Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,987 members, 7,866,713 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 12:49 AM

Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. - Science/Technology (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. (106303 Views)

See Power Innovations That Can Solve The Electricity Supply Problem In Nigeria / 10 Amazing Things We’ve Learned About The Solar System In 2016 / Scientist Have Found A Way To Recycle Sunlight — Good News For Solar Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by ceelog(m): 9:58pm On Sep 17, 2016
anochuks08:
If you are around Enugu, I ll take a look at your setup to find out whats wrong.

Please do u service inverters? Mine has developed a fault I think
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by darediamond(m): 8:10am On Sep 20, 2016
rison:

07039229299 call my no.. Ive a ground breaking dscovery

Share it here friend.
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by coolchifx(m): 5:45pm On Oct 03, 2016
You can make as much as N40k on your 200Ah used, bad/condemned inverter batteries. call or what app -08125203137 0r 08038105574(T&C apply)

Other Prices (Inverter Batteries)
150Ah - N25,000
100Ah - N18,000

For 2v (ATM) Batteries
1500Ah - N65,000
1000Ah - N40,000
500Ah - N18,000

For Car/ Trailer Batteries:
200 Ah - N28,000
100 Ah - N12000
75Ah - N8000
65Ah - N7500
45Ah - N5000

For Ups Batteries:

17Ah- N1500
12Ah - N1000
9Ah - N700

Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by Jafar777: 7:53pm On Oct 11, 2016
Updated.
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by doskie(m): 9:51am On Oct 12, 2016
Jafar777:

thank you sir
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by pragmatistm(m): 5:02am On Dec 13, 2016
People, can one use solar system for pumping machine? If so, how?
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by chris81964(m): 6:59am On Dec 13, 2016
pragmatistm:
Yes you can.
Watch my video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iJduF0rtpI

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by anochuks08(m): 8:54am On Dec 14, 2016
pragmatistm:
I use pumping machine on mine. No problem whatsoever
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by pragmatistm(m): 6:05pm On Dec 16, 2016
anochuks08:
I use pumping machine on mine. No problem whatsoever
Kindly let me know, how did you do it? What type of pumping machine did you use?
What size of batteries and solar panels are you using?
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by pragmatistm(m): 6:18pm On Dec 16, 2016
chris81964:

Yes you can.
Watch my video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iJduF0rtpI
Kindly let me know, how did you do it? What type of pumping machine did you use?
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by anochuks08(m): 6:19pm On Dec 16, 2016
pragmatistm:
I use 0.5hp (370w) submersible pump (popularly called sumo) 3kva 48v inverter, 800w solar panels, 100ah 48v battery bank. During the day, the machine pumps 500gallon gp tank from empty to full around 20mins to 25mins and there is no strain in battery bank as battery will still be nearfull after pumping.
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by manmidtexy(m): 8:47am On Dec 17, 2016
i will suggest a brand from USA you capable of DC / AC powering simultaneously.

This is the current project we doing for fish farmers and irrigation farmers that needs pumping of water daily without waiting for Nationak Grid or wasting much money on Fuel.

For more rich detailed advice.

Call me - 08024557715
whatsapp - 08064721908.

pragmatistm:
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by pragmatistm(m): 4:01pm On Dec 17, 2016
anochuks08:
I use 0.5hp (370w) submersible pump (popularly called sumo) 3kva 48v inverter, 800w solar panels, 100ah 48v battery bank. During the day, the machine pumps 500gallon gp tank from empty to full around 20mins to 25mins and there is no strain in battery bank as battery will still be nearfull after pumping.
OK. How much is the inverter and the water pump? How many units of 100Ah battery and what brand?
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by pragmatistm(m): 4:03pm On Dec 17, 2016
manmidtexy:
i will suggest a brand from USA you capable of DC / AC powering simultaneously.

This is the current project we doing for fish farmers and irrigation farmers that needs pumping of water daily without waiting for Nationak Grid or wasting much money on Fuel.

For more rich detailed advice.

Call me - 08024557715
whatsapp - 08064721908.

Ok.

Expect my WhatsApp.
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by anochuks08(m): 5:22pm On Dec 17, 2016
pragmatistm:
OK. How much is the inverter and the water pump? How many units of 100Ah battery and what brand?
I guess we should take the discussion off thread so as not to derail. You can get water pump around 35k to 40k. 3kva inverter is around 70 to 80k. 4 units of 100ah motoma batteries
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by pragmatistm(m): 5:46pm On Dec 17, 2016
anochuks08:
I guess we should take the discussion off thread so as not to derail. You can get water pump around 35k to 40k. 3kva inverter is around 70 to 80k. 4 units of 100ah motoma batteries
Thanks for the info.
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by pragmatistm(m): 5:52pm On Dec 17, 2016
Actually I'm planning to be power independent in my house. But as an electrical engineer myself I know that the limitations of solar system has to do with high power-consuming devices such as electric iron, cooker, etc. Right now my house is not connected to the public power supply but I use my solar system for only lights and sometimes TV.

