's only the conducive environment that differs.
Re: When Is School Fees Considered "Too Much"? by ChrisGnarly: 6:51am On Jun 02, 2016
Whenever ur parents income is lower than d fees!!
Re: When Is School Fees Considered "Too Much"? by ednut1(m): 6:51am On Jun 02, 2016
depends on the area and ur income
Re: When Is School Fees Considered "Too Much"? by Evergreen4(m): 6:51am On Jun 02, 2016
Half a million? If I get that I will stop searching for job and will double that amount in few months

Back to topic: No amount is too much to spend on education. If u can afford it, then go for the best. If u think that education is expensive, price ignorance.

1 Like

Re: When Is School Fees Considered "Too Much"? by IamPatriotic(m): 6:51am On Jun 02, 2016
When parents/guardians struggle to pay the fees and child/ward is sent away from school for defaulting.
Re: When Is School Fees Considered "Too Much"? by maurisoft(m): 6:52am On Jun 02, 2016
When its not affordable by an average man

1 Like

Re: When Is School Fees Considered "Too Much"? by tuzle(m): 6:52am On Jun 02, 2016
when it becomes too much is when the child i so unserious with education

1 Like

Re: When Is School Fees Considered "Too Much"? by hakeem4(m): 6:53am On Jun 02, 2016
When you pay almost half of your income on school fee
Re: When Is School Fees Considered "Too Much"? by amclimax(m): 6:53am On Jun 02, 2016
Pikin wey go beta go beta na just time....if you think education is expensive try ignorance
Re: When Is School Fees Considered "Too Much"? by gift01: 6:54am On Jun 02, 2016
When it consumes more than 25% of your salary

1 Like

Re: When Is School Fees Considered "Too Much"? by ayrulez(m): 6:55am On Jun 02, 2016
A school fee is said to be high when and of this following happens:
1: you pay for a poor academic standard of the school.
2: the school doesn't have facilities yet they demand money for thses facilities.
3: when you pay so much and the school still go on strike.
4: when the school still fail plenty student, and make most of them graduate with 3rd class.

1 Like

Re: When Is School Fees Considered "Too Much"? by archdon: 6:55am On Jun 02, 2016
A man wiser than myself told me life is in stages and men are in sizes,

Know ur stage and size, put ur kids in school u can afford without staring at the bottom

Finally, choose schools for ur kids by how good they are not how expensive

3 Likes

Re: When Is School Fees Considered "Too Much"? by hertheytheydgee(m): 6:56am On Jun 02, 2016
It depends on the value of academic services that is rendered in each school.

The important thing is for you to cut your coat according to your cloth.

The kind of word we live in

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Is School Fees Considered "Too Much"? by donkross1(m): 6:58am On Jun 02, 2016
hertheytheydgee:
T

hakeem4:
H

amclimax:

cheesy See people papa oo.

It's simply too much when it's too much.
Re: When Is School Fees Considered "Too Much"? by ddippset(m): 7:02am On Jun 02, 2016
richidinho:
Stop wasting ur money on school fees, if Buhari can become President of Nigeria today who says you can't even without certificate
not funny

2 Likes

Re: When Is School Fees Considered "Too Much"? by Nobody: 7:03am On Jun 02, 2016
To me none o, my school fees right from nursery to primary to secondary and university level has always been expensive and i am okay with the cost. (No be me they pay for am though, it's daddy grin grin)
Re: When Is School Fees Considered "Too Much"? by Araoluwa005(m): 7:03am On Jun 02, 2016
richidinho:
what is this one saying?

Re: When Is School Fees Considered "Too Much"? by Nobody: 7:04am On Jun 02, 2016
When is school fees regarded as too much?

Firstly, there are levels to things so so long as you can pay for it, it's affordable.

Otherwise, education is priceless really. There's always something more to offer.
Re: When Is School Fees Considered "Too Much"? by aieromon(m): 7:05am On Jun 02, 2016
Hmm. This is a subjective question and depends on your spending power. The main thing is to have a minimum benchmark of quality education and continuously monitor the standard.

(1) (2) (Reply)

EagleScan: Nigeria Unveils Plagiarism Detection Software / How Much Is An Mba Prog At Unilag / 2018 JAMB CBT EXPO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.