Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,087 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

Tomato Millionaires In The Making... - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Tomato Millionaires In The Making... (38858 Views)

Top Online Business That Has Made Most Young People Millionaires In Nigeria / Lagos Has 4 Billionaires, 360 Multimillionaires, 6,800 Millionaires. / 11 Business Opportunities In Africa That Will Make More Millionaires In 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tomato Millionaires In The Making... by Mopolchi: 2:01pm On Jun 06, 2016
I dey look for tomatoes
Re: Tomato Millionaires In The Making... by obua: 2:09pm On Jun 06, 2016
dragonking2:
[size=16pt]After seeing Dangote's name on the list, now we can all see why tomatoes is scarce and very expensive...The monopoly this man has is too much.[/size]
go and do your own monopoly

7 Likes

Re: Tomato Millionaires In The Making... by I888(m): 2:16pm On Jun 06, 2016
Lamor:
Interesting piece..Pls I'm interested oo.Abeg anyway na way for naija.
did you read all?
Re: Tomato Millionaires In The Making... by I888(m): 2:17pm On Jun 06, 2016
obua:
go and do your own monopoly
God bless you. I wanted to reply him but i forgot.

1 Like

Re: Tomato Millionaires In The Making... by Franky826: 2:19pm On Jun 06, 2016
I888:
Source: http://www.smallstarter.com/get-inspired/how-these-4-smart-entrepreneurs-are-making-money-from-africas-tomato-problems/

where is YModulus on this list? That dude is a smart entrepreneur I respect so much.

dude made at least 2k x 6500(+) baskets on his last tomato trip he shared with us nairalanders.

On profits he said 'I personally love to risk all in business so u can rise fast' undecided as if that was not enough then he dropped the punchline, he said 'I had a mindset to hit a total profit of N10m in a 2-4 day frame'

who knows maybe he is in Cameroon now grin . But I will find you and when I do you'll teach me all you know grin

2 Likes

Re: Tomato Millionaires In The Making... by I888(m): 2:21pm On Jun 06, 2016
Franky826:

where is YModulus on this list? That dude is a smart entrepreneur I respect so much.

dude made at least 2k x 6500(+) baskets on his last tomato trip he shared with us nairalanders.

On profits he said 'I personally love to risk all in business so u can rise fast' undecided as if that was not enough then he dropped the punchline, he said 'I had a mindset to hit a total profit of N10m in a 2-4 day frame'

who knows maybe he is in Cameroon now grin . But I will find you and when I do you'll teach me all you know grin
there is nothing like secret there. Just act, don't think.
Re: Tomato Millionaires In The Making... by Guyman02: 2:25pm On Jun 06, 2016
Where is ERISCO (Eric Umeofia) of NAGIKO and RIC-GIKO tomatoes?
Re: Tomato Millionaires In The Making... by Estrada(m): 2:38pm On Jun 06, 2016
[quote author=I888 post=46322814][/quote]
Pls repost the link to download the book.
Re: Tomato Millionaires In The Making... by docjuli(m): 2:53pm On Jun 06, 2016
Where is Erisco Foods?
Re: Tomato Millionaires In The Making... by millhouse: 3:01pm On Jun 06, 2016
Good one
Re: Tomato Millionaires In The Making... by ManTiger(m): 3:11pm On Jun 06, 2016
Dangote: Carlos Helu Slim of Mexico, Sadist, he's someone who derives satisfaction from bein cruel otherwise known as sadist.

1 Like

Re: Tomato Millionaires In The Making... by Onegai(f): 3:30pm On Jun 06, 2016
Everyone praising Dangote: the West who invented canning and processing is now encouraging people to buy organic and eat healthier. So as to stop the plague of Cancer sweeping their society. But Dangote (who knows this and eats healthy) is doubling the amount paid to farmers to provide him with the tomatoes rather than sell on the open market. Making a lack of fresh tomatoes and forcing the poor to buy his product and eat less healthy. There is no wealthy family in Nigeria who eats frozen stuff and tinned tomatoes, quote me anywhere on this. But the poor don't care. This is exactly the same situation that happened in the U.S. decades ago that forced the U.S. department of health to start programs targeting blacks and minorities to eat better (they couldn't afford organic food or cooking and suddenly the rate of Cancer, obesity and diabetes and diseases was rising rapidly in that group). But Nigeria is not so fortunate. Our children are being fed cheap food lacking in nutrients whilst the wealthy do their best to live healthy.

So keep hailing Dangote.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tomato Millionaires In The Making... by AbsalomOtutu(m): 3:34pm On Jun 06, 2016
Ooppss This list is incomplete without YMODULUS.
Re: Tomato Millionaires In The Making... by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 06, 2016
The tomatoes aren't only wasted because they're not stored properly.

