Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,020 members, 7,825,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

When Justice Is Ignored, Violence Is Imminent - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Justice Is Ignored, Violence Is Imminent (684 Views)

Ortom: President Buhari Ignored My Invitation To Benue Over Herdsmen Killings / Obasanjo: Buhari Ignored Federal Character In Security Chiefs’ Appointments / Lai Mohammed: "Girls Focused On Olamide Badoo And Ignored Me" (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Justice Is Ignored, Violence Is Imminent by BobNeli(m): 5:43pm On Jun 03, 2016
It is a natural human tendency for people who are not directly affected by any form of inhumanization to sit back and judge those directly affected simply because, they do not feel the pains. I am not a Niger Deltan but having gone through certain investigation, I became loath to condemn their justifiable fight going on. (1) the government knew all these while that the resources gotten from their land has been the major means of sustainance for this country yet, indulged in such level of negligence of duty against them. It quite looks like the case of one who having slaked his taste, turns his back at well that fed him. How could the clean-up of Ogoni land just commence now, after dunky's years of plea by the inhabitants of the oil-rich enclave which has been the treasury base of the Nation? Whilst the government turned blind eye to the plights and sufferings of the people who owned what the Nation depends on. They concentrated their attention on Lagos and Abuja, which looks more parasitic a behaviour, and everybody expects the intimidated and cheated to make no muse about it. (2) even the peanuts given them in the guise of amnesty which was vissibly seen to quench their prior agitations had to be tampered with by the present administration while bills are being discused at the NAS to grant same amnesty to Bokoharam. A group that has for no justifiable reason, wasted many innocent lives and propertites. And as well, bills being passed to allocated huge amounts of the treasury to grazing of cows, which is by all implications, a business of the brothers of the new Sherif in town. (3) It was in clear terms stated after the election that brought Goodluck Jonathan to power in 2011, and I quote "we will make the Nation ungovernable for him." A statement that was dully implemeted with the sponsorship of Bokoharam, and premised propaganders during the campaigns that there is insecurity in the country wich the former president was unnable to curtail. A propagander that in all indications, ousted president Goodluck Jonathan out of office. And as a result However, even when him, the former president decleared a state of emmergency in the areas affected, he was called Brutal and all sorts of names. When he soft-pedalled, he was called weak and incompetent. And now that the new Sherif who trives on the back of propaganders has taken over the mantle, why should anyone blame the brothers of the former president for following the footprints of their perceived enemies? (4) the confab report wich was seen as the basis for equal rights for the federating units of the Nation was sidelined because it is seen as not being favourable to North by their kings-man who happens to be the president. In conclucsion, I conceive that what is going on in the Niger-Delta is a premise to the implementation of true fedralism which is the only means to peace in our hetrogineous association. You can only intimidate a people for a while, not forever.
Re: When Justice Is Ignored, Violence Is Imminent by Fmartin(m): 6:04pm On Jun 03, 2016
op edit this ur write up before i read it. Too congested
Re: When Justice Is Ignored, Violence Is Imminent by anwe: 6:14pm On Jun 03, 2016
Please ask the emir of Kano who said BoKo haram was caused by inequality in wealth distribution. Every northerner encourage and support injustice against Niger Delta
Re: When Justice Is Ignored, Violence Is Imminent by scorpio2013: 6:34pm On Jun 03, 2016
For saying the truth, you will live long.
BobNeli:
It is a natural human tendency for people who are not directly affected by any form of inhumanization to sit back and judge those directly affected simply because, they do not feel the pains. I am not a Niger Deltan but having gone through certain investigation, I became loath to condemn their justifiable fight going on. (1) the government knew all these while that the resources gotten from their land has been the major means of sustainance for this country yet, indulged in such level of negligence of duty against them. It quite looks like the case of one who having slaked his taste, turns his back at well that fed him. How could the clean-up of Ogoni land just commence now, after dunky's years of plea by the inhabitants of the oil-rich enclave which has been the treasury base of the Nation? Whilst the government turned blind eye to the plights and sufferings of the