Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew (54074 Views)

The Last Portraits Of Muhammad Ali By Zenon Texeira / Photo Of Muhammad Ali With His Mother! RIP / Muhammad Ali's Visit To Lagos In 1964 (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by lagosrd: 11:20pm On Jun 04, 2016
ollah1:

Do u have to judge what's right for him or not? By your logic, it's a pity for anybody who doesn't die as a Christian? What about sinners that died as a Christian?

You were boldly told not to judge yet u wrote an epistle judging him or other Muslims.

Religious bigot

If the bible say as difficult it seems for a camel to enter the hole of a needle that is how difficult to make heaven

That the kingdom of God suffereth violence and violence takes it by force.

Furthermore it also said no one is righteous not a single person.

So can the person you quoted tell us the assurance that he himself will make heaven or has he seen anybody that just returned from heaven?
Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by Nobody: 12:10am On Jun 05, 2016
whizzler:
hope u haven't been duped by the vagabond, he is the same Scammer with a different moniker

Nawa o. But are there any real reseller?
Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by Mccullum: 1:14am On Jun 05, 2016
@ Delta Oil, almighty Allah promised all Muslims paradise while Muhammed also confirmed it, in fact most of suras in qurian Allah mentioned reward for the believers & punishment for unbelievers, so stop quoting what you don't know, may God forgive you.
Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by Princepoint(m): 1:18am On Jun 05, 2016
fly like a butterfly sting like bee Sting no more ! R I P Legend
Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by tsodjete: 2:39am On Jun 05, 2016
DeltaOil:
Muhammed Ali was really a spotting icon, and fought for black people!

It's a pity he died as a moslem.
As we all know that Mohammed himself said he does not know what will happen to
both he himself "mohammed" & his followers, hence they won't make heaven.

Sura 46:9
"I am not something original among the messengers, NOR DO I KNOW WHAT WILL BE DONE WITH ME OR WITH
This is what the chapter says:
Say: "I am no new thing among the messengers (of Allah), nor know I what will be done with me or with you. I do but follow that which is inspired in me, and I am but a plain warner"
Pls, don't quote out of context in order to mislead people
here. You've not been to heaven to know what religion will be accepted.
There are many places where Almighty Allah promise the last of the prophet Muhammad SAW and believers aljananat firdauos. It will be better for you and me not to condemn others and learn to tolerate ourselves especially on religious matters on the social media.
Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by kubrat(f): 6:31am On Jun 05, 2016
DeltaOil:

"I am not something original among the messengers, NOR DO I KNOW WHAT WILL BE DONE WITH ME OR WITH YOU(MUSLIMS)."

If he had died as a Christian he would have the promise of salvation that moahmmed did not have nor his following muslims

Mark 16:16 (KJV)
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Jesus went to heaven in the view of people, unlike mohammed that is dead and buried

Act 1
9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;

11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven
mr delta oil uve certainly got issues here. U re wishing he was a christian, does that matter to u. All I know is that he's better off.
Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by chimauga(m): 6:38am On Jun 05, 2016
C
DeltaOil:

"I am not something original among the messengers, NOR DO I KNOW WHAT WILL BE DONE WITH ME OR WITH YOU(MUSLIMS)."

If he had died as a Christian he would have the promise of salvation that moahmmed did not have nor his following muslims

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Jesus went to heaven in the view of people, unlike mohammed that is dead and buried

Act 1
9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;

11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven

And also he made him self "the greatest" not knowing that the only greatest we have is God and his son jesus that is why couldn't last longer in boxing and in life
Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by wtfCode: 8:03am On Jun 05, 2016
Ali bumaye Ali bumaye Ali bumaye.
RIP great legend.
Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by ibraz01: 8:15am On Jun 05, 2016
DeltaOil:

Act 1

Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by Godson32(m): 8:34am On Jun 05, 2016
RIP. U were a great man indeed.
Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by Nobody: 11:04am On Jun 05, 2016
Religiousity everywhere. He also proclaimed Allah is the greatest. Face your own judgement and leave him for his rewards in the grave. May Allah forgive his sins and make the hereafter a success for him
Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by Moganajoe: 11:16am On Jun 05, 2016
VocalWalls:
I may not have been a fan of boxing, and I surely wouldn't have thought i will write a piece about something related, well, yeah i am not, however, I am putting this down in honor of a true legend, Muhammad Ali, the man that taught me resilience.

