Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post (40035 Views)

Oduduwa Republic Will Be Realised And Nothing Can Stop It- FFK / Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There’s One Way To Stop It –financial Post / Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There’s One Way To Stop It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by nairalandankrah: 9:43am On Jun 07, 2016
you should have simply collected the key abi?. mr man does this look like a wole soyinka literature thread to you.? anyway, the truth is, if you wanna pass a message it has to be done through a means which the other party can comprehend . it is called EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION.. so, lets say that it is their(NDA) own way of asking the fed gvt for their car key.. violence, strike, riot etc are the only language the government of nigeria understands..abi you be jjc?(no offence)

2 Likes

Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by Generalyemi(m): 9:44am On Jun 07, 2016
ridwanayo:
This thread stinks of bigotry,hatred directed by some people to the noble yoruba tribeyou guys should get ur bia--- nd leave our region jorh,u guys keep shouting our oyel nd its only 2 s.east state dat produce oil.una poil self no reach d one wey they ondo.u guys always wishing yoruba could be wipped out of earth surface,whay are u so filled with hatred oga oh.when you are going just tell linda nd other igbo's in s.west nd those ones in ladipo to carry there house nd dere store,don't forget to tell shoekudi to carry his galla to go nd hawk in biafra cause we are gonna form our own republic.nd please take all the land,soil,water nd plant in lago with u since u are the ones that brought it to lagos

trash from u..as usual

3 Likes

Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by Dee60: 9:44am On Jun 07, 2016
x12345678x:

I like ur write up and I fink u wrote in the sincerety of ur heart, but I must ask; do u fink this system is d best we can operate on?...is there an improved alternative we should exploit? Thanks

Nigeria was doing quite well till the 70's? What did we do right? Fewer states, with less burden on our financial resources, unlike now when the bulk of the resources are used to finance the lavish lifesyles of 36 governors and thousands of legislators (at federal and state levels). If half of that has been put into education the country would have gone far. If the youths are in schools and learning how to be productive, they wont be preys in the hands of BH, NDA and the likes! We can learn from India. They have not allowed ethnic diversity to stand in the way of progess and today they have about the fastest growing econmy in the world. Indians can joke with anything but not with EDUCATION.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by Safemode(m): 9:46am On Jun 07, 2016
softtouch2:
Propaganda written by disgruntled terrorizing-Biafrans!
whether its propaganda or not, we will break up.
I m a Yoruba man, I support Biafra or any region that wants to break up should do.
We are not compatible together

3 Likes

Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by Nnachuka(m): 9:46am On Jun 07, 2016
YorubaHighness:

Another onitsha lunatic. How's the survival of this nation my concern? Gullibos really wish Yorubas care if they stay or go grin
don't be a fool

2 Likes

Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by Vulu: 9:48am On Jun 07, 2016
osabuohein:
The NDA should ensure they protect the lives of the innocent civilians living in the community or better still take them to some place safe before the missile launch. They should also use this opportunity to go into an alliance with countries like Russia, North Korea, China, France, Germany and Egypt.

Thank you my brother, if we must get rid of the murderous hausa and fulani we must go into alliance with world powers even if it means promising them all the oil in the world.

If the British are bent on preserving this lugardian slave camp. We must take their quota in the Niger delta and offer it to Americans, Chinese and Russians. Tides must change!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 07, 2016
[s]
whirlwind7:
All you morons up there saying thrash. Do you need a prophet to tell you guys that we are headed for a failed state? Once the crunch occurs, many of you are going to become victims.

Every single politician, both actively engaged or otherwise, knows that this system is not working, and IT CAN NEVER WORK except there is a massive restructuring of governance. They just pay lip service about things getting better soon because supporting the entity called Nigeria is what puts money in their pocket.
Let's assume the NDA suddenly repents and disengage from destroying oil facilities, and Boko Haram makes peace with itself and the society, what happens next? We keep operating a sham system based on ethnicity and nepotism. Way to go! Will it stop the rampaging herdsmen from their activities? Will it make the Fulanis suddenly realize that every other tribe has an equal stake, and nobody can be lord over others?

The sooner we face reality, the better chances we have at coming out of this predicament intact. We don't have a nation. We have never had anything close to a real nation since independence. For all those who keep pointing accusing fingers at other tribes, saying IPOB or Biafra is behind the report. Ask yourselves one very honest question: Would you willingly give your life up in exchange for your so called country? If you were told that your death would mean a better Nigeria, are you patriotic enough to forfeit your life for that?

