Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,839 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

This Is How Buhari Respected The Christian Faith With His Cap On His Head - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is How Buhari Respected The Christian Faith With His Cap On His Head (13197 Views)

Micky Kazzim Carrying Items On His Head In Ogun (Photos) / Judith Celebrates Amaechi's 51st Birthday, Wears His Cap - Photo / Fayose Placing A Cap On Lere Olayinka, Supports Him For Post Of PDP Secretary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is How Buhari Respected The Christian Faith With His Cap On His Head by ccffwx: 1:52pm On Jun 06, 2016
This post is not senseless. Op good job. We need to know that Christians who are name bearers only are mostly cowards. Why couldn't the pastors there politely tell him what to do? Buhwri's statement is pathetic because the woman didn't blaspheme anyone. If she did, she should be tried by Nigerian laws not Sharia law. Muslims take the law so much into their hands in this country and people keep calling it a small issue. Sorry o

1 Like

Re: This Is How Buhari Respected The Christian Faith With His Cap On His Head by babadee1(m): 2:30pm On Jun 06, 2016
ZUBY77:

Not at all.
The Christian Faith requires that he removes his cap during prayers.
He must respect other peoples faith.

The Christian faith does not require that anyone removes their cap during prayers, that is a lie against Christianity.
Re: This Is How Buhari Respected The Christian Faith With His Cap On His Head by LasoulMacuby(m): 3:00pm On Jun 06, 2016
ZUBY77:

Go back to school if you cant understand the message i am trying to pass here.
Ur are not passing any message instead ur are showing the hate in you. And I believe you have nothing to do else you would not go about looking pictures to pitch people against the president

1 Like

Re: This Is How Buhari Respected The Christian Faith With His Cap On His Head by adconline(m): 3:13pm On Jun 06, 2016
J
LordofNairaland:

I wrote: "She might have been sentenced to death, if found guilty "

Endeavour to read my posts well in future. Moreover, I only used the sharia court trial as a balance to weigh Buhari "crime of breaking a Christian dress code" and the woman's "accused crime of desecrating the Qur'an".

The question you should ask yourself is: "Why didn't they accuse her of anything else but blasphemy?" Why blasphemy?

I am not justifying the murder. The reason why I am on this thread is because:

The OP twisted Buhari's statement to agree with what he (the OP) erroneously perceives Islam to be. He thinks Islam is evil and intolerable and thinks that Christians are tolerable. He thinks that if Christians were violent, they would have given Buhari the same treatment they gave the pastor's wife.

So I tried to explain to him that the woman was accused of desecrating the Qur'an and not for breaking dress codes at a religious gathering. There are different punishments for different crimes. Breaking dress codes isn't as heavy as desecrating the Quran. The fanatics who killed the woman could have accused her of passing in front of their religious gathering wearing a mini skirt but they didn't. They could have heaped different lies on her but they didn't. Instead they picked their usual lie (blasphemy) to get justification.

I am not defending anyone. I am not a religious person. But I will not like that the president's admonition be polarized along religious lines. Anyone could have made that statement. We all need to understand each other. That was what the president said and people like the OP read it in isolation and twisted it.

Defending president's statement shows that you are still in agreement with him for blaming the victim.. It was insensitive to suggest that had he woman respected her aggressor's religion, her life would have been spared.
The mistake contained in that statement is that we place religion over human life. He also suggests that death is the ultimate price to pay if you are accused of " disrespecting" their religion.
Since BH is holding Naija hostage and millions of Muslims are sympathetic to their fight, GMB missed a golden opportunity to take action that would deter potential BH recruits/sympathizers
Re: This Is How Buhari Respected The Christian Faith With His Cap On His Head by LordOfNaira: 3:32pm On Jun 06, 2016
adconline:
J
Defending president's statement shows that you are still in agreement with him for blaming the victim.. It was insensitive to suggest that had he woman respected her aggressor's religion, her life would have been spared.
The mistake contained in that statement is that we place religion over human life. He also suggests that death is the ultimate price to pay if you are accused of " disrespecting" their religion.
Since BH is holding Naija hostage and millions of Muslims are sympathetic to their fight, GMB missed a golden opportunity to take action that would deter potential BH recruits/sympathizers

How do you know he was justifying the murder? After condemning the murder, he admonished everyone to understand one another's religions to live peacefully. That is a piece of common good advice in a "religious" state like Nigeria. I don't understand how that is justifying the barbaric act.

