Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,194 members, 7,829,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Were Jonathan To Be A Northerner - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Were Jonathan To Be A Northerner (641 Views)

Must The Next President Be A Northerner? / People With Placards Beg Jonathan To Come Back In Police Presence In Sokoto / "Zahra Buhari , Don't Marry A Northerner" - Man To President's Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Were Jonathan To Be A Northerner by rlauncher(m): 11:18am On Jun 03, 2016
[right][/right]
WERE JONATHAN TO BE A NORTHERNER

Whenever I observe how the people of the SE AND SS of
Nigeria vehemently defend GEJ despite all the financial criminality committed by his administration ,I wonder how this country will ever move forward if the people of other regions also resort to doing the same.

I think it is high time we start being honest with ourselves by criticizing our leaders based on their performance and not on tribes .

No bashing please.
Re: Were Jonathan To Be A Northerner by overall90: 11:45am On Jun 03, 2016
Were Jonathan to be a Northerner,all these noise about corruption won't be there.

you might want to ask what about Abacha,Abacha case was because he is not around and also remember that he imprisoned Obj and Obj needed to get his pound of flesh.Even your current president said the man never stole.

Nigeria from Independence till date is about 56yrs out of which GEJ was president for 6yrs.within those period we have had about 4 oil booms,what did they do with the money.even when people talk about diversification of the economy,i do ask people where is the one the presidents before gej diversify.
Re: Were Jonathan To Be A Northerner by rlauncher(m): 2:05pm On Jun 03, 2016
overall90:
Were Jonathan to be a Northerner,all these noise about corruption won't be there.
you might want to ask what about Abacha,Abacha case was because he is not around and also remember that he imprisoned Obj and Obj needed to get his pound of flesh.Even your current president said the man never stole.
Nigeria from Independence till date is about 56yrs out of which GEJ was president for 6yrs.within those period we have had about 4 oil booms,what did they do with the money.even when people talk about diversification of the economy,i do ask people where is the one the presidents before gej diversify.
overall90:

The North have been paying very dearly for not criticizing or questioning their leaders. The less you engage your leaders by holding them accountable for their actions while in office , the less development you will get. You can measure development in region by how quick its people are willing to engage their leaders on the issue of accountability and transparency.
Re: Were Jonathan To Be A Northerner by achinaboy(m): 7:02pm On Jun 03, 2016
are u really from nigeria? did u grow up, in nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Were Jonathan To Be A Northerner by jamesibor: 7:09pm On Jun 03, 2016
rlauncher:
[right][/right]
WERE JONATHAN TO BE A NORTHERNER

Whenever I observe how the people of the SE AND SS of
Nigeria vehemently defend GEJ despite all the financial criminality committed by his administration ,I wonder how this country will ever move forward if the people of other regions also resort to doing the same.

I think it is high time we start being honest with ourselves by criticizing our leaders based on their performance and not on tribes .

No bashing please.

Op, Jonathan is in Otuoke. If you want to arrest him, go there and take him.

1 Like

Re: Were Jonathan To Be A Northerner by Osakah24(m): 8:03pm On Jun 03, 2016
I remember vividly well that Obasanjo couldnt raise money for his first campaign, He was broke, but left office in 2007 owing a little big city in Ogun state. GEJ is just a victim of bad media,if Hitler had won UK the story won't be the same. Only Victor's write the history how it suits them.

(1) (Reply)

FG Releases Interim Report On Financial, Assets Recoveries / Nigerians Tell Buhari: Name, Shame Looters, Mere Figures Not Enough / Who Is The Best President So Far?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.