Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,011 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:43 PM

Why Aren't We Getting The Invites??? Is Placard The Answer??? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Aren't We Getting The Invites??? Is Placard The Answer??? (13044 Views)

Girl Holding Placard Begs Otedola, Tony Elumelu, Linda Ikeji To Help Her Father / Woman With Placard Searching For Job For Her Husband In Lagos (Photo) / Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Aren't We Getting The Invites??? Is Placard The Answer??? by apheyz(m): 12:28pm On Jun 11, 2016
[quote author=Wiseandtrue post=46471666][/quote]
Lol!! that's truly wise and true!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't We Getting The Invites??? Is Placard The Answer??? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 11, 2016
12inchDickson:
befor it gets to that level Bro, let's do the needful even universities don't accept first degree.. It's an avenue to boost ur chances.
Ok
Re: Why Aren't We Getting The Invites??? Is Placard The Answer??? by apheyz(m): 12:38pm On Jun 11, 2016
Phoenix11:
i feel like you spoke my mind.
am also a 2.1 engineering graduate who just finished nysc.
ive looked for job tirelessly but to no avail, my colleagues that have gotten even started telling me that no company wants a female engineer nd i better start looking for secretary or customer care jobs......i refuse to give up
I think the mistake you made which ive been making is goin for interviews without being adequately prepared forgetting that most of dis company wont let you apply again until after 2years.
So take your time to adequately prepare for you test especially online test.

Engr. Phoenix, Its only gonna get better!!!!
Re: Why Aren't We Getting The Invites??? Is Placard The Answer??? by natakin(f): 12:44pm On Jun 11, 2016
OP...can you post your phone number please.
Re: Why Aren't We Getting The Invites??? Is Placard The Answer??? by harveyspec: 12:47pm On Jun 11, 2016
Phoenix11:
i feel like you spoke my mind.
am also a 2.1 engineering graduate who just finished nysc.
ive looked for job tirelessly but to no avail, my colleagues that have gotten even started telling me that no company wants a female engineer nd i better start looking for secretary or customer care jobs......i refuse to give up
I think the mistake you made which ive been making is goin for interviews without being adequately prepared forgetting that most of dis company wont let you apply again until after 2years.
So take your time to adequately prepare for you test especially online test.

register on this site & try this

https://m.oilandgasjobsearch.com/Oil-and-Gas-Jobs/Executive-Jobs/Trainee-Marketing-and-Sales-Executive-BEng/Details/1169508
Re: Why Aren't We Getting The Invites??? Is Placard The Answer??? by apheyz(m): 1:35pm On Jun 11, 2016
natakin:

I already pm'd u!! Check ur mail, reply me and i'l forward u my digits sir..
Re: Why Aren't We Getting The Invites??? Is Placard The Answer??? by labamo07(m): 1:47pm On Jun 11, 2016
apheyz:

I am not the brightest in the world , but I am certain I don't fall in this category!!!
lol............
Re: Why Aren't We Getting The Invites??? Is Placard The Answer??? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jun 11, 2016
thanks to the op nd every1 that replied. Ur advice/encouragements is deeply appreciated.
Re: Why Aren't We Getting The Invites??? Is Placard The Answer??? by babs01(m): 3:19pm On Jun 11, 2016
Ademat7:
kind heart u've got, pls I need a recent CV template to upgrade my CV thanks
Okay, pm me
Re: Why Aren't We Getting The Invites??? Is Placard The Answer??? by samuelyinka: 3:33pm On Jun 11, 2016
great write-up bro but I believe when its your time even ur CV won't be needed

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't We Getting The Invites??? Is Placard The Answer??? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 11, 2016
natakin:
I beg check my profile topics. thanks
Re: Why Aren't We Getting The Invites??? Is Placard The Answer??? by Femeto: 3:48pm On Jun 11, 2016
Visit Jobsites.com.ng
Re: Why Aren't We Getting The Invites??? Is Placard The Answer??? by Laid2001: 4:47pm On Jun 11, 2016
You are on the wrong portal!
UI don't do M.eng. You will only receive M.Sc in UI

apheyz:

lol. thank you for heads up bro; twaz really helpful, I am actually on UI's PGD portal at the moment, thinking of hustling myself an M.eng!!!
Re: Why Aren't We Getting The Invites??? Is Placard The Answer??? by Msquare220: 5:16pm On Jun 11, 2016
apheyz:

I appreciate your concern ; please can u further elaborate on the overconfident thingy, i dont seem to understand!!

