Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,765 members, 7,820,672 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

What My Boss Told Me About My Religious Belief. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What My Boss Told Me About My Religious Belief. (3433 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: "Abiola, Tofa, Aminu Kano, June 12 Election; What God Told Me" / Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin On Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal: "What God Told Me" / "Buhari Will Bring Doom To Nigeria": Father Obimma, What Holy Spirit Told Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What My Boss Told Me About My Religious Belief. by rejosom(m): 7:03pm On Jun 06, 2016
Sugarhugs:

Okay, it is going fine, quite easy though, just need to dedicate time for it

Nice teacher there. I will post some of my games. SoL is d man.
Re: What My Boss Told Me About My Religious Belief. by rejosom(m): 7:18pm On Jun 06, 2016
lastmessenger:
what i hate most in religion is being close mindedness although logically every human is close minded in some way but some are in the extreme, following whatever they are told to the letter without asking questions. Thanks to the op for allowing his God giving rational ability to come into play in one of the things he has been taught and am convinced that some how you will come to a conclusion.

having considered Christianity and all the practices thereof, i have to believe the words of the great scientist Sir Isaac Newton who wrote and said

" by exercising the love of God and the passionate pursuit of truth,anyone one of us can join the rank of the elect"

doing this is what it means to be a christian. any other thing that people do in the name of Christianity is just secondary.praying through marry, speaking in tongues, giving tithes and offering, going to church everyday of your life is all good when done in good conscience but it pales in comparison to the unwavering love of God and the passionate pursuit of truth.

You have spoken well Sir,

I have always believed that humanity is connected and as such any practices religious or otherwise that disconnect us are not worth it.
Re: What My Boss Told Me About My Religious Belief. by frank317: 7:35pm On Jun 06, 2016
rejosom:

You can view those seemingly mythical stories as the hypothesis with which we work. All should be open to test.
Life itself might be meaningless but it is our duty to make meaning of it.
Nicely put
Re: What My Boss Told Me About My Religious Belief. by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jun 06, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Did a redesign and restructured the lessons. You can go through it. I'll add more lessons tomorrow or Tuesday. There'll be lots of exercises too for practice.

Sugarhugs, before you give up on learning programming, try this.
http://onyenkuzi.com/learn-python/#py/

Thanks a lot, are you the one Who created the website?
Re: What My Boss Told Me About My Religious Belief. by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jun 06, 2016
Sugarhugs:

Thanks a lot, are you the one Who created the website?
yeah, it's my site. designed it meself. smiley
Re: What My Boss Told Me About My Religious Belief. by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jun 06, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

yeah, it's my site. designed it meself. smiley

Wow nice, only that this your name undecided
Re: What My Boss Told Me About My Religious Belief. by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jun 06, 2016
Sugarhugs:

Wow nice, only that this your name undecided
grin a rose, by any other name....
Re: What My Boss Told Me About My Religious Belief. by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jun 12, 2016
hi rejosom, gone through the new tutorials? Waiting for feedback. smiley THanks.
Re: What My Boss Told Me About My Religious Belief. by rejosom(m): 9:35am On Jun 13, 2016
sonOfLucifer:
hi rejosom, gone through the new tutorials? Waiting for feedback. smiley THanks.

Boss,

I've beeb both busy and Lazy.... but will definitely visit tonight. Thanks a bunch. I will post some of my programs in ur site for vetting. Keep up the gud work boss.
Re: What My Boss Told Me About My Religious Belief. by CAPSLOCKED: 9:37am On Jun 13, 2016
undecided
Re: What My Boss Told Me About My Religious Belief. by rejosom(m): 9:48am On Jun 13, 2016
CAPSLOCKED:
undecided
o gini?
Re: What My Boss Told Me About My Religious Belief. by rejosom(m): 3:06pm On Jun 16, 2016
Mr.
sonOfLucifer:

Boss,

I have gone through lesson 5 and as usual it was great. Patiently waiting for the next updates. Keep up the good work boss, I so much gbedu your teaching method. (No excuse not to understand).

