Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,656 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

BREAKING: Army Confirms Losing 2 Officers To Militants - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Army Confirms Losing 2 Officers To Militants (1840 Views)

Lagos Police Armourer Sells Arms To Militants, Attempts Suicide / Fayose Mocks Buhari Over Ogoni Visit "You Have Surrendered To Militants' / FG To Militants: We Are Open To Dialogue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Army Confirms Losing 2 Officers To Militants by rolchi(m): 4:49pm On Jun 02, 2016
The Nigerian army has confirmed losing two of its men to Niger Delta militants.

John Unuakahlu, assistant director army public relations, confirmed the incident, saying it happened in Warri South West local government area, a stronghold of the militants, in Delta state.

Unuakahlu said four civilians were also killed, while a soldier sustained injury, and another had been declared missing.

“At about 5:50pm on 1 June 2016, Nigerian Petroleum Development Company (NPDC) houseboat deployed at Ejere junction in Warri south local government area was attacked by suspected armed militants group,” he said in a statement.

“The suspected militants approached the Houseboat in Five (5) speed boats mounted with 250 horse power engines and disguised as normal commuters.

“During the deliberate attack 2 soldiers were killed, one wounded, one soldier missing while 4 civilian staff attached to the house boat were shot dead. The attack occurred when other members of the troops were on pipeline patrol.”

More to follow…

Source: https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-army-confirms-losing-2-officers-militants
Re: BREAKING: Army Confirms Losing 2 Officers To Militants by Ebbunwa(m): 4:53pm On Jun 02, 2016
'The attack occurred when other
members of the troops were on pipeline patrol.'

pipeline patrol indeed.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Army Confirms Losing 2 Officers To Militants by todayboy: 4:55pm On Jun 02, 2016
The stubborn president is just using this soldiers for sacrifices
The Niger delta avengers are ghost

6 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Army Confirms Losing 2 Officers To Militants by Mack3N: 4:58pm On Jun 02, 2016
Ok,and counting...
Re: BREAKING: Army Confirms Losing 2 Officers To Militants by Endison: 5:00pm On Jun 02, 2016
A yoruba proverb says, The small pot Dat the stove ignores, might end up quenching the fire from the stove.

A Ijaw proverb says, its the small urine Dat is ignored Dat stains the boxers.

An igbo proverb says, He who chases a chicken will end falling to the ground, cos the chicken itself is known for dribbling and maneuvers.

Then the white man said, Softly, softly, catchy monkey!

I don't know dose advising Buhari, but I know they will end up leading him to doom. His idiotic statements and body language so far are the reasons why these conflagrations are degenerating.
U call a man minority today and you expect to feed from tomorrow. Buhari should think and retrace his steps. Ignore this silly militants at ur own peril, cos they are like wasps that perched on the Scrotum.

Ya'adua was loved by all cos he chose to be civil and wise.
The level of hatred among tribes has increased tremendously cos Buhari has chosen to cause division than unity.
Anyone that know anyone that knows Buhari should talk sense into his head. I don talk finish!!!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Army Confirms Losing 2 Officers To Militants by AnotherSeun(m): 5:01pm On Jun 02, 2016
this is just about it...
i just hope this same terrorist wont come out and start crying foul play and massacre,, when the NA begins full operation..
trust me those eediots will start crying soon...

you can only quote me if yu know how the army works..

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Army Confirms Losing 2 Officers To Militants by olatunjithomas(m): 5:12pm On Jun 02, 2016
I'm thinking out loud.
Re: BREAKING: Army Confirms Losing 2 Officers To Militants by pikin1(m): 5:14pm On Jun 02, 2016
.... And how many innocent civilians army don kill?
Re: BREAKING: Army Confirms Losing 2 Officers To Militants by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jun 02, 2016
GOD, NIGERIA: IT IS WELL
Re: BREAKING: Army Confirms Losing 2 Officers To Militants by idupaul: 5:15pm On Jun 02, 2016
AnotherSeun:
this is just about it...
i just hope this same terrorist wont come out and start crying foul play and massacre,, when the NA begins full operation..

By full operation do you mean mowing down of unarmed villagers in retaliation. .we need peace in this country too much blood

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Army Confirms Losing 2 Officers To Militants by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jun 02, 2016
AnotherSeun:
[s]this is just about it...

you can only quote me if yu know how the army works..[/s]

Shattap there...what's wrong with dialogue and fulfilling their conditions? Must every thing be by fire and force? For several months they made it known and very clear, even warned that these attacks would be happening if their conditions are not met. This government should stop unnecessary insecurity and tension in this country....FULFILL THEIR CONDITIONS FOR THE SAKE OF PEACE.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Army Confirms Losing 2 Officers To Militants by IVORY2009(m): 5:23pm On Jun 02, 2016
AnotherSeun:
this is just about it...