The main setback here is that our weather is too harsh and makes the tomato bad in a short time as compared to colder climates (eg Europe), where your tomato could last over a weekwithout being stored in the refridgerator.

1 Like

Re: Tomato Millionaires In The Making... by Clinton594(m): 4:13pm On Jun 06, 2016
chimah3:
Good for them!!!

Hope Dangote will allow them prosper!!!

Hahahahaha chei naija which way nah, so dangote Na dream crusher grin

1 Like

Re: Tomato Millionaires In The Making... by kenoz(m): 5:04pm On Jun 06, 2016
Imteresting
Re: Tomato Millionaires In The Making... by sinceraconcept(m): 5:15pm On Jun 06, 2016
kolardzy:
Totally concur with the Op
Tomato Business is BIG business.. Really Youths should go back to agriculture as it is the only remedy to our growing excessive import problems and Oil price fluctuation problem .Nigeria has a high potential of being a TOP producer in Africa sha
you go fear bling bling na
Re: Tomato Millionaires In The Making... by I888(m): 5:41pm On Jun 06, 2016
Onegai:
Everyone praising Dangote: the West who invented canning and processing is now encouraging people to buy organic and eat healthier. So as to stop the plague of Cancer sweeping their society. But Dangote (who knows this and eats healthy) is doubling the amount paid to farmers to provide him with the tomatoes rather than sell on the open market. Making a lack of fresh tomatoes and forcing the poor to buy his product and eat less healthy. There is no wealthy family in Nigeria who eats frozen stuff and tinned tomatoes, quote me anywhere on this. But the poor don't care. This is exactly the same situation that happened in the U.S. decades ago that forced the U.S. department of health to start programs targeting blacks and minorities to eat better (they couldn't afford organic food or cooking and suddenly the rate of Cancer, obesity and diabetes and diseases was rising rapidly in that group). But Nigeria is not so fortunate. Our children are being fed cheap food lacking in nutrients whilst the wealthy do their best to live healthy.

So keep hailing Dangote.
You are among the problem in this country, a very HUGE one at that. Nigeria import all the tin tomatoes sold in the country, including one you use to cook your watery stew. A man decide to step in to stop the importation, here you are screaming with your conspiracy theories.

When you are already having so much hatred for the rich, why would you see where it was stated in the piece that Nigeria is the largest tomatoes producer in Africa and still the largest importer of tomatoes because of poor processing and storage facilities and therefore losing over 50% of the harvested tomatoes.

Yes, Dangote is this and that... but he has no more brains, eyes, hands and legs that your hateful self has but you would rather sit behind your 2nd hand device to spill rubbish instead of using same hands to farm tomatoes so that we won't be having the kind of shortage we currently have. Or does Dangote have 2 heads? It's a fellow Nairalander like yourself who is scouting the West bank of the continent to help reduce the shortage of tomatoes in the country, in person of Ymodulus because of the Tomatoes Ebola that has destroyed the ones we have and dangote using the few to produce tomatoes paste, which has even been suspended by his company because there are no tomatoes to supply his plant due to the tomatoes disease.

I am sure you didnt even know there is a disease that destroyed the tomatoes. angry angry angry angry

I detest and dislike people who people who are only good at blaming but can't be part of the solution... get your idle hands off that device and enter the farm if you really meaning the nonsense you wrote up there.
Re: Tomato Millionaires In The Making... by I888(m): 5:45pm On Jun 06, 2016
Millerz:
The tomatoes aren't only wasted because they're not stored properly.

The main setback here is that our weather is too harsh and makes the tomato bad in a short time as compared to colder climates (eg Europe), where your tomato could last over a weekwithout being stored in the refridgerator.

So what is the solution? You people should stop saying what is already obvious. We know tomatoes get spoilt BUT WHAT IS THE SOLUTION? You are part of the problem if all you ever do is talk about the problem but never the solution.

1 Like

Re: Tomato Millionaires In The Making... by Onegai(f): 7:33pm On Jun 06, 2016
I888:
You are among the problem in this country, a very HUGE one at that. Nigeria import all the tin tomatoes sold in the country, including one you use to cook your watery stew. A man decide to step in to stop the importation, here you are screaming with your conspiracy theories.

When you are already having so much hatred for the rich, why would you see where it was stated in the piece that Nigeria is the largest tomatoes producer in Africa and still the largest importer of tomatoes because of poor processing and storage facilities and therefore losing over 50% of the harvested tomatoes.

Yes, Dangote is this and that... but he has no more brains, eyes, hands and legs that your hateful self has but you would rather sit behind your 2nd hand device to spill rubbish instead of using same hands to farm tomatoes so that we won't be having the kind of shortage we currently have. Or does Dangote have 2 heads? It's a fellow Nairalander like yourself who is scouting the West bank of the continent to help reduce the shortage of tomatoes in the country, in person of Ymodulus because of the Tomatoes Ebola that has destroyed the ones we have and dangote using the few to produce tomatoes paste, which has even been suspended by his company because there are no tomatoes to supply his plant due to the tomatoes disease.