Thanks in advance for your reply
I thought as much, you kinda cocky but I considered that as a high self esteem.
Re: Why Aren't We Getting The Invites??? Is Placard The Answer??? by apheyz(m): 7:54pm On Jun 11, 2016
Laid2001:
You are on the wrong portal!
UI don't do M.eng. You will only receive M.Sc in UI

Yea true!! Msc..
And I am on the ryt portal... I am to lock up my app soon sir!!
Re: Why Aren't We Getting The Invites??? Is Placard The Answer??? by apheyz(m): 6:01am On Jun 12, 2016
[quote author=beethoven post=46467412][/quote]

Please check ur mail!
I sent u a P.M
Re: Why Aren't We Getting The Invites??? Is Placard The Answer??? by ayobase(m): 9:22am On Jun 19, 2016
apheyz:
Good morning the ‘’good people’’ of nairaland, this thread is actually directed to everybody who is anybody out there; job seekers, potential employers, gainfully employed folks/professionals( regardless of your field) , current serving and potential corp members, entrepreneurs- list is endless, in fact every nairalander; registered or unregistered. I will advise you all to brace up, this is gonna be a very long and bumpy ride.
Like indicated in my moniker, my name is Hafiz, I am 23 years old. Am I brilliant? Well, it takes more than ‘’just’’ a second class upper degree in electrical engineering from a reputable Federal university to be considered so – as I have recently come to find out.

The period of job search can be the most challenging and trying times for a young ‘’man’’ notice the quote on the man? Too much is expected from this strong gender – too bad I am still in that period and worst still, I am man. I have went through countless threads on NL where jobseekers complains bitterly about sending out countless CV’s and not getting invites; my story is not so different from theirs, however, I am going to comprehensively explain my effort so far and by so doing; I hope to get some answers and some HELP!!!

With a 2:1 in electrical engineering, I prepared my CV immediately I got my statement of result before going for NYSC. My hope of securing a job before the end of NYSC was at its pinnacle, I was 100% confident. Fast forward to 7 months into my service year, I registered and subscribed for job alerts on all the job sites I could lay my hands on. I sent my CV to all the mail addresses that required applications that matches my profile (note: I am smarter than to send a generic resume for all the applications, I always tailor each application to match the job descriptions and requirement without forgetting to compliment it with a sweet cover letter as body of the mail); too bad I only got very few responses, even for entry level and GT positions. It was not at all encouraging. Even if I dey toast plenty babes at random, some go still gree for me na.

I noticed that the only two reasonable invites I got were for vacancies which its application were via a recruitment portal ; where you have to enter your details and upload your resumes and relevant documents on the job portal. Those were for access bank and KPMG, I easily aced the aptitude test/essay of KPMG and got a shocking regret mail after the online psychometric test, I almost could not believe it; I mean I wrote the test with adequate knowledge of their mission, vision and core values - maka why?? Access bank was the most painful, I got to the final stage with the head of HR( all thanks to very many tips, lessons and experiences from ’’rationalmind’’ and wonderful preparations of my own) only to get a regret mail 3 days later shocked, I thought I had the Job, God knows best. Anyways I understand better than to give up at this juncture.

On the other hand, I don’t recollect ever getting invites for any of the entry-level applications I had to send through mail. I sent; StanbicIBTC bank, UBA, GTBank, diamond bank, Deloitte, amongst others that I couldn’t quite remember. I am 100% sure that other people sent their applications to the same mails and got invited for test in all of these organizations; I know these because I follow the threads here on nairaland, though some of the applicants admitted that they submitted their CV’s through insiders. Funny thing is I am always very hopeful after I send these email applications, my age and class of degree is always in sync with the requirements, most times I get an automated acknowledgement mail reply – but to get the test/interview invites na wahala. So much that I am always skeptical about sending my applications to e-mail addresses no matter how legit they seem. Could it be my village people? Could it be that my CV is not good enough? I would appreciate an appraisal from anybody who is willing to help; let’s join hands together and see what is wrong with my resume!! I possess most if not all of the graduate trainee requirements of any reputable organization in Nigeria, local or multinational. All I ever wanted was a suitable entry level/GT position with an organization where I can grow with. I am always ready to take on challenges.