Test your loyalty then. Know where your allegiance truly lies.
[/s]

Patriotism starts from you. What about the soldiers on the war front against insurgence. They don't have life ba? If your governors and so-called senators have not eaten your birth rights. you won't be saying this rubbish.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by ridwanayo(m): 9:50am On Jun 07, 2016
[quote author=Nnachuka post=46347912]I can feel your anger and hate but trust me it never gets anyone anywhere, and you should at least be sensitive and sensible in all your are saying, that is wisdom. I wish you well, have a nice day, I'm an Igbo and solicit for the disintegration of the East from Nigeria not in war but in peace, regardless I wish Nigeria all the best and you too, no blood which has been shed was irrelevant, we don't want war but peace, with all the hatred I ask, what has the igbos done to offend? [/quote ]am d one who should be asking what yoruba has done to offend you,I use to support igbo's against yoruba before cause I felt they are being marginalised,but with the way u guys hate yoruba its to much,ceven before 2015 election,an igbo indigene on nairaland once said there plan is nt biafra but to conquer nd rule yoruba for 600years nd den divide nigeria,u guys have always hated yoruba even than the northerners that keep killing you.now who is full of hatred btw igbo's nd yoruba.ever since niger/delta avengers said they wanna lauch missile u guys have being calling yoruba like its the president is a yoruba man,why not face the northerners can u tell me why the igbo's hate yoruba's please
Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by CXLVII: 9:52am On Jun 07, 2016
[s][size=4pt][b]
Noneroone:

Nigeria, Africa’s most populous country with 180 million people, and its largest economy with a US$1.1 trillion GDP, is imploding: Insurrections by Boko Haram and others; sectarian butchery where the country’s Muslim north meets its Christian south; corruption so rampant it ranks as the country’s second-largest industry; and plummeting oil production are making the country ungovernable.

This resource-rich former British colony — until recently Africa’s largest oil exporter — is now racking up deficits, and negotiating multi-billion dollar bailouts through agencies such as the World Bank.

But bailouts from rich countries won’t cure Nigeria’s dysfunctions. This immense country is artificial, a forced union of three major and hundreds of minor ethnic groups speaking different languages, observing different legal codes and loyal to different tribal groups. Nigeria’s cure will start when the ahistorical boundary cavalierly drawn on a map by Britain’s colonial masters dissolves. The more coherent constituent nations to emerge — composed largely of the Igbo in the southeast, the Yoruba in the southwest and the Hausa and Fulani in the north — would be less burdened by the many rivalries that now hobble the central government, and better positioned to govern themselves.

A first attempt at that necessary dissolution occurred in 1967, seven years after Britain gave Nigeria its independence, when the Igbo and related tribes of its oil-producing southeast broke away to form the Republic of Biafra. This nascent black African Christian republic, with a population of 14 million in an area larger than Ireland, was soon officially recognized by other black nations in Africa as well as Haiti in North America, and was unofficially supported by France, Spain, Norway, Israel and other Western nations, along with the Vatican and various Catholic organizations such as U.S. Catholic Relief Services. Biafrans, who had a culture of village democracy, tended to be skilled, entrepreneurial, relatively prosperous and relatively literate. The Republic of Biafra had the international legitimacy, the human capital and the resource wealth to be viable.

But the support that came from its sympathizers was almost entirely moral, forcing Biafra and its initial 3,000-man army to manufacture most of its own arms in a civil war against the Nigerian army, which was armed by the United Kingdom and the Soviet Union. Some two to three million perished in the two-and-a-half years that Biafrans held out against their better armed, more numerous enemy, before surrendering and reintegrating into Nigeria.

Nigeria since the Biafran War saw waves of military coups and repression. It stayed intact only because its oil revenues enabled the central government to finance its military and to buy off rebel insurgents. With oil revenues down, the central government reduced the payouts to tens of thousands of militants by 70 per cent, leading to widespread upset. In recent weeks, a new pro-Biafran militant group demanding sovereignty, the Niger Delta Avengers (NDA), has attacked the country’s oil infrastructure, almost halving Nigeria’s oil production to 1.4 million barrels a day. “Our goal is to cripple Nigeria’s economy,” NDA vowed, and it is making good on its vow. Among its successes: blowing up two Chevron export terminals and an underwater pipeline that forced Royal Dutch Shell to shut a terminal handling 250,000 barrels of oil a day.

