Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,378 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:29 AM

Muhammad Ali's Visit To Lagos In 1964 (Pictures) - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Muhammad Ali's Visit To Lagos In 1964 (Pictures) (48986 Views)

Jay-Jay Okocha Left Someone's Hand Hanging Like Oba Of Lagos In Throwback Photo / Video Of Muhammad Ali's Visit To Nigeria After The Civil War In 1971 / See How Muhammad Ali Was Welcomed By Nigerians As He Arrived Lagos In 1964(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muhammad Ali's Visit To Lagos In 1964 (Pictures) by robosky02(m): 3:53pm On Jun 04, 2016
Biafra101:
Michael Jackson and Bob never visited Nigeria.. Even Barack Obama so shut up

you don't know history the Jackson family has a music academy right here in lagos
Re: Muhammad Ali's Visit To Lagos In 1964 (Pictures) by Senjuchiha: 3:59pm On Jun 04, 2016
rest in peace....the greatest boxer of all time......the people's champion

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Ali's Visit To Lagos In 1964 (Pictures) by Senjuchiha: 4:00pm On Jun 04, 2016
rest in peace....the greatest boxer of all time......God has called the people's champion back home
Re: Muhammad Ali's Visit To Lagos In 1964 (Pictures) by gibzzhd: 4:02pm On Jun 04, 2016
when messi go come Nigeria?
Re: Muhammad Ali's Visit To Lagos In 1964 (Pictures) by robosky02(m): 4:27pm On Jun 04, 2016
Soon

he narrowly missed coming
the last time we hit them 4- 0 in abuja

gibzzhd:
Re: Muhammad Ali's Visit To Lagos In 1964 (Pictures) by YoungDaNaval(m): 4:28pm On Jun 04, 2016
hakeem4:
I heard his punches were so hard that he punched one guy in the ring and the guy started seeing Angel Gabriel and Michael selling gala and la casera

Rip " the greatest "
Lmao!!

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Ali's Visit To Lagos In 1964 (Pictures) by tammie24: 4:49pm On Jun 04, 2016
hakeem4:
I heard his punches were so hard that he punched one guy in the ring and the guy started seeing Angel Gabriel and Michael selling gala and la casera

Rip " the greatest "
They dey see Igbo pipu be that grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Ali's Visit To Lagos In 1964 (Pictures) by eyekaynoble: 5:56pm On Jun 04, 2016
AleAirHub:
Who Is Mohammad Ali . tongue
Who be dis?
Re: Muhammad Ali's Visit To Lagos In 1964 (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jun 04, 2016
robosky02:
Heavyweight boxing legend Mohammad Ali once visited Nigeria in June 1964.

A controversial and polarizing figure during his early career, he remains the only three-time lineal World Heavyweight Champion which he won in 1964, 1974, and 1978.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterMohammed Ali beating a traditional yoruba drum The 73-year old boxing legend, was spotted wearing a brown and white stripped Yoruba Agbada as he enjoyed his visit to the Nigeria.

https://www.naij.com/439573-photos-mohammed-ali-visits-nigeria-in-1964.html
Bro please send these pictures to my email (ofoegbu.stephen@yahoo.com). I would love to
make portraits of them and keep them in my private collection...Cheers.
Re: Muhammad Ali's Visit To Lagos In 1964 (Pictures) by okpiewon(m): 6:22pm On Jun 04, 2016
Obama:
President Barack Obama paid tribute Saturday to late boxing great Muhammad Ali, saying that he was a towering champion “who fought for what was right” not just in the ring but outside it as well.
The former heavyweight champion, who passed away late Friday after struggling for years with Parkinson’s, was “a man who fought for us,” the US president said.

“His fight outside the ring would cost him his title and his public standing. It would earn him enemies on the left and the right, make him reviled, and nearly send him to jail. But Ali stood his ground. And his victory helped us get used to the America we recognize today.”
Source: http://www.sarakinews.com/2016/06/read-obamas-tribute-to-legend-boxer.html

Bill Clinton:
Clintons ‘saddened’ by death of Ali Also Former US president Bill Clinton said on Saturday that he and his wife, Democratic presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton, were “saddened” by thepassing of
Muhammad Ali. “From the day he claimed the Olympic gold

