Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,484 members, 7,819,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Arrest Kidnappers Of Igbo Traders, Obong Of Calabar Tells Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arrest Kidnappers Of Igbo Traders, Obong Of Calabar Tells Police (16462 Views)

Obong Of Calabar Is Eager To See Nnamdi Kanu / Osinbajo Conferred With Highest Chieftaincy Title In Calabar By Obong Of Calabar / Police Arrest Kidnappers Of Sani Bello, Recover N250k (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arrest Kidnappers Of Igbo Traders, Obong Of Calabar Tells Police by kayfra: 2:03am On Jun 05, 2016
The Obong of Calabar, Ekpo Abasi-Otu V, on Saturday urged the Police in Cross River State to assist in finding those behind the kidnapping of Igbo traders in the state.

He also described the development as an ‘ugly trend.’

The monarch stated this in Calabar when the leadership of Igbo community in the state paid him a courtesy visit in his palace to complain about the situation.

He added that the state known for its peaceful and hospitality nature cannot afford to harbour kidnappers, hence the need for security agencies in the state to curb the ugly trend.

“In the last three months, it looks as if a particular set of kidnappers have targeted the Igbo to carry out their ugly business.

“As a king of the Efik Kingdom, I cannot fold my hands and watch this unfortunate situation to continue. We must look at this issue critically and find a way of curtailing it. These kidnappers are not ghosts, they live among us and we must fish them out to the security agencies,’’ he said.

Speaking, Vice President of the Igbo community in the state, Mr. Rufus Eze, maintained that 80 per cent of kidnapped victims in the state were Igbo traders.

Eze said, “It has become worrisome that the Igbo are the target of the kidnappers. When they kidnap, they will make family members of their victim to go and borrow money, sell his or her belongings to pay ransom. We are appealing to the state government, traditional and religious leaders to help us. We came here to do business and not to be kidnapped and forced to pay ransom.’’

http://www.punchng.com/arrest-kidnappers-igbo-traders-obong-calabar-tells-police/

2 Likes

Re: Arrest Kidnappers Of Igbo Traders, Obong Of Calabar Tells Police by kayfra: 2:05am On Jun 05, 2016
Trouble in paradise. First it was Bayelsa, now it's Cross Rivers. I guess ND are sending a clear message about association with Israel.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arrest Kidnappers Of Igbo Traders, Obong Of Calabar Tells Police by DaBullIT(m): 2:52am On Jun 05, 2016
Dem regular trade mark

grin grin grin grin grin

htwoow

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrest Kidnappers Of Igbo Traders, Obong Of Calabar Tells Police by Nobody: 4:43am On Jun 05, 2016
The two posters above me are yorubaa and love news like this!

I laugh at Hausa-Fulani and yoruba divide and rule tactics...as expected plant discord between Igbos and their SS neighbors, as they fight each other, Hausa-Fulani and yoruba will continue to steal the oil, just as they have been doing for over 50yrs. Any SS or Igbos that falls for this deja vu should be dealt mercilessly with...we should know better by now. They did this in Bayelsa a month, they realize it didn't work...people are now wiser, now they are bringing it closer to the borders of one of the staunchest supporters of Igbos. This evil people will never let us be in peace...Igbos have been living peacefully with Ibibio, Efik, Annang and Ijaws for thousands of years without a single problem, it shall continue to be like that whether you hausa-fulani and yorubaa like it not.

131 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Arrest Kidnappers Of Igbo Traders, Obong Of Calabar Tells Police by Nobody: 5:07am On Jun 05, 2016
IdisuleOurOwn:

[s]

What is this thing saying? It seems the Yorubas are giving you nightmare.

So the ones killed in Bayelsa state are not true?

If it was your family members that was killed, will you say this?

I pray your family members are killed and people say it's a lie. It's divide and rule tactic in order to steal oyel.

Say a big ameen ! [/s]

Yorubaa as expected.

67 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Arrest Kidnappers Of Igbo Traders, Obong Of Calabar Tells Police by Yorubanews: 5:07am On Jun 05, 2016
kayfra:
Trouble in paradise. First it was Bayelsa, now it's Cross Rivers. I guess ND are sending a clear message about association with Israel.

The Osu ezrailites will soon land on this thread to blame Yorubas.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arrest Kidnappers Of Igbo Traders, Obong Of Calabar Tells Police by kayfra: 5:07am On Jun 05, 2016
Intellect20:

I laugh at Hausa-Fulani and yoruba divide and rule tactics...as expected plant discord between Igbos and their SS neighbors, as they fight each other, Hausa-Fulani and yoruba will continue to steal your oil, just as we have been doing for over 50yrs. Any SS or Igbos that falls for this deja vu should be dealt mercilessly. They did this in Bayelsa, they realize it didn't work, now they are bringing it closer to the borders of one of the staunchest supporters of Igbos. This evil people will never let us be in peace...Igbos have been living peacefully with Ibibio, Efik, Annang and Ijaws for thousands of years without a single problem, it shall continue to be like that.