The Nigerian military not only needs to contain popular unrest in the Biafra region — the local press reports 53 killed in a “Biafra bloodbath” on Monday during a march commemorating the anniversary of Biafran independence — it also needs to contend with Boko Haram, which aims to establish a caliphate in the Muslim north-east. But Nigerian forces are dispirited and ineffectual, short of ammunition, poorly trained and poorly paid.

Even if World Bank financing comes through, the loans won’t do much for an economy in shambles. The national currency has depreciated 70 per cent in the last year, leading to high inflation; government workers in 26 of the country’s 36 states haven’t received their monthly salary for months; and severe gasoline shortages led the government to end price controls, causing a 67 per cent hike in prices at the pump.

Nigeria doesn’t need cash; it needs good governance, which is likelier to occur if the Igbo rule themselves in the southeast, the Yoruba in the southwest and the Hausa and Fulani in the north. The West blew it a half-century ago when the Igbos attempted to achieve self-determination by establishing the Republic of Biafra. We may soon see a reprise of that civil war. How the West responds will determine whether the nation states within Nigeria achieve self-determination, or whether Nigeria, like Libya and Somalia, becomes another failed state.

http://business.financialpost.com/fp-comment/lawrence-solomon-oil-rich-nigeria-is-ready-to-implode-theres-one-way-to-stop-it

[/b][/size][/s]

Article so full of sentiments, devoid of the truth and louds the hate inside the writer.

In conclusion, its outright JARGONS

2 Likes

Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by Generalyemi(m): 9:54am On Jun 07, 2016
[quote author=ridwanayo post=46348165][/quote] go back to your history text books.it will help u
Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by Norajones(f): 9:54am On Jun 07, 2016
The last time I spoke and poured out all my heart content, I was banned. And that made me realize that Nigeria can never be one. Why ban me for simply expressing myself with no pretense or facade or charade? I'm from NIGER DELTA I know what we are going through over there, no good water,things are expensive, no job for us there yet the north and west are the ones controlling the oil that God blessed Nigeria with.we go to look for work there @ least the oil is in our region we suppose to have more benefit but yet they give us menial jobs to do and pay us kobo. Why won't we rebel when all we hear is kunle,ayo,oluwaseun, mustapha,ibrahim etc @ the top of the oil, and yet they keep spreading hate both in speech and action. I can't lie Nigeria was a mistake there was no need for the amalgamation in the first place. Let's live separately and we'd learn to love,respect and miss each other. #united we fall,divided we stand. My dear brother died fighting for Nigeria in borno as an Army last year. My dad still serving the Nigerian Army there in up north,saw him last since october last year. So yes I'm the black sheep of the family, not every member of the family should concur to what they think its right. This country aint right.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by emmykk(m): 9:55am On Jun 07, 2016
Noneroone:
He who has ear let him hear
grin ;Dy grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by ridwanayo(m): 9:56am On Jun 07, 2016
Generalyemi:

trash from u..as usual
I agree with all what the op posted nd am in support of biafra nd any body dat wants to break out of nigeria.am also tired of the scam called one nigeria,but don't u think igbo's hatred for yoruba is to much nd can only lead to self destruction,since avengers promised to launch that yeye missile igbo's av being dancing all over nairaland nd creating thread just to taunt the yoruba's,the president is not a yoruba man but a fulani man.why not taunt the fulani's.do u expect me to support igbo's while they keep mocking my tribe
Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by CXLVII: 10:00am On Jun 07, 2016
Tallesty1:
Yea...... They like money so much that their anthem is Biafra or Death.

They love money so much that they willingly give their lives for the release of Kanu.

Stop living in 1967.

If you read the post, you will know that Nigeria cannot win war against biafra this time.

I don't pray for war though but it is good to state the obvious.

The country is broke and cannot fund military in war front.

The oil they may need is no longer completely theirs.

So stop inciting war and make peace because Niger Delta has begun starving Nigeria which you and I know was what they used to defeat Biafra.

You pray for one Nigeria yet you're here spreading hate speech which is what makes Igbo want to leave in the first place.