medal in 1960, boxing fans across the world knew they were seeing a blend of beauty and grace, speed and strength that may never be matched again,” read a statement from the former president’s office. “We watched him grow from the brash self-confidence of youth and success into a manhood full of religious and political convictions that led him to make tough choices and live with the consequences,” he said. Ali was “courageous in the ring, inspiring to the young, compassionate to those in need, and strong and good-humored in bearing the burden of his own health challenges.” Clinton said he was “honored” to have awarded Ali the Presidential Citizens Medal at the White House in January 2001
Sourc:http://www.sarakinews.com/2016/06/we-were-saddened-by-passing-of-muhammad.html
Re: Muhammad Ali's Visit To Lagos In 1964 (Pictures) by kachi19: 7:25pm On Jun 04, 2016
Oh I'll miss him. I've always wanted to know how it felt being punched by Ali
Re: Muhammad Ali's Visit To Lagos In 1964 (Pictures) by Joe171(m): 7:49pm On Jun 04, 2016
The Greatest!
Re: Muhammad Ali's Visit To Lagos In 1964 (Pictures) by Joe171(m): 8:00pm On Jun 04, 2016
Tell us the truth, are you above the age of ten?
AleAirHub:
Re: Muhammad Ali's Visit To Lagos In 1964 (Pictures) by laurel03(m): 8:46pm On Jun 04, 2016
AleAirHub:
ask ur dad
Re: Muhammad Ali's Visit To Lagos In 1964 (Pictures) by Superiorwords: 8:53pm On Jun 04, 2016
What's his real name sef?
Re: Muhammad Ali's Visit To Lagos In 1964 (Pictures) by ajebia(m): 8:58pm On Jun 04, 2016
AleAirHub:
come o, what a stupid question how old r u, u sure say u reach 10years. Ur name is sorry. Infact u shouldn't be here since u don't know who Ali is, go watch Britney spears or justin bibber..
Re: Muhammad Ali's Visit To Lagos In 1964 (Pictures) by AleAirHub(m): 9:02pm On Jun 04, 2016
ajebia:
come o, what a stupid question how old r u, u sure say u reach 10years. Ur name is sorry. Infact u shouldn't be here since u don't know who Ali is, go watch Britney spears or justin bibber..
I.T.K.
Re: Muhammad Ali's Visit To Lagos In 1964 (Pictures) by Hades2016(m): 10:35pm On Jun 04, 2016
robosky02:

every top athlete must visit Nigeria or meet "Nigeria" to be complete

ask Maradonna, Messi and Ronaldinho
na so Bro
Re: Muhammad Ali's Visit To Lagos In 1964 (Pictures) by Kfed4ril(m): 11:11pm On Jun 04, 2016
AleAirHub:

The father of Dele Ali

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Ali's Visit To Lagos In 1964 (Pictures) by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 11:45pm On Jun 04, 2016
drnairalov:
is he dead?

Nooo e go rest
Re: Muhammad Ali's Visit To Lagos In 1964 (Pictures) by Highbhee(m): 12:17am On Jun 05, 2016
Elebiju:
Awon Iran e ni were, it seems you lack proper training and I'll school you hard Ibrahim, thank God you're a yoruba. Ori e ti o pe yen wa ko eko by force. ODE.
You are foolish,accepted...but must yu make it obvious
Re: Muhammad Ali's Visit To Lagos In 1964 (Pictures) by hakeem4(m): 2:38am On Jun 05, 2016
DoTheNeedful:

Why cant you use one of the prophets of your religion instead of the bolded. You guys kill people for "insulting" your prophet but you do worse to others. You meant to make it funny but its not funny.
I'm not a Muslim
Re: Muhammad Ali's Visit To Lagos In 1964 (Pictures) by jidbwond(m): 6:43am On Jun 05, 2016
AleAirHub:
He was a cobbler!!!
Re: Muhammad Ali's Visit To Lagos In 1964 (Pictures) by Elebiju: 7:50am On Jun 05, 2016
Highbhee:

You are foolish,accepted...but must yu make it obvious
I know you've got no one of good reputation at home at all thus this show of disgrace when you can walk away and choose to ignore because I never quoted you. Omo Ale.
Re: Muhammad Ali's Visit To Lagos In 1964 (Pictures) by Highbhee(m): 11:03am On Jun 05, 2016
Elebiju:
I know you've got no one of good reputation at home at all thus this show of disgrace when you can walk away and choose to ignore because I never quoted you. Omo Ale.
Gbam! One Tooth removed.....God save us from rabies
Re: Muhammad Ali's Visit To Lagos In 1964 (Pictures) by youngsahito(m): 11:25am On Jun 05, 2016
Jayceo:

How did Messis, maradona and co meet Nigeria?
on the football pitch

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Ali's Visit To Lagos In 1964 (Pictures) by AleAirHub(m): 7:27pm On Jun 05, 2016
jidbwond:
He was a cobbler!!!
Oh really
Re: Muhammad Ali's Visit To Lagos In 1964 (Pictures) by Rossikki: 8:47pm On Jun 05, 2016
AleAirHub:
Ewu
Re: Muhammad Ali's Visit To Lagos In 1964 (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jun 05, 2016
AleAirHub:
Is Simbi only son hope u remember Ali & Simbi?
Re: Muhammad Ali's Visit To Lagos In 1964 (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jun 05, 2016
robosky02:
Soon

he narrowly missed coming
the last time we hit them 4- 0 in abuja

we
Re: Muhammad Ali's Visit To Lagos In 1964 (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jun 05, 2016
gibzzhd:
we all live by MERCY in dis country. If not 4 mercy, JONA for turn dis country upside down.
so bros wake up, me & messi live togeda
Re: Muhammad Ali's Visit To Lagos In 1964 (Pictures) by AleAirHub(m): 2:19am On Jun 06, 2016
Rossikki:
Ewu

Goat-Born Generation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Man Utd - 2 : 2 (Full Time) / Photos: Footballer Chichi Igbo Oozies Sexiness In A Short Brown Dress / 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.