There is a piece of advice my dad usually gives me anytime I am visiting Nigeria. He would tell me, even though he knows how quiet I am, never to argue religion with a Muslim.
Re: This Is How Buhari Respected The Christian Faith With His Cap On His Head by adconline(m): 4:10pm On Jun 06, 2016
LordofNairaland:

How do you know he was justifying the murder? After condemning the murder, he admonished everyone to understand one another's religions to live peacefully. That is a piece of common good advice in a "religious" state like Nigeria. I don't understand how that is justifying the barbaric act.

There is a piece of advice my dad usually gives me anytime I am visiting Nigeria. He would tell me, even though he knows how quiet I am, never to argue religion with a Muslim.
It's insensitive for GMB to infer that she was the the villain because some thugs alleged that she was blaspheming their religion.. Is there anything like that in Naija law?? Nope!! Why did he pander to those religious fanatics?? Life is sacred and irreplaceable and must come first before religion! The message still embodies some justification for their action .If she didn't blasphem their religion, she would have been alive. No Nigerian has the right to take another person's life irrespective of religion, tribe or political affiliation. This woman's right to life was violated and GMB was talking about religion? What isn't blasphemy to your religion does exist in my religion, does that mean that I should kill you??

1 Like

Re: This Is How Buhari Respected The Christian Faith With His Cap On His Head by kernel501: 4:15pm On Jun 06, 2016
DaBullIT:
Buhari is not the only one keeping his cap on his head

I guess it would have been better propaganda picture if you knw how to photoshop , edit and crop

Dont be a big f0000l, He is been tried by his words, not that of others. Secondly, is dishonorable wearing cap in a church, if you want the truth ask your Christian friends.

1 Like

Re: This Is How Buhari Respected The Christian Faith With His Cap On His Head by tsdarkside(m): 5:22pm On Jun 06, 2016
ASL33:
We know it's not hard and we tolerated it because he might not be aware of such practise like taking hat off when in church or prayer house. Would you say the Muslim will do same?

first of all,i dont go to church....abomination!!!..

they were outside...not even in a church.....

once i had to follow my thai-girl-friend to a buddhist whatever...i didnt pull of my shoes,and i didnt kneel down like the others....

sooooo.......whatever...................
Re: This Is How Buhari Respected The Christian Faith With His Cap On His Head by emmasege: 5:50pm On Jun 06, 2016
muri4mig:
Are u now saying that when a muslim is praying, as a Christian u must look for a cap to put on? You hatred knows no bound. You still called him a fanatic in ur comment above. I dont know why christian always find it hard to mind their business but will always jump at opportunity to call somebody a fanatics if u do not subscribe to their belief. To me muslim are more tolerating than Christians.
Can u hear yourself? Can a Christian wear shoes inside a mosque? As a Christian, I know there are some churches I dare not wear shoes in and if I must worship in those assemblies, I need to remove my shoes the same way I'll do in a mosque.
In this particular gathering PMB chose to worship for political reason, cap-wearing is forbidden except you are a traditional ruler.

1 Like

Re: This Is How Buhari Respected The Christian Faith With His Cap On His Head by glossy6(f): 6:53pm On Jun 06, 2016
hakeem4:
where in the bible was it written ?

How come pope's wear their cap ?

Read the bible you will get it right after all the Qur'an advices you to read the bible if you are in doubt. That all has been revealed to the people of the book.

ZUBY77:

I dont think any of you understood the point i am making with this post.

An innocent woman was beheaded in Kano because the fanatics said she disrespected Muhammed.
Then Buhari said we must respect other peoples religion to live in peace.

Now my point is, why didn't he respect the Christian Religion by removing his cap during prayers?