You re drunk and need help

2 Likes

Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by kjhova(m): 10:01am On Jun 07, 2016
I had to do a quick background check on the columnist, Mr. Lawrence Solomon and he seems to be a very credible scientist. A white Caucasian middle aged Canadian man with vast experience on a global scale that should give credibility to whatever he writes in his many columns. However, I think he has adopted a rather revisionist view of the happenings in Nigeria of the 60's based on his assumed bias towards a supposedly "Christian" Biafra against a supposedly majority muslim Nigeria.

On December 29, 2010, Solomon predicted a "clash of civilizations between Islam and the west," over the secession of southern Sudan. He predicted that northern Sudan would reject the secession, which would then pit "a club of non-Islamic nations" (including what he calls "Christian Kenya", "Christian Ethiopia" and Israel) against Islamic ones (including Iran) - Excerpt from Wikipedia (which is also easily corroborated from various on-line sources).

Whatever esteem Mr. Solomon may hold as an environmental scientist, he seem to lack in his understanding of world geo-politics in which he holds a somewhat jaundiced view of a bipolar world of Christian progressives and Muslim barbarians. This alone removes any credibility from his assessment of Nigeria's travails today.

The solution to Nigeria's problems is in believing in ourselves and holding sincere discuss on way forward for our various peoples. Surely, we should not hinge our views of our country on some ill-informed controversial Canadian scientist who possibly has never been to Nigeria before and cannot therefore be said to have a better understand of our issues than you and I.

We shall overcome someday.

1 Like

Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by Nobody: 10:02am On Jun 07, 2016
I will asssume most of the responders on this thread are kids with very few adults.

Before Lybia imploded, there were warnings from people outside the box. Financial Times is not a Nigerian news portal, I can only say, let's hope the separation be carried out peacefully, because there is no way the country can survive this particular level of entropy, especially when the President is emotionally fueled. I have lived in this country long enough and I see every President becoming more secular, and embracing all tribes and managing our fragile union until this one, this President should held accountable, because of his unguided statements.

Nigeria's external reserve can not sustain a war for 6 months without oil sales and Niger Delta Avengers know this, and its best for all of you, Yes all of you to think of life on emergency mode.

Personally, I am planning to buy a home in a nearby country in case the shit hits the ceiling I move my family there until it settles. No intelliget person can be caught sleeping, even if you dont die in war, your money will have no value, dont depend on it, cos whoever has tomatoes will save it for his/her consumption.

My advise are;

If you can afford, get a second home in a nearby country but if you cant, start prepping for war time farmine and pray that it doesnt happen.

Best bet is for the Yorubas, who are the major tendons binding this tribal nation together to plan a better name if Oduduwa Republic doesnt sounds nice, I personally prefer Niger Delta Republic to Biafra but whatever name my people come up with is okay for me.

But to the Fulani, I suggest they bear the same old name, Naijeria.

3 Likes

Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by jpphilips(m): 10:03am On Jun 07, 2016
Another Igbo man's investment destroyed by the Niger delta saboteurs aka Avengers.

NCTL pipeline is fed crude from OML 24 oil block covering Awoba and Ekulama 1&2 oil fields. Even though AITEO ( Chike Onyejekwe) owns the NCTL pipeline, the crippled oil block is owned by Festus Fadeyi and Felix Amieyeofori .
While Avengers told us 85% of the oil blocks are owned by northerners, so far, southerners are the hardest hit.

Below are the real targets of the Avengers listed by oil blocks crippled so far;

OML 26 (owned by FHN Egbert Imomoh),OML 30 (owned by kola karim), OML34,53,54 (Owned by Ibru) OML40 (owned by Emeka Offor) OML42 (Owned by Ernest Azudialu),OML 18 (owned by Charles odita, financed by, Diamond bank (paschal Dozie), fidelity bank (Peter obi) , OMLs 4, 38 & 41, (owned by ABC Orjiakor) .

So far in this battle, no northerner has been touched, Igbo entrepreneurs who recently invested in these oil blocks that have not recovered their investment funds let alone make profit are the real target of the Avengers, the Northern Gibberish was all hogwash and a huge distraction.
History is repeating itself!!