I am sure you didnt even know there is a disease that destroyed the tomatoes. angry angry angry angry

I detest and dislike people who people who are only good at blaming but can't be part of the solution... get your idle hands off that device and enter the farm if you really meaning the nonsense you wrote up there.

And if I have this inside knowledge and I'm talking, that's because I'm a mother who sees people feeding their young children Indomie and tinned foods and I feel sad for them. Because none of the medical consultants in my life would let me do so.

Goodnight.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tomato Millionaires In The Making... by Onegai(f): 7:34pm On Jun 06, 2016
I888:

I'm modifying this comment because someone offline saw it and told me to take it down, as it was too revealing. I'll summarize what I wrote: you're an idio.t, you know nothing about Big Business in Nigeria and you can keep your myopic ideas in your small brain. Goodnight.
Re: Tomato Millionaires In The Making... by LuckyLadolce(m): 7:52pm On Jun 06, 2016
demydea:
MR AKINWALE

He is an entrepreneur in making of Tomato plantation. He is in the experimental stage of tomato plantation to have a first hand experience of how tomato is been planted. He hopes to start a large scale tomato plantation as soon as he succeed in the experimental stage of planting tomato.
Here below is the stage he has gotten to.

This is week 3 of plantation.
I am planning to fully commence a large scape tomato plantation on a 4-5 Hectares of land after my experiment.
May i ask... Can i come for training too?
Re: Tomato Millionaires In The Making... by Caleb5: 8:35pm On Jun 06, 2016
5. Ymodulus! "... .. wink
Re: Tomato Millionaires In The Making... by lordhugo(m): 8:54pm On Jun 06, 2016
Tomatoes farming is lucrative but also with a lot of pitfalls just at the OP rightly stated.

Your inputs in tomatoes farming have to be top notch and the most important input is the SEED.

All seeds have to have their right nutrient and environmental conditions met for optimum growth.

Some are best for rainy season... Others dry

Determinate varieties in open fields and greenhouses
Inderterminate in greenhouses only (but year round production)

I recommend East-west seeds Padma.
Very tolerant of heat and humidity and wonderful plum fruits.

I distribute vegetable seeds from cucumber to peppers, watermelon to cabbage...
...and tomatoes of course.

Attached are pictures of seedlings, after transplant and the fruits of padma.

Call me on 080.30964896

1 Like

Re: Tomato Millionaires In The Making... by I888(m): 10:06pm On Jun 06, 2016
Onegai:

You're an idio.t because you know nothing. I've attended meetings with Dangote, as part of another team from another company. I can't say much because it would be easy to identify which companies I'm talking about. I'm from the class that can afford to buy fresh tomatoes no matter the price. I have a Science degree so I'm well-read on most topics and I like and followe Agriculture (ask them there, I'm looking for companies to invest in on behalf of people) and my family work for one of the biggest Agro companies around. I know more than you will ever comprehend.

And if I have this inside knowledge and I'm talking, that's because I'm a mother who sees people feeding their young children Indomie and tinned foods and I feel sad for them. Because none of the medical consultants in my life would let me do so.

Goodnight.
yeah... looking for company to invest in for months now, even on ymodulus thread, you were still looking for company to invest in. Who cares about your degree or if your family work company richer than dangote. I am not among the Nigerians who worship paper qualifications which means I only respect those who proffer solutions and take massive action rather than sit the filthy hands blaming others for their failure, I will give a primary 6 Ymodulus who is out there not blaming but helping to solve the tomatoes shortage a sit and will tell you Miss Blamer with your PhD to get out any day any time...
Re: Tomato Millionaires In The Making... by kolardzy(m): 5:14am On Jun 07, 2016
sinceraconcept:
you go fear bling bling na
grin
Re: Tomato Millionaires In The Making... by DOD1: 12:13pm On Jun 14, 2016
I888:
[size=20pt]Tomato Millionaires In The Making:How These 4 Smart Entrepreneurs Are Making Money from Africa’s Tomato Problems[/size]
Re: Tomato Millionaires In The Making... by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jun 18, 2016
The solution is to store it far below room temperature.
I888:
So what is the solution? You people should stop saying what is already obvious. We know tomatoes get spoilt BUT WHAT IS THE SOLUTION? You are part of the problem if all you ever do is talk about the problem but never the solution.
Re: Tomato Millionaires In The Making... by konews: 7:11am On Oct 30, 2020

(1) (2) (Reply)

GTBank Is Opening Unsolicited Bank Accounts For Unsuspecting Customers Unawares / How To Set Up A Mini Kerosene Depot And Make Money / Marian Market Calabar Gutted By Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.