|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,710,450 members, 6,401,111 topics. Date: Friday, 23 July 2021 at 06:12 PM
|Parable Of The Game by ade002: 3:57pm On Jun 05, 2016|
PARABLE OF THE GAME
The Kingdom of God is like a Sport event like the Olympics. There are Five set of people you will find there.
2. Coaches -they train and present the Sportsmen/Sportswomen
3. Officials –they ensure that they game flows as planned
4. Spectators- they are there to support or condemn the Sportsmen
5. Outsiders- These are people that will not watch the game either because they are not interested , The were not informed or because they lack the means/opportunity.
5. The Outsiders are those that will never have the opportunity to serve God. Maybe because they did not hear of HIM, are not interested in God or are prevented by certain factors that may not be their own making, “For no one commeth to the Father except He/She is called”.
4. The Spectators These are Christians that go to church but do nothing for God. They just sit, watch and judge others. They move from church to church finding miracles, comfort or entertainment. Remember in the ‘Parable of the Talents’ all servants were giving something. Judging, self gratification etc are not talents.
3. The Officials These are Christians that go to church, work for God only for what they will gain. They are in search of Money, Glory, Recognition, Career, Miracles etc. the Bible says they have already gotten their prize here on earth. If all our prayers where to be answered as we want it to be, none of the disciples of Jesus Christ would have died the way they did. Including Christ Himself.
2. The Coach These are Christians who feel they have arrived, they believe they are Holy enough, Perfect enough, Spiritual enough. They are raising their ‘own’ followers, written their doctrines and building their own religion tagged ‘Christianity’. They have forgotten that we are saved by Grace.
1. The Sportsmen THESE ARE CHRISTIANS . They pick up the cross every day and run the race. They Love despite hatred in the world. They have Faith in the Almighty God and His Son Jesus Christ regardless of what the world will propound, say or discover and they also have Hope that after the race there is a Prize . Eternal life.
Remember only the runner qualifies for the price.
Personally, I started with 4, since I was born into a christian family, then move to 3. only recently I realize that I had been deceiving myself. What about you?
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31