Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,869 members, 7,817,566 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Niger Delta Avengers Website Shut! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta Avengers Website Shut! (2013 Views)

Niger Delta Avengers' Website Repossessed By Domain Giant Godaddy. / Niger Delta Avengers Website Blocked / A Publication From Niger Delta Avengers Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Niger Delta Avengers Website Shut! by Nobody: 11:42am On Jun 05, 2016
By Emma Amaize and Brisibe Perez NIGER Delta Avengers , NDA, website, www.nigerdeltavengers.com through which the militant group prolifically promoted its attacks on oil installations in the Niger Delta, especially in the last one month has been brought down.

Vanguard observed, yesterday night, that it was everlastingly out of action and a visit to the site read: “404. That is an error. The requested URL was not found on their server. That’s all we know.”

The problem on the site launched, February 3, was noticed at about 10.00 p.m. It was not, however, certain if the militant group shut down on its own knowing that security agencies were conducting checks on it.

Other channels of communication by the group particularly its Twitter handle, @Niger Delta Avengers which had over 1000 followers in less than a week and its Facebook page, ND avengers are still on as at 9:35a.m on Sunday.

The group has not made any statement on the new development

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/niger-delta-avengers-website-shut/

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Website Shut! by Nobody: 11:45am On Jun 05, 2016
They have made their point and the way other militants are coming out everyday, i dont think there is need for them to continue.
Unless they want to Lunch Attack Part 2

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Website Shut! by Nobody: 11:45am On Jun 05, 2016
The problem on the site launched, February 3, was noticed at about 10.00p.m. It was not, however, certain if the militant group shut down on its own knowing that security agencies were conducting checks on it

I am still resolute on the verdict that a placid colloquium should be conducted between FG and the Avengers to enable them to explicitly express their grievances and perceived resentments. So that FG can help resolve it amicably.

Making attempts to deploy military operatives with manifold arsenals to “crush” them will also victimize the innocent villagers, in particular, women, children, and the old is presaged to suffer most.

FG should adopt a Tactful gimmick.

3 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Website Shut! by TippyTop(m): 11:46am On Jun 05, 2016
What's more deadly, their website or their bombs?

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Website Shut! by kkkp: 11:48am On Jun 05, 2016
Everything has been settled
Re: Niger Delta Avengers Website Shut! by richidinho(m): 11:54am On Jun 05, 2016
They are fighting for our freedom,
USND
Re: Niger Delta Avengers Website Shut! by otukpo(f): 11:58am On Jun 05, 2016
How did they allow this to happen? grin
Re: Niger Delta Avengers Website Shut! by Armaggedon: 12:03pm On Jun 05, 2016
How will the shuting of their website stop them from carrying out more attacks?

They will soon launch another site, announce it via their twitter handle and start their attacks with renewed vigor

4 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Website Shut! by isaco(m): 12:05pm On Jun 05, 2016
Really
Re: Niger Delta Avengers Website Shut! by ruggedchap: 12:07pm On Jun 05, 2016
grin

You can open a thousand sites in 1 week, so no biggie. Though I think they need to calm down and stop the sabotage....
Re: Niger Delta Avengers Website Shut! by adadadon(m): 12:12pm On Jun 05, 2016
AZeD1:

It doesn't matter if it is hosted on Digital Ocean or Rackspace, all the FG needs to do is say they are terrorist and their account would be deleted.
Deleted by whom?

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Website Shut! by AZeD1(m): 12:13pm On Jun 05, 2016
adadadon:

Deleted by whom?
The hosting companies.
Re: Niger Delta Avengers Website Shut! by modath(f): 12:13pm On Jun 05, 2016
Armaggedon:
How will the shuting of their website stop them from carrying out more attacks?

They will soon launch another site, announce it via their twitter handle and start their attacks with renewed vigor

If they can no longer publicise their deeds, their sympathizers and supporters will lose morale then the whole agitation will peter off, No command base, loss of value..

There are many ways to skin a cat, (even a cat with 10 lives)....The twitter handle may be taken down too soon, i guess......

NDA and their sponsor go taya....

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Website Shut! by ruggedchap: 12:15pm On Jun 05, 2016
modath:

If they can no longer publicise their deeds, their sympathizers and supporters will lose morale then the whole agitation will peter off, No command base, loss of value..