IGBOS BE WISE!!
Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by Generalyemi(m): 10:03am On Jun 07, 2016
ridwanayo:
I agree with all what the op posted nd am in support of biafra nd any body dat wants to break out of nigeria.am also tired of the scam called one nigeria,but don't u think igbo's hatred for yoruba is to much nd can only lead to self destruction,since avengers promised to launch that yeye missile igbo's av being dancing all over nairaland nd creating thread just to taunt the yoruba's,the president is not a yoruba man but a fulani man.why not taunt the fulani's.do u expect me to support igbo's while they keep mocking my tribe

no.not all..but my nigga..d hatred is mutual..your people are more comfortable merging with the Hausa n Fulani than d Igbo's. u hate us,we hate u...is not your fault...is lord luggard bitch that caused it.
Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by x12345678x: 10:04am On Jun 07, 2016
Dee60:

Nigeria was doing quite well till the 70's? What did we do right? Fewer states, with less burden on our financial resources, unlike now when the bulk of the resources are used to finance the lavish lifesyles of 36 governors and thousands of legislators (at federal and state levels). If half of that has been put into education the country would have gone far. If the youths are in schools and learning how to be productive, they wont be preys in the hands of BH, NDA and the likes! We can learn from India. They have not allowed ethnic diversity to stand in the way of progess and today they have about the fastest growing econmy in the world. Indians can joke with anything but not with EDUCATION.
Thanks for ur reply, u have highlighted dat d political class swallows up a huge percentage of our finances and to stop dat we need to revert to fewer states. That's rilly good buh I fink our problems run deeper than that.
We have a centre that's too strong and a system dat encourages states to sit back chillax and wait for the next money bag from abuja. This way if dia is a drop of revenue from abuja d states won't be able to pay salaries as is d case now.I believe entrenching the principles of true fiscal federalism is d way forward.
We will as a result exploit our internal revenue generating capacities and therfore care less abt who sits in abuja as president, saving us all the vitriolic and bigoted bad blood dat we r currently witnessing.
Am not a seccessionist(because a country of 167mill ppl is an asset no matter how u luk at it) but am strongly in favour of True Fiscal Federalism.

1 Like

Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by Nobody: 10:05am On Jun 07, 2016
softtouch2:
Propaganda written by disgruntled terrorizing-Biafrans!

Your head dey there.
Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by vani86: 10:05am On Jun 07, 2016
Okikiki:

I guess you read the writeup as I did.

The problem staring us at the face is the second largest industry thriving in Nigeria. Truth be told, the day meritocracy rules over nepotism, tribalism and bigotry is the day agitation against perceived marginalisation disappears.

But that is far from reality. You see the next person as IPOB, NDA, YORUBA MAN, HOUSA MAN, BOKOHARAM, FULANI HERDSMEN, before seeing him as a NIGERIAN.

The powerful force of disunity welling up in every Nigerian masks our beclouded minds from even being conscious of how far this dividing lines have separated us.

I am not surprised you exude this faulty cancerous ailment by seeing me as an Onitsha whatever before seeing me as A NIGERIAN.

TRUTH IS BITTER, BUT COMMONSENSE LISTENS WHEN WISDOM SPEAKS.

But wait a minute, IS COMMON SENSE Common?

dude, i have been following your replies and i can see the intelligence, honesty and insight in them.

you have a follower mate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by Reference(m): 10:06am On Jun 07, 2016
gateleo:
My father bought a 2015 Toyota Corolla for me as my birthday gift. But my elder brother took the car keys and he has been driving my car round town for many days to carry his friends and his girlfriend, and he doesn't allow me to drive my own car. I got angry and fed up of it all. I took a mental rod to smashed the windscreen of my car, poured gasoline on my car and i set fire on it. I destroyed the car beyond repair because i was angry so my elder brother could no longer drive my car anymore. Few Minutes after i destroyed my car, i realized i have taken the wrong decision. I should have simply and rightfully collected the car key from my elder brother because the car belongs to me. I regret my actions. I wish i could turn back the hands of time. This brings me to my topic.

DESTROYING MY OWN PROPERTY IN THE NAME OF ANGER.

"ANGER" is one letter short of "DANGER". This is what the Niger Delta Avenger (NDA) do not know. They destroy their own properties, aquatic lives and lands in other to stop federal government from having access to oil, instead of taking total control of the oil facilities and manage it. With due respect i would say they are most foolish.

The Libya militants never destroy pipelines and refineries in Libya. They took control of the pipelines and refineries, sell the products to raise funds for themselves and those they fight for. They are wise to know that destroying their pipelines and refineries would result to great loss not only to the government but to them as well, and also cause environmental pollutant and health problems.