Here is a game I wrote based on a program you wrote for someone on this forum. (Please, ignore the indentation issues)

#This is myGuessGame using Python.
#Shout out to onyenkuzi.com (Mr. SoL)! Lolz
import random

print('Welcome to myGuessGame, What is your name?')
print()
player = input()

print ('Hello '+player+', I am thinking of a number between 1 and 15')
print()
print('Can you guess my number in five trials?')
print()
respond = input()
print()
if respond == 'yes' or respond == 'y':
print("Good, Let's start"wink
trials = 0
number = random.randint(1,15)

while trials < 5:
print('Take a guess: ')
print()

guess = int (input())

trials = trials+1

if guess < number:
print('Your Guess is LOW, try a higher number')

if guess > number:
print('Your Guess is HIGH, try a lower number')

if guess == number:
break

if guess == number:
points = (6 - trials)*20
trials = str(trials)
points = str(points)
print('Congratulations '+player+ ',' 'YOU WON!!!. You guessed my number in ' +trials+' Trials')
print()
print ('Your score is '+points+'%')

if guess != number:
number = str(number)
print ('Sorry ' +player+','' YOU LOST. The correct number is'+number)

elif respond != 'Yes' or respond != 'y':
print ('THANK YOU, SEE YOU NEXT TIME')

Your response will be appreciated.
Re: What My Boss Told Me About My Religious Belief. by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 16, 2016
rejosom:
Mr.

Boss,

I have gone through lesson 5 and as usual it was great. Patiently waiting for the next updates. Keep up the good work boss, I so much gbedu your teaching method. (No excuse not to understand).
Sugarhugs, small testimony. grin grin

rejosom:

Here is a game I wrote based on a program you wrote for someone on this forum. (Please, ignore the indentation issues). Your response will be appreciated.
Ahh, really proud. U don turn Master. I'll make my comments on your code on my next blog post. Yeah, with new Python Updates.

Thans for the comments. Really appreciate.
Re: What My Boss Told Me About My Religious Belief. by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jun 16, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Sugarhugs, small testimony. grin grin

Ahh, really proud. U don turn Master. I'll make my comments on your code on my next blog post. Yeah, with new Python Updates.

Thans for the comments. Really appreciate.

I'm proud of u o, I for don learn python o but my laptop spoil oo cry I dey try save money to buy new one, so I dey on pause for the learning
Re: What My Boss Told Me About My Religious Belief. by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jun 16, 2016
Sugarhugs:

I'm proud of u o, I for don learn python o but my laptop spoil oo cry I dey try save money to buy new one, so I dey on pause for the learning
@bold: cool cool cool grin

That's cool. Make sure you get a good one o..
Re: What My Boss Told Me About My Religious Belief. by urahara(m): 7:42pm On Jun 16, 2016
rejosom:
One Tuesday afternoon, I just got back from lunch and decided to rest my head a bit on my desk as it has been a stressful day trying a whole lot of different engineering designs to know which one works better for a novel installation we were going to embark on. My Boss (He is a pastor) apparently tired for the same reason walked slowly into the office I guess trying to stretch out and cool off before going back to look at the last design I turned in.

We exchanged the usual oga and boy greetings and without any warning he asked me 'why do you people pray to Mary? shocked. At first I was shocked but I managed to offer a little explanation citing the wedding at Cana and the Behold your mother bible scenes as examples. But that would not convince him (not that I expected him to be convinced anyway) as he went on to preach to me about having only one mediator between God and Man and all that. Then he added, don't you think that by asking Mary to pray for you instead of of you praying directly to your God, you are only undermining the power of grace of Jesus? I thought about that for a second then I asked him whether he believed that Jesus can heal every disease and he answered in the affirmative. I asked him again if he takes drugs and he said yes, then I asked him if he believed that taking drugs undermined the power of Jesus by whose stripes we are healed. He looked at me for a while and said no, shook his head and said to me and I quote "the power of indoctrination can not easily be broken". I asked for explanation and he told me that I have I have been brainwashed from childhood to hold on to these doctrines (for we talked a lot about Mary and the Rosary) and that he will continue praying fro me to break free from them.

Although I laughed at him when he said that I couldn't help thinking to myself at home 'what if he was right?' 'what if I was brainwashed to believe these thing? Well, trust me I quickly dismissed these ideas for I have witnessed personal miracles through the rosary.

