Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,037,093 members, 7,448,928 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 June 2023 at 05:40 AM
Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tribute: Most Popular Muhammed Ali's Quotes & Rants (478 Views)
Amodu Shuaibu's Tribute To Stephen Keshi From Keshi's Condolence Register / Photo Of Muhammad Ali With His Mother! RIP / Muhammad Ali's Visit To Lagos In 1964 (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)
|Tribute: Most Popular Muhammed Ali's Quotes & Rants by samex4rill(m): 8:35am On Jun 04, 2016|
Ali is known almost as much for his iconic quotes as his emphatic knockouts, Ali had the gift of the gab and was the king of trash talk.
To honor the greatest boxer i will be reminding you of Muhammed Ali top quotes and the results of each quotes.
[b]"Cassius Clay is a slave name. I didn't choose it and I don't want it. I am Muhammad Ali, a free name - it means beloved of God, and I insist people use it when people speak to me and of me."
- Clay changes his name to Muhammad Ali and announces his conversion to the Muslim faith after defeating Liston in 1964
"Get up sucker and fight. Get up and fight."
- Ali taunts Liston during their second fight in 1965
"What's my name, fool? What's my name?"
- Ali taunts Ernie Terrell, who had refused to acknowledge Ali's change of name before their bout in 1967
"I ain't got no quarrel with them Vietcong."
- Ali explains why he refused to be inducted into the US armed forces in 1967 during the Vietnam War
"Float like a butterfly sting like a bee - his hands can't hit what his eyes can't see."
- Ali reveals his plan ahead of the George Foreman fight in The Rumble in the Jungle, 1974
"I done wrestled with an alligator, I done tussled with a whale Handcuffed lightning, thrown thunder in jail;
Only last week, I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalised a brick; I'm so mean I make medicine sick."
- Ali entertains the press with a poem in the leadup to The Rumble in the Jungle, 1974
"I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and got into bed before the room was dark."
- Ali explains to the press how fast he feels ahead of The Rumble in the Jungle, 1974
"That all you got, George? That all you got?"
- Ali mocks Foreman's punch power mid-fight during The Rumble in the Jungle, 1974
"It will be a killer and a chiller and a thriller when I get the gorilla in Manila."
- Ali predicts a classic ahead of his third bout with Joe Frazier in The Thrilla in Manila, 1975. [/b]
I guess thats all for now, send Muhammed Ali your condolences in the comment box.
RIP THRILLER IN MANILLA.
|Re: Tribute: Most Popular Muhammed Ali's Quotes & Rants by Sleekydee(m): 8:46am On Jun 04, 2016|
awon ti Legendary!!!
|Re: Tribute: Most Popular Muhammed Ali's Quotes & Rants by ademoladeji(m): 8:51am On Jun 04, 2016|
I'm a fighter. I believe in the eye-for-an-eye business. I'm no cheek turner. I got no respect for a man who won't hit back. You kill my dog, you better hide your cat.
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have the skill, and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.
1 Like 1 Share
This What Mourinho Said As POGBA Signs for A Record Fee / Nigeria Wins Olympic Silver Medal / Ronaldo Could Still Join Barcelona – Figo
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2023 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30