Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,042 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Don’t Panic, FG Negotiating With Niger Delta Elders – Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Panic, FG Negotiating With Niger Delta Elders – Osinbajo (1799 Views)

No Restructuring, No Nigeria, Niger Delta Elders To FG / PMB Has Done More In 1yr Than Our Son, GEJ in 6yrs- Concerned Niger Delta Elders / Buhari To Implement Yar’adua’s Agreement With Niger-Delta Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Panic, FG Negotiating With Niger Delta Elders – Osinbajo by Chibuzoc(m): 7:12am On Jun 07, 2016
The Inspector Gener­al of Police, Mr. Solo­mon Arase, has urged Nigerians not to lose sleep over the threats by some Niger Delta militants to bomb key public and private institu­tions in Lagos, Abuja and Ka­duna.
In a swift reaction to the threats by the Joint Niger Del­ta Liberation Force (JNDLF) to bomb the State House, Abu­ja, Defence Headquarters, Po­lice Headquarters, refineries, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and others today, the IGP affirmed that the police authorities would provide ad­equate security for all law-abid­ing citizens.
Last week, the JNDLF threatened to launch six mis­siles beginning from today.
And yesterday, the group is­sued a statement, threatening to bomb the country’s seat of power, Aso Rock, Abuja, and the National Assembly in its full-scale hostilities this week.
In the new statement, the JNDLF warned residents and oc­cupants of such targeted buildings and areas, including offices of oil multinationals, to vacate them for their safety.
The group, which claimed to be an affiliate of the Niger Delta Avengers (NDA), also named the CBN, Department of State Securi­ty (DSS) Headquarters, the Nige­rian National Petroleum Corpo­ration (NNPC) Towers, Supreme Court/Appeal Court, Agip head­quarters, Abuja, Shell headquar­ters, Lagos, Chevron headquar­ters, Lagos, Exxon Mobil, Lagos, Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas (NLNG), Lagos, and other pub­lic offices in Abuja, Kaduna Re­finery and all military formations in the country.
But Arase said that the Nige­ria Police is well prepared to con­front any group of persons who will threaten the peace of the country.
Force Spokesperson, Olabisi Kolawole, declared that the police would not leave any stone unturned to ensure that the life and property of Nigerians are protected.
According to her, the IGP has directed all command commis­sioners of police to remain alert and ensure that Nigerians are pro­tected.
She said: “We are well pre­pared to protect the life and property of Nigerians wherever they are in this country. We are not leaving anything to chance as the IGP has directed our men all over the country to remain on the alert.
“The police will not toler­ate anything that will disturb the peace of Nigerians. We therefore warn troublemakers to have a re­think and take the path of peace” Kolawole said.
The Force Headquarters therefore urged Nigerians to re­main on the alert and report to the police or any security agent, any suspicious gathering or movement for prompt action.
Meanwhile, the Acting Pres­ident, Yemi Osinbajo, has dis­closed that the Federal Govern­ment was engaged in a dialogue with Niger Delta stakeholders to stem the incessant militants’ at­tacks on oil facilities in the region.
Speaking at the Presiden­tial Villa during a meeting with a delegation of the European Union (EU) led by the EU Ambassador in Nigeria, Mr. Michel Arrion, Osinbajo said the peaceful dia­logue had, however, not stopped the government from stepping up security measures in the oil-rich region.
Osinbajo explained that the engaging of the leaders and peo­ple of the Niger Delta on the spate of attacks was in line with the ad­ministration’s resolve “to ensure that the man on the street in the Niger Delta receives the benefit from all that is available there.”
Describing the attacks as eco­nomic sabotage, the Acting Pres­ident called on the leaders in the region to be accountable to the people, even as the Federal Gov­ernment works round the clock to minimise the losses arising from the bombings.
He also restated the determi­nation of the administration to ensure that the ease of doing busi­ness ranking in Nigeria goes up by at least 20 steps in the World Bank rating.
Ambassador Arrion said he came for consultations with the Nigeria as a follow-up on Pres­ident Muhammadu Buhari’s meeting with EU leaders during his visit to the continent, adding that “Nigeria has a huge market we can invest in. It is also a place we can export to.”
The new militant group had in the statement it issued on Mon­day, said the decision to bomb the aforementioned institutions was taken during its last Joint Revolu­tionary Council meeting in a de­liberate attempt to actualise the United States of America’s pre­diction of the eminent break-up of the country.
The statement was signed by General Akotebe Darikoro (Commander, General Duties), General Torunanaowei Latei (Creeks Network Coordinator), General Agbakakuro Owei-Tauro (Pipelines Bleeding Expert) and General Pulokiri Ebiladei (Intel­ligence Bureau).
The group said that it will fire missiles simultaneously at night to make serious its earlier threat to Nigerians.
The group declared ex-mil­itant leader, Chief Government Ekpemupolo alias Tompolo, whom it alleged had fled to Lib­ya, wanted dead or alive for be­traying the Niger Delta struggle.
According to it, “In our final meeting it was resolved that the Nigerian Communication Satel­lite Orbit should be shut down so that it will avoid the cause of elec­tronic radiation to human lives.
“Also, the following occu­pants of these buildings should as a matter of urgency, vacate them immediately in order to save their lives because our fight is not for any human blood to be shed but to destroy all those infrastruc­tures that were built with our oil and gas monies in this country.
“We will make the Federal Government and oil companies to suffer as they have made the people of the Niger Delta region suffer over the years from envi­ronmental degradation and en­vironmental pollution.
It added, “We equally advise the diplomatic community to be neutral on this issue as wrong comments against us will be seen as saboteurs. Where they are stay­ing at present will not be affect­ed which is not part of our tar­geted areas of destruction in the country.
“We shall embarrass the self-acclaimed Nigerian Air Force with their recent deployment of fight­er aircraft, helicopter gunship and surveillance aircraft when at this digital age, countries are talking about missile development, and they still condescend so low with their present obsolete equipment. This is sad indeed!”
They cautioned President Muhammadu Buhari to be mind­ful of counsels from some Niger Delta leaders, especially Chief Ayi­ri Emami, Professor Itse Sagay and a former ex-militant leader, Isra­el Akpodoro, whom the militants said are under their searchlight.
“The founder of the Niger Delta Ex-Agitators, Israel Akpo­doro, is a dead man and that he should not hide for linking for­mer President Goodluck Jonathan and Governor Seriake Dickson of Bayelsa State with the Avengers. We are not in any community, the military can’t locate Tompolo but we have identified where he is now,” the group said.
Meanwhile, a prominent Ni­ger Delta leader, Chief Favour Izoukumor, has described the missile launch threat as a need­less venture and asked President Buhari to have a rethink about military action to confront them.
Izoukumor said employing political measures could help fore­stall further militants’ attacks on the nation’s oil facilities.
The Fiye-Owei of Ogbe-Ijoh Warri Kingdom in Warri South West Local Government Area of the state blamed the resurgence of militancy in the region on under­development and urged the gov­ernment to match words with ac­tions on the development of the region