Funny enough few weeks later, I was on nairaland (dmandy was the moniker and it has long been deactivated) and the topic of discuss again was Mary and rosary. After a lengthy discussion on the issue someone asked me if any of my prayers through Mary has ever been answered and I was so and glad as I started telling the tale of a period not quite long ago from that time when I was either going to loose my job and defend my Msc project or abandon the thesis for my job (I was supposed to go offshore and there was no alternative) I earnestly prayed my rosary and decided to go for the job. Long story short, I called my course mates that faithful Monday morning and received the good news, the defense has been postponed for a whole two months. I couldn't believe this miracle.... I sang and thanked my lord Jesus and the His dearly beloved mother for this unmerited favor. To my uttermost surprise, my fellow christian asked me 'Don't you think that was a coincidence?' Ewoo! would it still had been anything near a coincidence if I had prayed in Jesus Name without mentioning Mary or the Rosary. Well, I answered that it was nothing like coincidence but deep down I I had a series of "what if's".

What if he was right? What if all the miracles I have been so proud of were mere coincidence? What if my boss was right and that I came to see the Mary as the mother of Jesus because I was told? what if I came to believe that the bible is the word of God because I was told? what if I was brainwashed to think that my belief is superior to other? What if I was I was born in Sokoto (I am from Imo state), would I be a Christian today? What if I was born in China, would it be any difference? What if ......

Oh never mind, some things are better left unattended to but why?

U would always see non catholics as lost and non catholics wand always see u as lost as well.

Op all i can say is.......

.....!......... Keep pondering smiley
Re: What My Boss Told Me About My Religious Belief. by Omoluabi16(m): 8:18pm On Jun 16, 2016
I will Sl@p you boy. as a Christian, you have the ability to rationalize issues concerning your faith. I don't want to condemn, but I think I have one or two things against the Catholic belief.
Re: What My Boss Told Me About My Religious Belief. by rejosom(m): 10:04pm On Jun 16, 2016
urahara:

U would always see non catholics as lost and non catholics wand always see u as lost as well.

Op all i can say is.......

.....!......... Keep pondering smiley

Well, personally I don't see anybody as lost, only see people as having different views of the same thing. Though I must admit that most times our views are shaped by a number of factors, yet they remain what they are views. There are more things that connects us than there see that separate us, I always want to look out for the former.

Lolx..... it's my right to ponder o and I come get the ability to. 'what if..'.
Re: What My Boss Told Me About My Religious Belief. by rejosom(m): 10:17pm On Jun 16, 2016
Omoluabi16:
I will Sl@p you boy. as a Christian, you have the ability to rationalize issues concerning your faith. I don't want to condemn, but I think I have one or two things against the Catholic belief.

Oga abeg no slap me.

Well, that is exactly what I am...trying to make sense of these intra-Christian fights. I see it as a pointer to something. ... something the church fathers won't tell us. I'm no longer interested in knowing who is right or wrong between the numerous Christian denominations and between Christians and numerous other religions. I only want to know why. Why the multiplicity?
Re: What My Boss Told Me About My Religious Belief. by davien(m): 10:27pm On Jun 16, 2016
rejosom:

Oga abeg no slap me.

Well, that is exactly what I am...trying to make sense of these intra-Christian fights. I see it as a pointer to something. ... something the church fathers won't tell us. I'm no longer interested in knowing who is right or wrong between the numerous Christian denominations and between Christians and numerous other religions. I only want to know why. Why the multiplicity?
The same reason,not all humans have the same minds... we are all different in conclusions and thinking.. so what do you think happens when a religious book is open to interpretation? undecided

2 Likes

Re: What My Boss Told Me About My Religious Belief. by Omoluabi16(m): 10:33pm On Jun 16, 2016
rejosom:

Oga abeg no slap me.

Why the multiplicity? because each denomination have their own understanding/interpretation of the bible and Christian standards. However therr is only one God, and there will be only ine Judgement. Then why do you belong to ur denomination? Because ur parents/friends attend there? because ur pressured not to leave? abi cos its mode of operating is more convenient for u? These are pertinent questions you should ask yourself..but most importantly are they strictly structured as the God's words says? As for me, I go to my church because It is in line with what God expects us to do.Others may disagree with my views, as I disagree with the Catholic system. Salvation is a personal thing, but its very glaring that purgatory, ur mode of prayers, and ur honour of Mary has no biblical basis.

Sorry I threatened to sl@p you...im just a big bad bully.. lol
Re: What My Boss Told Me About My Religious Belief. by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jun 16, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

@bold: cool cool cool grin

That's cool. Make sure you get a good one o..

