Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,658 members, 7,955,376 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:09 AM

Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes (12429 Views)

20 African Tribes Well-known Around The Globe / The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From / List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by nickxtra(m): 6:39pm On Jun 05, 2016
SonofDevil:

U have comprehension problem the thread says famous not travelled..

Hausa and yorubas re the most famous tribe in west africa because they spread across west african countries as indegene not as a travelers.

Just like zulu thread spread over southern and eastern africa...

Indegenous igbos re only found in Nigeria..
Unlike hausas and yorubas that have indegenous citizen in togo,ghana,benin republic and ivory coast
And more, Yoruba has indigenous people in Cuba, Brazil, Trinidad & Tobago, etc
Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by lisimmo(m): 6:41pm On Jun 05, 2016
Another list found here for the top 20 didn't feature the Igbo

https://ask.naij.com/culture/20-african-tribes-well-known-around-the-globe-i24152.html

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by SonofDevil: 6:42pm On Jun 05, 2016
Ugomba:
leave the girl alone, she destroyed you in argument.. Give it up. You tribalistic ewedu consumer. Mr tribal mark.

Yeah she destroyed me in arguement by answering this question

WHICH. AFRICAN COUNTRY CAN YOU FIND iNDIGENOUS IGBO SPEAKING PEOPLE..??gringringrin

I hope u will destroy me too with the name of the country and the local government they can be found.grincheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jun 05, 2016
lisimmo:

Ah they don come again oh, pulling statistics out of their set shriveled anus. Omenka come and see your folks. They now own Gabon, Sao tome, and Gambia

Ignorance is a disease..

Read and cure yourself

https://www.nairaland.com/3050941/documents-igbos-pictures
Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by SonofDevil: 6:51pm On Jun 05, 2016
nickxtra:
And more, Yoruba has indigenous people in Cuba, Brazil, Trinidad & Tobago, etc
Thanks brogringrin u just rubbed salt on the wound of the frustrated flat- heads

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jun 05, 2016
lisimmo:

https://ask.naij.com/culture/20-african-tribes-well-known-around-the-globe-i24152.html
Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jun 05, 2016
lisimmo:

Thank God igbos are not even in the list cos the list looks like a list of primitive tribes.

To even make it silly, yoruba was made no1. When will you guys stop deceiving yourselves...

A yoruba site make a list and made yoruba the no1 most primitive tribes in africa. People who still complete with wide animals in intelligence...

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3606751_img20150921052004edit_jpeg1e50872f539456818f3b813301de20e3
Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by lisimmo(m): 6:57pm On Jun 05, 2016
xharder:

Ignorance is a disease..

Read and cure yourself

https://www.nairaland.com/3050941/documents-igbos-pictures

Quoting a nairaland document? Guy you're so lame. Give scientific data to your claim.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by lisimmo(m): 7:04pm On Jun 05, 2016
xharder:

Thank God igbos are not even in the list cos the list looks like a list of primitive tribes.

To even make it silly, yoruba was made no1. When will you guys stop deceiving yourselves...

A yoruba site make a list and made yoruba the no1 most primitive tribes in africa. People who still complete with wide animals in intelligence...

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3606751_img20150921052004edit_jpeg1e50872f539456818f3b813301de20e3
Don't take it personal, since it's a primitive list then you shouldn't be pained. Pele but the attachment in your quote spoke of Igbos in Nigeria. Answer sonOfDevils question: 'apart from Nigeria, where else can we find indigenous Igbo?'.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by Dannidom(m): 7:09pm On Jun 05, 2016
@sonofdevil what's this restlessness I'm seeing through your posts?

Are you afraid that this list is falsehood, are you doubting your source and your sense of reasoning

Why dragging a tribe you know nothing about into your delusion

Why don't you go masturbate alone with your ilk alike and stop insulting Igbo before amadioha strikes you down where you stand
Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by Malawian(m): 7:11pm On Jun 05, 2016
SonofDevil:

Frustrated flat headgringrin

What abt the indegenous yorubas in sierra leone,ivory coast, gambia..??
You can lie ehn, so yorubas skipped all of Ghana and jumped over them to become indigenous to sierra leone,ivory coast and gambia? Meen, these guys can attache sha. This was how they used pen and papper to create a mythi al oyo empirebfor themselves. Chai.
Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by SonofDevil: 7:13pm On Jun 05, 2016
Dannidom:
@sonofdevil what's this restlessness I'm seeing through your posts?

Are you afraid that this list is falsehood, are you doubting your source and your sense of reasoning

Why dragging a tribe you know nothing about into your delusion

Why don't you go masturbate alone with your ilk alike and stop insulting Igbo before amadioha strikes you down where you stand

LOL another pained Igbogringrin

I am Son of the Devil. amadioha is my father's(devil)tool..
I will use my fathers tool amadioha to destroy ur generations if u provoke mecheesygrin
Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by ademasta(m): 7:16pm On Jun 05, 2016
Zico5:
Our brothers from the other side of the river could not make the list.
People can use "Irony" sha
Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by ruggedchap: 7:17pm On Jun 05, 2016
Rossikki:
[size=20pt]Why are we still describing ethnic groups, some with populations of 50 million plus, as ''tribes''?

