Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,964 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:58 PM

Fasting The Healthy Way. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Fasting The Healthy Way. (15324 Views)

Can A Muslim Brother Approach A Muslim Lady During The Ramadan Fasting / Healthy Way To Improve Your Voice During Quran Recitation / 4 Practical Tips For Healthy Ramadan Fasting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fasting The Healthy Way. by zaynie(f): 11:04pm On Jun 05, 2016
Asalam alaykum waramotullah wabarakatuhu.

Ramadan Kareem to my sisters.

So this thread will be mainly for women; mothers, breastfeeding mothers, pregnant women and fruitful mothers.
- To share health tips for fasting.
-To encourage good and healthy eating habits during Ramadan. ( I am personally guilty of skipping Sahur and sometimes iftar altogether)
- Share tips on home management during Ramadan so we don't break down before the end.
- To encourage the maximization of good deeds in Ramadan.
We pray Allah makes it easy for us.
Amin.

Thank you.

- if you are an Islamic scholar or a health/ medical practitioner, please don't hesitate to call us to order if you notice a misleading post or opinion, but do so politely.
TIA .

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by iamfruitful04: 5:19am On Jun 06, 2016
Walekum salam, nice one zaynie,am a Muslim but not really the practising one.born a Muslim with a Muslim dad n Christian mum so later became a Christian but ad God will have it got married to a Muslim who didn't let me continue my Christianity. So am back to my root lol but I don't know how to pray and I don't no where to start from,I only 2 Surat which I use to pray for now but I wish to know more.

5 Likes

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by MumZ(f): 5:50am On Jun 06, 2016
Good one Zaynie. 1st day of fasting, I almost overslept. Tank God I could rustle up something. Is dere ny way 2 open hubby appetite up? He dsnt eat much n he is just 2 lanky. After d fasting now, he ll b looking 2 lean.

1 Like

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by zaynie(f): 5:56am On Jun 06, 2016
Iamfruitful04, Alhamdilillah!
To pray, you only need 2 surahs: Fathia and another surah.
Do you know Suratul Fathia?
I could also write out the transliteration and translation of 2 short Surahs for you so you can memorize.
Set a goal to memorize like a specific number of Surahs in a week and use them in Solat, it helps to stick.

You could also download the Quran transliteration, translation and MP3.

1 Like

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by zaynie(f): 6:04am On Jun 06, 2016
MumZ:
Good one Zaynie. 1st day of fasting, I almost overslept. Tank God I could rustle up something. Is dere ny way 2 open hubby appetite up? He dsnt eat much n he is just 2 lanky. After d fasting now, he ll b looking 2 lean.

Wow! Mine likes to eat too much and still grumbles all thru Ramadan!
I had to tell him....." you've had over 30 years to get the idea of Ramadan and you are still grumbling....haba!"

To your question, does he have a fav food?
You can make it for him during Sahur ( when he won't really have much appetite)
Milk will also do the replenishment.
Also you can try to make a balanced diet for Sahur, I know the rush no be here + the prayers we need to do but a few left over ( fruits, dates) can do the trick.
I'm sure the others will answer your questions as soon as they come in

3 Likes

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by zaynie(f): 7:29am On Jun 06, 2016
1.Kaffy4bill
2.Hajarahbadmus
3.MumZ
4.Goldenruby
5.Airforcewife
6.Swearest
7.Haleematm
8.Harmymy
9.Surysuri
10.Deezou
11.Niyyah
12.Beedam
13.Mumfiyin
14.Temmy2103
15.Moonert
16. Portable4real
17. Tsodjete
18. Aim07
19. Simababe
20. Iamfruitful04.
21. Teegali
22. Bolseas
23. Hallymath
24. Rukkington
25. Mukht
26. Moradeeke

2 Likes

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by rofemiguwa(f): 8:02am On Jun 06, 2016
Happy ramadam to all my muslim sisters. May God grant u all ur heart desires this season.

Happy fasting.

Zaynie,kaffy, omomiguan and all. Beautiful mamas I can't mention.

Pls yall can forward ur food to me lemme help u out. grin

Much luv

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by iamfruitful04: 9:29am On Jun 06, 2016
Zaynie pls do,I'll really appreciate. And pls how can I download it perhaps I need some Islamic recitations,how do I download them too.I love listening to them or pls if anyone has on her phone I don't mind if we can get tru WhatsApp. I really need God's favour and mercy during this holy month

2 Likes

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by Moradeeke(f): 11:39am On Jun 06, 2016
Ramadan Mubarak to all my brethren in islam

2 Likes

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by zaynie(f): 12:48pm On Jun 06, 2016
iamfruitful04:
Zaynie pls do,I'll really appreciate. And pls how can I download it perhaps I need some Islamic recitations,how do I download them too.I love listening to them or pls if anyone has on her phone I don't mind if we can get tru WhatsApp. I really need God's favour and mercy during this holy month

Here, but there are rules.
- you dont listen to it in the toilet. Once you download, your phone becomes a mobile quran and taking it into the toilet isn't advisable.