Now I want to know if there is any low power electric iron available in the Nigerian market. I need to get one just as I'm planning to get the 0.5Hp pumping machine suggested by one of you guys here.
Anybody with useful information can respond thanks.
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by CoolKizzy(m): 12:20am On Dec 18, 2016
thanks all, I know I can always count on your advice and help.
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by ceaser: 8:17am On Dec 26, 2016
pragmatistm:
Actually I'm planning to be power independent in my house. But as an electrical engineer myself I know that the limitations of solar system has to do with high power-consuming devices such as electric iron, cooker, etc. Right now my house is not connected to the public power supply but I use my solar system for only lights and sometimes TV.

Now I want to know if there is any low power electric iron available in the Nigerian market. I need to get one just as I'm planning to get the 0.5Hp pumping machine suggested by one of you guys here.

12 volts electric iron are available. They work with your 12volt DC source like deep cycles batteries or even directly plugged into your solar panels.
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by anochuks08(m): 9:00am On Dec 26, 2016
pragmatistm:

I live offgrid too, disconnected from grid and have been offgrid for months now with no intention of going back to grid.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by perloomey(m): 9:25am On Dec 26, 2016
which area do u stay in Lagos
there are a lot of batteries in which they are heavy but it been embedded with clay,u can call me on 08068783141
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by perloomey(m): 9:28am On Dec 26, 2016
actually to save power you can buy 12v DC iron which has a crocodile plug to it and its very cheap
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by perloomey(m): 9:30am On Dec 26, 2016
ceelog:

Please do u service inverters? Mine has developed a fault I think
I repair inverter and also install in mega watts call me for better info 08068783141
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by perloomey(m): 9:34am On Dec 26, 2016
pragmatistm:
there are two types of pumping machine we've DC and ac pumping machine if it its DC u cn use directly with solar panels and if with ac u cn use an inverter to power the pumping machine for more enquiry call or Whatsapp 08068783141
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by battleaxe: 10:05am On Dec 26, 2016
Mr. Pelumi,
Pls stop misleading the newbies on the thread please. A wrong installation can scar people and push them away from RE especially after such an heavy investment.

Can you pls explain how you intend to couple these equipment directly to solar panels without any form of controller or regulator in between?

Pls be factual with people as to requirements. If they cannot afford the minimum requirements yet, then better to advice the. To build it up gradually.

P.S.: I will personally also be interested in knowing how many IPP we have that generate power from solar panels, that are in the MW range.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by perloomey(m): 10:41am On Dec 26, 2016
I'm an installer of solar panels and inverters
let me tell u a story of a man of in which we install solar panels. we helped the man install solar panels if 2700w with 6batteries and a 5.5kva inverter with the best charge controllers not pwm as widely used. his son came from abroad while he was away, throughout the son stay for two weeks he was able to pump water, iron clothes, electric stove, watch TV, fridge and freezer is always on etc.
the son was convinced and thought Nigeria light was good not until his father came and showed him the panels on the roof.
also we've been able to build cars that uses solar panels. think of anything in solar come to us
call or Whatsapp 08068783141

1 Share

Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by perloomey(m): 11:11am On Dec 26, 2016
To generate power in MW range which is a million watts and the highest solar panel have seen is 300w, so we need almost 3400 panels of 300w each
there are many things to be considered while installing even if u no the theory the practical aspect of it is another side entirely
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by pragmatistm(m): 8:15pm On Dec 26, 2016
ceaser:

12 volts electric iron are available. They work with your 12volt DC source like deep cycles batteries or even directly plugged into your solar panels.
Kindly let me know where to get such 12 V electric iron. Like how much does it cost? Thanks.
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by pragmatistm(m): 8:22pm On Dec 26, 2016
anochuks08:
I live offgrid too, disconnected from grid and have been offgrid for months now with no intention of going back to grid.
Do you use high power equipment such as electric iron, cooker and water pump on your solar system? If so, what method did you use and how much did your installation cost?
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by pragmatistm(m): 8:31pm On Dec 26, 2016
anochuks08:
Great. Do you use Ac or DC pump?
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by anochuks08(m): 8:45pm On Dec 26, 2016
pragmatistm:
Great. Do you use Ac or DC pump?
AC
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by perloomey(m): 9:18pm On Dec 26, 2016
pragmatistm:
Kindly let me know where to get such 12 V electric iron. Like how much does it cost? Thanks.
The price ranges from 8000-8500 contact me for more info if you have any questions to ask on call or whatsapp 08068783141

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (29) (Reply)

World’s Largest Crab That Feeds On Birds And Breaks Bones (Pictures) / Importance Of Information And Communications Technology (ICT) / Two Headed Snake Found In India, Baffles Wildlife Experts (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.