Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,782 members, 7,817,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Extend Clean-up To Other Communities – Ijaw Youths Tell Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Extend Clean-up To Other Communities – Ijaw Youths Tell Buhari (825 Views)

Join Us Build Nigeria, It Is Not Too Late – Arewa Youths Tell Nnamdi Kanu / Ignore IPOB, You Are Safe In The North - Arewa Youths Tell Igbos / Ijaw Youths Disrupt Tompolo’s 46th Birthday Party, Guests Escape Via Windows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Extend Clean-up To Other Communities – Ijaw Youths Tell Buhari by osinbanjoisaliar: 1:19pm On Jun 05, 2016
The Ijaw Youth Council (IYC) on Saturday,
applauded the Federal Government for the
commencement of the implementation of the
United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
report on the clean-up of Ogoni Land.
The IYC made the commendation in a statement
issued by its spokesman, Mr Eric Omare and
made available to News Agency of Nigeria (NAN)
in Yenagoa.
The youth group also urged the Federal
Government to extend the gesture to other Niger
Delta communities adversely affected by oil and
gas exploration.
The IYC noted that the formal inauguration was a
practical demonstration of political will to
implement the UNEP report on Ogoni by the
highest political authority.
“We are of the view that irrespective of the fact
that funds have not been released for the
purpose, the effort is nevertheless commendable.
“The government is advised to immediately take
concrete actions by awarding the relevant
contracts and release funds for the actual clean-
up to start without delay.
“We express our strong solidarity with the Ogoni
nation and salute the courage of fallen and living
heroes of the Ogoni struggle such as Ken Saro-
Wiwa, the Ogoni 9, Ledum Mittee and others.
“This effort by government clearly shows that
their sacrifices were not in vain and it is also the
triumph of non-violence struggle.
“We recommend the Ogoni example to other
Niger Delta people and communities,” the
statement read in part.
According to IYC, the Ogoni clean-up should be
used as a starting point to clean-up the entire
Niger Delta region.
IYC maintained that the entire Niger Delta
environment “is polluted and in need of urgent
clean-up to provide sustenance and livelihood to
the Niger Delta people’’. (NAN)
http://dailypost.ng/2016/06/05/extend-clean-up-to-other-communities-ijaw-youths-tell-buhari/
Re: Extend Clean-up To Other Communities – Ijaw Youths Tell Buhari by QuotaSystem: 1:24pm On Jun 05, 2016
Keep blowing up pipelines and encouraging your brothers to destroy the environment.

Buhari is coming with a broom and mop to clean it all up.
Re: Extend Clean-up To Other Communities – Ijaw Youths Tell Buhari by stepo707: 1:26pm On Jun 05, 2016
Who cleanup don epp?
Re: Extend Clean-up To Other Communities – Ijaw Youths Tell Buhari by TippyTop(m): 1:27pm On Jun 05, 2016
United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
Some silly Nairalanders think it was Buhari who initiated the clean up.

1 Like

Re: Extend Clean-up To Other Communities – Ijaw Youths Tell Buhari by gigabyte13: 1:30pm On Jun 05, 2016
Which clean up Common keeping bombing the pipelines and lets see who suffer the consequences.

Una shit dey find who go help una clean yansh. Thunder fire you guys over there.

1 Like

Re: Extend Clean-up To Other Communities – Ijaw Youths Tell Buhari by gigabyte13: 1:33pm On Jun 05, 2016
TippyTop:

SO what was the document doing on the table of otuoke Jesus for 6 solid years May God in his mercy give you brain and not big head alone

7 Likes

Re: Extend Clean-up To Other Communities – Ijaw Youths Tell Buhari by Jirate(m): 1:38pm On Jun 05, 2016
QuotaSystem:
Yes. Keep blowing up pipelines and destroying the environment.

Buhari is coming.

Coming to do What? Cleaning or Fighting?
Re: Extend Clean-up To Other Communities – Ijaw Youths Tell Buhari by ramdris(m): 2:06pm On Jun 05, 2016
Sure he will; but he will patiently wait for u dummies to finish blowing up all the pipelines before work will commence...

BTW: why was same request not made to GEJ?
Re: Extend Clean-up To Other Communities – Ijaw Youths Tell Buhari by 201320142015ob(m): 2:10pm On Jun 05, 2016
Guys I am so happy and proud of myself and I thought I should share this with you!!! Today I saw myself on TV, when I switched it off.
Re: Extend Clean-up To Other Communities – Ijaw Youths Tell Buhari by BiafranPrince: 2:37pm On Jun 05, 2016
201320142015ob:
Guys I am so happy and proud of myself and I thought I should share this with you!!! Today I saw myself on TV, when I switched it off.

Crap.
Re: Extend Clean-up To Other Communities – Ijaw Youths Tell Buhari by drey076(m): 2:41pm On Jun 05, 2016
gigabyte13:

SO what was the document doing on the table of otuoke Jesus for 6 solid years May God in his mercy give you brain and not big head alone
grin grin
Re: Extend Clean-up To Other Communities – Ijaw Youths Tell Buhari by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:03pm On Jun 05, 2016
TippyTop:

And some foöls support Jona on Niger Delta for failing to give just the go-ahead for Ogoniland to be cleaned up.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: Boko Haram Retakes Bosso Town In niger / When You Leave That Position By Acm Olagunju Of Frsc / Buhari Rewarded Founder Of BBOG With Appointment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.