Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,283 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor (14804 Views)

Sulyman Abdulkareem Is The New Vice-Chancellor Of University Of Ilorin / FUNAAB Workers Fry Akara, Celebrate Suspension Of Vice Chancellor (Photo) / Eyitope Ogunbodede Is Obafemi Awolowo University's New Vice Chancellor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by darzleen(m): 7:48am On Jun 07, 2016
nasu self go 1 protest.was there own o??
Re: OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by MichaelDee: 7:48am On Jun 07, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
what's the business of all this associate thieves with whoever their employer decides to put at the helm of affairs?
almost all sectors in this nation is full of this rubbish.

U don't know anything. The NASU that moved against him know why. Prof. Salami is same as the immediate past VC and OAU is just preparing to witness the part two of what Omole(VC) did to them.
Re: OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by agbajesaid(m): 7:51am On Jun 07, 2016
Following
Re: OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by teepsee(f): 7:53am On Jun 07, 2016
ramdris:
What of the friend u r paying a visit?
what about the person?
Re: OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by OlujobaSamuel: 7:58am On Jun 07, 2016
MichaelDee:

U don't know anything. The NASU that moved against him know why. Prof. Salami is same as the immediate past VC and OAU is just preparing to witness the part two of what Omole(VC) did to them.
so on what ground will they tell his employer that he isn't qualified? perceived high handedness? we don't like his face? or what?
Re: OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by hespy: 8:00am On Jun 07, 2016
[color=#990000][/color] Congratulations to him..
Re: OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by Mayflowa(m): 8:00am On Jun 07, 2016
greatiyk4u:
Since he is locally trained, he can proffer useful local solutions to our education problems in the institution

These foreign trained intellectual are not in tandem with solutions to Africa's problems for what works there doesn't work here

Eg......our local "agbo" medicine is to oyinbo a poison where as it is a beautiful cleanser to Africans of mainly yoruba extract......................

Time to think Africa................remove Kemi adeosun from Finance ministry and find a core African trained Economist and see African Magic............yes charles soludo did it and it worked!

I don't understand the analogy. Charles Soludo is Harvard trained
Re: OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by greatiyk4u(m): 8:11am On Jun 07, 2016
Mayflowa:

I don't understand the analogy. Charles Soludo is Harvard trained

No sir!

Soludo had his B.Sc, M.Sc and PH.d all at the University of Nigeria Nsukka................he equally lectured there where he rose to the rank of a Professor from UNN to CBN
Re: OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by Nobody: 8:40am On Jun 07, 2016
the outgoing VC is the worst the school has ever had esp with lingering cases of corruption and nonchalant management style. this is the sole reason why NASU is opposing the new VC because they fear he will continue from where Omole stopped and as well as oppose any probe to Omole's administration.

it is also worthy of note that the long hols was caused by ds issue in order to avoid embarrassment.

as for Prof Salami, I wish him all d best, and pray that he takes OAU to the next level.
Re: OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by martolux(m): 9:35am On Jun 07, 2016
oracle009:

Omole WAS a pastor also...infact ordained ministry sef... Stop all this pastor pastor thing e jor! I'm even tempted to say Faborode WAS a pastor also
"may God continue to use him for His glory" Do you still need an interpreter?
Re: OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by stenmikas(m): 10:03am On Jun 07, 2016
[quote author=teepsee post=46343512]That's good, it's remaining my school, i wonder why that man is still there he came with ginger but now i think he has Lost direction even though i learnt he is from OAU,thinking he will bring some of the sanity there.

Which school is dat?
Re: OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by YOLO1(m): 10:14am On Jun 07, 2016
I have no problem with him. Am just scared of all these people calling themselves pastors. It's like that's the trend in OAU. U must be pastor b4 u clinch any top position in the school. Remember Omole too came to us in the name of being a pastor and we all saw what he did. Won't forget the early days of his appointment when he came to Bobo us in amphitheatre at a symposium titled "VC meets students" he won the heart of all of us then. Hope and aspirations were high that he will perform but we can see the reality on ground now.
If Ayo Salami is eventually confirmed the VC, I wish him the best but I think it's hightime we started thinking beyond giving preferences to Religious Leaders for positions. Sometimes they are not better than pagans

1 Like

Re: OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by teepsee(f): 10:27am On Jun 07, 2016
[quote author=stenmikas post=46348534][/quote] FUT Minna
Re: OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by onyxo76(m): 11:26am On Jun 07, 2016
For those who don't know,there was never due process regarding this new VC election, in fact ,the case is still in court. All the contestants for the post were turned down and the DVC was now appointed to take over the current VC, as i type all the unions are now in a joint congress deliberating on what to do next. Since there is a court injunction regarding this choice of VC and the selection process, there is meant to be an acting VC who is supposed to be an outsider to manage the school till when a fresh advert and selection of new candidates take place.
I just hope this will not lead to terrible crises here.
Re: OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by shilexman(m): 11:37am On Jun 07, 2016
I hope he is unlike his predecessor Omole a.k.a Omo ole.
Re: OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by FemmyPRAISE: 12:09pm On Jun 07, 2016
Prof Salami looks calm and easy going.in short hes very much approachable.God helping him,he should be able to wipe d tears of OAU fellas
Re: OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by haryomikun(m): 1:22pm On Jun 07, 2016
NASU rejected the man bro. Read more about it here

http://www.themchub.com/nasu-rejects-new-oau-vc-heads-court/
Re: OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by teepsee(f): 2:59pm On Jun 07, 2016
[quote author=stenmikas post=46348534][/quote] it's FUT Minna
Re: OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by Temysteve(m): 2:59pm On Jun 07, 2016
Thank God! Bamitale Omole don comot, his administration was just useless nd brutal.. Welcome! The new VC
Re: OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by olaoluwa2054(m): 3:31pm On Jun 07, 2016
wish him good luck in his new era
Re: OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by brojoshua: 4:25pm On Jun 07, 2016
I hope he is not corrupt, and he should probe the past two VCs
Re: OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by Mayflowa(m): 5:26pm On Jun 07, 2016
greatiyk4u:

No sir!

Soludo had his B.Sc, M.Sc and PH.d all at the University of Nigeria Nsukka................he equally lectured there where he rose to the rank of a Professor from UNN to CBN

Very true! You are correct. I just double checked. Wow! I never knew
Re: OAU Gets A New Vice Chancellor by oracle009(m): 9:41pm On Jun 07, 2016
martolux:
"may God continue to use him for His glory" Do you still need an interpreter?

Amen. Are u satisfy?

(1) (2) (Reply)

2019/2020 Nigerian Mathematics & Sciences Olympiad Results For All States / Fire Razes Don Bosco Secondary School Hostel In Anambra (photos) / University Of Ibadan Part-time Form Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.