Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,580 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Lawyer Slams N50m Suit Against Benin DISCO Over Power Failure - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lawyer Slams N50m Suit Against Benin DISCO Over Power Failure (462 Views)

House Of Reps Laud Jos Disco Over Metering Programme / Why I Withdrew My Suit Against EFCC — Innoson CEO Innocent Chukwuma / Court Sets Date For Aderinokun’s Daughter’s Suit Against Gtbank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lawyer Slams N50m Suit Against Benin DISCO Over Power Failure by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jun 03, 2016
AN Udu based lawyer and rights activist, Oghenejabor Ikimi has slammed a N50million suit against the Benin Electricity Distribution Company, BEDC over the company's alleged inability to provide electricity power supply to his residence.

Accusing BEDC of deliberately refusing to provide electricity for no cogent reason the claimant stated that despite having over 290units of unspent credit in his account, the company has failed to provide him with the needed power supply.

He said: "I had cause to file a public interest law suit against the Benin Electricity Distribution Company Plc., in Suit No OUHC/98/2016 for the refusal of the defendant to provide electricity to the claimant for no cogent reason.

"The sum of N50, 000,000.00 only being damages suffered by the claimant and his immediate family as a result of the wrongful acts of the defendant.

"We sincerely hope that other consumers will file similar suits against BEDC in a bid to ensuring constant electricity in Delta, Edo, Ekiti and Ondo States covered by the said company."
http://odili.net/news/source/2016/jun/1/312.html

(1) (Reply)

Klmm / How To Get A Profitable Business Idea Now. / Nafdac Reg Even For Unprocessed Products?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.