There are many ways to skin a cat, (even a cat with 10 lives)....The twitter handle may be taken down too soon, i guess......

Think like the 21st century man, you cannot stop any group from using the internet to spread their hate or ideology, they will simply go underground which is worse because you suddenly will not be able to monitor them.

6 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Website Shut! by iflywithbuhari(f): 12:19pm On Jun 05, 2016
The website was an ill conceived move. What's the need of advertising your work. Your work will speak volumes of you. Trying to be ISIS is so silly and foolish.

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Website Shut! by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jun 05, 2016
modath:

This movement by the NDA should not be appraised as a mere group prevailing because of an exiguous quantum of affluence individuals. their ideology seems logical, and as a result of that, people are buying their “justified” mutiny and it is aggrandising by the day.

FG should tactle this amicably now before it deteriorates.
Re: Niger Delta Avengers Website Shut! by Armaggedon: 12:22pm On Jun 05, 2016
modath:

shebi u follow for pple wey get brain

the problem with u deluded zombies is that u think ur Federal govt is God. Watch and see

3 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Website Shut! by iflywithbuhari(f): 12:23pm On Jun 05, 2016
modath:

FARC in Colombia has no twitter handle or website, yet they are still existing. The numerous drug cartels in south America have no social network instruments, yet they make billions every year. If NDA know what they are doing, they will just resort to old school style of information dissemination. Just because you want them to disappear, doesn't mean they'll just dissipate.

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Website Shut! by jamesibor: 12:25pm On Jun 05, 2016
modath:

And they told u they were carrying out their activities to gain sympathisers?

They do not need to publicise their activities by way of putting it online. Their activities are already publicising themselves. When you don't get electric supply and no forex.......body go yell u say NDA dey perform.

They need to chill down though cos na all of us dey suffer am but Buhari remains the most divisive president in the history of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Website Shut! by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jun 05, 2016
richidinho:

When are you joining them? grin

read the post again lol

long live

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Website Shut! by SuperS1Panther: 12:28pm On Jun 05, 2016
That is not a problem now. The website maybe down, but Vanguard is still there for them.

Has Vanguard stoppedbeing the megaphone of ND Scavengers, secessinists, biafraudsters, Ipods and hating Wailers?

I will take the news serious the day Vanguard stopped being the megaphones of the above.
Re: Niger Delta Avengers Website Shut! by webcalculator(m): 12:29pm On Jun 05, 2016
Here is their website http://nigerdeltaavengers..com.ng/?m=1
I think they didn't configure the custom URL well. Not shut anyway
Re: Niger Delta Avengers Website Shut! by Nature8(m): 12:44pm On Jun 05, 2016
?
Re: Niger Delta Avengers Website Shut! by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jun 05, 2016
webcalculator:
Here is their website http://nigerdeltaavengers..com.ng/?m=1
I think they didn't configure the custom URL well. Not shut anyway
Distortion and Canard. the one stated by Vanguard is valid by evaluating it via Google. or you saying google failed to ascertain the “error”?.

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Website Shut! by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jun 05, 2016
Re: Niger Delta Avengers Website Shut! by giftft(f): 12:53pm On Jun 05, 2016
NDA must have done something, maybe going to a self host
Re: Niger Delta Avengers Website Shut! by modath(f): 1:00pm On Jun 05, 2016
blueto:

This movement by the NDA should not be appraised as a mere group prevailing because of an exiguous quantum of affluence individuals. their ideology seems logical, and as a result of this, people are buying their “justified” mutiny and it is aggrandising by the day.

FG should tactle this amicably now before it deteriorates.

I just need you to outline how their central demand- on which they claim to hinge their agitation on- which is true federalism/regional control will be acceded to...

I support totally the idea of each region taking care of its people and only supporting the centre but i am a realist, but do you really see that happening amicably?

@ruggedchap ,

I can see engaging you will turn into a long drawn out and pointless debate but i have to still make this point, go and read up about serial killers who believe they aren't getting enough public attention or validation...

Terrorism is synonymous with fear, how can you get people to fear you if you don't show off the "kill" ?

This scavengers know if they don't publicise these incidents themselves, FG and the companies won't..

(1) (2)

Busted! President Buhari Is In Saudi Arabia Not London- UK Journalist / Full Text Of Audio Calling On Northern Youths To Attack Igbos On October 1st / How Can This Be The Nigerian President?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.