Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Military Girl Crowned Miss USA For The First Time Ever! - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Military Girl Crowned Miss USA For The First Time Ever! (1172 Views)

50-Year-Old Woman Weds For The First Time In Port Harcourt (Photos) / #riversat50 PAGEANTRY: Miss Charity Crowned Miss Rivers GOLDEN JUBILEE / 60-Year-Old First Time Nigerian Bride Weds Her Man (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Military Girl Crowned Miss USA For The First Time Ever! by lifezone247(m): 3:25pm On Jun 06, 2016
This year’s newly crowned Miss USA has both beauty and brains in spades – and has also served her country.

Miss District of Columbia Deshauna Barber will go on to compete in the Miss Universe contest as the winner of Sunday’s 2016 Miss USA competition held at the T-Mobile Arena off the Las Vegas Strip.

Barber, who works as an IT analyst for the U.S. Department of Commerce in Washington D.C. as well as a Logistics Commander for the 988th Quartermaster Detachment Unit at Fort Meade, Maryland, broke down in tears as she won.

The 26-year-old, whose mother, father, brother and sister have also served in the army, claimed the title after giving a strong answer when asked about women in combat, saying that gender doesn’t limit women in America.

Barber said that women are just as tough as men during the question-and-answer segment, adding: ‘As a commander of my unit, I’m powerful, I am dedicated. Gender does not limit us in the United States.’

Barber is the first-ever member of the military to win Miss USA.

http://www.acetv.com.ng/military-girl-crowned-miss-usa-for-the-first-time-ever/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Re: Military Girl Crowned Miss USA For The First Time Ever! by SUPOL(m): 3:54pm On Jun 06, 2016
Wow Great.

1 Like

Re: Military Girl Crowned Miss USA For The First Time Ever! by Flygeriansteve: 6:32pm On Jun 06, 2016
Now this is nice undecided
Re: Military Girl Crowned Miss USA For The First Time Ever! by TheFirstLady: 11:56pm On Jun 06, 2016
Stevecantrell
Re: Military Girl Crowned Miss USA For The First Time Ever! by stevecantrell: 1:17am On Jun 07, 2016
TheFirstLady:
Stevecantrell

You summoned ?

What's shaking ? I just found out something about you...

I see you're still using Aisha's monicker.

PM me...its working now.
Re: Military Girl Crowned Miss USA For The First Time Ever! by TheFirstLady: 7:17am On Jun 07, 2016
stevecantrell:

You summoned ?

What's shaking ? I just found out something about you...

I see you're still using Aisha's monicker.

PM me...its working now.
hey,got the pm?
Re: Military Girl Crowned Miss USA For The First Time Ever! by Emmaxmusic(m): 5:40am On Jun 12, 2016
nice

(1) (Reply)

Learn How To Decorate At Home Without Going School Of It / Nairalander Weds On Boxing Day. See Beautiful Pictures / JUST IN: 'snow' Falls In Ekiti State (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.