Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,931 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:28 PM

FG To Negotiate With N’delta Avengers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Negotiate With N’delta Avengers (831 Views)

FG In Secret Talks With N’delta Militants Despite Failure To Name it Negotiators / Don’t Push Us To Another War, Northern Group Cautions Ipob & N’delta Avengers / 50 Nigerian Soldiers Drowned In Bayelsa Creeks, Not 3 — N’delta Avengers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Negotiate With N’delta Avengers by volterra(m): 5:49am On Jun 07, 2016
The Federal Government on Monday night announced that it has set up a committee to negotiate with the militant group, Niger Delta Avengers, that has been involved in the destruction of oil installations in the Niger Delta region.

The Minister of State for Petroleum Resources and Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, who said this in Abuja, explained that the move was aimed at halting the deadly attacks which had made Nigeria’s oil production plummet to 1.5 million barrels per day. According to him, the team that will engage the militants will be coordinated by the Office of the National Security Adviser.

He said other members of the team included himself, the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Usani Uguru as well as selected leaders, kings and influential individuals from the Niger Delta.

Kachikwu said, “The President has appointed a team led by the NSA and I serve in one of those, to begin the process of a very intensive dialogue with those caught in the middle of this. I am sure that in the ensuing one week the intensity of that dialogue will wrap up.

“The NSA is going to be working with the various arms of the armed forces to descale the intensity of military intervention in the area within a week or two so that dialogue can take place. We are making contacts with everybody who is involved, the ones that we can identify, through them, the ones that we can’t identify so that there is a lot more inclusiveness in this dialogue. Our prayer is that this works so that we resort to dialogue rather than use of force.”

On the loss recorded as a result of the attacks by the Niger Delta Avengers, Kachikwu said, “Over the last two months, we have probably lost about 600,000 barrels from various attacks of militants in the area. In terms of production, we are roughly at about 1.5 million to 1.6 million barrels a day, down from 2.2mbd which is the basis of this year’s budget and if peace reigns, obviously between now and August we will be able to recover substantial portion of this production so that the budget doesn’t suffer.”

http://punchng.com/fg-inaugurates-committee-negotiate-ndelta-avengers/

1 Like

Re: FG To Negotiate With N’delta Avengers by lorenzo9096: 6:05am On Jun 07, 2016
thought they said they can't negotiate with militants? some zombies will come here and start hyping buhari to his own doom. you zombies should call goat what it is not calling it lion just to save face. efulefus.

7 Likes

Re: FG To Negotiate With N’delta Avengers by valslove8715(f): 6:19am On Jun 07, 2016
Bettet for the FG and Nigerians as a whole. If u want your administration to be succeful, carry everyone along. Maybe if PMB had bn a polygamous man he would ve understand Nigeria better.
Re: FG To Negotiate With N’delta Avengers by nrexzy: 6:24am On Jun 07, 2016
We dont negociate with terrorist.
Re: FG To Negotiate With N’delta Avengers by amtaken(f): 6:34am On Jun 07, 2016
He's been married to 2 women.

valslove8715:
Bettet for the FG and Nigerians as a whole. If u want your administration to be succeful, carry everyone along. Maybe if PMB had bn a polygamous man he would ve understand Nigeria better.
Re: FG To Negotiate With N’delta Avengers by peleson: 6:36am On Jun 07, 2016
Simple but somebody will be forming general after 30yrs. Life is not a movie and this man has never been a success in any known project.
Re: FG To Negotiate With N’delta Avengers by Flets: 6:36am On Jun 07, 2016
With destruction in our trails
With loss of civilian and military lives
With a resultant comatose economy
With revenue and job losses

Despite global warnings against use of force, an adamant, irresponsible, dumb government plunged head in.

Shamefully, they backed out after facing a reality they would have easily thought through. This has to be the worst government ever in the world.

1 Like

Re: FG To Negotiate With N’delta Avengers by sluk(m): 6:37am On Jun 07, 2016
Negotiators please note: resource control or true federalism. shikena
Re: FG To Negotiate With N’delta Avengers by AngryNigerian(m): 6:51am On Jun 07, 2016
Finally...

