Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,935 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Urgent! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Urgent! (767 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent! by wozniacki(f): 4:46pm On Jun 03, 2016
Good day all. Please, I need to get a new phone and I'm thinking HTC one... what do u guys think? I really don't know much about phones. It was actually a recommendation. Thank you.

Stop viewing this post... pls comment. Thanks again
Re: Urgent! by giftedben: 7:25pm On Jun 03, 2016
wozniacki:
Good day all. Please, I need to get a new phone and I'm thinking HTC one... what do u guys think? I really don't know much about phones. It was actually a recommendation. Thank you.

its a nice phone but HTC batteries are not strong

1 Like

Re: Urgent! by wozniacki(f): 7:42pm On Jun 03, 2016
giftedben:

its a nice phone but HTC batteries are not strong

Thanks... but what better phone would u recommend?
Re: Urgent! by kowalsky: 9:44pm On Jun 03, 2016
wozniacki:

nice phone.
but why dont you consider one of the Chinese android fones. will give almost same functionality at a way lower price
Re: Urgent! by wozniacki(f): 7:49am On Jun 04, 2016
kowalsky:

nice phone.
but why dont you consider one of the Chinese android fones. will give almost same functionality at a way lower price

Which one of them, pls?
Re: Urgent! by invisibility: 7:55am On Jun 04, 2016
wozniacki:

Which one of them, pls?

Infinix hot note pro, Tecno L8, Gionee M3 mini, Gionee M5 or M5 mini. All have similar or better specs that HTC one max plus they each got big long lasting batteries.
Re: Urgent! by wozniacki(f): 8:27am On Jun 04, 2016
invisibility:

Infinix hot note pro, Tecno L8, Gionee M3 mini, Gionee M5 or M5 mini. All have similar or better specs that HTC one max plus they each got big long lasting batteries.

Thanks alot... but what about the Techno W4? I've seen a lot of hyping about the phone.
Re: Urgent! by Xbox222: 11:30am On Jun 04, 2016
You can go for sony xperia z2 if your budget is bouyant enough
Re: Urgent! by Nobody: 11:33am On Jun 04, 2016
wozniacki:

Thanks alot... but what about the Techno W4? I've seen a lot of hyping about the phone.
hm
Re: Urgent! by Nobody: 11:33am On Jun 04, 2016
invisibility:

You mean all those phones that have terrible display that cannot even match HTC one m7 of 2013? A used HTC one m7 is still better than a brand new Infinix hot note pro, Gionnee m3/m5, Tecno L8, etc. Shey na only battery I want chop for phone?
Re: Urgent! by invisibility: 11:45am On Jun 04, 2016
wozniacki:

Good too but doesn't have a robust battery. Android drains battery a lot so you better opt for a phone with bigger battery.
Re: Urgent! by invisibility: 11:52am On Jun 04, 2016
greenhulk:

You mean all those phones that have terrible display that cannot even match HTC one m7 of 2013? A used HTC one m7 is still better than a brand new Infinix hot note pro, Gionnee m3/m5, Tecno L8, etc. Shey na only battery I want chop for phone?

Bros I'm not going to argue with you. I can tell you're among those fellows that believe once its a China phone its useless.

Have you even used any of the above phones to decide about their display.

All phones have what makes them better than each other.

For one person it may be battery life and price and to another display.

Each to his own.
Re: Urgent! by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jun 04, 2016
invisibility:

Bros I'm not going to argue with you. I can tell you're among those fellows that believe once its a China phone its useless.

Have you even used any of the above phones to decide about their display.

All phones have what makes them better than each other.

For one person it may be battery life and price and to another display.

Each to his own.

In case u may know, I'm currently using teclast x16 power Chinese tablet with full HD screen, 8gb of ram, windows/android dual boot, 64gb internal memory, pen support and running Intel cherry trail Z8700. I could have bought a Samsung tab instead at a cheaper price but my Chinese tab is way better and more expensive. So it is not all about the price or where it came from. I'd choose a xiaomi Redmi 3 over a Samsung Galaxy j7, I'll choose a letv 1s over some non Chinese flagship phones.

And back to ur question, I don't need to use any infinix note or tecno l8 or Gionee m5 to know their display is inferior to that of htc one m7 (a 2013 phone). M7 has a full HD screen while the phones u mentioned have a mere 720p display on top of 5.5 inch screen. I was in computer village 3 days ago to fix a phone and right there 3 different people brought infinix phones (don't know the model but they are all 5.5 inch) with dead screens. In fact infinix screens are the best selling parts in computer village right now, that is how wack those screens can be. But then u are right, some people just need phones for the battery. As for me I will sacrifice the battery for a better display, better processor and better build quality.
Re: Urgent! by wozniacki(f): 1:01pm On Jun 04, 2016
greenhulk:

In case u may know, I'm currently using teclast x16 power Chinese tablet with full HD screen, 8gb of ram, windows/android dual boot, 64gb internal memory, pen support and running Intel cherry trail Z8700. I could have bought a Samsung tab instead at a cheaper price but my Chinese tab is way better and more expensive. So it is not all about the price or where it came from. I'd choose a xiaomi Redmi 3 over a Samsung Galaxy j7, I'll choose a letv 1s over some non Chinese flagship phones.

And back to ur question, I don't need to use any infinix note or tecno l8 or Gionee m5 to know their display is inferior to that of htc one m7 (a 2013 phone). M7 has a full HD screen while the phones u mentioned had a mere 720p display on top of 5.5 inch screen. I was in computer village 3 days ago to fix a phone and right there 3 different people brought infinix phones (don't know the model but they are all 5.5 inch) with dead screens. In fact infinix screens are the best selling parts in computer village right now, that is how wack those screens can be. But then u are right, some people just need phones for the battery. As for me I will sacrifice the battery for a better display, better processor and better build quality.

In summary, seems I can go for my HTC... although it's London Used. I'm not too particular about the ba3, so far it can last more than a blackberry ba3. Thanks guys. I appreciate.
Re: Urgent! by Dam5reey(m): 4:55pm On Jun 04, 2016
I have been eyeing the one m7 since... The phone design makes me trip anytime i see it...

Go for it
Re: Urgent! by kowalsky: 10:24pm On Jun 04, 2016
wozniacki:

In summary, seems I can go for my HTC... although it's London Used. I'm not too particular about the ba3, so far it can last more than a blackberry ba3. Thanks guys. I appreciate.

hold that toht.
you can always consider brands like Xiaomi and oneplus.
i for one wouldnt make the mistake of buying a premium smartphone again. i use a galaxy s6 and save the camera. everything else can be gotten elsewhere.

did i mention the battery is utter nonsense. for a phone that cost me 146k I'd luv to expect more. sadly these companies are basically selling their brand names.

the key here is research. hiding in plain sight is the phone you desire at a way way cheaper price than us expect.

again lookup on the latest Xiaomi and oneplus phones. dese brands i know always churn out value for money smartphones. they're others like tecno but i personally don't like anything tecno.

(1) (Reply)

Snapchat Allegedly Exposing Kids To Sexual Contents / Infinix Hot 2 For Sales) / Please Help, My Techno S9 Tab

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.