Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,922 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

Misuse Of The Name Nigeria On The Web - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Misuse Of The Name Nigeria On The Web (663 Views)

Changing The Name Nigeria / Flora Shaw (lord Lugard's Wife) Didn't Coin The Name Nigeria. / Wikileaks To Name Nigeria’s Treasury Looters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Misuse Of The Name Nigeria On The Web by Afam(m): 5:06pm On Aug 24, 2009
Misuse of the name Nigeria on the web

I believe every country reserves the right to protect the use of the official name in any capacity anywhere in the world especially where the image is at stake.

While searching for a domain name for a project I tried to find out if abcnigeria.com was available and as a matter of fact it was already taken by someone.

I tried to visit the website and saw a live website developed for ZEL Custom Manufacturing, a company that manufacture guns.

Now, what on earth would the name Nigeria be doing on a domain name belonging to a gun manufacturing company that is based in Florida?

Maybe Nigeria means something other than the official name of a country in Africa.

I doubt if the ministry of information as a ministry will have the time to look into matters like this one when it has its hands full with domestic matters.

Nigeria as a country may not be living up to its potential, the government may not be providing its citizens with all the basic necessities of life, her citizens may be involved in crime (just like other citizens of other countries) but I dare say that as long as Nigeria remains the name of our country I find it objectionable for a gun manufacturing company in Florida, USA to be using the name Nigeria the way it is using it right now.

www.abcnigeria.com is the website address.
Re: Misuse Of The Name Nigeria On The Web by asha80(m): 5:07pm On Aug 24, 2009
Maybe they are making guns primarily to be sent to nigeria tongue
Re: Misuse Of The Name Nigeria On The Web by kokoA(m): 5:26pm On Aug 24, 2009
Afam:

Maybe Nigeria means something other than the official name of a country in Africa.

Yes. I also means gun factory. Over 95,000 weapons were handed over by militants yesterday alone.

Afam:

Is this our official website?
Re: Misuse Of The Name Nigeria On The Web by Jakumo(m): 5:27pm On Aug 24, 2009
The word "Nigeria", like the word "shark" , elicits an involuntary avoidance and fear instinct in many who pay attention to world news, so associating the name abcNigeria with self-defence hardware could turn out to be a trademark made in heaven, since invoking the key word "Nigeria" subconsciously predisposes punters to thoughts of protective firepower, whereupon an affordable selection is offered up in glossy photographs.

A few other similarly inspired names could be Hellman Province Assault Pistols,  Warri War Gear,  Lagos Light Infantry Equipment,  Bhagdad Bazookas, Freetown Fragmentation Ordnance and Monrovia Street Sweepers.
Re: Misuse Of The Name Nigeria On The Web by holythug(m): 5:28pm On Aug 24, 2009
kokoA:

Yes. I [s][/s]also means gun factory. Over 95,000 weapons were handed over by militants yesterday alone.
Is this our official website?
Re: Misuse Of The Name Nigeria On The Web by blacksta(m): 5:37pm On Aug 24, 2009
Jakumo:

The word "Nigeria", like the word "shark" , elicits an involuntary avoidance and fear instinct in many who pay attention to world news, so associating the name abcNigeria with self-defence hardware could turn out to be a trademark made in heaven,  since invoking the key word "Nigeria" subconsciously predisposes punters to thoughts of protective firepower, whereupon an affordable selection is offered up in glossy photographs.

A few other similarly inspired names could be Hellman Province Assault Pistols,  Warri War Gear,  Lagos Light Infantry Equipment,  Bhagdad Bazookas, Freetown Fragmentation Ordnance and Monrovia Street Sweepers.

lol
u r bloody drunkard

What about Niger Delta Sub shaka bula gun
Re: Misuse Of The Name Nigeria On The Web by ezeagu(m): 8:09pm On Aug 24, 2009
Afam:

Misuse of the name Nigeria on the web

I believe every country reserves the right to protect the use of the official name in any capacity anywhere in the world especially where the image is at stake.

While searching for a domain name for a project I tried to find out if abcnigeria.com was available and as a matter of fact it was already taken by someone.

I tried to visit the website and saw a live website developed for ZEL Custom Manufacturing, a company that manufacture guns.

Now, what on earth would the name Nigeria be doing on a domain name belonging to a gun manufacturing company that is based in Florida?

I doubt if the ministry of information as a ministry will have the time to look into matters like this one when it has its hands full with domestic matters.

Nigeria as a country may not be living up to its potential, the government may not be providing its citizens with all the basic necessities of life, her citizens may be involved in crime (just like other citizens of other countries) but I dare say that as long as Nigeria remains the name of our country I find it objectionable for a gun manufacturing company in Florida, USA to be using the name Nigeria the way it is using it right now.

Cause Nigeria sucks, I think we should have already come to that realisation by now, lol. Why do we even care anymore, people can't eat, we're talking about websites, lol. We are so deluded, let me tell you; no one wants to set foot in Nigeria (even it's descendant's) so I doubt a website would make a difference to the countries reputation.
Re: Misuse Of The Name Nigeria On The Web by bawomolo(m): 8:49pm On Aug 24, 2009
Jakumo:

The word "Nigeria", like the word "shark" , elicits an involuntary avoidance and fear instinct in many who pay attention to world news, so associating the name abcNigeria with self-defence hardware could turn out to be a trademark made in heaven, since invoking the key word "Nigeria" subconsciously predisposes punters to thoughts of protective firepower, whereupon an affordable selection is offered up in glossy photographs.

A few other similarly inspired names could be Hellman Province Assault Pistols, Warri War Gear, Lagos Light Infantry Equipment, Bhagdad Bazookas, Freetown Fragmentation Ordnance and Monrovia Street Sweepers.

monrovia street sweepers cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Cecilia Ibru Versus Erastus Akingbola: Who Has Better Strategy? / Saudi King Writes Yar’adua’s Nigeria At 49 / Saudi King Write Yar'adua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.