Who told they don't understand? It is called hypocrisy undecided

1 Like

Re: This Is How Buhari Respected The Christian Faith With His Cap On His Head by udatso: 8:59pm On Jun 06, 2016
Mtcheww

1 Like

Re: This Is How Buhari Respected The Christian Faith With His Cap On His Head by kannymoore(m): 9:39pm On Jun 06, 2016
kernel501:

Dont be a big f0000l, He is been tried by his words, not that of others. Secondly, is dishonorable wearing cap in a church, if you want the truth ask your Christian friends.

young man... don't popes and archbishops wear Caps in church too??!

what tha heck is wrong with you guys for heavens sake!!!
everyday complain! ..everyday complain !!

don't you guys ever get tired

jEEEZ!!!!!

1 Like

Re: This Is How Buhari Respected The Christian Faith With His Cap On His Head by LordOfNaira: 1:31am On Jun 07, 2016
adconline:

It's insensitive for GMB to infer that she was the the villain because some thugs alleged that she was blaspheming their religion.. Is there anything like that in Naija law?? Nope!! Why did he pander to those religious fanatics?? Life is sacred and irreplaceable and must come first before religion! The message still embodies some justification for their action .If she didn't blasphem their religion, she would have been alive. No Nigerian has the right to take another person's life irrespective of religion, tribe or political affiliation. This woman's right to life was violated and GMB was talking about religion? What isn't blasphemy to your religion does exist in my religion, does that mean that I should kill you??

You are a waste of time. Religion presented the perfect excuse for her murder and Buhari addressed it. What were you expecting him to say

What is bad in what he said Please, what should he have said. He called for religious tolerance and you all went sleepless nights over it.

It is not like you love the victim. You just hate the president. When I saw the statement, I immediately understood that it was yet another call for religious tolerance but haters immediately saw a blooper and began to scream their brains out.

Your last paragraph just goes to show that I have been wasting my time since morning. There are fanatics. The accusation was that she blasphemed. Now someone has admonished both Christians and Muslims about tolerance and respect for each other's religions. We don't really know if she truly blasphemed. But we all know they had no rights to have killed her. Now, if you steal in Lagos, there is a high probability that you would be lynched. No one supports the lynching. As a matter of fact, lynching is criminal. But would you accept that you were justifying lynching if you warned a friend about stealing in Lagos?

Me: Don't steal, Kareem, or they will kill you.

You: Who will kill me?

Me: People.

You: What rights would they have to kill me, supposing I steal something in future?

Me: Well, I am just advising you to be careful. That is all I can do.

You: Wow, you sound like you are in support of the lynchings.

Me: How?

You: Instead of condemning the act of lynching, you are asking me to be careful. Your logic is that if victims of lynching had been careful, they wouldn't have been lynched. Why should there be a lynching in the first place You know you are justifying those murderers who lynch people.

Me: I am not justifying lynchings. All I am saying is that as long as you understand that if you steal around here, you would be lynched even before the police arrive, you will be careful.

You: Please, you are annoying me with this careful bullshit. You are justifying lynching. So now, I have to be careful so I don't get lynched?

Me: I give up!!
Re: This Is How Buhari Respected The Christian Faith With His Cap On His Head by udatso: 10:30am On Jun 07, 2016
LordofNairaland:

You are a waste of time. Religion presented the perfect excuse for her murder and Buhari addressed it. What were you expecting him to say

What is bad in what he said Please, what should he have said. He called for religious tolerance and you all went sleepless nights over it.

It is not like you love the victim. You just hate the president. When I saw the statement, I immediately understood that it was yet another call for religious tolerance but haters immediately saw a blooper and began to scream their brains out.

Your last paragraph just goes to show that I have been wasting my time since morning. There are fanatics. The accusation was that she blasphemed. Now someone has admonished both Christians and Muslims about tolerance and respect for each other's religions. We don't really know if she truly blasphemed. But we all know they had no rights to have killed her. Now, if you steal in Lagos, there is a high probability that you would be lynched. No one supports the lynching. As a matter of fact, lynching is criminal. But would you accept that you were justifying lynching if you warned a friend about stealing in Lagos?

Me: Don't steal, Kareem, or they will kill you.

You: Who will kill me?

Me: People.

You: What rights would they have to kill me, supposing I steal something in future?

Me: Well, I am just advising you to be careful. That is all I can do.

You: Wow, you sound like you are in support of the lynchings.

Me: How?

You: Instead of condemning the act of lynching, you are asking me to be careful. Your logic is that if victims of lynching had been careful, they wouldn't have been lynched. Why should there be a lynching in the first place You know you are justifying those murderers who lynch people.

