Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,035 members, 7,845,367 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

Is It Right To Criticise Men Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right To Criticise Men Of God (772 Views)

Pastor Chris Warns Comedians: Don't Joke With Men Of God! / Unfulfilled Prophecies By Men Of God / Three Great Men Of God And Great Geniuses In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right To Criticise Men Of God by Lopezdee1: 11:53am On Aug 25, 2009
Recently I read a write up which was critical of a popular pastor in Nigeria, this generated a lot of heated debate within the forum as a lot of people feels Men of God should not be criticised even in whatever situation. In my opinion men of God are like any human being with their strength and weaknesses  I therefore see no reason why they cannot be criticised especially when they've done something wrong, I need to point out that criticism should be done to encourage such men of God to be a better person(or pastor) and not trying to bring them down or tarnish their image. LET'S DISCUSS but lets keep it civil (even where we have to criticise)

Note: This is an open forum that respect the right of individual opinion
          Any uncivil, derogatory or foul comment will be deleted
          No form of personal attack will be allowed (everyone's got right to their opinion)
Re: Is It Right To Criticise Men Of God by Ben13: 11:56am On Aug 25, 2009
Nope! It's not right.
Re: Is It Right To Criticise Men Of God by JPot: 11:59am On Aug 25, 2009
The question was "Is it Right to Criticise Men Of God"

Problem is many pastors are Men Of Satan living like Pharisees belittling everyone else, while living a lucrative worldly lifestyle.
Re: Is It Right To Criticise Men Of God by Tonyet1(m): 12:09pm On Aug 25, 2009
Lopezdee1:

Note: This is an open forum that respect the right of individual opinion
      [size=14pt]Any uncivil, derogatory or foul comment will be deleted[/size]
          No form of personal attack will be allowed (everyone's got right to their opinion

hmm, maybe our moderators are beginning to disguise themselves, else who could give u the right to delete another's
Re: Is It Right To Criticise Men Of God by Lopezdee1: 12:22pm On Aug 25, 2009
Tonye-t:

hmm, maybe our moderators are beginning to disguise themselves, else who could give u the right to delete another's

I have seen christian threads degenerated into forums for personal attack and name calling in the past. I do not think it's asking for too much if we ask posters to be civil.
Re: Is It Right To Criticise Men Of God by petres007(m): 12:27pm On Aug 25, 2009
@Poster,

Let me get this clear, do you mean if its biblical or not to "criticize" "men of God"?

For me, if its biblical, it is right. If it's unbiblical, it is wrong.

So which is it? Do mean from the biblical perspective, or generally/personally??
Re: Is It Right To Criticise Men Of God by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 25, 2009
If I may ask what is the criteria for designating some one a Man of God,is it owning a private Jet or simply bearing the tags ,pastor, general overseer,priest or Bishop.

Men you st Paul actually critized st Peter who was ordained long before him.Abi Paul was wrong
Re: Is It Right To Criticise Men Of God by Krayola2(m): 1:00pm On Aug 25, 2009
chukwudi44:

If I may ask what is the criteria for designating some one a Man of God,is it owning a private Jet or simply bearing the tags ,pastor, general overseer,priest or Bishop.

Men you st Paul actually critized st Peter who was ordained long before him.Abi Paul was wrong

Does owning a private Jet disqualify someone from being a "man of God"?
Re: Is It Right To Criticise Men Of God by noetic2: 1:04pm On Aug 25, 2009
whether men of God or men of satan. . . . .no one is above critcism.

