Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,416 members, 7,822,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Gov Wike Gives Official Statement Over The Presidents Visit To The State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Wike Gives Official Statement Over The Presidents Visit To The State (897 Views)

Nigeria Customs Release Statement Over Guns Intercepted In Lagos / PDP Releases Press Statement Over Abia Governorship / Wike Gives Rivers Magistrates Cars - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Wike Gives Official Statement Over The Presidents Visit To The State by maxdozie(m): 6:28am On Jun 02, 2016
Governor Wike Makes His Statement over the presidential Visit to Rivers State to lunch the clean-up of Ogoni-Land

It say, My dear people of Rivers State

1.The President and Commander-in-Chief of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, His Excellency, President Muhammadu Buhari, CGFR, is paying an official visit to Rivers State, tomorrow, Thursday, 2nd June 2016 to formally launch the clean up of Ogoniland and other oil impacted communities in the Niger Delta.

2. Mr. President’s visit to the State is both historic and significant. It is historic because it marks his first official visit to the Sate since assuming office as the President of this great nation. It is most significant because Mr. President is not on a political mission but to kick-start the largest environmental cleanup in our nation’s history, for which Rivers people, and indeed the Niger Delta will remain grateful.

3. Therefore, I call on Rivers people to be peaceful, law-abiding and demonstrate the traditional Rivers hospitality towards Mr. President and his distinguished entourage throughout the visit.

4. As I have noted earlier, Mr. President is here as the father of the nation who cares about the environmental and developmental challenges that we face as one of his primary constituencies.

5. Accordingly, his presence in Rivers State is not an occasion for political campaigns by anybody or political party. Rather, it is an occasion and an opportunity for us to demonstrate unity of purpose and our readiness to work together with Mr. President to move Rivers State and the nation forward.

6. Let me therefore advise desperate politicians in our midst to be mindful of the charged social and economic situation in the country and refrain from making unguarded statements over Mr. President’s visit that could inflame political rivalry and precipitate unnecessary upheavals in the State.

7. Rivers State has been peaceful and must remain so during and after Mr. President’s visit. The security agencies have accordingly been directed to arrest and prosecute any person, no matter his or her position, who attempts to exploit Mr. President’s visit for extraneous purposes that undermine the prevailing peace and security in Rivers State.

8. Furthermore, as part of measures to enhance security during Mr. President’s visit I hereby place a ban on the operations of motorcycles and tricycles in Gokana and Khana Local Government Areas between 6 a.m. and 6 pm on Thursday, 2nd June 2016. The security agencies have been directed to enforce this ban and ensure full compliance.

9. Finally, I call on Rivers people, particularly the people of Ogoniland, to come out in great numbers and give our amiable President a rousing welcome during his visit.

10. Thank you and God bless Rivers State.

http://www.oneinfoplus.com.ng/2016/06/02/gov-wike/

Mynd44 Fynestboi lalasticlala
Re: Gov Wike Gives Official Statement Over The Presidents Visit To The State by NLEFCC(m): 6:33am On Jun 02, 2016
First time am seeing something nice from Gov Wike.

1 Like

Re: Gov Wike Gives Official Statement Over The Presidents Visit To The State by Nobody: 6:34am On Jun 02, 2016
What is he bring the tomatoes an Ogoni cry
Re: Gov Wike Gives Official Statement Over The Presidents Visit To The State by Deapexboy(m): 6:36am On Jun 02, 2016
Make him buy bread while coming because e don cost
Re: Gov Wike Gives Official Statement Over The Presidents Visit To The State by Nobody: 6:38am On Jun 02, 2016
Hmm..
I hope this has reduced the price of tomatoes?
Re: Gov Wike Gives Official Statement Over The Presidents Visit To The State by AntiWailer: 6:41am On Jun 02, 2016
If a retard and toddler like Fayose is greater than Awolowo, Mature Wike is greater than Ojukwu.
Re: Gov Wike Gives Official Statement Over The Presidents Visit To The State by Nobody: 6:46am On Jun 02, 2016
FowlYansh:
What is he bring the tomatoes an Ogoni cry
Can't make sense of your post. Is ur moniker a reflection of your thought process? Just asking

1 Like

Re: Gov Wike Gives Official Statement Over The Presidents Visit To The State by nrexzy: 6:47am On Jun 02, 2016
Would be home today shaaaa just observing..
Re: Gov Wike Gives Official Statement Over The Presidents Visit To The State by Maxzycutie: 6:48am On Jun 02, 2016
My humble president!
Nice Sratement from You...

@ Mynd44 Fynestboi lalasticlala
Abeg drive Us safely to front page
Re: Gov Wike Gives Official Statement Over The Presidents Visit To The State by Kagarko(m): 6:57am On Jun 02, 2016
The first friendly statement I've heard from this man Wike since assumption of office.

Please Tell The Avengers

"To Be Forewarned Is To Be Forearmed"

God bless Nigeria and Nigerians
God bless PMB For Doing What Their Son Could Not Do When In Power.

1 Like

Re: Gov Wike Gives Official Statement Over The Presidents Visit To The State by flamingREED(m): 7:02am On Jun 02, 2016
Hehe grin

For the love of front page
Re: Gov Wike Gives Official Statement Over The Presidents Visit To The State by fedorahat: 7:14am On Jun 02, 2016
Very nice from wike

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Gov. Ambode Hosts Members Of The Southern Governors’ Wives’ Forum / America And The Man-no-be-wood Nigerian Lawmakers - Reuben Abati / Abia Governor Celebrated By His Kinsmen (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.