Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,140 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

A.I Will Soon Use Your Photos To Create An Amazing Story - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / A.I Will Soon Use Your Photos To Create An Amazing Story (254 Views)

Use Your Fridge, Freezer, Air Conditioner, Iron, Etc. On Your Generator / Amazing App For Writing Urdu Text On Your Photos / Use Your Laptop To Earn Extra Income For Yourself In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A.I Will Soon Use Your Photos To Create An Amazing Story by phveektor(m): 10:09am On Jun 06, 2016
Microsoft’s Research division has developed a new artificial intelligence system that can automatically generate stories using your photos, trying not only to explain what exactly is happening in the pictures but also to detail the context and people’s feelings.

The process of developing storytelling capabilities for photos is based on AI systems that can identify objects after learning by example, as LiveScienceexplains. The researchers first configured the systems to analyze a series of similar images and then look online to identify more objects that fall in the same category.

Furthermore, the Microsoft Research team turned to the Amazon Mechanical Turk, a service where people describe scenes of a batch of photos, thus having the AI systems learn them and then generate new ones by matching different pictures with different descriptions.

Take a situation like this for instance:

"This is a picture of a family; this is a picture of a cake; this is a picture of a dog; this is a picture of a beach”

The A.I will make it into a more story-like description like this:

“The family got together for a cookout; they had a lot of delicious food; the dog was happy to be there; they had a great time on the beach; they even had a swim in the water.”

For the moment, however, these are just the first stages of the new tech, so it takes a little bit longer until it improves, as researchers have already found issues that they need to deal with before it can go mainstream.

Read the whole story here: http://www.draynehub.com/will-soon-use-photos-create-amazing-story/

(1) (Reply)

Faulty Screen Bold 2 Available For An Auction Price Of 2ko / HI GUYS, Think You're Brilliant? Oya Re-tweet ""and" Comment If You Are! / We Don’t Just Build A Store, We Build Your Business:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.