Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,691 members, 7,955,604 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:34 AM

"You Took Away My Worth": A Rape Victim Delivers Powerful Message To Rapist - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / "You Took Away My Worth": A Rape Victim Delivers Powerful Message To Rapist (805 Views)

Stainless Precious Rape Joke: Ogechi Stella Njoku, Rape Victim Slams Comedian / 8-Year-Old Rape Victim Dies Of Infection In Lagos (Photos) / Rapist And Bike Thief Caught In Anambra This Morning - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"You Took Away My Worth": A Rape Victim Delivers Powerful Message To Rapist by davereal(m): 10:28pm On Jun 04, 2016
After sentencing Mr Turner for raping a lady, she said this to him: "You took away my worth, my privacy, my energy, my time, my intimacy, my confidence, my own voice, until today, The damage is done, no one can undo it. And now we both have a choice. We can let this destroy us, I can remain angry and hurt and you can be in denial, or we can face it head on, I accept the pain, you accept the punishment, and we move on.”

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/06/04/you-took-away-my-worth-a-rape-victim-delivers-powerful-message-to-a-former-stanford-swimmer/?tid=sm_tw

Let's support as well as take actions to eradicate all social menace against women such as rape, domestic violence against women, child marriage/trafficking, FGM, etc. Support David! Support CAGE- Community Awareness on Gender Equality. Support the realization of Sustainable Development Goal Five #SDGs 5 - Achieve Gender Equality and Empower all Women and Girls.
Re: "You Took Away My Worth": A Rape Victim Delivers Powerful Message To Rapist by VaginaTerrorist(m): 11:36pm On Jun 04, 2016
Isssorite

(1) (Reply)

Abortion: Court Remands Boyfriend, Friend For Teenager’s Death / I Slept With 40 Men A Day – 64-yr-old Prostitute Who Never Misses Church Tells H / Man Caught Wife And Her Lover In Their Matrimonial Bed (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.