Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,373 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Edo Governorship Election: 12 Candidates Pick APC Forms - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Governorship Election: 12 Candidates Pick APC Forms (15392 Views)

Soludo, Ubah, Ekwunife To Pick APC Ticket To Unseat Obiano In Gov Poll / INEC Announces Results Of Edo Governorship Election: Live Updates / Ondo Governorship: Borrofice Favoured To Pick APC's Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Governorship Election: 12 Candidates Pick APC Forms by Islie: 8:26pm On Jun 03, 2016
Not less than 12 Edo state governorship governorship aspirants have picked the All Progressives Congress (APC) forms.

The aspirants, who want to contest in Edo state governorship election coming up on the 10th of September this year, include the incumbent deputy governor of Edo state, Dr. Pius Odubu, Mr Godwin Obaseki, Barr. Kenneth Imansuangbon, major general Charles Airhiavbere (rtd).

Others are the former President of the Trade Union Congress (TUC), Comrade Peter Esele, Chris Osa Ogiemwonyi, Blessing Agbomehere, Arch. Austine Ilenre Emuan, Mrs. Tina Agbarha.

A former governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Edo state, Prof. Oserheimen Osunbor, Friday submitted the All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship nomination and expression of interest forms.

Prof. Osunbor, who lost the governorship seat to Governor Adams Oshiomhole in court after spending close two years in office, said he was not threatened by the alleged endorsement of a candidate by the governor.

The Professor of Law had earlier said that he left the PDP in 2012 because the party manipulated its governorship primary election when he addressed journalists after obtaining the forms at the APC national secretariat. He also expressed his wish for Edo Central to produce the next governor of Edo state if the APC constitution recognizes zoning.

Meanwhile, Hon. Emmanuel Arigbe-Osula has joined the Edo state governorship race as he obtained the Expression of Interest and Nomination Forms Friday in Abuja.

The former deputy minority leader in the House of Representatives, who spoke after picking the forms, promised to create 50,000 jobs through the private sector within the first year in office.

Arigbe-Osula, who said he has the character and integrity to govern Edo state, stated that the party delegates and other stakeholders would benefit from his new economic model.

In his remarks, the APC Director of Administration, Abdullahi Gashu'a, who presented the forms to the aspirant, said the party was committed to conducting free, fair and transparent governorship primary election on June 18, 2016.

“Edo is dear to us. You are one of many aspirants. Every aspirant is an equal aspirant,” Gashu'a also said.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/eco-guber-poll-12-candidates-pick-apc-forms/149627.html

1 Like

Re: Edo Governorship Election: 12 Candidates Pick APC Forms by thelinguist: 8:46pm On Jun 03, 2016
K
Re: Edo Governorship Election: 12 Candidates Pick APC Forms by Flexherbal(m): 10:06pm On Jun 03, 2016
The people will decide at last.

1 Like

Re: Edo Governorship Election: 12 Candidates Pick APC Forms by OLUJOSHINS(m): 10:07pm On Jun 03, 2016
grin

12 power thirsty elephants

trying to bath in a single pool

at the same time

SMH

oya let the games begin.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Governorship Election: 12 Candidates Pick APC Forms by ameezy(m): 10:08pm On Jun 03, 2016
;Booked grin

1 Like

Re: Edo Governorship Election: 12 Candidates Pick APC Forms by ireneony(f): 10:08pm On Jun 03, 2016
Bye bye to APC...

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Governorship Election: 12 Candidates Pick APC Forms by greatiyk4u(m): 10:08pm On Jun 03, 2016
I pray they APC selects a marketable candidate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo Governorship Election: 12 Candidates Pick APC Forms by darkenrahl2(m): 10:09pm On Jun 03, 2016
this is serious
Re: Edo Governorship Election: 12 Candidates Pick APC Forms by wise7(m): 10:09pm On Jun 03, 2016
This one never win primary election e don dey promise thousands of jobs.... It's ok

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Governorship Election: 12 Candidates Pick APC Forms by kixo(m): 10:11pm On Jun 03, 2016
Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu will win Edo Governorship Elections!

10 Likes

Re: Edo Governorship Election: 12 Candidates Pick APC Forms by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jun 03, 2016
undecided
Re: Edo Governorship Election: 12 Candidates Pick APC Forms by Bethelwealthy(m): 10:14pm On Jun 03, 2016
..........if they like let them pick one million forms, PDP all the way.... tongue.........

8 Likes

Re: Edo Governorship Election: 12 Candidates Pick APC Forms by jelel6: 10:14pm On Jun 03, 2016
though people would choose to disagree. edo south and edo central is where pdp can really share votes with apc. but edo north where oshiomole and I come from. PDP would struggle to give reasons why people should not vote for apc. (forget osho baba touched all local govt there i swear.)
would be tight, but apc would still win.