What I did: I bought a spare memory card, downloaded it on it and play on a mp3 player. That way calls can't interrupt the recitation.

http://freequranmp3.com/sudais/

Suratul Kaothar
Bismillah Ar-Rahman Ar-Raheem
Inna a 'taina ka-l-Kawthar
Fa salli li-Rabbi-ka wa-n har
Inna shani' a-ka huwa-l-abtar

Meaning:
In the name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.
Lo! We have given thee Abundance;
So pray unto thy Lord, and sacrifice.
Lo! It is thy insulter (and not thou) who is without posterity.

3 Likes

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by mukht(f): 1:49pm On Jun 06, 2016
Ramadan Kareem to all my sisters in Islam... May his blessings be upon us... Amen

2 Likes

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by iamfruitful04: 2:25pm On Jun 06, 2016
OK, thanks sis

1 Like

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by MumFiyin: 2:55pm On Jun 06, 2016
Ramadan Mubarak my Muslim Sisters , May Almighty Allah accept all our acts of ibadah and may all our prayers silent and spoken be answered. As we have all said Bismilah today marking the beginning of the month Ramadan, may we all be alive and in good health to say Alhamdulilahi at the end of the month of Ramadan. Amin

4 Likes

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by MumFiyin: 3:02pm On Jun 06, 2016
@mam Zaynie, May Allah swt continue to enrich you in knowledge. Ameen.

I have a couple of Islamic apps on my phone and some have the Quran on them, does it mean I should not be taking my phone to the toilet? As I always take it with me.

quote author=zaynie post=46324269]

Here, but there are rules.
- you dont listen to it in the toilet. Once you download, your phone becomes a mobile quran and taking it into the toilet isn't advisable.

What I did: I bought a spare memory card, downloaded it on it and play on a mp3 player. That way calls can't interrupt the recitation.
ulter (and not thou) who is without posterity.[/quote]
Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by zaynie(f): 3:42pm On Jun 06, 2016
MumFiyin, ameen to the prayers.
I really don't have a sure answer for that but the few lectures I have heard says anything that contains the Quran should be handled like the Quran.

Bolseas, come in here.
Did you start the Quran today?
I like starting from Suratul Nas cos the speed wey I dey take fly always sweetens me buh Bakorah....I will just be like "when will I finish you o!" Lol!
You will be my Quran buddy o! Drag me along abeg.....

Mukht and Moradeeke, pop in more often with tips please

3 Likes

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jun 06, 2016
iamfruitful04:
Just type on google nd u wil get it dere.

1 Like

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by MumZ(f): 7:17pm On Jun 06, 2016
Tank u Zaynie, 4 some reason I don't seem 2 b getting my mentions. Dsnt really av a fav dish, he loses appetite easily even wen he has been complaining he is hungry, if he just eats little he is filled up. I ll just make sure he takes tea wit ny meal in d mrn.

2 Likes

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jun 06, 2016
Alhamdulillah robil alahmin we tank Allah 4 giving us yet another opportunity 2 witness dis ramadan nd may he accept it as an act of ibadah from us, 4give us nd guide us to d straight path (amin). zaynie jazakalahu khaeran nd to all muslims ramadan kareem. i will try my best to give an every day ramadan lecture unless i av flat battery, also replz to sum questn dat i knw too. salamualeikum

2 Likes

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by temmy2103(f): 7:39pm On Jun 06, 2016
Swearest:
Alhamdulillah robil alahmin we tank Allah 4 giving us yet another opportunity 2 witness dis ramadan nd may he accept it as an act of ibadah from us, 4give us nd guide us to d straight path (amin). zaynie jazakalahu khaeran nd to all muslims ramadan kareem. i will try my best to give an every day ramadan lecture unless i av flat battery, also replz to sum questn dat i knw too. salamualeikum
Aameen, walaykum salaam

1 Like

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by Aim07(f): 9:32pm On Jun 06, 2016
salam alaikum my Muslim sisters, we say alhamdulillah for making to complete today's fasting. may Allah accept it as an act of ibadah....amin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by Rukkington(f): 8:45am On Jun 07, 2016
@zaynie, I fink it's better to start d Quran from suratul fatiha dan nas. It's easier dat way, towards d end of Ramadan, d shorter surahs will be easier to recite dan d longer ones but if u av d longer surahs towards d end of Ramadan, u myt be feeling lazy to recite it except if u want to complete d Quran twice b4 d end of Ramadan

May Allah accept every supplication as an act of Ibadah. Ameen

4 Likes

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by airforcewife(f): 1:54pm On Jun 07, 2016
Assalamu Alaikum thanks Zaynie for this, it's really gonna help...Dear Sisters, how was the first day yesterday....as for me LOL! I couldn't even pray Taraweeh...was so exhausted! Did so much running around.. got home past 6 n did superwoman n fixd Iftar whew!!

