Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,708 members, 7,820,489 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

MTN Has Done It Again - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Has Done It Again (8698 Views)

MTN Has Landed The Big Train............ For Student / MTN Has Done It Again (part II) / Mtn Has Started Wiping Their Free Data Given Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Has Done It Again by oboy3(m): 10:14pm On Jun 04, 2016
Timijo:
I was been skeptical about writing this; but since my effort to reach them on customer care line has proved abortive I have no choice than to voice out here.
I was happy when I heard that MTN has increased #1000 plan to 1.5Gb. I subscribed for this data last week and I was giving 1. 5Gb data.
I started using it, until Thursday 2 when it stopped. I checked my data balance and I was told that I have exhausted my data. What! Within a week? I did not stream line video online. I only use it for whatsapp and browsing web pages.
I have called their customer care line but they did not pick. I regretted subscribing to this new MTN data.
i thought i was the only one,i bought 3.5g,the next day 2g don commot,didnt stream any video or download anything,checking nairaland the remaining 1.5 finished,how did i finish 3.5g with just checking facebook and nairaland only?

e no go better for Mtn
Re: MTN Has Done It Again by BecaciaBarbie(f): 10:27pm On Jun 04, 2016
I'm yet to recover from MTN Scam....I still can't believe my 1Gig 491mb go just go like that?
Re: MTN Has Done It Again by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jun 04, 2016
donhils:

We're really tired of hearing this same story from clueless people that don't know how to use data on their phones. U didn't use the data personally doesn't mean your phone can't use it. It's possible you have some automatic updates going on in your background. I used that 1.5gb data plan from mtn and every 1mb of it was accurately accounted for.

Correct person. Same thing with me, but if I talk now they will say I'm working for mtn. We have seen people complain of airtel, Etisalat and glo data zapping. So which one we go come use? Time people start checking what's eating their data. I sub for mtn 3.5gb, I stream anyhow, connect it to my ps4 to play fifa ultimate team online every night for hours and the thing still last me at least 10 days. If I don't stream or play ps4 online it will last me as long as I want.
Re: MTN Has Done It Again by Stevengold(m): 10:55pm On Jun 04, 2016
donhils:

That's not an insult, it's a statement of fact.

My guy, I think a simple apology would do. The dictionary meaning shows that clueless means lack of knowledge or understanding, and to a Nigerian, that word is verbosely an insult.

meanwhile, regarding the zapping thingy, there are 2 things involved, either call their customer care for complains, or just switch Sim or better still change ur network carrier. GLO is advisable, thanks

Re: MTN Has Done It Again by Vincent41(m): 11:14pm On Jun 04, 2016
Timijo:
I was been skeptical about writing this; but since my effort to reach them on customer care line has proved abortive I have no choice than to voice out here.
I was happy when I heard that MTN has increased #1000 plan to 1.5Gb. I subscribed for this data last week and I was giving 1. 5Gb data.
I started using it, until Thursday 2 when it stopped. I checked my data balance and I was told that I have exhausted my data. What! Within a week? I did not stream line video online. I only use it for whatsapp and browsing web pages.
I have called their customer care line but they did not pick. I regretted subscribing to this new MTN data.

hahahahahhaha..funny shaaaaaa...Our network Providers are wicked!!!!!!
Re: MTN Has Done It Again by donhils: 11:29pm On Jun 04, 2016
Stevengold:

My guy, I think a simple apology would do. The dictionary meaning shows that clueless means lack of knowledge or understanding, and to a Nigerian, that word is verbosely an insult.

meanwhile, regarding the zapping thingy, there are 2 things involved, either call their customer care for complains, or just switch Sim or better still change ur network carrier. GLO is advisable, thanks
So lacking knowledge on a particular subject (in this case what's eating up someone's data) is an insult? No I don't believe it.
Re: MTN Has Done It Again by Stevengold(m): 11:42pm On Jun 04, 2016
donhils:

So lacking knowledge on a particular subject (in this case what's eating up someone's data) is an insult? No I don't believe it.

Like I said it's an insult to A Nigerian, everyone has their way of reading meaning to words.
Re: MTN Has Done It Again by Stevengold(m): 11:46pm On Jun 04, 2016
Stevengold:

Like I said it's an insult to A Nigerian, everyone has their way of reading meaning to words.

Secondly, I don't think someone confused would welcome these words of urs "We're really tired of hearing this same story from clueless people that don't know how to use data on their phones."

