Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,819 members, 7,956,085 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:17 AM

Why Genevieve Nnaji Was Dropped From AMAA 2016 Nominations - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Why Genevieve Nnaji Was Dropped From AMAA 2016 Nominations (40598 Views)

Genevieve Nnaji Replaces Funke Akindele In 2018 Avengers Infinity War Movie / "76" Movie Sweeps 14 AMVCA Nominations, Which Is An All Time Record / AMAA 2016 Announces Nominations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Genevieve Nnaji Was Dropped From AMAA 2016 Nominations by Zedoo(m): 11:52am On Jun 12, 2016
Amaa. Hmmm. Doesn't hurt her. Nas never win Grammy even once yet he is a legend.
Nobody touching Genevieve and Omotola. Period.
Awards or No awards...her career is longer than amaa. They seeking cheap fame by stressing the fact that she wasn't nominated.....baby still swiping cards to endorsements and the rest. Smellos

2 Likes

Re: Why Genevieve Nnaji Was Dropped From AMAA 2016 Nominations by frubben(m): 11:54am On Jun 12, 2016
I guess the op has nt heard the word "SUMMARY" before.
The Bleep, u expect me to read this poo wen its not nigeria budget mtweee

Back to the matter
If genny lik make she adhere dats her cup of tea mtweeeeee, how does that boost our economy?
Re: Why Genevieve Nnaji Was Dropped From AMAA 2016 Nominations by moonraker(m): 11:54am On Jun 12, 2016
Maybe my comprehension skills are really off today but i read the whole thing and the only reason i grabbed from the article is that she did adhere

to their rules by making a registration in time?? is that it lads??
Re: Why Genevieve Nnaji Was Dropped From AMAA 2016 Nominations by GoldenJAT(m): 11:55am On Jun 12, 2016
she no die Na!!!
Re: Why Genevieve Nnaji Was Dropped From AMAA 2016 Nominations by petsam11(m): 11:56am On Jun 12, 2016
Please, between AMVCA, Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards and AMAA, Africa Movie Academy Awards, which one is greater

1 Like

Re: Why Genevieve Nnaji Was Dropped From AMAA 2016 Nominations by menstrualpad: 12:00pm On Jun 12, 2016
predictable.
Vickyydera:
She don't need you guys anyway.
Re: Why Genevieve Nnaji Was Dropped From AMAA 2016 Nominations by lacoach: 12:02pm On Jun 12, 2016
What is so special about her. Even a secondary school drop out and a baby mama yet she is making front page. Let bounce Nairaland.
Re: Why Genevieve Nnaji Was Dropped From AMAA 2016 Nominations by Esejojo: 12:03pm On Jun 12, 2016
So, if Genevieve's movie had sold 1 billion copies worldwide and had grossed N100billionn and because she didn't fill AMAA nomination form, she still would not make the nomination list?

Interesting!

1 Like

Re: Why Genevieve Nnaji Was Dropped From AMAA 2016 Nominations by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jun 12, 2016
menstrualpad:
predictable.
Do you derive joy from quoting my sobriquet?
Re: Why Genevieve Nnaji Was Dropped From AMAA 2016 Nominations by DangotePikin: 12:07pm On Jun 12, 2016
petsam11:
Please, between AMVCA, Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards and AMAA, Africa Movie Academy Awards, which one is greater
Good question. AMVCA is more interesting and organized than AMAA.
Re: Why Genevieve Nnaji Was Dropped From AMAA 2016 Nominations by petsam11(m): 12:17pm On Jun 12, 2016
DangotePikin:
Good question. AMVCA is more interesting and organized than AMAA.

Yeah although I haven't watched any AMAA before but from what I have seen in all the AMVCA's that I have watched I think they are the most organized and most interesting Movie Awards in the continent...
But I just want to know the one between them that rates higher...
Because for me, regardless of the fact that AMVCA is from Africa Magic, multichoice, etc... I still think that they rates higher than AMAA...Because, everybody wanna watch out for AMVCA unlike AMAA (And Genny has already gotten an AMVCA for best movie West Africa)...
So, Nairalanders, which one is rated hjgher?
Re: Why Genevieve Nnaji Was Dropped From AMAA 2016 Nominations by sholay2011(m): 12:51pm On Jun 12, 2016
prof800:
"Over the years, we’ve become
something like the Oscars of Africa and we try to
maintain that standard."