Odenson. Like your rants stops the kidnapping of your fellow jews. Lolz

Siddon dey yarn twetwe

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arrest Kidnappers Of Igbo Traders, Obong Of Calabar Tells Police by Yorubanews: 5:08am On Jun 05, 2016
Intellect20:

Yorubaa as expected.

See them. Dem don start. Leave Yorubas alone.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arrest Kidnappers Of Igbo Traders, Obong Of Calabar Tells Police by Nobody: 5:09am On Jun 05, 2016
kayfra:
[s]

Odenson. Like your rants stops the kidnap of your fellow jews. Lolz

Siddon dey yarn twetwe [/s]

Yorubaa...go away!

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arrest Kidnappers Of Igbo Traders, Obong Of Calabar Tells Police by Yorubanews: 5:09am On Jun 05, 2016
Intellect20:

I laugh at Hausa-Fulani and yoruba divide and rule tactics...as expected plant discord between Igbos and their SS neighbors, as they fight each other, Hausa-Fulani and yoruba will continue to steal your oil, just as we have been doing for over 50yrs. Any SS or Igbos that falls for this deja vu should be dealt mercilessly. They did this in Bayelsa, they realize it didn't work, now they are bringing it closer to the borders of one of the staunchest supporters of Igbos. This evil people will never let us be in peace...Igbos have been living peacefully with Ibibio, Efik, Annang and Ijaws for thousands of years without a single problem, it shall continue to be like that.

Lol how did Yorubas manage to enter this news? You people have a problem.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arrest Kidnappers Of Igbo Traders, Obong Of Calabar Tells Police by kayfra: 5:10am On Jun 05, 2016
Intellect20:

Yorubaa...go away!

Dodoyo grin grin

Better beg Obong to holla at the cops on your behalf.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arrest Kidnappers Of Igbo Traders, Obong Of Calabar Tells Police by Yorubanews: 5:10am On Jun 05, 2016
Ask your Ibo neighbor, have you blamed Yoruba today?

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arrest Kidnappers Of Igbo Traders, Obong Of Calabar Tells Police by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 6:26am On Jun 05, 2016
Intellect20:

Yorubaa as expected.

Keep on screaming Yoruba because anyone that goes contrary to your opinion must be one.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arrest Kidnappers Of Igbo Traders, Obong Of Calabar Tells Police by ckmayoca: 6:35am On Jun 05, 2016
The first person to get to a thread and turn it to tribal war is the most foolish person on the thread and the person the responds to such person is an idiot. Haba! It's so sad seing shits like that everyday on Nairaland when u guys are not kids.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arrest Kidnappers Of Igbo Traders, Obong Of Calabar Tells Police by Vulu: 6:48am On Jun 05, 2016
IdisuleOurOwn:

What is this thing saying? It seems the Yorubas are giving you nightmare.

So the ones killed in Bayelsa state are not true?

If it was your family members that was killed, will you say this?

I pray your family members are killed and people say it's a lie. It's divide and rule tactic in order to steal oyel.

Say a big ameen !

But your muslim yoruba people like kayfra and other goons interpretes (or wants us to interprete) the kidnapping of businessmen by miscreants in the SS as "SS hating Igbos and Biafra". grin

Why you yorubas dey like this? Shey na oil dey cause all these madness? Una go run mad for SE and SS matter o. grin

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Arrest Kidnappers Of Igbo Traders, Obong Of Calabar Tells Police by ORACLE1975(m): 8:09am On Jun 05, 2016
BETTER
Re: Arrest Kidnappers Of Igbo Traders, Obong Of Calabar Tells Police by Akshow: 8:10am On Jun 05, 2016
The igbos are persecuted anywhere they go, from lagoon threat in Lagos, to kidnapping in Calabar, and beheading in kano. Honestly, they should let this people go. They have valid reasons for wanting out. Any system that oppress a people will not last. My two cents

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arrest Kidnappers Of Igbo Traders, Obong Of Calabar Tells Police by olanshile2016(m): 8:11am On Jun 05, 2016
#SayNoToTribalism#

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrest Kidnappers Of Igbo Traders, Obong Of Calabar Tells Police by Siberia101: 8:12am On Jun 05, 2016
Re: Arrest Kidnappers Of Igbo Traders, Obong Of Calabar Tells Police by iyb(m): 8:12am On Jun 05, 2016
Igbos are being kidnapped. This is a bad development I thought they are usually the ones doing the kidnapping. Eyya bush meat Don wise up he is now the hunter

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrest Kidnappers Of Igbo Traders, Obong Of Calabar Tells Police by VivaDeAngelo(m): 8:14am On Jun 05, 2016
With the current happenings in Nigeria,one cannot help but wonder if a subtle war has been declared against the ingenuous people of Igbo.