I guess a brotherly advise or solution would have suited his plight, even if it won't help him.
Re: MTN Has Done It Again by Wadosky(m): 3:13am On Jun 05, 2016
[quote author=vernalsage post=46273556]

Your data usage can be measured from your phone.

Next time you subscribe, reset your data usage and check how much data you've used when you're told by the provider that it's exhausted.

That's the only way you can prove your network Provider is "zapping" your data.

From my own observation. MTN does no such thing.
Thanks for the insight,how do i reset my data so it can start counting afresh.

I attach herewith a screenshot of my data usage for the N25 for 500MB.
[How do i reset my data so it can start counting afresh.]
Re: MTN Has Done It Again by bobo65(m): 7:14am On Jun 05, 2016
Mr Man don't compare the N25 500mb to the 1.5gb for 1k, I think u are the only person that doesn't have a probs with that mtn plan.
I'm a data reseller and ppl that know about the mtn data still rather buy from me than mtn cos of their horrible charging rate

Don't just come out here and be defending mtn because I doubt if u make much use of the internet

vernalsage:

Your data usage can be measured from your phone.

Next time you subscribe, reset your data usage and check how much data you've used when you're told by the provider that it's exhausted.

That's the only way you can prove your network Provider is "zapping" your data.

From my own observation. MTN does no such thing.

I attach herewith a screenshot of my data usage for the N25 for 500MB.
Re: MTN Has Done It Again by RikoduoSennin(m): 7:42am On Jun 05, 2016
OP, you and others are having this problem of data zapping because you are not familiar with restricting background data.

Do you know that from the moment you switch on your data network, apps like Google play and Google app starts to zap your data without you using them or knowing.

open settings, open data usage (you will see the total number of data used during the month), select the sim you are using ( here you can set data limit, change data cycle/ view the number of data consumed everyday), scroll down to see which app his consuming your data and how many data where consumed by them, select the app and see if the data is consumed when you open it or in the background, if it is the latter then you must restrict it.

try that first then you will see that all data networks do not zap data like many complain they do. I have six different Sims and I have learnt everything about data zapping from trial and error, so I know that zapping comes from not knowing how and when to restrict or switch of your data network.

1 Like

Re: MTN Has Done It Again by kowalsky: 8:24am On Jun 05, 2016
Kizyte:
Glo first started the zapping, but thank God they've doubled their data allocation for all plans

and their network has improved greatly cheesy

atleast for me

before someone comes and start bashing undecided
Re: MTN Has Done It Again by JideSM: 9:26am On Jun 05, 2016
Hello Timijo, i'm sincerely sorry you had this experience. I would love to assist you with this. Kindly send your phone number via private message to enable me run appropriate check. I have a thread here called the MTN Customer care https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread/ where issues like this are resolved. Looking forward to hearing from you. Regards
Re: MTN Has Done It Again by JideSM: 9:34am On Jun 05, 2016
Timijo:

Hello Timijo, i'm sincerely sorry you had this experience. I would love to assist you with this. Kindly send your phone number via private message to enable me run appropriate check. I have a thread here called the MTN Customer care https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread/ where issues like this are resolved. Looking forward to hearing from you. Regards
Re: MTN Has Done It Again by Kizyte(m): 10:06am On Jun 05, 2016
kowalsky:

and their network has improved greatly cheesy

atleast for me

before someone comes and start bashing undecided
Their network has always been very stable here in Abuja, running over 2MB/sec
Re: MTN Has Done It Again by kowalsky: 10:31am On Jun 05, 2016
Kizyte:

Their network has always been very stable here in Abuja, running over 2MB/sec

smiley
it's not good to be good or nice.
good for other people most times bad for you
Re: MTN Has Done It Again by Abudu2000(m): 10:32am On Jun 05, 2016
MTN has become very terrible now,imagine even on h+ I can't watch YouTube videos peacefully, pages now take forever to load...I'm trying to exhaust the 3.5g I sub so I can at least try out glo, word on the street is that their network is getting better
Re: MTN Has Done It Again by Kizyte(m): 10:34am On Jun 05, 2016
kowalsky:

smiley
it's not good to be good or nice.
good for other people most times bad for you
cool Just be gentle and nice and you'll live long!
Re: MTN Has Done It Again by EWAagoyin(m): 11:02am On Jun 05, 2016
donhils:

guy STFU already. .they are correcting you since you no wan hear stop behaving like a stup!d fool.
Re: MTN Has Done It Again by adedapa(m): 11:07am On Jun 05, 2016
Glo not better.
REDDEVILS1:
Mk una use GLO nw. It's cheaper and no zapping
Re: MTN Has Done It Again by adedapa(m): 11:11am On Jun 05, 2016
So people prefer your data to MTN. Nigerians are really comedians. What's the name of ur firm Sir?
bobo65:
Mr Man don't compare the N25 500mb to the 1.5gb for 1k, I think u are the only person that doesn't have a probs with that mtn plan.
I'm a data reseller and ppl that know about the mtn data still rather buy from me than mtn cos of their horrible charging rate