Yeah I will
Re: What My Boss Told Me About My Religious Belief. by rejosom(m): 8:46am On Jun 17, 2016
Omoluabi16:
Why the multiplicity? because each denomination have their own understanding/interpretation of the bible and Christian standards. However therr is only one God, and there will be only ine Judgement. Then why do you belong to ur denomination? Because ur parents/friends attend there? because ur pressured not to leave? abi cos its mode of operating is more convenient for u? These are pertinent questions you should ask yourself..but most importantly are they strictly structured as the God's words says? As for me, I go to my church because It is in line with what God expects us to do.Others may disagree with my views, as I disagree with the Catholic system. Salvation is a personal thing, but its very glaring that purgatory, ur mode of prayers, and ur honour of Mary has no biblical basis.

Sorry I threatened to sl@p you...im just a big bad bully.. lol

Exactly what I am thinking.

People understand these religious books based on their own interpretations and misinterpretations as the case may be. Obviously, these interpretations more often than not are biased by a number of factors including training, traditions , beliefs, cultures, convictions, circumstances and even the words of people we 'trust'.

So, why then do we base our treatment of others on a religious book that is open to misinterpretations?

Now you are reading my mind about why I am a Catholic today. But, I will take it a little further.

Then why am I a Christian? Because my parents/friends are Christians? Because I was born in the Eastern Nigeria? because I'm being pressured not to leave? abi cos it's mode of operating is most convenient for me?

Again, Why do I believe that the bible is the word of God? Because I was told? Because it's contents are more convincing than other religious books? Because I'm being pressured to hold on to it?

These are pertinent questions I am asking myself on this thread... but most importantly how do I know what God's words says without telling someone else to write to me or tell me?

I am glad you are okay with your church, keep it up. But more importantly let's learn to live peacefully amongst people who don't share our belief and convictions.

Finally, I understand your stand on the catholic doctrines, Sometimes too I question some of them but there are still a whole of doctrines practiced by EVERY Christian denomination that are controversial just like purgatory, mode of prayer and honor of Mary. Think about trinity, hell, tithe, women preachers, faith alone and work alone, bible versions and revisions, old testament laws (to be or not to be), Modes of prayer and the list goes on and on. So, you see there are more controversies that we share, and I suppose we try to strengthen the ties rather that widen the gaps.

Thanks.
Re: What My Boss Told Me About My Religious Belief. by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jun 25, 2016
hi rejosom, just uploaded a new lesson. Did your guessing program run btw?
Re: What My Boss Told Me About My Religious Belief. by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jun 25, 2016
just posted a solution
http://pastebin.com/WrTW4Tgh

That should work. Try it out and let me know. cool

Good attempt though. You just need to brush up a bit on functions and variables. I'll be posting a lesson on that soon.
Re: What My Boss Told Me About My Religious Belief. by rejosom(m): 9:27am On Jun 27, 2016
sonOfLucifer:
hi rejosom, just uploaded a new lesson. Did your guessing program run btw?

O yeah boss,

My game ran.... only that I want to love-vendor it a bit. First I want to do a GUI format and then make it more interactive, whereby the player's points will be stored even when he or she quits the game. Again i want the player to choose the range of numbers he por she wants to guess, the higher the range, the bigger the points. Been a bit lazy to improve on that. I also have some other programs I have written so far.

Boss, thanks.
Re: What My Boss Told Me About My Religious Belief. by rejosom(m): 9:36am On Jun 27, 2016
sonOfLucifer:
just posted a solution
http://pastebin.com/WrTW4Tgh

That should work. Try it out and let me know. cool

Good attempt though. You just need to brush up a bit on functions and variables. I'll be posting a lesson on that soon.

Adikwa m loyal o.

Thanks a whole lot. You just made the whole stuff appear simple. Thanks looking forward to your next upload.

How about paying you a visit one of these days? But not as sonoflucifer o unless you trim your horns a bit, I am easily scared. Thanks all the same onyenkuzi.
Re: What My Boss Told Me About My Religious Belief. by Nobody: 9:57am On Jun 27, 2016
rejosom:

Adikwa m loyal o.

Thanks a whole lot. You just made the whole stuff appear simple. Thanks looking forward to your next upload.

How about paying you a visit one of these days? But not as sonoflucifer o unless you trim your horns a bit, I am easily scared. Thanks all the same onyenkuzi.
Hahaha. Thanks. Will see.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Spiritual Materials Shop In Lagos / The Miracle Fish In Nigeria River In Ekiti State / Do You Find The Existence Of God Threatening?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.