Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,582 members, 7,837,196 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

Is Geology The Toughest Course To Study In Nigeria ? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Geology The Toughest Course To Study In Nigeria ? (4335 Views)

The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria? / What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? / What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Geology The Toughest Course To Study In Nigeria ? by oluwasunshine(f): 4:30pm On Jun 04, 2016
Good evening darlings and friends,one of my sis is willing to study geology in Nigeria though he choosed O.A.U. But she is wanting to change to either Uniosun/U.I.
She is a guest on this forum and also a Full-time viewer of Education section and she said she always come across threads with commenters ranking Geology as one of the toughest course to study in Nigeria and most especially in O.A.U which makes her heart beats more faster when she comes across such post.
I've always encouraged her that she can do it but she's not listening anymore and she wants to divert to Geography.
NLANDERS IS GEOLOGY THAT TOUGH ?

Geology students pls Tell us your experience as a geology student.How the reading, lecture, examinations, results etc like?

Fynestboi Twaci sinaj Geofavor rukiyat20 kokostick babamadiba Danthesage ishilove YOLO1 pryzlez eitsei Nelzone Allisonrichy GEOyurmie olubori1 Danoluwa lachenzy1
Re: Is Geology The Toughest Course To Study In Nigeria ? by emmyw(m): 4:41pm On Jun 04, 2016
I Always Tell Candidates To Go For Course They Have Passion For, There Is Nothing Like Being The Toughest Course, I Guess She(Your Sister) Don't Know What She Want, If Truly Geology Is Her Dream Course, Why Is She Backsliding? There Are Lots Of Geology Graduates Out There, She Should Relax, Take A Deep Breath And Decide The Best Course For Herself, They only Lecture You Base on The Course You Are Studying.
Re: Is Geology The Toughest Course To Study In Nigeria ? by sinaj(f): 4:46pm On Jun 04, 2016
No course is simple nd No course is tough either.

The most important thing is the passion you have for that course.

That's the thing that will keep you going during ur difficult moments smiley

1 Like

Re: Is Geology The Toughest Course To Study In Nigeria ? by Flamezreal(m): 5:44pm On Jun 04, 2016
Her opting for geography may be her serious mistake because geography is so vast and touches some part of geology, geomorphology, land surveying , soil science, urban and regional planning, housing , remote sensing / gis, demography, and some other branches like: c cartography, medical geography, climatology , transport geography,geoeconomics, among others. Just prepare yourself, you maybe offering 10-13 courses in a semester while your friends in other department will be offering 4-7 courses per semester. All I'll advice is you go for your passion like someone has said earlier because there is nothing like easier course in university.

1 Like

Re: Is Geology The Toughest Course To Study In Nigeria ? by Danthesage(m): 9:32pm On Jun 04, 2016
oluwasunshine:
Good evening darlings and friends,one of my sis is willing to study geology in Nigeria though he choosed O.A.U. But she is wanting to change to either Uniosun/U.I.
She is a guest on this forum and also a Full-time viewer of Education section and she said she always come across threads with commenters ranking Geology as one of the toughest course to study in Nigeria and most especially in O.A.U which makes her heart beats more faster when she comes across such post.
I've always encouraged her that she can do it but she's not listening anymore and she wants to divert to Geography.

Geology students pls Tell us your experience as a geology student.How the reading, lecture, examinations, results etc like?

Fynestboi Twaci sinaj Geofavor rukiyat20 kokostick babamadiba Danthesage ishilove YOLO1 pryzlez eitsei Nelzone Allisonrichy GEOyurmie olubori1 Danoluwa lachenzy1

As a geology student of O.A.U, I will err if I tell you that geology is easy or not demanding but what I know is that it's an interesting course to study if someone actually has passion for it coupled with seriousness. Also, every course has its pitfall not necessarily in terms of stress or toughness but prospects and many other things.
My candid advice to your sister is, if she truly has passion for geology she should go for it. because, with her burning passion cum seriousness on her part I believe she will be able to handle the stress and toughness well.
Wishing her the best!