Me: I am not justifying lynchings. All I am saying is that as long as you understand that if you steal around here, you would be lynched even before the police arrive, you will be careful.

You: Please, you are annoying me with this careful bullshit. You are justifying lynching. So now, I have to be careful so I don't get lynched?

Me: I give up!!

You have explained this in simplest of terms. If he still says anything besides agreeing to what you have said, I suggest you ignore him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is How Buhari Respected The Christian Faith With His Cap On His Head by LordOfNaira: 10:43am On Jun 07, 2016
udatso:

You have explained this in simplest of terms. If he still says anything besides agreeing to what you have said, I suggest you ignore him

Thanks, bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is How Buhari Respected The Christian Faith With His Cap On His Head by gists: 10:48am On Jun 07, 2016
ZUBY77:

Where is it written that you behead a woman if she says what you dont like about your religion?
God question!!
And yet most of you guys are ever so quick to blame it on Islam. The next logical question is (if not because of hypocrisy and hatred), why blame the act on Islam instead of those that have written their own laws and also chose themselves as judges?

1 Like

Re: This Is How Buhari Respected The Christian Faith With His Cap On His Head by paschu: 10:53am On Jun 07, 2016
allthingsgood:

And u will look for the flimsiest excuse to crucify him based on your personal bias. I wear cap to church often and no, thunder doesnt strike me!

Your must must be a club church not a Christian church.
1 Corinthians 11: 3-4  But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God. Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.

CC: ZUBY77

1 Like

Re: This Is How Buhari Respected The Christian Faith With His Cap On His Head by ZUBY77(m): 4:24pm On Jun 07, 2016
gists:

God question!!
And yet most of you guys are ever so quick to blame it on Islam. The next logical question is (if not because of hypocrisy and hatred), why blame the act on Islam instead of those that have written their own laws and also chose themselves as judges?

Please tell me if the killing of this woman was not connected to Islam.
Re: This Is How Buhari Respected The Christian Faith With His Cap On His Head by Poweredbreww: 2:39am On Jun 24, 2016
calaway:

People like will always come and muddle every up. Call a spade a spade...put blame where it belongs and make a difference..
Christian teaches you to turn the other cheek when assaulted, Christianity teaches you to forgive you aggressor and respect authority and most important of Christianity teaches you to love you Neigbour as yourself...
Look elsewhere for the religion that causes problems...
I know you are a good Muslim

You must high on dried poo to think am a muslim. So one must be a muslim to say his mind. I am a proud Yoruba man and religion is no issue to us unlike you bigot. Rubbish
Re: This Is How Buhari Respected The Christian Faith With His Cap On His Head by lalo128: 4:30am On Jun 24, 2016
Were in the bible did u c remove your cap b4 prayer or when you want to pray
Re: This Is How Buhari Respected The Christian Faith With His Cap On His Head by nonaira: 4:43am On Jun 24, 2016
lalo128:
Were in the bible did u c remove your cap b4 prayer or when you want to pray

Thank you. I hate buhari but this is stupid op.

I go to church with hats all the time, I don't remember EVER getting thrown out because of it.

There's no where in the bible, it says you can't wear a hat.

This is just taking critism to a childish level.

1 Like

Re: This Is How Buhari Respected The Christian Faith With His Cap On His Head by Artistree: 10:43am On Jun 26, 2016
muri4mig:
Are u now saying that when a muslim is praying, as a Christian u must look for a cap to put on? You hatred knows no bound. You still called him a fanatic in ur comment above. I dont know why christian always find it hard to mind their business but will always jump at opportunity to call somebody a fanatics if u do not subscribe to their belief. To me muslim are more tolerating than Christians.
I pray o!...note, I'm responding to your very last sentence, even my dog knows otherwise.
Re: This Is How Buhari Respected The Christian Faith With His Cap On His Head by amaechi1: 11:22am On Jun 26, 2016
LMFashions:

Dat is still no excuse. The fact still remain dat he didn't respect another's faith by having his cap on in a Christian's place of prayer. Same applies to others there. I'm not surprised, of course u'll always see ways to defend him even when he's caught pants down doing what's not right.