Don't just come out here and be defending mtn because I doubt if u make much use of the internet

Re: MTN Has Done It Again by kowalsky: 11:11am On Jun 05, 2016
Kizyte:
cool Just be gentle and nice and you'll live long!

I'm pretty sure that's what Ken saro wiwa thought. cry
Re: MTN Has Done It Again by donhils: 11:24am On Jun 05, 2016
EWAagoyin:
guy STFU already. .they are correcting you since you no wan hear stop behaving like a stup!d fool.
Look at this one, who brought a pig here? And when you get home, don't forget to remind everybody there that they behave like stupíd fools especially your father (that's if you were not born by a prostitute).
Re: MTN Has Done It Again by Timijo(m): 11:47am On Jun 05, 2016
JideSM:

I don't know how to send PM here, this is my number 08062119996. Thanks for showing concern.
Re: MTN Has Done It Again by EWAagoyin(m): 11:50am On Jun 05, 2016
donhils:

Look at this one, who brought a pig here? And when you get home, don't forget to remind everybody there that they behave like stupíd fools especially your father (that's if you were not born by a prostitute).
your mother must have given birth to you on the highway because that's where most accidents occurs. Stup!d fool I only insulted you didn't join your parents why bring mine into it useless Goat product of fake condom.
Re: MTN Has Done It Again by dahvi: 12:07pm On Jun 05, 2016
Timijo:
I don't know how to send PM here, this is my number 08062119996. Thanks for showing concern.

I stand to be corrected buh if for real you can't send a personal message then how do you monitor and manage your data?.

I suppose if I say you are clueless about it you'd say its an insult tho..funny!!.

1 Like

Re: MTN Has Done It Again by donhils: 12:09pm On Jun 05, 2016
EWAagoyin:
[/b]your mother must have given birth to you on the highway because that's where most accidents occurs[b]. Stup!d fool I only insulted you didn't join your parents why bring mine into it useless Goat product of fake condom.
I've heard that (the bolded) several times making it not to have any weight whenever I hear it again. Just like a copy and paste insult.
And you insulted me means I should applaud you? Was I talking with you?Clueless Fowl. That's how local dogs behave; playing into neighbour's compounds even when they're not welcomed. Go home dude, I don't have your time.
Re: MTN Has Done It Again by donhils: 12:18pm On Jun 05, 2016
dahvi:

I stand to be corrected buh if for real you can't send a personal message then how do you monitor and manage your data?.

I suppose if I say you are clueless about it you'd say its an insult tho..funny!!.

You had better not say.
Re: MTN Has Done It Again by EWAagoyin(m): 12:25pm On Jun 05, 2016
donhils:

I've heard that (the bolded) several times making it not to have any weight whenever I hear it again. Just like a copy and paste insult.
And you insulted me means I should applaud you? Was I talking with you?Clueless Fowl. That's how local dogs behave; playing into neighbour's compounds even when they're not welcomed. Go home dude, I don't have your time.
confirmed you're a lazy sod. I won't respond to you again. Omo po bí osan.
Re: MTN Has Done It Again by bobo65(m): 1:00pm On Jun 05, 2016
adedapa:
So people prefer your data to MTN. Nigerians are really comedians. What's the name of ur firm Sir?

If u don't understand what I typed then don't worry
Re: MTN Has Done It Again by dahvi: 1:06pm On Jun 05, 2016
donhils:

You had better not say.

lol I'd better not say nothing.Buh its true you know!
Re: MTN Has Done It Again by Timijo(m): 5:01pm On Jun 05, 2016
dahvi:

You are very rude and arrogant. What do you want from me? Why following me like Twitter? If I cannot send PM does not me I'm a novice. I used to send it before but the option is not in my homepage again..
Please let me be.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Infinix Note 7 Discussion Thread / Airtel 2good! 20k/sec To All Networks! / Using Game Pad With Your Andriod Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.