Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,802 members, 7,862,654 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:05 PM

Muhammad Ali: Boxing legend dies aged 74 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Muhammad Ali: Boxing legend dies aged 74 (445 Views)

Prince Adekunle Dies At 74 / Maheeda Seduces Floyd Mayweather: "Come Let's Do The Main Boxing In Bed" / Laila Ali, Muhammad Ali's Daughter Who Inherited His Boxing Talent (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muhammad Ali: Boxing legend dies aged 74 by heavykenny(m): 5:54am On Jun 04, 2016
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/06/03/us/muhammad-ali/

(CNN)Muhammad Ali, the legendary boxer who proclaimed himself "The Greatest" and was among the most famous and beloved athletes on the planet, died Friday in Phoenix, Arizona, a family spokesman said.

Ali, 74, had been at a Phoenix hospital since Thursday with what spokesman Bob Gunnell had described as a respiratory issue.
"After a 32-year battle with Parkinson's disease, Muhammad Ali has passed away at the age of 74. The three-time World Heavyweight Champion boxer died this evening," Gunnell said in a statement. "The Ali family would like to thank everyone for their thoughts, prayers, and support and asks for privacy at this time."
Laila Ali "truly appreciates the outpouring of love for her family, as she spends quality time with her dad," a statement issued by her business manager said.
Muhammad Ali also was hospitalized in January 2015 with a urinary tract infection. He was hospitalized in December 2014 with pneumonia.
Hours before her famed father passed away, Laila Ali posted a throwback photo of Muhammad Ali with her daughter, Sydney, who was born in 2011.
"I love this photo of my father and my daughter Sydney when she was a baby! Thank for all the love and well wishes. I feel your love and appreciate it!!" Laila Ali, herself a former world champion boxer, wrote.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/06/03/us/muhammad-ali/

Cc: Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy, Mynd44

Re: Muhammad Ali: Boxing legend dies aged 74 by brunofarad(m): 5:56am On Jun 04, 2016
RIP
Re: Muhammad Ali: Boxing legend dies aged 74 by kobonaire(m): 5:58am On Jun 04, 2016
RIP to the boxing legend.
His daughter laila ali fine too
Re: Muhammad Ali: Boxing legend dies aged 74 by Sharon6(f): 6:01am On Jun 04, 2016
RIP
Re: Muhammad Ali: Boxing legend dies aged 74 by heavykenny(m): 6:25am On Jun 04, 2016
RIP
Re: Muhammad Ali: Boxing legend dies aged 74 by Nobody: 6:27am On Jun 04, 2016
He said and I quote "I'm the greatest". This shows that every man irrespective of who or what you are will certainly die someday. RIP Mohammed Alli

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Ali: Boxing legend dies aged 74 by Auxiliary(m): 6:28am On Jun 04, 2016
'He who is not courageous enough will achieve nothing in life.'
- Muhammad Ali.

RIP to a Boxing Legend!
Re: Muhammad Ali: Boxing legend dies aged 74 by Smellymouth: 6:36am On Jun 04, 2016
Muhammad Ali aka The Greatest... cool

Total fight--61
Wins--56
Wins by KO--37
Losses --5

A reporter once asked Muhammad Ali, " How do you feel about the suspected hijackers of 9/11 sharing your faith?

Ali Answered--" How do you feel about Adolf Hitler sharing yours?"

Rest in Peace Ali..
Jazaka Allahu Khairan

[img]http://brobible.files./2013/12/lrzwzn5.gif[/img]

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Ali: Boxing legend dies aged 74 by SuperSupremo(m): 6:39am On Jun 04, 2016
Such a lucky man Ali is

Came into this world as non muslim,Successful and smooth career, more money,more popularity, turned to a Muslim,behaved as a Muslim and finally died as a Muslim on the most blessed day for a Muslim to die (Friday)

Any Muslim will be envious so proud of you Ali

Rest In Perfect Peace!!!
Re: Muhammad Ali: Boxing legend dies aged 74 by hahn(m): 6:43am On Jun 04, 2016
Death does nothing to people like this. He still lives on smiley
Re: Muhammad Ali: Boxing legend dies aged 74 by opeyemiieblog(m): 6:55am On Jun 04, 2016
Rip to the legend

(1) (Reply)

I Sent OJB Jezreel A Huge Amount Of Dollars For Treatment - Kemi Olunloyo / Phyno Unveils Title Of Sophomore Album / Watch Official New Video: 2baba – Officially Blind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.