You people better bring more innovations because last I checked the AMVCA was becoming more like the "Oscars of Africa".
Hmmm...prof, you are really wrong on this one oh. AMVCA is more like the Golden globes: more star worshipping, more enjoyable etc. AMAA is actually more prestigious abeg.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Genevieve Nnaji Was Dropped From AMAA 2016 Nominations by menstrualpad: 12:52pm On Jun 12, 2016
OJUJU Hi, ur DP remind me of a masquerade in Ijebu Ode...lols
Vickyydera:
Do you derive joy from quoting my sobriquet?
Re: Why Genevieve Nnaji Was Dropped From AMAA 2016 Nominations by Wiseandtrue(f): 1:10pm On Jun 12, 2016
AMAA abi na HAMMER I will not reply except I hear from Genevieve because you people like pulling your own down which is why she might not even be interested.
You likened yourself to OSCAR but behave like DISCARD why not publish your expectations from nominees.
I believe there is more to this may be she was not interested in your childish award, and that really got you angry. Then you think by leaking this to the public you will tarnish her image, Genevieve don go far........
Leave the poor girl alone. She has worked very hard without your input to build her image! shocked tongue

1 Like

Re: Why Genevieve Nnaji Was Dropped From AMAA 2016 Nominations by olash007: 1:11pm On Jun 12, 2016
Blame Buhari
Re: Why Genevieve Nnaji Was Dropped From AMAA 2016 Nominations by Wiseandtrue(f): 1:12pm On Jun 12, 2016
NollywoodFreak:

https://www.naij.com/832599-just-genevieve-nnaji-dropped-amaa-2016.html
AMAA abi na HAMMER I will not reply except I hear from Genevieve because you people like pulling your own down which is why she might not even be interested.
You likened yourself to OSCAR but behave like DISCARD why not publish your expectations from nominees.
I believe there is more to this may be she was not interested in your childish award, and that really got you angry. Then you think by leaking this to the public you will tarnish her image, Genevieve don go far........
Leave the poor girl alone. She has worked very hard without your input to build her image! shocked tongue
Re: Why Genevieve Nnaji Was Dropped From AMAA 2016 Nominations by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jun 12, 2016
menstrualpad:
OJUJU Hi, ur DP remind me of a masquerade in Ijebu Ode...lols
sorry for u.
Re: Why Genevieve Nnaji Was Dropped From AMAA 2016 Nominations by menstrualpad: 1:30pm On Jun 12, 2016
eish stop my mentions...if I need 2 talk 2 someone like you...I'd go with wizemoney to ojude oba festival to see that masquerade
Vickyydera:
sorry for u.
Re: Why Genevieve Nnaji Was Dropped From AMAA 2016 Nominations by MavenTemi(m): 1:35pm On Jun 12, 2016
Too long a post... angry,pls wake me up later.
Re: Why Genevieve Nnaji Was Dropped From AMAA 2016 Nominations by JideTheBlogger(m): 1:49pm On Jun 12, 2016
I see...
Re: Why Genevieve Nnaji Was Dropped From AMAA 2016 Nominations by linearity: 2:07pm On Jun 12, 2016
aloziedaya:
In as much as corruption is widespread in the entertainment industry
today, I believe something unacceptable must have made Gene to
ignore AMAA and their awards.

The success of the movie is most paramount.

...and yet, they responded to AMAA asking how to be included, but albeit too late, making AMAA to refuse their late entries or late attempt to comply.
Re: Why Genevieve Nnaji Was Dropped From AMAA 2016 Nominations by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jun 12, 2016
She doesn't need it
Re: Why Genevieve Nnaji Was Dropped From AMAA 2016 Nominations by Lumeday(m): 3:00pm On Jun 12, 2016
Can someone please drop the link to download the full movie?? Biko
Re: Why Genevieve Nnaji Was Dropped From AMAA 2016 Nominations by seangy4konji: 3:28pm On Jun 12, 2016
Abeg wetin dat one deh type for there
Re: Why Genevieve Nnaji Was Dropped From AMAA 2016 Nominations by Sobeautiful: 5:25pm On Jun 12, 2016
Maybe she wasn't interested. She should be tired of all these local awards anyway.
Re: Why Genevieve Nnaji Was Dropped From AMAA 2016 Nominations by Henon: 5:57pm On Jun 12, 2016
Op, Why can't you just go straight to the point?
Re: Why Genevieve Nnaji Was Dropped From AMAA 2016 Nominations by prof800(m): 6:30pm On Jun 12, 2016
sholay2011:

Hmmm...prof, you are really wrong on this one oh. AMVCA is more like the Golden globes: more star worshipping, more enjoyable etc. AMAA is actually more prestigious abeg.
I am wrong abii.?
Oya tell me why AMVCA is getting hypes year in year out more than AMAA sef.
I remember during the AMVCA period dstv no let anybody hear word.
But now they just mellow down on AMAA.
Re: Why Genevieve Nnaji Was Dropped From AMAA 2016 Nominations by MrGerald(m): 7:42pm On Jun 12, 2016
They want to use her image for publicity without payment, thanks sweetie for ignoring "em
Re: Why Genevieve Nnaji Was Dropped From AMAA 2016 Nominations by rallymento(m): 7:58pm On Jun 12, 2016
Vickyydera:
She don't need you guys anyway.
Yes i supported your opinion cos she didn't dey when she doesn't do AMAA registration

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bussinessman Offers N5million To Nini’s Boyfriend To Allow Her Be With Saga / Jaywon: ‘Big Brother Is A Scam, He Selects People He Can Make Money From' / BBNaija 2019: 240 Millions Votes Cast For This Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.