At the moment I am sure both GTB and UBA are recruiting (those are the ones I know, am sure other top companies are doing so codedly too). IF only I had someone who can submit my CV and get me an invite. I have always known nairalanders as nice people, I am pretty sure behind those funny monikers are great personalities; top level executives, talent acquisition team managers, seasoned experienced professionals, Important top-shots. All I ask for is a fighting chance. If y’all cant help me, well maybe God can, because I don’t think I know anybody else.

I am very keen on adding value to myself, during and briefly after my bachelor’s degree, I have worked as an intern with an industrial engineering firm, where I learned a lot about technical maintenance. . I worked as a business development officer during my service year. I am also good with computers, I basically repair my computer system myself any it develops issues, be it software or hardware related, I also have basic knowledge of networking; data communication and networks was one course I fell in love with as an undergraduate. While I wait to get invites for entry level from banks, oil&gas firms (who no like better thing.. hehe grin angry) and other corporate organizations (note: I do not despise the idea of humble beginnings) , I am thinking of the next step to take, what should I do? Get a master’s degree in electrical engineering (telecommunications option) Get trained and certified on CCNA, CCNP(Pursue a career in Networking)

I am actually thinking of registering with a reputable training school in Lagos and start with a CCNA . I will appreciate an internship opportunity with an I.T firm so I can gain real life practical hands-on experience while I am getting myself certified. I don’t mind doing it for free; I don’t have much to offer yet anyways!!!! That’s just by the way…….
Abeg, Nairalanders, help me ooo .. I need this job invites o, now more than ever.. I am confused, I am pretty sure my CV is well structured, but then again what do I Know. I am sure an appraisal will come in handy. Abeg I no wan carry placard enter streets o … I am a graduate for Christ sakes!! But then again who graduate don epp… I am scared of outgrowing the age of entry-level opportunities, because that will push me into a whole new league. It’s now or never!!!

I have now adopted looking for a job as a full time job.

Biko, I can be contacted through a PM, I will be sure to reply with my phone number and email address. I am going to go ahead and quote a few people who I av actually at one point or the other gained from either their threads or their posts .
Cc
Anticent, lero15, nmreports, naijainfogalery, AjanleKoko, eipreel, rationalmind, MacMaster01, ednut1, Highmey, mikedimeji, MarshallMathers, therealadonye, adeaks, Valentinooo, Tbliz, taiwolusol, nitrogen, MissIndependent, adeaks, ksstroud, ajasa4link, Davide470, kunzo, nunogomez, Debbie, occ5050, amongst others

Let the meaningful and useful professional advises, roll in.

Always check on www.abujaelectricity.com for opportunities.
Re: Why Aren't We Getting The Invites??? Is Placard The Answer??? by tolasashi(m): 7:50pm On Jun 19, 2016
shy, cool, not sociable, everything apart from being a bookworm lol
asuustrike2009:

How did the dull guy passed ACCA if he's dull? Or do you mean that he's the shy type or not smart enough
Re: Why Aren't We Getting The Invites??? Is Placard The Answer??? by apheyz(m): 7:52pm On Jun 19, 2016
ayobase:

Always check on www.abujaelectricity.com for opportunities.

Thanks for the information sir, really helpful
Re: Why Aren't We Getting The Invites??? Is Placard The Answer??? by ayobase(m): 10:59am On Jun 21, 2016
apheyz:

Thanks for the information sir, really helpful
The site is not always up.
But you can be rest assured something is up whenever the site is up.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Channels TV Vacancies In Abuja / N-power Batch C1: N-power Batch C1 List Not Yet Sent To States / Wakanow Is Recruiting For Senior Front-End Developers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.