Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,627 members, 7,813,066 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

Couple Lose Baby At 32 Weeks And Doctors Say Wife’s Womb Must Be Removed! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Couple Lose Baby At 32 Weeks And Doctors Say Wife’s Womb Must Be Removed! (1011 Views)

Man Connived With Doctor To Remove His Wife's Womb, When She Found, She Did This / Photo Of A Mother Smoking And Breastfeeding Her Baby At The Same Time / Pastor Tackles Lagos Hospital For Removing Wife’s Womb (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Couple Lose Baby At 32 Weeks And Doctors Say Wife’s Womb Must Be Removed! by Oilandgas1(m): 2:46am On Jun 05, 2016
PLEASE PRAY FOR THIS FAMILY!!!

My wife had a uterus rupture at 32wks pregnancy. An emergency c- section was performed on her to remove d baby. My baby boy was already dead frm d rupture. During operation the surgeon called me into d theatre and told me my wife has ADENOMYOSIS that he will have to remove her womb, I cried, couple with d fact that I had already been crying and begging everyone in the hospital to donate blood for my wife. This was around 2am of 20/5/2016. I told the surgeon not to remove my wife’s womb coz she has never given birth b4, neither have I. The lost pregnancy was our first. We have always known my wife had fibroid, but this new one called adenomyosis is what I was just hearing for the first time. The surgeon then explained to me that if he leaves the womb and at all my wife takes in she will have to come live in the hospital when the pregnancy is 20wks till the baby is born, and that they will remove the baby at 30wks. I said that was a better option, so we agreed on that. We were discharged 3days later. After about 6days my wife started crying of stomach pain, as in very severe pains. I rushed her back to the hospital, and behold the only option they have given us now is that they have to perform a surgery and remove her womb. Me and my wife are still not agreeing to it. But my wife is in serious pains and they are just managing her with painkillers and antibiotics. We believe God will not 4get us at this moment, we are praying and believing God for a miracle. The Doctors too have not ruled out the possibility of a miracle happening that’s why they are also giving us time to make our decision. Please I need the prayers of every blog visitor, please pray for my wife to be restored. We are even considering taking her abroad. Does anyone know where this adenomyosis is being treated? Please I need your help and most of all I need your prayers.
Re: Couple Lose Baby At 32 Weeks And Doctors Say Wife’s Womb Must Be Removed! by simababe(f): 2:49am On Jun 05, 2016
May God heal and touch the wife's womb. Amen
Re: Couple Lose Baby At 32 Weeks And Doctors Say Wife’s Womb Must Be Removed! by Oilandgas1(m): 2:49am On Jun 05, 2016
It is well wit ha, God wil surely do wonders in ha life n she wil leave to carry ha babies alife.
Re: Couple Lose Baby At 32 Weeks And Doctors Say Wife’s Womb Must Be Removed! by asadike(f): 4:00am On Jun 05, 2016
Your location pls? The only help i know now is in Anambra. pls pm me if u possibly can.
Re: Couple Lose Baby At 32 Weeks And Doctors Say Wife’s Womb Must Be Removed! by berryprety(f): 4:02am On Jun 05, 2016
most merciful Jesus I trust in u. pls come to their aid and heal her . Amen.
Re: Couple Lose Baby At 32 Weeks And Doctors Say Wife’s Womb Must Be Removed! by nigerianngo: 5:52am On Jun 05, 2016
May God take control of this situation
Re: Couple Lose Baby At 32 Weeks And Doctors Say Wife’s Womb Must Be Removed! by nigerianngo: 5:53am On Jun 05, 2016
asadike:
Your location pls? The only help i know now is in Anambra. pls pm me if u possibly can.

The story was first shared on Stella's Blog. Please contact Stella if you want to help.

http://www.stelladimokokorkus.com/2016/06/couple-lose-baby-at-32-weeks-and.html?m=1
Re: Couple Lose Baby At 32 Weeks And Doctors Say Wife’s Womb Must Be Removed! by yomi007k(m): 6:46am On Jun 05, 2016
Hysterectomey(removal of the uterus) is one of the treatment of Uterine rupture.

We only pray not to see such but there is nothing one can do.
Re: Couple Lose Baby At 32 Weeks And Doctors Say Wife’s Womb Must Be Removed! by asadike(f): 7:32am On Jun 05, 2016
nigerianngo:

The story was first shared on Stella's Blog. Please contact Stella if you want to help.

http://www.stelladimokokorkus.com/2016/06/couple-lose-baby-at-32-weeks-and.html?m=1
I will do just that
Re: Couple Lose Baby At 32 Weeks And Doctors Say Wife’s Womb Must Be Removed! by nobilis: 7:37am On Jun 05, 2016
Please this couple shouldn't allow themselves to be deceived by all these people who wish to have solutions. They will just collect ur money and just postpone the D day.

Had it been it was only uterine rupture, it could have been closed up, depending on the extent, and then subsequent pregnancies could have been monitored closely 24/7 with the added risk of all future pregnancies being through CS.
(though, I'm still wondering what will cause rupture at 32 weeks).

But this is adenomyosis we're talking about here. If the womb is not removed, it may be a constant cause for concern for u and ur wife and u guys may never have peace of mind owing to the myriad complications that arise from this condition. And Adenomyosis itself is a risk factor for infertility.

There are many options now for couples to have children of their own even when circumstances like this beset them. It's just that these options are expensive.

Miracles happen though. But I want u to beware of those offering to have alternative solutions.

3 Likes

Re: Couple Lose Baby At 32 Weeks And Doctors Say Wife’s Womb Must Be Removed! by ChelseaDr(m): 8:04am On Jun 05, 2016
Adenomyosis is when the tissues covering the inner aspects of the womb (endometrial tissues) is found within the muscles of the womb. It occurs in women of reproductive age group, rare before puberty and after menopause.

The main cause is unknown but a lot of factors have been attributed to it including hormonal factors, immunological factors, metaplasia (I.e. conversion of one type of tissue into another), retrograde menstruation, narrowing of the mouth of the womb (cervical stenosis), etc.

It can be very distressing, causes abnormal vaginal bleeding, severe menstrual and lower abdominal pain, severe pain during intercourse and infertility.

For your wife to have had uterine rupture at 32 weeks means it has severely eaten up the muscles of the womb such that it could no longer sustain the growing baby hence it gave way via rupture (breakage/tear).

If by God's grace she gets pregnant again the rupture will happen at an earlier time less than 32 weeks, and may be more "dangerous" than the first, hence the doctor's suggestion of delivering the baby at 30 weeks.

Removing the womb is NOT the definitive cure except where the lesion is confined to the womb but because endometriosis is capable of affecting different organs in the body including the lungs, liver and brain, it makes removing the womb irrelevant. Endometriosis is when this lining occurs in other structures or tissues outside the womb.

Removing the womb may be helpful if it is at a very early stage, and because she had rupture the lesion may have spread to different parts of the abdomen. Unfortunately she only needs palliation and God's miracle. She doesn't need to go abroad because it will be the same story, so save that money and pray for a miracle. Don't waste your money with native medicine they will not help.

l wish you luck.

(1) (Reply)

Diabetes! Natural Plants That Destroyed Diabetes / Experts Have Discovered That Mosquitoes Love 4 Kinds Of People / I Want To Ask: Why Is That Our Joystick Is Naturally Curved To One Side

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.