I blame the president for evening coming. If he had stayed away, maybe this blackmail would not be an issue. There many who remove their caps that worst than Buhari. Salvation is keep not the hat or cap.
Re: This Is How Buhari Respected The Christian Faith With His Cap On His Head by JossyOloye(m): 11:35am On Jun 26, 2016
our beloved president is a shameless baldman. he should cover his head n shame
Re: This Is How Buhari Respected The Christian Faith With His Cap On His Head by MirabelArode(f): 11:53am On Jun 26, 2016
DaBullIT:
Buhari is not the only one keeping his cap on his head

I guess it would have been better propaganda picture if you knw how to photoshop , edit and crop

Our yoruba muslims defending fulanis extremist nature sinice 100 B.C. even when fulanis consider them unclean specimens and remove their heads during riots. Kikikiki! grin grin

1 Like

Re: This Is How Buhari Respected The Christian Faith With His Cap On His Head by MirabelArode(f): 12:00pm On Jun 26, 2016
hakeem4:
I'm not a Muslim ... But they were following the law of Moses

yoruba muslims....SMH. grin

1 Like

Re: This Is How Buhari Respected The Christian Faith With His Cap On His Head by MirabelArode(f): 12:05pm On Jun 26, 2016
tsdarkside:

look,,,,,it realy doesnt matter.....if you go to spain,you must obey the laws of spain,or else you will be in trouble......................

Bruteforce101 come see ya yoruba muslim broda. Him na real pro-fulani ninja. grin grin

1 Like

Re: This Is How Buhari Respected The Christian Faith With His Cap On His Head by gare(f): 12:05pm On Jun 26, 2016
ZUBY77:
I don't play hatred game but I like to point out mistakes when men seems to be blinded by whatever they believe in.
The confusion that came with Religion is why we are where we are today.

Buhari said "We must learn to respect other people's Religion so we can live in peace"
If the Christian believers are as violent as his Muslim fanatics, someone would have yanked that cap off with his head.

By making that statement, Buhari simply told the Muslims and Christians to kill anyone who doesn't respect their Religion.

....And for the record, I don't care about the two Religions or any other Religion for that matter. So this is not me against you.

The simple answer to your observations is that those with caps on are fanatics, while does without caps are not , like Fashola he is a Moslem but his cap is off. But you should that Buhari doesn't care about Christianity.
Re: This Is How Buhari Respected The Christian Faith With His Cap On His Head by DaBullIT(m): 12:07pm On Jun 26, 2016
ArodeWilliams i assume ??

You will do well to swerve and stay on your lane , i do not want anything to do with you
MirabelArode:

Our yoruba muslims defending fulanis extremist nature sinice 100 B.C. even when fulanis consider them unclean specimens and remove their heads during riots. Kikikiki! grin grin

Re: This Is How Buhari Respected The Christian Faith With His Cap On His Head by MirabelArode(f): 12:09pm On Jun 26, 2016
DaBullIT:
ArodeWilliams i assume ??

You will do well to swerve and stay on your lane , i do not want anything to do with you

But you want everything to do with Fulano-Islamic zombeism while deceiving people that you are a 'yoruba christian'. I assume. grin grin

1 Like

Re: This Is How Buhari Respected The Christian Faith With His Cap On His Head by ItsMeAboki(m): 1:27pm On Jun 26, 2016
ZUBY77:

Is he a Pope or Bishop?
And by that logic, is he also a Christian?
Re: This Is How Buhari Respected The Christian Faith With His Cap On His Head by ItsMeAboki(m): 1:39pm On Jun 26, 2016
Nusaf:
For the president to be in that prayer session without excusing himself out is commendable, because being there can be likened to the the Christians joining the Muslims in the mosque although without fully conforming to the rules.

Exactly, what he did was very commendable; he was reaching out to Christians (but apparently still not good enough for some including the OP) because ordinarily most Muslims would be frown upon for joining in such prayers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

VIDEO: Aisha Buhari Berates Husband In Circulated ‘BBC Hausa Radio Clip / Protest At Chevron Flow Station In Kokodiagbene, Gbaramatu In Warri (Photos) / Kwara Has Taken The Lead For PDP In Northcentral - David Titiloye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.