Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,715 members, 7,820,496 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

#auditpeacemass - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / #auditpeacemass (517 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#auditpeacemass by zeitel: 1:17pm On Jun 02, 2016
#AUDITPMT: On the 22nd day of may 2016, Nigerians witnessed the horrors of road accidents once again. This time, and not for the first time, peace mass transit. Chills went down my spine as i looked through the horrific pictures and gory scenes of human beings mangled together and blood flowing unhindered from the unfortunate bus.
Tears streamed down my eyes, i became very sad because of the syndrome of "it could have been me". There are days when a brother would have just a little money(thanks to the economic crunch and the "slow but steady & snail speed" movement of todays government (no pun intended) and the next best thing is to travel down south by road, hmmmmm, via night bus.
I awoke to the joyful news that one of the occupants, Joy Akabuike, had woken up from coma on the 27th day of may (5 days after). I remember I was at an ATM machine when i heard the news and wanted to "pad" my budgeted withdrawal. Then it happened. Just like playing the nollywood script, i read that she had passed on on the 01st day of June 2016( 9 days after the fact). I BECAME ANGRY IN MY SPIRIT....
MY 2 CENTS
1) When did human lives become so trivial to us in this country? (My answer: TAY TAY, that is, SINCE EEEE....)
2) Why did we not hear official statements from FRSC and even the Ministry of Transportation? ( Because no minister or ministers pikin was on board) (NOTE: If any statement was made, I didnt see or hear or maybe it was not as loud as when the state minister of labour died)
3) Why have we not screamed for an audit of PMT to serve as a deterrent to erring owners of mass transit buses? (This one i dont have an answer to, maybe because, the change we voted for does not include this, i dont know)
CONCLUSION
We voted for change in this country, even if the people do not see it, atleast our leaders should stand true to their convictions and "make the change".
1) Yes, there are lots of accidents daily, hence, why #AUDITPEACE MASS? Because, we need to start making examples and not just playing "tete"with our citizenry.
2) I feel the ministry of transportation can take this up and score some points. (Well, dont ask me, we just finished 365 days in office and the spotlight was only on our president)
Fellow Nigerians, it is time( I have heard this plenty times), to make noise, lets shout it #AUDITPEACEMASS, till they hear. We are not meant to be slaughtered or killed my irresponsible acts. If in doubt, look at the attached pictures and please lets feel the pain of the voiceless ones that have lost someone...
God bless Nigeria

Re: #auditpeacemass by AuntyLawyer: 6:57pm On Jun 02, 2016
@op. I totally agree with you on this. It is really sad that our lives count for so little in this country. In saner environment peace mass transit would have been grounded already, with severe fines and damages paid to the victims of the accident.

But this is Nigeria.....its very unfortunate. Instill expect out minster if transport to take measures to ensure our safety on the road. Not everyone can afford to fly by air. #auditpeacemasstransit

P.s I have taken one of their buses and the way those drivers speed and pick passengers on the road, plus the over loading of the bus.. very annoying!
Re: #auditpeacemass by zeitel: 11:12pm On Jun 02, 2016
@aunty lawyer, let's shout it till it gets to someone somewhere
#auditpeacemass
Re: #auditpeacemass by zeitel: 11:13am On Jul 01, 2016
Hmmmmmm
And it had to happen again.
Like seriously, wtf is going in this country.
People please let's shout this thing out. We are tired of being sacrificial lamb for a few.
Remember, IT COULD BE ANYONE TOMORROW, or worst off, SOMEONE YOU KNOW
.......enough is enough

(1) (Reply)

14 Times The Niger Delta Avengers Has Struck / Thank You Fidelity Bank / Nigerian FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.