Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Are Women Suppose To Be Pastors Or Preachers In Public Places? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Women Suppose To Be Pastors Or Preachers In Public Places? (351 Views)

The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It / Are True Christians Suppose To Participate In Politics? / OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Women Suppose To Be Pastors Or Preachers In Public Places? by onoerime: 6:54am On Jun 05, 2016
There is perhaps no more hotly debated issue in the church today than the issue of women serving as pastors/ preachers. As a result, it is very important to not see this issue as men versus women. There are women who believe women should not serve as pastors and that the Bible places restrictions on the ministry of women, and there are men who believe women can serve as preachers and that there are no restrictions on women in ministry. This is not an issue of chauvinism or discrimination. It is an issue of biblical interpretation. The Word of God proclaims, “A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent” ( 1 Timothy 2:11–12). In the church, God assigns different roles to men and women. This is a result of the way mankind was created and the way in which sin entered the world ( 1 Timothy 2:13–14). God, through the apostle Paul, restricts women from serving in roles of teaching and/or having spiritual authority over men. This precludes women from serving as pastors over men, which definitely includes preaching to them, teaching them publicly, and exercising spiritual authority over them. My question still remains, are women suppose to teach or be pastors?
Re: Are Women Suppose To Be Pastors Or Preachers In Public Places? by Flexherbal(m): 6:56am On Jun 05, 2016
In the kingdom of God, there is neither male nor female.

1 Like

Re: Are Women Suppose To Be Pastors Or Preachers In Public Places? by ettaetta(m): 7:43am On Jun 05, 2016
Before I use to think is not right until i met strong anointed women of God.
Re: Are Women Suppose To Be Pastors Or Preachers In Public Places? by Baawaa(m): 7:50am On Jun 05, 2016
Jesus don't have women as His disciple,
Re: Are Women Suppose To Be Pastors Or Preachers In Public Places? by onoerime: 12:53pm On Jun 05, 2016
wheter strong annoited women of God or not, biblically women has been subjected not to preach in the house of God
Re: Are Women Suppose To Be Pastors Or Preachers In Public Places? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jun 05, 2016
There were women used by God - Miriam, Deborah, were prophets

(1) (Reply)

Is Blasphemy Punishable By Death In Islam? By Dr Pantami / Please Give Me Wisdom / God With Is Infinite Mercy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.