Cry for wat? Those militant are more experience like the army, only there own kind of fight differs, "Gorilla war" hit and run.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Army Confirms Losing 2 Officers To Militants by emiwanlee(m): 5:33pm On Jun 02, 2016
They want to cease this opportunity to kill innocent people like obasanjo did, but this time these guys will fight to the death because they are the ones feeding every body in the north

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Army Confirms Losing 2 Officers To Militants by Adminisher: 5:38pm On Jun 02, 2016
The NDA will double Nigerias defence budget next year and increase defence expenditure this year. They will boost the careers of Nigerian Army and Airforce officers and we may see massive recruitment into NSCDC. This is what we have been clamouring for.
Re: BREAKING: Army Confirms Losing 2 Officers To Militants by MarshRiley(m): 5:38pm On Jun 02, 2016
All this bloodshed would have been avoided only if our president looked into this people's case in a civil manner...we wouldn't have lost billions of naira....but we'll dem say fulani men no dey hear word
Re: BREAKING: Army Confirms Losing 2 Officers To Militants by AnotherSeun(m): 5:56pm On Jun 02, 2016
Uduak2019:

Shattap there...what's wrong with dialogue and fulfilling their conditions? Must every thing be by fire and force? For several months they made it known and very clear, even warned that these attacks would be happening if their conditions are not met. This government should stop unnecessary insecurity and tension in this country....FULFILL THEIR CONDITIONS FOR THE SAKE OF PEACE.
you are the kinda eediot guys like me log on Nairaland to keep ur dormant brain active..
make ur point without throwing insults...
if yur willing to die with the militants plz join them.. my token for you.
Re: BREAKING: Army Confirms Losing 2 Officers To Militants by slimfit1(m): 6:00pm On Jun 02, 2016
Jonathan armed them before leaving so what are we talking about
Re: BREAKING: Army Confirms Losing 2 Officers To Militants by YTkester: 6:05pm On Jun 02, 2016
[s]
Adminisher:
The NDA will double Nigerias defence budget next year and increase defence expenditure this year. They will boost the careers of Nigerian Army and Airforce officers and we may see massive recruitment into NSCDC. This is what we have been clamouring for.
[/s]

Trash! And you will fund that defence budget with your tissue paper.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Army Confirms Losing 2 Officers To Militants by IgboDelta: 6:19pm On Jun 02, 2016
Nawa ooo
Re: BREAKING: Army Confirms Losing 2 Officers To Militants by hesiod: 6:27pm On Jun 02, 2016
rip
Re: BREAKING: Army Confirms Losing 2 Officers To Militants by ChukwuIbrahim: 6:28pm On Jun 02, 2016
todayboy:
The stubborn president is just using this soldiers for sacrifices
The Niger delta avengers are ghost
collect 2 pint of sense, purrit on my tab cool
Re: BREAKING: Army Confirms Losing 2 Officers To Militants by ChukwuIbrahim: 6:31pm On Jun 02, 2016
Uduak2019:

and wat is dia demand?
biafra?
sorry, never ever gonna happen!
Re: BREAKING: Army Confirms Losing 2 Officers To Militants by gift01: 6:58pm On Jun 02, 2016
Whenever Nigeria Army says 2...am thinking like 20 soldiers were involved but then Let's embrace peace from both ends. No to violence

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Army Confirms Losing 2 Officers To Militants by voiceofdelta50(m): 7:23pm On Jun 02, 2016
gift01:
Whenever Nigeria Army says 2...am thinking like 20 soldiers were involved but then Let's embrace peace from both ends. No to violence
Re: BREAKING: Army Confirms Losing 2 Officers To Militants by phlemzy: 7:58pm On Jun 02, 2016
Could it be that Nigerian Navy doesn't handle weapons? How come they've not got any notable role despite the fact that some of these crisis regions involve water ways.
Re: BREAKING: Army Confirms Losing 2 Officers To Militants by gulfer: 8:25pm On Jun 02, 2016
Endison:
A yoruba proverb says, The small pot Dat the stove ignores, might end up quenching the fire from the stove.

A Ijaw proverb says, its the small urine Dat is ignored Dat stains the boxers.

An igbo proverb says, He who chases a chicken will end falling to the ground, cos the chicken itself is known for dribbling and maneuvers.

Then the white man said, Softly, softly, catchy monkey!

I don't know dose advising Buhari, but I know they will end up leading him to doom. His idiotic statements and body language so far are the reasons why these conflagrations are degenerating.
U call a man minority today and you expect to feed from tomorrow. Buhari should think and retrace his steps. Ignore this silly militants at ur own peril, cos they are like wasps that perched on the Scrotum.

Ya'adua was loved by all cos he chose to be civil and wise.
The level of hatred among tribes has increased tremendously cos Buhari has chosen to cause division than unity.
Anyone that know anyone that knows Buhari should talk sense into his head. I don talk finish!!!
Pete Edochie says' the man who swallows coconut, has absolute faith in his anus. grin angry grin
Re: BREAKING: Army Confirms Losing 2 Officers To Militants by DonBobes(m): 8:48pm On Jun 02, 2016
gift01:

They are two just like the army says. The annoying part of the whole thing is that those soldiers were actually sleeping on duty. They were with their girlfriends (two to be precise) and these militants could not even spare the ladies. They killed the ladies. They shot the soldiers on the head(because they were sleeping), killed the civilians and sped off.

The militants are attacking soft military targets. They cant attack heavy guarded military installations because they will meet there waterloo!
Riffraffs!!!

(1) (Reply)

Did BBC Africa Shade President Buhari? (SEE THIS) / cities / He Untold Story Of The Systematic Genocide Of Muslim In Southern Kaduna Part 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.