Morover, why should anyone hide under the cloud of God, to commit crimes.
It is permissible in all ramifications to criticise ANYONE.
Re: Is It Right To Criticise Men Of God by seyenko(m): 1:05pm On Aug 25, 2009
power corrupts and absolute power, corrupts absolutely. every human being is imperfect therefore there is a need for check and balance, there is a need for accountability that is why the philosophers say ' every man is a self interested being'
Re: Is It Right To Criticise Men Of God by posakosa(m): 1:13pm On Aug 25, 2009
Lets first define what it means to be a so-called "Man of god"

The fact someone is a god to men thru popularity does not mean that, that person is really worshiping god.
Re: Is It Right To Criticise Men Of God by posakosa(m): 1:13pm On Aug 25, 2009
I agree with neotic2. kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Is It Right To Criticise Men Of God by noetic2: 1:15pm On Aug 25, 2009
lolz cheesy

where have u been? ow are u?
Re: Is It Right To Criticise Men Of God by posakosa(m): 1:24pm On Aug 25, 2009
noetic2:

lolz  cheesy

where have u been? ow are u?

Im fine,  have to round some things up before I head back up. Leaving here next week.  How are you doing ?
Re: Is It Right To Criticise Men Of God by richjohn1(m): 2:04pm On Aug 25, 2009
Man of gawd my foot , who made self acclaimed or did they purchase it in the market? grin
Re: Is It Right To Criticise Men Of God by PastorAIO: 2:52pm On Aug 25, 2009
What is the criteria for deciding who is a man of God and who isn't? We need that so that we can know who we can allow off scot free and with impunity for any act of evil, separate from those who we can nab.
Re: Is It Right To Criticise Men Of God by banom(m): 3:38pm On Aug 25, 2009
Is it good for a man of God to fleece the flocks ?

By there jets we shall know them.
Re: Is It Right To Criticise Men Of God by Krayola2(m): 4:24pm On Aug 25, 2009
banom:

grin grin haha hey. . .they need something to fly all those souls to heaven with
Re: Is It Right To Criticise Men Of God by chic2pimp(m): 5:50pm On Aug 25, 2009
banom:

Is it good for a man of God to fleece the flocks ?
u also forgot to add jeeps and expensive houses.
noetic2:

whether men of God or men of satan. . . . .no one is above critcism.
Morover, why should anyone hide under the cloud of God, to commit crimes.
It is permissible in all ramifications to criticise ANYONE.
I couldn't have said it any better. Moreover this ppl are now 'Men of Men' not 'Men of god' and to make matters worse they collect Offerings and tithes forcefully  in churches.
Re: Is It Right To Criticise Men Of God by ABBY4: 6:35pm On Aug 25, 2009
Let us all leave every criticism to our God,he is the only one who has the power to criticise and judge.For prayerpoints,visit:
www.a4success.,com
Re: Is It Right To Criticise Men Of God by Nobody: 8:05am On Aug 26, 2009
Krayola2:

Does owning a private Jet disqualify someone from being a "man of God"?
A PASTOR OWNING A PRIVATE jET WHEN A GREATER MAJORITYB OF HIS CONGREGATION ARE POOR CAN DISQUALIFY HIM AS A MAN OF GOD
Re: Is It Right To Criticise Men Of God by Image123(m): 10:11am On Aug 26, 2009
Matthew 7:3,4
And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou SAY TO THY BROTHER, let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
The above is the most important question to ask before throwing stones. Anybody can throw stones. Very easy, no skill required. Many(not all) will do same or worse, if they were in similar positios of power, influence, wealth, anointing or gifts. BTW, many critics would not dare a frown if they got to the presence of this people. All they can afford is cheaptalk gossip, Say to thy brother, go and tell him/her instead of coming here to murmur
Re: Is It Right To Criticise Men Of God by Image123(m): 10:13am On Aug 26, 2009
Matthew 7:3,4
And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou SAY TO THY BROTHER, let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
The above is the most important question to ask before throwing stones. Anybody can throw stones. Very easy, no skill required. Many(not all) will do same or worse, if they were in similar positios of power, influence, wealth, anointing or gifts. BTW, many critics would not dare a frown if they got to the presence of this people. All they can afford is cheaptalk gossip, Say to thy brother, go and tell him/her instead of coming here to murmur

(1) (Reply)

Re: Why Compulsary Tithing Is Dangerous To Your Salvation / The Big Debate of All the Major Religions of the world / Who Is God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.