Someone listens to the people!

Anyway...#WaitingForTheReignOfMissilesThisNight
Re: FG To Negotiate With N’delta Avengers by fiizznation: 6:51am On Jun 07, 2016
I thought the NDA or whatever they call themselves are so powerful that no force on this earth can get them on a negotiating table. The bloody scallywags felt the heat, so they had to quickly jumped on their silly plan-b option. The FG shouldn't have dialogue or sat with them. The FG should have allowed the scumbags to exhaust their grenades before they {FG} make the final move on the terrorists{NDA}. No country on this planet earth negotiate with terrorists, rather they kill them.

I have never seen a terrorists organization that is clueless, foolish, myopic, broke and outright stupid like this avengers. Maybe they{avengers} thought terrorism is a child's play not knowing that the thing requires a lot of finance, personnel, intelligence and guts. Just six months and the avengers are already broke and looking silly. The avengers are a disgrace to all terrorists organizations of this world. I believe boko haram will skin these liverless, chickenhearted and dumb avengers alive if they could get their hands on them.

I was eagerly waiting for the avengers to blow up their region{yes their region} just because they want to spite the President, but behold, the fools chickened out.

Useless twitter terrorists
Re: FG To Negotiate With N’delta Avengers by Itoro350(m): 7:08am On Jun 07, 2016
I will comment later, right now I am on my way to Aso Rock.

1 Share

Re: FG To Negotiate With N’delta Avengers by Luckylife(m): 7:10am On Jun 07, 2016
This government lack foresight , this is what exactly happened to our economy and other sectors . They are know to give medicine almost dead victims, reactive never proactive, fanatical claiming that they know what they are doing but always progressing in error with big mouth media blames to all but never themselves. Normally in a democracy government you aply dialogue before force ,save economy before corruption, make favourable policies before hardship policies,treat every citizens equal not making some sacred cows ,allowing judiciary to do their constitution right not failing in their executive functions but adding the media prosecution . Rule of law must be followed in a democracy government not demomilitralisation .
Re: FG To Negotiate With N’delta Avengers by sexybrooke: 8:17am On Jun 07, 2016
fiizznation:
I thought the NDA or whatever they call themselves are so powerful that no force on this earth can get them on a negotiating table. The bloody scallywags felt the heat, so they had to quickly jumped on their silly plan-b option. The FG shouldn't have dialogue or sat with them. The FG should have allowed the scumbags to exhaust their grenades before they {FG} make the final move on the terrorists{NDA}. No country on this planet earth negotiate with terrorists, rather they kill them.

I have never seen a terrorists organization that is clueless, foolish, myopic, broke and outright stupid like this avengers. Maybe they{avengers} thought terrorism is a child's play not knowing that the thing requires a lot of finance, personnel, intelligence and guts. Just six months and the avengers are already broke and looking silly. The avengers are a disgrace to all terrorists organizations of this world. I believe boko haram will skin these liverless, chickenhearted and dumb avengers alive if they could get their hands on them.

I was eagerly waiting for the avengers to blow up their region{yes their region} just because they want to spite the President, but behold, the fools chickened out.

Useless twitter terrorists
oh goodness this old man has shifted the post last week you kept on blabbing how the fg is not ready to negotiate with miscreants and terrorist now you have accused the militants of succumbing to the fg......you see why I don't want to share nationality with you southwesterners so unstable and full of lies is this hereditary, if buhari say I ll crush the militants all of you ll jump sai baba crush them ,the new sheriff in town,you do anyhow you get anyhow ,if he decides to eat humble pie and dialogue with these freedom fighters,you guys will shift again baba well done that's the best gosh I just know how to Cooperate with you folks
Re: FG To Negotiate With N’delta Avengers by valslove8715(f): 10:39pm On Jun 07, 2016
amtaken:
He's been married to 2 women.

Not at the same time. What I mean is not even only two maybe like four. If u understand the idea.

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Seizes N500m House Of Former Governor / MEND names seven-member team to dialogue with Nigerian govt / Rivers Government Denies Withdrawing N11bn, Tells EFCC To Operate Within Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.