Watching from the screen in our sitting room, i would often see a man who got knocked down repeatedly, yet he never gave up. At a very young age, i realized it was not just over, being on the ground. Before i learned from Ali, I would always thing it's best for a man knocked down to stay on the ground, but now, I realized even the ground is not enough to stop a motivated man, this was my first life's lesson, from Ali.

In honor of him, I'll be listing 5 things about Muhammad Ali you probably never knew about...

1. Ali Changed His Name More Than Once

According to his biographer, Davis Miller, 

"The legend is known that when a young Kentucky-born Cassius Clay joined the Nation of Islam his name was immediately changed to the now iconic Muhammad Ali," Miller says. "But few know that his first name change was to Cassius X.

"It was February 26, 1964 -- the morning after he knocked out Sonny Liston. But nearly two weeks later, on March 6, he announced that religious and political leader Elijah Muhammad (who led the Nation of Islam from 1934 until his death in 1975) had given him the new name of Muhammad Ali."

2. He Is A Sufi

"Ali announced that he is a Sufi around 2005, saying that of all of the sects of Islam, he feels the closest connection to Sufism," says Miller, whose book "Approaching Ali" was released in late 2015. "Sufism is arguably the most peaceful sect of any major or minor religion. Sufis believe that to purposely harm any person is to harm all of humanity, to harm each of us and to damage the world.

"It is the perfect fit for Ali, who had been living in the ways that Sufis do for decades before he'd heard of the religion. "Few people have heard about the profound ways Ali's faith has evolved over the years. He has been a world soul for many decades; he has grown from separatist to universalist."

3. He Fought While Injured

"Ali had only six weeks to prepare for this contest," Miller says. "In training, his boyhood friend and former heavyweight champion Jimmy Ellis badly fractured one of Ali's ribs.

"Even with this injury, Ali did not reschedule the fight, being entirely uncertain that if he did, he would ever get the chance to fight again."

4.  Parkinson's disease has taught him new ways to communicate

"The art of the gesture is quite important to him," Miller says of Ali, who was diagnosed with Parkinson's in 1984 at the age of 42. "He communicates with his hands and fingers, his facial features, his eyes.

"He surprises visitors by making a sound with his thumb and index finger that's not unlike a cricket in your ear. He blows on the top of heads, tickles the inside of palms when he shakes hands, teasing almost everyone who visits him.

"Though he can walk, Ali is often seen sitting in a wheelchair or positioned in an easy chair. He is no longer the world's most vocal and irrepressibly animated person."

5.  He's an amateur magician

"Float like a butterfly and sting like a bee, his hands can't hit what his eyes can't see."

Famous for his pre-fight proto rap rhymes, Ali had some other dazzling tricks. "Until recently, throughout his years with Parkinson's disease, Ali surprised visitors by performing prestidigitations (sleight of hand tricks)," Miller says.

"He made a red silk scarf disappear from his hand, he bit coins in half and made them whole again, and he often performed an old parlor trick -- by putting his feet together and rising up on the toes of one foot while keeping his other foot flexed, he could appear to float above the ground."

Source: http://www.vocalwalls.com/honor-muhammad-ali-worlds-greatest/
Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by Moganajoe: 11:20am On Jun 05, 2016
Bumaye Ali in Congo! Legend till the end of the world. A safi......i wish all muslims be like Ali for the worl to know peace.
Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by hollaytan: 12:13pm On Jun 05, 2016
Dont qoute the holy quran in isolation please.....read indepth before qouting

DeltaOil:

Act 1

Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by soulhighman(m): 12:15pm On Jun 05, 2016
DeltaOil:

Act 1

I am happy he died as a Muslim. And hey, whenever you want to propagate your religion, don't come up with lies.
Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by Popsyn1(m): 12:43pm On Jun 05, 2016
vivansexy:
a man of integrity

Please do not patronize this scammer. He and his ilks are wolves in sheep clothing! All they do is send non existent data to your phone in the form of a text message. I recently got swindled of N2,000.00 by an accursed Henry. Who knows he could even be the same here with a different ID?
Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by godsveryown(f): 12:58pm On Jun 05, 2016
omolola15:

Chai I tire for some people oooo. You want to know something more than the owner. You just pulled 1 verse from a whole chapter and manipulate it into something else. Usually I don't always answer people like you. But i think you need a little lecture on how to quote the Quran. Firstly that surah (al-ahqaf) was talking about the disbelievers on the judgment day. That was never the saying of the prophet.

