Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

What Is Top Speed? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is Top Speed? (796 Views)

The Devel Sixteen Hypercar With 5,007hp & 310mph Top Speed Is Unveiled In Dubai / Watch Koenigsegg Agera RS Become The Fastest Car Ever Made With 284mph Top Speed / How To Handle A Tyre Burst While Driving At Top Speed (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Top Speed? by UuzbaGuuzba: 9:09am On Jun 06, 2016
I have read many threads on NL where some OP narrates a tale about some accident describing either one or two vehicles as going on "top speed".

My question this morning is, What is Top speed?

a. If you meant to say, "fast" , then say so.
b. If you meant to say "above the legal limit", then say so.
c. if you meant to say "really really fast".. say so..
b. If you can estimate the actual speed of the vehicle, 100-120km/h , then say the speed it was going at.

A Bugatti Veyron easily does 420km/h . Can this be classified as "Top Speed"?

I can run at approximately 20km/h. What about that? Is that top speed as well?

Cars in traffic jam can do 30km/h. Is that also Top Speed?

I will be very grateful if the posters or anyone else can let me know what this, Top Speed of a speed is.

Let us all try to avoid this Top Speed - Speed as it is the only speed at which accidents occur.

Thanks
Re: What Is Top Speed? by Nobody: 9:30am On Jun 06, 2016
I agree.

The term "top speed" as used on Nairaland, in the Nigerian context is ambiguous to say the least. It does not convey anything meaningful, as in it does not get the message it's meant to convey across.

I've never understood it myself.
Re: What Is Top Speed? by nurey(m): 3:54pm On Jun 06, 2016
Top speed of a vehicle to my knowledge is the highest speed it can attain with its stock engine in mph or kmh. It can only exceed this with the aid of an external force.

You can differentiate it in terms of meaning by understanding the context of which it is been used. Some words are abused by Africans but when you decide to correct them, they take it as an insult and you hear "ITK or ajayi crowther
Re: What Is Top Speed? by Nobody: 12:05am On Jun 07, 2016
Do you know Y I so much respect Bugatti Veyron? grin

Out of all the helicopters in the world, only 1 - “Eurocopter X3” can match & outrun a Bugatti Veyron with a top speed of 472km/h grin

www.wonderslist.com/10-fastest-helicopters-in-the-world/

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: What Is Top Speed? by Nobody: 12:46am On Jun 07, 2016
Zoharariel:
Do you know Y I so much respect Bugatti Veyron? grin

Out of all the helicopters in the world, only 1 - “Eurocopter X3” can match & outrun a Bugatti Veyron with a top speed of 472km/h grin

www.wonderslist.com/10-fastest-helicopters-in-the-world/
this list get as e be o, but I am not disappointed, na kremlin attract you there.
Re: What Is Top Speed? by lonelydora: 4:58am On Jun 07, 2016
Some words are misused, that we know. But Nigerians still understand what the writer implies.

(1) (Reply)

Flat Tyre Noise On Toyota Highlander 2002 / This Is A Surefire Way To Make Some Extra Money On The Side / Are We Forgetting About Hydrogen Fuel Cell Cars?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.