When you blow up pipelines and oil facilities, the toxic burning out from the flames is poisonous to cause health problems like cancers and other ailment in the body as people inhale the polluted atmosphere. When pipelines and oil facilities are destroyed, the spill destroy crops, farm lands, and aquatic lives. the few lands left for people to farm are being destroyed and the bush animals are being caught up in wide fires set by the NDA to destroy government properties.

The Niger Delta Avengers should have known better that they are doing more damages to the innocent people of Niger Delta than the Federal government.

If they had taken control of these oil facilities and were selling the oils to buyers, i would have been more glad and support their quest. But they acted foolishly like a man destroying his own car to prevent his brother from driving his car, instead of just collecting the car keys.

With due respect, Rethink Niger Delta Avengers and stop this act of wickedness.

God bless Nigeria.

Just shut it there. If it was their own property, the rest of Nigeria and her government will be paying rent. Does it. Is that not what the agitation has been all about. They ask for OWNERSHIP and you send bombs and guns there, shoot and kill them. Who owns the farms on which tomatoes are grown, who owns the tomatoes and who decides the price of tomatoes, now do the same for oil because it is someone's land just like the rest of Nigeria. Even indigenous Indians in America and Aborigines in Australasia have better rights to their lands than the people of the Delta. Abeg, stop trying to be clever by half. They don't want you on their land again and if you must, respect their views, that's all.

I personally feel that a peoples united get a better mileage in life, the world is contracting rather than expanding, so I believe in Nigeria and possibilities it holds BUT, BUT, BUT.....NOT AT ANY COST. Everyone must belong, be treated equally, respected and contribute their own fair share of sufferings and blessings it holds. There must be social justice for all irrespective of tribe and religion and the government which represents her views and values must be accessible to all. There is a barometer which the US takes very seriously, that is 'the State of the Union'. It must be enshrined in our constitution and every Nigerian must be conscious of it, that he cannot take his gellow citizen for granted in any way and must be preoared to sacrifice everything including tribe and religion to ensure the union works. This is restructuring and I have advocated it for decades in public and years on this forum. Without it Nigeria cannot survive. It is not about them or us. It is about all of us or nothing.

So when you open your mouth and say ' it is THEIR lands they are polluting', believe me it is music to the ears of them that want out of this country because they will tell you, that it is not your responsibility to sweep your neighbours compound. Such foolish thought and speech does this country no good. The people of the Delta should be entreated, cajoled, begged to come to terms with the rest of Nigeria, so does the peoples of the East. That is what a good husband does to the wife he is not able to satisfy, not threatened or beaten and vise versa. That is how good marraiges of old endured and prospered. That is how great unions and enterprises exist till this day, understanding, cooperation and solidarity. Tomorrow it may be the north or west that wants something that makes it want out. Similarly the rest should rally round and sympathise. Enough of this acidic rhethoric and let us unite as a proper family. Call them to table and talk in love for our collective good. We have bled enough.

11 Likes

Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by hotwax: 10:09am On Jun 07, 2016
[size=16pt]Nigeria should split jor.

I trust my Yorubas...We have everything.

Oil, Lagos, Port, Population, Farm Land, Mineral resources.

Yorubas should support Biafrans in splitting the country.

Its for the best[/size]
Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by ridwanayo(m): 10:14am On Jun 07, 2016
Generalyemi:

no.not all..but my nigga..d hatred is mutual..your people are more comfortable merging with the Hausa n Fulani than d Igbo's. u hate us,we hate u...is not your fault...is lord luggard bitch that caused it.
lol I dint hate nobody,I might clown igbo's on nairaland but in real life I relate with them far better than any tribe in nigeria,I don't really like northerners,they seem to be voilent nd even if yoruba nd igbo mock each other online all day,we won't slap each other in real life due to tribal or religious diffrence.
Nd about yoruba merging with hausa's,igbo's have merged with hausa's more than us

Ahmadu bello nd nnamdi azikwe era
ShagariV ekwueme era
Yaradua nd gej(igbo adopted son)which all yoruba's support
Gej nd sambo

This is the only time we truely merged with hausa-pmb nd pyo

I have decided dat if I wanna vote in any presidency election I would always vote a southern candidate(ss,sw,se),I don't even like bubu but igbo's made it look like aLl yoruba's supported him

Nd duck lord luggard for one nigeria scam,but nnamdi azikwe nd obafemi awolowo have there fault also

2 Likes

Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by Dinobi77: 10:15am On Jun 07, 2016
Nigeria haa never worked n can never work, over 30 yrs of my existence on earth, i have never seen things go well with Nigeria, it shall be well has been the anthem. Hausa, Yoruba n Igbo cant coexist. The best option is total break up. Like the paper rightly said, we r ppl of different culture, language, religion etc. And i i dont knw y each the issue of Biafra(Blessed land) is mentioned, the other ppl( West) be like they should commit sui...c.de. Hate Biafra, IPOB or MASSOB, Biafra will prosper as a nationn Nigeria will not see our back.