Next time before you quote ignorantly. Always read 5 verses before the one you are trying to quote so that you can understand what the whole chapter means. Why not take the liberty of reading surah 46: 1-12. Maybe you can get the full gist. I can help with a link.

http://quran.com/46/6-12

Only quote me when you have read, comprehend and digest that verse. Se you hear me.
thankGod he wrote it on naira land if not by now heads would be rolling to appease the god that sends his worshippers to kill his blasphemers.... Thank God for JESUS CHRIST
Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by kemzyAjaks(f): 12:58pm On Jun 05, 2016
DeltaOil:

Act 1

For those who may want to take this dude seriously....
I am not a new thing among the messengers... i am not the first messenger who ever came to the world. Rather, Messengers came before me.Therefore, i am not an unprecedented event that should cause you all to reject me and doubt my being sent to you. Indeed, Allah has sent before me prophets to various nations( including Jesus whom we believe in).....
Nor do i know what will be done to me or to you.... even though i am Allah's messenger, i cannot declare that a specific person will enter Pardise..... apart from the ten that was revealed by Allah himself ( for i do not know people do in secret)
Qur'an's sayings are in parables that are only clear to the wise and those who have pure hearts.… There's something called Qur'an tafsir, you know....there's a story behind almost every verse as it was revealed in bits according to occurences of those times in order to warn and teach people of coming generation as it is applicable to those generations, this and beyond. My dear..don't be gullible.. Ask questions about things that are not clear so you do not belong to one of the strayed sheep.
Nevertheless, Allah has promised Paradise for those who serve Him ALONE and hell for the transgressors in various surahs(chapters). Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) also taught us some things to do in order to earn Allah's pleasure and things to do in order to evade his wrath
Thus,in Muhammad Ali's voice..…*We know where we are going and we know the truth.....*
May Allah guide you to the Right Path

1 Like

Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by omolola15(m): 1:09pm On Jun 05, 2016
godsveryown:
thankGod he wrote it on naira land if not by now heads would be rolling to appease the god that sends his worshippers to kill his blasphemers.... Thank God for JESUS CHRIST

And you saw anywhere in my comment where I was calling for his head? He was wrong and all I did was correct him with facts without being offensive. Somehow you still find a way to turn it to something else. You are what is wrong with religion. Like I said earlier. If you can't comprehend don't quote.
Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by youngguru23(m): 6:35am On Jun 19, 2016
DeltaOil:

But if allah cannot save muhammed , how can allah save anybody then?
Mohammed himself said has no idea of his destination.

How can that be an honour when you cannot make heaven?

If mohammed was a prophet, he will know that he would go to heaven,
but he confessed that he does not know.

Unlike Jesus that promises heaven to all who believe in Him.

So guys why follow mohammed that is dead and not in heaven,
With Jesus you are promised heaven and Jesus is ALIVE.

Now why follow the dead when there is the Living?

Can't u just keep quiet for God sake. Abeg u be Hafiz or Islamic Scholar and u are coming here to say rubbish.

Abi u be God Lawyer
Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by seankay(m): 12:41pm On Jun 19, 2016
All you fanatics should shut up cos you don't decide your religion. Your religion is hugely influenced by your Parent's. I'm a Christian today cos my Parents are Christians and i was feed with the words from the Bible as early as I was old enough to understand. It would have being the same if my Parents were Muslims or Buddhists.
The most important thing is to serve you God no matter the religion you find yourself cos that's something you can't decide by yourself.
Re: 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew by DeltaOil: 4:53pm On Jun 19, 2016
youngguru23:

Can't u just keep quiet for God sake. Abeg u be Hafiz or Islamic Scholar and u are coming here to say rubbish.

Abi u be God Lawyer
grin grin grin grin[size=15pt]THE TRUTH IS BITTER![/size] grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Never Knew Mikel Could Score Goals - Mourinho / "Alex Iwobi Is A Lucky Guy"-Online Users Intrigued Over Photos Of His Girlfriend / Iheanacho Debut New Hairstyle As He Returns To Leicester City For Pre-season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.