Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,705 members, 7,862,220 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 11:38 AM

I Fought Corruption By Making Money Unavailable For People To Touch- Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Fought Corruption By Making Money Unavailable For People To Touch- Jonathan (1088 Views)

We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan / "This Is The Govt I Fought For"Released Blogger Abubakar Sidik Voices Out.Photos / Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Fought Corruption By Making Money Unavailable For People To Touch- Jonathan by osinbanjoisaliar: 2:15pm On Jun 06, 2016
The immediate past
President, Dr. Goodluck
Jonathan has observed that
there have been corrupt
practices in the country since
Independence, but stressed
that his administration did
very well to curtail it.
Speaking in an interview with
Bloomberg
, the former president
averred that, “I cannot say
that the country since the
beginning of our
Independence, that there
was no corruption. Yes,
there has been corruption.”
Jonathan continued, “I did
very well also to curtail
corruption. My approach to
corruption was: don’t make
money available for anybody
to touch.
“We made sure that the area
of fertilizer subsidies was
cleaned up. The whole
corruption there was
removed. I wanted to do the
same thing in the oil sector
but the very people that
have been accusing us of
corruption are the very
people that frustrated it. It’s
unfortunate.”
http://dailypost.ng/2016/06/06/i-fought-corruption-by-making-money-unavailable-for-people-to-touch-jonathan/
Re: I Fought Corruption By Making Money Unavailable For People To Touch- Jonathan by SuperS1Panther: 2:18pm On Jun 06, 2016
Your Minister of Finance said it all --. "You lack political will".

4 Likes

Re: I Fought Corruption By Making Money Unavailable For People To Touch- Jonathan by ikbnice(m): 2:19pm On Jun 06, 2016
GEJ
Re: I Fought Corruption By Making Money Unavailable For People To Touch- Jonathan by MrPolitics: 2:23pm On Jun 06, 2016
I know this will make front page
Re: I Fought Corruption By Making Money Unavailable For People To Touch- Jonathan by lordizak(m): 2:24pm On Jun 06, 2016
Some people go still say APC can lie, but PDP lie na oga o.

2 Likes

Re: I Fought Corruption By Making Money Unavailable For People To Touch- Jonathan by ganisucks(f): 2:26pm On Jun 06, 2016
Jonathan is on fiiirrreee. Nigerians should get ready for GEJ2.0. Osinbanjo, start packing your bags

1 Like

Re: I Fought Corruption By Making Money Unavailable For People To Touch- Jonathan by aramadaokunrin(m): 2:27pm On Jun 06, 2016
OK o
Re: I Fought Corruption By Making Money Unavailable For People To Touch- Jonathan by ganisucks(f): 2:29pm On Jun 06, 2016
MrPolitics:
I know this will make front page
You people care too much about FP. Just drop your comment and go

2 Likes

Re: I Fought Corruption By Making Money Unavailable For People To Touch- Jonathan by reverendfather: 2:30pm On Jun 06, 2016
jona the ever humble yet clueless boss.

2 Likes

Re: I Fought Corruption By Making Money Unavailable For People To Touch- Jonathan by aresa: 2:31pm On Jun 06, 2016
But the stealing is not corruption loser gave billions to Dasuki to loot and share

The 400 million you stole and dash metuh nko?

Thank God Nigerians kicked this worthless man out of office..

4 Likes

Re: I Fought Corruption By Making Money Unavailable For People To Touch- Jonathan by yarimo(m): 2:35pm On Jun 06, 2016
But I thought after living office GEJ will stop drinking ogogoro so as to no when to talk.

2 Likes

Re: I Fought Corruption By Making Money Unavailable For People To Touch- Jonathan by TippyTop(m): 2:35pm On Jun 06, 2016
Ok
Re: I Fought Corruption By Making Money Unavailable For People To Touch- Jonathan by pheliciti: 2:44pm On Jun 06, 2016
Someone that should hide his head in shame still goes about saying he fought corruption?
Wonders shall never end!
Re: I Fought Corruption By Making Money Unavailable For People To Touch- Jonathan by ricsman(m): 2:57pm On Jun 06, 2016
who fertilizer subsidy epp
Re: I Fought Corruption By Making Money Unavailable For People To Touch- Jonathan by aieromon(m): 3:22pm On Jun 06, 2016
My approach to corruption was: don’t make
money available for anybody to touch.
“We made sure that the area of fertilizer subsidies was cleaned up. The whole corruption there was removed. I wanted to do the same thing in the oil sector but the very people that have been accusing us of corruption are the very people that frustrated it. It’s unfortunate.”

Good approach but lack of political will to fight to finish. Nigeria under Baba still has traces of corrupt schemers but people are beginning to have a rethink about the consequences of their actions.
Re: I Fought Corruption By Making Money Unavailable For People To Touch- Jonathan by gambit10: 4:36pm On Jun 06, 2016
how??... this one can confuse somebody with his stupid statement
Re: I Fought Corruption By Making Money Unavailable For People To Touch- Jonathan by Adminisher: 4:50pm On Jun 06, 2016
Jonathan's cluelessness is from the womb.
If EFCC interogates this man for just one hour, he will send himself, Dieziani, Patience, Dasuki, Metuh, FFK, NOI to Prison. Just one hour interrogation.

1 Like

Re: I Fought Corruption By Making Money Unavailable For People To Touch- Jonathan by otukpo(f): 4:52pm On Jun 06, 2016
We await Buhari and his investigation report.
Re: I Fought Corruption By Making Money Unavailable For People To Touch- Jonathan by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jun 06, 2016
Lol
Re: I Fought Corruption By Making Money Unavailable For People To Touch- Jonathan by georgecso(m): 5:13pm On Jun 06, 2016
hmmm.....
Re: I Fought Corruption By Making Money Unavailable For People To Touch- Jonathan by Nusaf: 5:33pm On Jun 06, 2016
What is this one saying? Is he referring to the administration that turned the CBN to personal ATM machine for all government officials?

(1) (Reply)

Who Killed Funsho Williams? (screen grab) / Beggers And Blinds Protest Against Buhari In Niger State / Difference Between Nigeria I.C.T And That Of Kenya (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.