Igbos should better wake up as well as brace themselves up of what lies ahead...!!!

However,on the issue at hand,if you ask me if hausa-fulani gang up is responsible for this,I will answer in the AFFIRMATIVE!!!

3 Likes

Re: Arrest Kidnappers Of Igbo Traders, Obong Of Calabar Tells Police by Nobody: 8:17am On Jun 05, 2016
kayfra:
Akwa ibom/Calabar people have been neighbours with the Igbos(Abia State area) for centuries and they stood beside their Igbo neighbours during the civil war.
So your divide and conquer is DEAD ON ARRIVAL.. sorry try again.
@topic, Nice on Obong, may you live long and healthy.
This is a matured monarch unlike the One who are threatned by the Eze Ndi Igbo in their domain.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrest Kidnappers Of Igbo Traders, Obong Of Calabar Tells Police by Giyerte(m): 8:18am On Jun 05, 2016
kayfra:
Re: Arrest Kidnappers Of Igbo Traders, Obong Of Calabar Tells Police by Giyerte(m): 8:19am On Jun 05, 2016
Vulu:

But your yoruba people like kayfra and other goons interpretes (or wants us to interprete) the kidnapping of businessmen by miscreants in the as "SS hating Igbos and Biafra". grin

Why you yorubas dey like this? Shey na oil dey cause all these madness? Una go run mad for SE and SS matter o. grin

Which oil south east get?? ?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arrest Kidnappers Of Igbo Traders, Obong Of Calabar Tells Police by okpor2(m): 8:21am On Jun 05, 2016
Intellect20:

I laugh at Hausa-Fulani and yoruba divide and rule tactics...as expected plant discord between Igbos and their SS neighbors, as they fight each other, Hausa-Fulani and yoruba will continue to steal the oil, just as they have been doing for over 50yrs. Any SS or Igbos that falls for this deja vu should be dealt mercilessly. They did this in Bayelsa a month, they realize it didn't work...people are now wiser, now they are bringing it closer to the borders of one of the staunchest supporters of Igbos. This evil people will never let us be in peace...Igbos have been living peacefully with Ibibio, Efik, Annang and Ijaws for thousands of years without a single problem, it shall continue to be like that.
Thousands of years u say?Bros y wered igbos abandned during d civil war by their south south neighbours?wasthat more than a thouisand years ago?Y did d igbos nd their South south neighbours abandone Ojukwu during d electinswen he sught to be d president of Nigeria?Y did d igbos nd d ss abandon Alex Ekweume wen he wanted to be d presidential candidate of pdp in 1999?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arrest Kidnappers Of Igbo Traders, Obong Of Calabar Tells Police by okpor2(m): 8:25am On Jun 05, 2016
Adaure4ever:
Akwa ibom/Calabar people have been neighbours with the Igbos(Abia State area) for centuries and they stood beside their Igbo neighbours during the civil war.
So your divide and conquer is DEAD ON ARRIVAL.. sorry try again.
@topic, Nice on Obong, may you live long and healthy.
This is a matured monarch unlike the One who are threatned by the Eze Ndi Igbo in their domain.
bros which civil war are u talking about?is it d 1966 to 1970 own?Igbos neva had d support of d south south as a group.just a handful individual ss persn supprted biafra.just like sme ae supprtin apc nd Buhari now.Igbs support pple as their pockets feel

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrest Kidnappers Of Igbo Traders, Obong Of Calabar Tells Police by Nobody: 8:30am On Jun 05, 2016
Sai BaBa
Re: Arrest Kidnappers Of Igbo Traders, Obong Of Calabar Tells Police by Nobody: 8:37am On Jun 05, 2016
okpor2:
which civil war are u talking about?is it d 1966 to 1970 own?Igbos neva had d support of d south south as a group.just a handful individual ss persn supprted biafra.just like sme ae supprtin apc nd Buhari now.Igbs support pple as their pockets feel
I am talking about Akwa ibom/Calabar relationship with the Abia Igbos historically.
There is even a river in calabar called "QUA IBOE".
I am not here for the whole South South argument. Abeg. Just get my point or read my post gently.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrest Kidnappers Of Igbo Traders, Obong Of Calabar Tells Police by Nobody: 8:42am On Jun 05, 2016
okpor2:
Thousands of years u say? y wered igbos abandned during d civil war by their south south neighbours?wasthat more than a thouisand years ago?Y did d igbos nd their South south neighbours abandone Ojukwu during d electinswen he sught to be d president of Nigeria?Y did d igbos nd d ss abandon Alex Ekweume wen he wanted to be d presidential candidate of pdp in 1999?
the discussion here is about the Akwa ibom/Calabars only.
Don't mix the the thread up with Archaic postulations.

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ekiti Assembly Suspends Sunday Akinniyi, Chief Whip For Sleeping / Obasanjo Expends N1bn To Resolve Crisis In Ogun Community / Abuja Residents Shocked By Sudden Demolition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.