2 Likes

Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by kjhova(m): 10:16am On Jun 07, 2016
BiafranNigerian:
I will asssume most of the responders on this thread are kids with very few adults.

Before Lybia imploded, there were warnings from people outside the box. Financial Times is not a Nigerian news portal, I can only say, let's hope the separation be carried out peacefully, because there is no way the country can survive this particular level of entropy, especially when the President is emotionally fueled. I have lived in this country long enough and I see every President becoming more secular, and embracing all tribes and managing our fragile union until this one, this President should held accountable, because of his unguided statements.

Nigeria's external reserve can not sustain a war for 6 months without oil sales and Niger Delta Avengers know this, and its best for all of you, Yes all of you to think of life on emergency mode.

Personally, I am planning to buy a home in a nearby country in case the shit hits the ceiling I move my family there until it settles. No intelliget person can be caught sleeping, even if you dont die in war, your money will have no value, dont depend on it, cos whoever has tomatoes will save it for his/her consumption.

My advise are;

If you can afford, get a second home in a nearby country but if you cant, start prepping for war time farmine and pray that it doesnt happen.

Best bet is for the Yorubas, who are the major tendons binding this tribal nation together to plan a better name if Oduduwa Republic doesnt sounds nice, I personally prefer Niger Delta Republic to Biafra but whatever name my people come up with is okay for me.

But to the Fulani, I suggest they bear the same old name, Naijeria.

Dear @BiafranNigerian, I sympathise with your views and aspirations but I don't think that you have reviewed all of its ramifications. The thought that a future Biafra will be a union of all the Eastern and South-South states maybe misguided a bit. When it becomes clear that there is a chance to go free, communal greed and stupendous dreams will set in from many angles. Before you think of it, the Ikwere or the Ogoni will realise that with a few oil wells, littoral resources and a population of a million citizens or so, they can bloody well have a country of their own!!! At these point, you can pretty much forget this idea of 3 constituent nations emerging from the disintegration of Nigeria as you may have over 20 entities striving to break free!!! Yugoslavia is a perfect example.

2 Likes

Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by LAFOCUZY: 10:17am On Jun 07, 2016
The country is quite skewed. Southerns looked down on the north and the north disdaned the south for their arrogance. In 1956 the first obvious outcome of the deep seated hatred. NNDP from the west planned a rally in Kano. The north resented the south and NPC will prefer that parties limit their campaigns to their region. The decion by a western party to reach the north resulted to a bloody clash. And who were killed. Not Yoruba's but easterns.

Again, the south continued to resent the north as naive, uneducated and .... Yet the north refused to support the motion for independence by Eneharo untill they secure 50 percent of the perlament seats. Awo and Zik conceded and today control political decision.

Awolowo, ikokwu and co realizing their inability to make any political change nigeria needed through any meaniful election, thought and began to plan to topple the government which failed at an early stage with most members arrested at an ikoyi house. Awolowo was tried and sent to jail for treason with some AG members.

With the power of UPGA weak with awolowo in priosn and the rigging machine of the NNA/NPC full in place in the west, UPGA under Zik boycotted the election. The election was held with NPC taking nearly all the seats. However, the west did not fully participate in the boycott and Zik was forced to accept the election result and form a goverment. It was messy then as we see today

Frustered by the political turmoil in the west between Awo and Akintola supporters and the NPC led government support for Akintola and its rigging machine. The lack of clear leadership, heavy corruption and direction of the country a group very educated armey officers- ifejuma, ademoyega, nezegwo, onwuatuegwo and kperi staged a coup in jan-1966 to remove the government, release Awolowo and make him the leader of the country. That coup was foiled by Agu- ironsi. Unfortunately, it was tagged an Igbo coup and many easterners were murdered in the north over a sustained period of close to a year in the north (1966 to 1967)

My point is that the politicians magnify the difference between groups in nigeria. And the igbo had consistently being the scapegoat. The country is very fragile and have not made and will not make any significant progress in its current state. Massive restructuring is needed. Instead of having countless of constitutional conference by self serving politicain, they should adopt and review the accord of 1967 made in Ghana at a critical time when all in attendance realized the dangers of the time

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by ICAMETOWIN(m): 10:19am On Jun 07, 2016
Okikiki:

I guess you read the writeup as I did.