(08163939906-my number for any other information)
Re: Is Geology The Toughest Course To Study In Nigeria ? by YOLO1(m): 9:35pm On Jun 04, 2016
I also made this type of finding when I was about to pick Geology some years back but what I was told is those (sudents) in geology are not angels. It all depends on mindset and determination. Though some schools like OAU have its shortcomings but I must say that it's not worth you discouraging ur sister. If she is hardworking and studious, believe me she will cruise pass the department. OAU geology has taught me a lot in my personal life. Even though I learnt the lessons in a hard way but it has made me a better man today

1 Like

Re: Is Geology The Toughest Course To Study In Nigeria ? by Mediapace: 9:39pm On Jun 04, 2016
Bro pls what was the caught off for geology then&now
YOLO1:
I also made this type of finding when I was about to pick Geology some years back but what I was told is those (sudents) in geology are not angels. It all depends on mindset and determination. Though some schools like OAU have its shortcomings but I must say that it's not worth you discouraging ur sister. If she is hardworking and studious, believe me she will cruise pass the department. OAU geology has taught me a lot in my personal life. Even though I learnt the lessons in a hard way but it has made me a better man today
Re: Is Geology The Toughest Course To Study In Nigeria ? by YOLO1(m): 9:51pm On Jun 04, 2016
Mediapace:
Bro pls what was the caught off for geology then&now
Can't remember vividly but I think the cut-off for OAU geology not on the high side. Just a little bit above 200. Have seen years where they used 200 for geology. But with the scrapping of post-utme now, I guess cut-offs will generally be higher for all courses
Re: Is Geology The Toughest Course To Study In Nigeria ? by Danthesage(m): 9:53pm On Jun 04, 2016
YOLO1:

sir, have you graduated?
Re: Is Geology The Toughest Course To Study In Nigeria ? by YOLO1(m): 11:25pm On Jun 04, 2016
Danthesage:

sir, have you graduated?
Yeah. Years ago
Re: Is Geology The Toughest Course To Study In Nigeria ? by cruz97(m): 12:12am On Jun 05, 2016
Uniosun ke? Geology is a no go area here o,na hell fire
Re: Is Geology The Toughest Course To Study In Nigeria ? by Mediapace: 12:23am On Jun 05, 2016
Why bro expantiate
cruz97:
Uniosun ke? Geology is a no go area here o,na hell fire
Re: Is Geology The Toughest Course To Study In Nigeria ? by cruz97(m): 12:26am On Jun 05, 2016
Mediapace:
Why bro expantiate
extra year is a normal thing here
Re: Is Geology The Toughest Course To Study In Nigeria ? by Mediapace: 12:33am On Jun 05, 2016
'll be glad if you can answer these ques,my bros picked your schl :
*ARE YOU A GEOLOGY STUDENT
*when last was 1st class recorded in uniosun in geology dept
*Like how many people do you think are in that dept in uniosun
*DO UNIOSUN HAVE enough pratical equipment for geology
*Among physics maths geography & chem,which one constitute of Geology most
*How many students graduate per year in geology dept in u.osun?
*can you study geology without proper background in physics?
cruz97:
extra year is a normal thing here
Re: Is Geology The Toughest Course To Study In Nigeria ? by Geofavor(m): 6:36am On Jun 05, 2016
oluwasunshine:

Good AM, ma'am. If Geology is her first love, she should go for it. There is no guarantee that Geography won't be tougher.

Circumstances are what make some courses seem tough in Nigeria. So long as one is interested, Learning ought to be fun, irrespective of the course.

She'll be fine if she can make her school enviroment suitable for herself.

My regards to your sis.
Re: Is Geology The Toughest Course To Study In Nigeria ? by haryomikun(m): 1:41pm On Jun 07, 2016
Geography or geology sir, let her go for what she can cope with and has passion for.
She also needs to have an idea of the brochure of both so she won't be confused as to what each course entails.

Types of Students You Find in Off Campus Hostels

(1) (Reply)

Admission Into Command Secondary School 2019/2020 / Oversea Study Agents In Nigeria. Emion Placement Resources Ltd. / Unizik Email Address

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.