It's mental. Just because white racists described your great ancient nationalities as ''tribes'', doesn't mean you have to continue doing so...[/size]

Well said !
Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by SonofDevil: 7:17pm On Jun 05, 2016
Malawian:

You can lie ehn, so yorubas skipped all of Ghana and jumped over them to become indigenous to sierra leone,ivory coast and gambia? Meen, these guys can attache sha. This was how they used pen and papper to create a mythi al oyo empirebfor themselves. Chai.

LOL readgringrin

The Creoles are primarily Christian, but
some scholars consider the Oku community
of Sierra Leone as 'Creoles'. The Oku or Oku
Mohammedans are known as Oku[7] or Frobe
(Fourah Bay) Krio and are the descendants of
liberated Muslim Africans, who were mostly
Yoruba from what is today Southwest Nigeria
who settled in Freetown in the mid-19th
century.[8] Because the Creoles are a
mixture of various ethnic groups and the
Oku are mainly of Yoruba descent,

You can read fully at this wikipeadia link
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sierra_Leone_Creole_people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jun 05, 2016
Intellect20:
To yorubba OP...keep fooling yourself. Even a cat born in mass knows about The Great Igbo Race! Who knows yorubba? Goodness me!
Google is there 4 u to use. ..we knw dat igbo are indigenous to south eastern nigeria...or do u want to chestbeat? oya continue. .
Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jun 05, 2016
xharder:

Igbos make up 30 percent of cameroonian population,

Equatorial guinea has igbo as an officially recognise language

Gabon as well as sao tome and principie has igbo also as more than 30 to 40% of its population.

In nigeria, after the indigenous etnic groups in every town, village and state outside the traditional igbo towns,Igbos make up the largest population...

Outside nigeria, igbos are the largest Nigerian diaspora.

Even 70% of black americans you see today have their root from bight of biafra...

Have you heard of igbo landing @op?

Even Nollywood which is the face of africa is igbo

By the way, where is the great ashanti from ghana on your list.

Gosh I hate yoruba hypocrisy, that is what is killing Nigeria
where are links for ur facts ....na facts coming frm a flahead u want make I believe?

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by Northboy(m): 8:42pm On Jun 05, 2016
Swahili no dey famous again
Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by oboy3(m): 8:51pm On Jun 05, 2016
Nigeria,a Country populated by educated illiterates

i wonder how famous means spreading into two or three countries

the dictionary defined famous as

fa-mous
[fey-muh s]
adjective
having a widespread reputation, usually of a
favorable nature; renowned; celebrated:
a famous writer.
Synonyms: famed, notable, illustrious.
Antonyms: unknown, obscure.

You can asked around who knows the chaga tribe,hearing it the first time,so to me the list is Useless without Igbo in it

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jun 05, 2016
This post is fake
Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jun 05, 2016
The most Popular language in Africa is Arab
Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jun 05, 2016
Igbo most be in that list because every body know us maka bia...a
Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jun 05, 2016
In short Igbo's r the most famous people on earth so op ur post is trash
Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by YourNemesis: 9:57am On Jun 06, 2016
Some people here dont even know the meaning of famous.
being famous does not entirely depend on population, or how widespread an ethnic group is.... Also their contribution to the world culturally, spiritually, their history and civilizations, how promoted they are on television/how popular they are with tourists etc.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by Ukeachu1(m): 11:33pm On Jun 06, 2016
kids plsssss. the list is based on size of territory and population. nothing more. hope this settles the playground. bye

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:46am On Jun 07, 2016
Basically, we don't even know the difference between famous and populous....With this mentality Africans will continue to be seen as inferiors!
And people were already celebrating the absence of the Igbo tribe....lol. The fear of the Igbo!

By the way where is Ashanti and Mandinka/Mande?
Weaklings!

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by chijiblaze(m): 7:34pm On Sep 19, 2016
SonofDevil:

I never changed the topic.
It says famous not poularity
and all the tribe u see on the list re indigeneous speaking tribe in more than 5 countries.

Zulus a south african tribe re indigenous in all southern african countries and some eastern countries

San bushmen re indegenous tribe in south africa ,bostwana, zambia,angola e.t.c

Hausa and yoruba re indigenous tribe in Nigeria,ghana,togo,benin republic,sierra leone,ivory coast and gambia..

NOW TELL US WHICH AFRICAN COUNTRY U CAN FIND INDIGENOUS IGBO SPEAKING PEOPLE..

Sierra Leone, Equatorial Guinea, Sâo tomé Haiti, Dominican republic,
Igbo migrants are virtually everywhere world wide.
Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by Johnsonex1(m): 10:22pm On Aug 19, 2017
Go to any asian country, go to Jamaica, Kenya, malaysia. U 'll see them in bulk
Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by pweetiedee(m): 1:53pm On Aug 20, 2017
a typical ipob flat.head gangster comment.
no other ethnic group in Nigeria is complaining.yet you're here complaining of marginalization.
most travelled?when all you do is look for countries where you could sell hard drugs.
the tribe occupying ogbomosho made the list,you can break your spine,if you ain't satisfied.

Lol.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do We Cook And Eat At Funerals? / Adewole Akanbi: Amotekun Should Fight Ritual Killings, ‘Traditional Corruption’ / Sweden To Return 39 Artefacts To Oba Of Benin's Palace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.