6 Likes

Re: Edo Governorship Election: 12 Candidates Pick APC Forms by Umartins1(m): 10:21pm On Jun 03, 2016
jelel6:
though people would choose to disagree. edo south and edo central is where pdp can really share votes with apc. but edo north where oshiomole and I come from. PDP would struggle to give reasons why people should not vote for apc. (forget osho baba touched all local govt there i swear.)

Ok. Is that all?

2 Likes

Re: Edo Governorship Election: 12 Candidates Pick APC Forms by kenzysmith: 10:22pm On Jun 03, 2016
Ther person were oshoimole done already anoint go dey dry babyokwu dey read this dey laugh at their stupidity
Re: Edo Governorship Election: 12 Candidates Pick APC Forms by Jirate(m): 10:26pm On Jun 03, 2016
kixo:

Here We Go Again, Mock Poll 101
Like For Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu (PDP) Share For Godwin Obaseki (APC)
Your Time Starts Now.

28 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Edo Governorship Election: 12 Candidates Pick APC Forms by jelel6: 10:27pm On Jun 03, 2016
Umartins1:

Ok. Is that all?
yes boss.
Re: Edo Governorship Election: 12 Candidates Pick APC Forms by sheftyxz(m): 10:28pm On Jun 03, 2016
greatiyk4u:
I pray they APC selects a marketable candidoate

amin
Re: Edo Governorship Election: 12 Candidates Pick APC Forms by kenzysmith: 10:28pm On Jun 03, 2016
Ther person were oshoimole done already anoint go dey dry babyokwu dey read this news dey laugh at their stupidity
Re: Edo Governorship Election: 12 Candidates Pick APC Forms by SmileXtraone: 10:29pm On Jun 03, 2016
Clash of the titans. I wonder who the next Governor of Edo state would be

If you reside in Benin City, this is the best time to get on the SMILE 4G LTE Network. Come on board Now while this promo lasts

1. Atel Kit with 20GB @ N9,800 (5GB anytime + 15GB MidNite over 3 months) : 15GB MidNite = Get 5GB bonus monthly when you recharge 5GB anytime bundle monthly.

2. Smifi kit with 70GB @ N16,800 (10GB anytime + 60GB MidNite over 3 months) : 60GB MidNite = Get 20GB bonus monthly when you recharge 5GB anytime bundle monthly.

3. Router offer with 160GB @ N25,800 (10GB anytime + 150GB MidNite over 3 months) : 150GB MidNite = Get 50GB bonus monthly when you recharge 10GB anytime bundle monthly.

Re: Edo Governorship Election: 12 Candidates Pick APC Forms by ritababe(f): 10:33pm On Jun 03, 2016
kixo:

in ur dream I guess

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Governorship Election: 12 Candidates Pick APC Forms by Adieza(m): 10:39pm On Jun 03, 2016
war at hand
Re: Edo Governorship Election: 12 Candidates Pick APC Forms by tbaba1234: 10:43pm On Jun 03, 2016
APC will still win Edo but it will be close in some Areas. Edo north is completely APC. They will split the vote in other areas.

I like Peter Esele

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Governorship Election: 12 Candidates Pick APC Forms by KINGDOS: 10:52pm On Jun 03, 2016
Meanwhile, Arsenal have picked Vardy nomination form. Click here for details
http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/36450106

I will vote for them instead.
Re: Edo Governorship Election: 12 Candidates Pick APC Forms by Paperwhite(m): 10:53pm On Jun 03, 2016
OLUJOSHINpost=46250396:
grin

12 power thirsty elephants

trying to bath in a single pool

at the same time

SMH

oya let the games begin.
Guy you have good insight & sense of humor also.You made my night. grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Edo Governorship Election: 12 Candidates Pick APC Forms by mekzyjoe(m): 10:53pm On Jun 03, 2016
grin
Re: Edo Governorship Election: 12 Candidates Pick APC Forms by livingoracle: 10:58pm On Jun 03, 2016
jelel6:

For your mind! PDP all the way, trust me!!

1 Like

Re: Edo Governorship Election: 12 Candidates Pick APC Forms by kixo(m): 11:14pm On Jun 03, 2016
ritababe:

in ur dream I guess
in reality...#thefutureisnow

2 Likes

Re: Edo Governorship Election: 12 Candidates Pick APC Forms by macino1(m): 11:15pm On Jun 03, 2016
judgment day: The only time you get to meet with the politicians, the only time they only listen to you and the only time they promise to sacrifice heaven and earth for the people.
Re: Edo Governorship Election: 12 Candidates Pick APC Forms by macino1(m): 11:16pm On Jun 03, 2016
kixo:
says prophet kixo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Restructuring: Implement Confab Report Now - Jonathan Advises Buhari / 'Designate Killer Herdsmen As Terrorists': Charly Boy, Others Protest In Abuja / Anthony Sani: Stop Using IPOB Threaten North Over 2023 Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.