people who owned what the Nation depends on. They concentrated their attention on Lagos and Abuja, which looks more parasitic a behaviour, and everybody expects the intimidated and cheated to make no muse about it. (2) even the peanuts given them in the guise of amnesty which was vissibly seen to quench their prior agitations had to be tampered with by the present administration while bills are being discused at the NAS to grant same amnesty to Bokoharam. A group that has for no justifiable reason, wasted many innocent lives and propertites. And as well, bills being passed to allocated huge amounts of the treasury to grazing of cows, which is by all implications, a business of the brothers of the new Sherif in town. (3) It was in clear terms stated after the election that brought Goodluck Jonathan to power in 2011, and I quote "we will make the Nation ungovernable for him." A statement that was dully implemeted with the sponsorship of Bokoharam, and premised propaganders during the campaigns that there is insecurity in the country wich the former president was unnable to curtail. A propagander that in all indications, ousted president Goodluck Jonathan out of office. And as a result However, even when him, the former president decleared a state of emmergency in the areas affected, he was called Brutal and all sorts of names. When he soft-pedalled, he was called weak and incompetent. And now that the new Sherif who trives on the back of propaganders has taken over the mantle, why should anyone blame the brothers of the former president for following the footprints of their perceived enemies? (4) the confab report wich was seen as the basis for equal rights for the federating units of the Nation was sidelined because it is seen as not being favourable to North by their kings-man who happens to be the president. In conclucsion, I conceive that what is going on in the Niger-Delta is a premise to the implementation of true fedralism which is the only means to peace in our hetrogineous association. You can only intimidate a people for a while, not forever.
Re: When Justice Is Ignored, Violence Is Imminent by theEYe21(f): 7:02pm On Jun 03, 2016
Op said it all smiley
Re: When Justice Is Ignored, Violence Is Imminent by sanandreas(m): 7:13pm On Jun 03, 2016
When a father fails to parent well, he bears the brunt at old age. Apart from oil Niger-delta is so rich. Our rivers were for fishing but now polluted. Sapele in the 80's was like Lagos. The seaport was functioning but where are we today? Delta was known for rubber plantation and palm oil produce. The government failed in all angles.
Re: When Justice Is Ignored, Violence Is Imminent by BobNeli(m): 10:46pm On Jun 03, 2016
Some how the economic melt down in the country now as a result of the Niger- Delta Avengers activities might not be encouragable, as the whole Nation is feeling it evenly. But I dare those who will want to stand to condemn it, to also try and dispatch justice with reason. Because, we are all now complaining due to the minute economic hardship their actions have brought the Nation. But before now, everybody had looked the other way and remained blind eye to the ecological plights parvading their lands, as the rest of the Nation trived and survived at their expense. How can you condemn the actions of a man who afore-now has been intimidated and exploited, and however, has discovered a way-out for himself? Whether it involves complete economic melt-down or war, the truth be told that one had better die on his feet than live on his knees. Nobody accepts slavery in our modern world. And even the people making it look like the Niger deltans are towing a wrong part, still know withing themselves that they wouldnt have endured it this far. It has to be total no to MASTER-SLAVE relationship. Equal rights or no Nigeria. I support their fight with every ounce of me. The Almighty God is your strenght. These guys have shown ultimate wisdom and class, direction and decisiveness in their fight by not targeting the wrong persons. They are not involved in kidnapping. Neither are they even intrested even in confronting the security outfit set against them. But they are focused and resolved to accomplish their justifable fight by terminating all condiuts by wich the government who has negleted them, are using to exploit them. It is a righteous fight. Like it or hate it. God will liberate them from this inhumanisation and exploitation. I would urge the federal government not to indulge in this destructive decission of fighting them with the millitary for it will only cause more harm than resolve anything. WHEN A MAN FIGHTS A RIGHTEOUS FIGHT, THE WHOLE FORCES OF THE UNIVERSE GATHER THEMSELVES TO SUPPORT HIM AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYBODY CAN DO ABOUT IT.

(1) (Reply)

The New Avengers / Buhari Is Not Ill, He Is In London To Negotiate With The Avengers / Nasarawa state zip codes and postal codes in Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.