Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,541 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

‘I Am Being Investigated For Corruption’- Goodluck Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘I Am Being Investigated For Corruption’- Goodluck Jonathan (980 Views)

Buhari Receives Investigated Report Of Suspended SGF & DG Of NIA From Osinbajo / “buhari Is Investigating Me For Corruption” – Goodluck Jonathan / Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘I Am Being Investigated For Corruption’- Goodluck Jonathan by examhall(f): 3:31pm On Jun 06, 2016

In an interview with Bloomberg TV this morning, former President Goodluck Jonathan, said he is aware he is being investigated for corruption in Nigeria. Asked if he was aware that he is being investigated, Jonathan said

“Of course, obviously we would be investigated and I am being investigated. Yes, investigations are going on”]/b] he said
He says he wouldn’t want to comment on whether the investigators would find anything incriminating. [b]
“I wouldn’t want to comment on certain things because when a government is working, it is not proper for the immediate past president to make certain statements. I would allow the government to do the work they are supposed to do. After all the investigations, the whole story would be properly chronicled”
he said
Jonathan, said he doesn’t feel liable for the poor state of the Nigerian economy.
“No. You see the economy of Nigeria somehow depends on oil and at anytime that oil prices drop, it affects the economy significantly in terms of its contribution to the GDP”
he said
On the assumption that he left an empty treasury, Jonathan said
“That is not true. There is no way he would have inherited empty treasury and at the same time give bailout to the states. It is not possible. Nigeria is a fairly robust economy. but sometimes we over politicize certain issues and make it look so bad but it was not that bad”.

Source: http://timenaija.com/i-am-being-investigated-for-corruption-goodluck-jonathan/

1 Like

Re: ‘I Am Being Investigated For Corruption’- Goodluck Jonathan by examhall(f): 3:31pm On Jun 06, 2016
That's my President
Re: ‘I Am Being Investigated For Corruption’- Goodluck Jonathan by TANTUMERGO007(m): 3:33pm On Jun 06, 2016
Nobody can touch you sir, we(youth of this country) are solidly behind you sir.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Am Being Investigated For Corruption’- Goodluck Jonathan by Mynd44: 3:38pm On Jun 06, 2016
Re: ‘I Am Being Investigated For Corruption’- Goodluck Jonathan by Aremu01(m): 3:40pm On Jun 06, 2016
So.....?
Re: ‘I Am Being Investigated For Corruption’- Goodluck Jonathan by Gayigaskia(m): 3:40pm On Jun 06, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
Nobody can touch you sir, we(youth of this country) are solidly behind you sir.

Speak for yourself dude

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Am Being Investigated For Corruption’- Goodluck Jonathan by Ramon92: 3:41pm On Jun 06, 2016
Only those with bleached common sense won't know what this man did for Nigeria during his tenure, despite his political shortcomings..

GEJ, The hero of our democracy..

1 Like

Re: ‘I Am Being Investigated For Corruption’- Goodluck Jonathan by PRYCE(m): 3:47pm On Jun 06, 2016
Even if you rob central bank in broad daylight, nobody go touch u!!!
Re: ‘I Am Being Investigated For Corruption’- Goodluck Jonathan by bimbod(m): 3:55pm On Jun 06, 2016
That's their problem
Re: ‘I Am Being Investigated For Corruption’- Goodluck Jonathan by youngaz(m): 3:55pm On Jun 06, 2016
All of u above me are nt tinking straight.......he is a suspect because luk at d huge amount of money stolen during his tenure,although he might not b aware of it bt he put dose pple in d position to steal esp. Dat heartless man called dasuki......if he knws he is innocent he shuld cum out to d EFCC nd help dem wit d ongoin ivestigation so he will b clean.....i repeat "if he knws he is innocent".....bt if he kips saying diz to d outside world den am afraid he is kippin sumtin

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Am Being Investigated For Corruption’- Goodluck Jonathan by agabusta: 3:57pm On Jun 06, 2016
examhall:

In an interview with Bloomberg TV this morning, former President Goodluck Jonathan, said he is aware he is being investigated for corruption in Nigeria. Asked if he was aware that he is being investigated, Jonathan said

“Of course, obviously we would be investigated and I am being investigated. Yes, investigations are going on” he said
He says he wouldn’t want to comment on whether the investigators would find anything incriminating.
“I wouldn’t want to comment on certain things because when a government is working, it is not proper for the immediate past president to make certain statements. I would allow the government to do the work they are supposed to do. After all the investigations, the whole story would be properly chronicled”[/b] he said

Jonathan, said he doesn’t feel liable for the poor state of the Nigerian economy.
“No. You see the economy of Nigeria somehow depends on oil and at anytime that oil prices drop, it affects the economy significantly in terms of its contribution to the GDP”
he said
On the assumption that he left an empty treasury, Jonathan said
“That is not true. There is no way he would have inherited empty treasury and at the same time give bailout to the states. It is not possible. Nigeria is a fairly robust economy. but sometimes we over politicize certain issues and make it look so bad but it was not that bad”.

Source: http://timenaija.com/i-am-being-investigated-for-corruption-goodluck-jonathan/

Wailers wont agree with the bold part. They will scream their usual trash, that it is the burukutu sipping PMB that caused it.

They will definitely wail till 2019.
Re: ‘I Am Being Investigated For Corruption’- Goodluck Jonathan by mrvitalis(m): 3:58pm On Jun 06, 2016
Jonathan is a good man (even ameachi said that many times)
He was an apprentice president and he never really wanted power, we literally forced him to rule us, so I don't blame him much
The old theifs saw this innocent man and used him to loot this country dry, Buhari understands this and that's why he won't arrest Jonathan... But he should be cooperative

God bless Nigeria
Re: ‘I Am Being Investigated For Corruption’- Goodluck Jonathan by Mylove55(f): 3:59pm On Jun 06, 2016
examhall:
That's my President
corrupt akpako president

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Like Fayose, Like Lere.. Lere Olayinka Is Poorer Than Pry 2 Pupil In Maths [PIX] / Never Give Up.... Cool Story / Man Abandoned By His Wife For Being Poor Wins N63m Jackpot Lottery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.