MumZ my own hubby loves mostly all the chips n sauce, yamballs, moimoi all those kinds...he will hardly eat the normal heavy foods for iftar...so myb u could try those...with maybe sides of fruits, soup etc..

3 Likes

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by zaynie(f): 2:54pm On Jun 07, 2016
I started from Fathia this time around.
Almost done with 1/30.....

I slept in and woke up late for Iftar....'covers face'
E never master body.... embarassed

I ate this golden melon for the first time yesterday.....very yummy and crunchy, a cross between and apple and a water melon.
Infact I was re-invigorated after just 1 o!

1 Like

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by MumZ(f): 5:28pm On Jun 07, 2016
airforcewife:

MumZ my own hubby loves mostly all the chips n sauce, yamballs, moimoi all those kinds...he will hardly eat the normal heavy foods for iftar...so myb u could try those...with maybe sides of fruits, soup etc..

My problem is him loosing 2 much weight cos has it is he is on d slim side. So I'm trying 2 feed him meals dat ll keep his weight intact @least, bt 4 where he is not helping matters. Eats like a bird. Still saying his throat is not opened in d mrn n in d evns after taking fruits, 2 eat food becomes an issue. He is even trying now, by d time I go back 2 base I'm afraid he may drink water in d mrn n eat just fruits @ night.
Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by zaynie(f): 5:54pm On Jun 07, 2016
Does anyone know any good, simple Islamic congregation around Surulere.
- not Tijjaniyat.
- not overly sunnatic.
- I would prefer those that back lectures with more Quranic quotes than Sunnah.
I used too attend MiCA when I was single, I realluly liked it but that place is too far.

TIA

1 Like

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by temmy2103(f): 6:09pm On Jun 07, 2016
zaynie:
Does anyone know any good, simple Islamic congregation around Surulere.
- not Tijjaniyat.
- not overly sunnatic.
- I would prefer those that back lectures with more Quranic quotes than Sunnah.
I used too attend MiCA when I was single, I realluly liked it but that place is too far.

TIA
There's MSMMI in surulere, it's a youth organization
Stopped going after I got married due to distance

2 Likes

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by zaynie(f): 7:39pm On Jun 07, 2016
temmy2103:

There's MSMMI in surulere, it's a youth organization
Stopped going after I got married due to distance

I know it, but I was told that they only congregate every 2 weeks. How true is that?

1 Like

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by temmy2103(f): 7:53pm On Jun 07, 2016
zaynie:

I know it, but I was told that they only congregate every 2 weeks. How true is that?
That's true but it's every wknd during ramadhan

2 Likes

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by izeekbiz(m): 8:41pm On Jun 07, 2016
temmy2103:

That's true but it's every wknd during ramadhan
Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jun 07, 2016
Salamualeikum...today i wil b discusin abt ***IMAN*** which means 'faith' to believe in Allah, his messengers,his angels, his books nd d unseen. all dis av been reavel to us tru rasululah in suratul baqara (1-5 nd d last 3 verses). wen we talk abt believing in Allah we must not 4get to include AL-YEKEEN nd TAQWA, al-yekeen means certainty. to b sure abt wt u believe wtout doubt at all wat so ever nd taqwa means to fear Allah. to b concious of him to abstain 4rm shirk.....all dis re path of our obligatory right for us all we should do wat Allah wants nd abstain 4rm wat he doesnt want. if we want to b a muqsin cos dat is d highest of all d believers, we should alwaz remember dat we av a duty to perform. may Allah (swt) to make it easy 4 us all..................AMIN

7 Likes

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by Rhukie(f): 10:17pm On Jun 07, 2016
May Allah reward you for creating this thread @zaynie, @swearest barakah Allahu fii for the lecture. to all other muslimah of the thread As-salaam alaekum, May our fast be accepted has an act of ibadah.

2 Likes

Re: Fasting The Healthy Way. by salewa01: 10:27pm On Jun 07, 2016
Salam alekun waramutullahi wabarakatu
am in my 3rd trimester of pregnancy ,i tried to fast today but after iftar, i start to vomit everything. My question is
is it safe for me nd my baby if i try to continue d fasting though am healthy but i don't want my baby to be too small

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sunni Muslims Protest Kim Kardashian's Visit To Bahrain / Things That Benefit The Dead / Hajj 1997: The Great Fire In Minna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.