The problem staring us at the face is the second largest industry thriving in Nigeria. Truth be told, the day meritocracy rules over nepotism, tribalism and bigotry is the day agitation against perceived marginalisation disappears.

But that is far from reality. You see the next person as IPOB, NDA, YORUBA MAN, HOUSA MAN, BOKOHARAM, FULANI HERDSMEN, before seeing him as a NIGERIAN.

The powerful force of disunity welling up in every Nigerian masks our beclouded minds from even being conscious of how far this dividing lines have separated us.

I am not surprised you exude this faulty cancerous ailment by seeing me as an Onitsha whatever before seeing me as A NIGERIAN.

TRUTH IS BITTER, BUT COMMONSENSE LISTENS WHEN WISDOM SPEAKS.

But wait a minute, IS COMMON SENSE Common?
God bless you,one of the best comments I've read on nairaland in a long long time

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by Born2Breed(f): 10:20am On Jun 07, 2016
tsdarkside:

you can not defeat us in our own house,,,impossible.....

give up....we are stronger than you...........you can be happy,we even starved you sef,to quickly end the war...

if they main hausa fighting-divisions had enter the east,,,,then....goood night........

we saved your lifes.....

the yorubas tried to reason with you,the north will not even try...................they will massacker all of you bossos....

we saved your lifes!!!!....

Kids everywhere!

Was it the Hausa army that perished at Abagana or those led by murtala who drowned? Ask Adekunle n Alabi-Isiama who were the commando marine.

All these indomie generation sef.

2 Likes

Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by vani86: 10:27am On Jun 07, 2016
ridwanayo:
This thread stinks of bigotry,hatred directed by some people to the noble yoruba tribeyou guys should get ur bia--- nd leave our region jorh,u guys keep shouting our oyel nd its only 2 s.east state dat produce oil.una poil self no reach d one wey they ondo.u guys always wishing yoruba could be wipped out of earth surface,whay are u so filled with hatred oga oh.when you are going just tell linda nd other igbo's in s.west nd those ones in ladipo to carry there house nd dere store,don't forget to tell shoekudi to carry his galla to go nd hawk in biafra cause we are gonna form our own republic.nd please take all the land,soil,water nd plant in lago with u since u are the ones that brought it to lagos

i just lost 10 seconds of my life reading this dumb comment.

pls learn how to be coherent

2 Likes

Re: Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post by Nobody: 10:28am On Jun 07, 2016
kjhova:

Dear @BiafranNigerian, I sympathise with your views and aspirations but I don't think that you have reviewed all of its ramifications. The thought that a future Biafra will be a union of all the Eastern and South-South states maybe misguided a bit. When it becomes clear that there is a chance to go free, communal greed and stupendous dreams will set in from many angles. Before you think of it, the Ikwere or the Ogoni will realise that with a few oil wells, littoral resources and a population of a million citizens or so, they can bloody well have a country of their own!!! At these point, you can pretty much forget this idea of 3 constituent nations emerging from the disintegration of Nigeria as you may have over 20 entities striving to break free!!! Yugoslavia is a perfect example.

There is nothing to sympathize about my views except the definition of sympathy has been altered by you. Have you noticed that you are still looking at the possibly emerging Biafra or Niger Delta Republic on a tribal periscope? Tribalism and Nepotism is what has doomed Nigeria. In our New Nation, resources and land belongs to the natural owners, the families, the land owners, like its done in most advance nation on earth called USA. Owners of land, will lease their land or sell to miners and what ever resources there are harnessed and royalties paid to land owners and taxes to county, States and Central government. Not every ijaw, ibibio, itshekiri man has land with resources but the taxes paid to the government will provide amenities for everyone and people will earn income based on merit.

But not what is happening here, where the 14 oil wells in my backyard belong to some Hausa Fulani who has never set foot in my village.

Let us be the ones to worry about our future, please dont worry for us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why North’ll Continue To Be Problem To Nigeria –balarabe Musa / VGC Lagos Flooded After Rain Yesterday Evening (Photos) / DSS Charges Godwin Emefiele To Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.