Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,111 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Reflecting back to your Primary and Secondary school days - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Reflecting back to your Primary and Secondary school days (1037 Views)

What Was Your Best Subject Topic During Your Secondary School Days? / Which Of These Punishment Did You Hate Most During Your High School Days? / Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Reflecting back to your Primary and Secondary school days by HerexG(m): 11:24am On Jun 06, 2016
Today I while still on my bed I was reminiscing back in my secondary school days, those school scenarios in the morning that would scare the hell out me preventing from me school that morning. Sometimes I will device some means so mom would allow me stay at home but trust my mom “she no dey gree” come rain come sunshine I must be in school. The only time I and my siblings get to miss school is when our dad has not paid our school fees yet, when they start callings the names of students owing schools I will be the first to come out because of the excitement of going home. I was disappointed one day when Auntie Jumoke our school Bursa back then didn’t call my name for people owing school fees because I have already carried my back to start going home with my siblings, Auntie Jumoke drew me back with my ears saying “Olodo ! Your dad has already come to pay your fees before resumption”. So here are some few experiences that scared the hell out of me during my Primary and Secondary school days

1. Early Morning Multiplication recitation
Every Morning back then Mr. Salome our class teacher back then would make us recite the multiplication table from 2x to 20x, during the recitation of the table there are group of students who gives the recitation a bass and soprano tone (I’m most definitely part of the soprano crew because of my small size nature back then) and those that really knows it. Thank God for Chidi this boy knows the multiplication table like a baby knows the path through the mom’s breast. He covers me up; all I have to do is dance with my mouth, add my soprano and scream aloud those simple ones like 2x 5x 10x 15x. God exposed me the day Chidi was absent from school, after the thorough “kpankere stick” flogging from my teacher I was forced to go learn it myself.

2. Writing the names of noise makers

In class I was notorious noise making back, if I’m not telling my friends the new Action Commando, Snake in the Monkey Shadow, Jetli’s The One and Twins Warrior etc movies I watched, I will be banging the table singing with Ugo (who is now a musical artist) my friend in class. In order to curb this naughty characters my teacher would order the class captain to right noise makers. George the class captain would right my almost every time he writes names of noise makers, sometimes I will beg him to remove my name but he would refuse I will then brag with confidence and then shout “If you like write my name x2 sebi na cane I go chop” but inside I’m scared of Mr Etina’s thin “kpankere” stick.

3. Literature Class

At first I fell in love with literature class because of all the interesting stories like “Merchant of Venice, Macbeth, Anthills of the Savanah, Things Fall Apart and the rest but when Mr Etina our English teacher started introducing Poet to us I began to dislike and get scared of the class. Mr Etina would make us cram many poets and recite it in front of the class one after the other, I could remember very well JP Clark “Coming and going this several seasons” chai! That poem piece gave me a nightmare. I’m really bad at cramming things as a creative person; he flogged the hell out of me because of that poem and others. Things went so bad to the extent of whenever its Literature period my heart pulse increases, i get all shaky and nervous.

4. Mathematics class and Exam

Back then this subject was my Nightmare don’t know about you, looking at my subject table every morning know that I have Math’s turns me off. I would most times intentionally come to school late and get flogged because of that class so as to miss Math’s class. I never knew I what I was running for back then I secondary school is something I would still meet at higher institution. During Math’s Exam back then I will turn into an Ostrich overnight, stretching my neck to all direction trying to spy the Mathematicians of our class then. And these students are so annoying they will all cover their books and leave me frustrated.

In all my Primary and Secondary school was the most fun, I enjoyed every moment I experience, all thanks to our parents who gave us the opportunity to experience this. You may share yours bellow too if you have

Source: http://liteworld..com.ng/2016/06/my-few-primary-and-secondary-school.html

(1) (Reply)

Mass Dismissal/sack At Landmark University, Omu-aran. / PHOTOS: Students Sit On The Floor While 200 Furniture Were Locked In The School / How To Avoid Scam And Confirm If JAMB Form Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.