Read more @http://www.buzorpages.com/2016/06/dont-panic-fg-negotiating-with-niger.html
Re: Don’t Panic, FG Negotiating With Niger Delta Elders – Osinbajo by nonaira: 7:15am On Jun 07, 2016
Can someone please explain to me why they keep going to the elders to talk? Haven't they been doing that before? Since they've been doing that, how effective has it been? Who's listening to the elders?

My coworker calls it madness when you continue doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different result. I can see osibanjo and th ed rest of Nigeria government are mad. Oya continue...I dey watch

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Panic, FG Negotiating With Niger Delta Elders – Osinbajo by ORACLE1975(m): 7:15am On Jun 07, 2016
K
Re: Don’t Panic, FG Negotiating With Niger Delta Elders – Osinbajo by OgenemaroKessy(m): 7:20am On Jun 07, 2016
Hmm, People that don't understand war, may think war is a child's play. Pay visit to Libya or south Sudan then you will know. War is never and will never be a good option. Diplomacy and spirited Leader that have the love of the people at heart instead of love of power, That is what we need. God Help Nigeria. We are One.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Panic, FG Negotiating With Niger Delta Elders – Osinbajo by Flets: 7:22am On Jun 07, 2016
Ok
Re: Don’t Panic, FG Negotiating With Niger Delta Elders – Osinbajo by patriks005(m): 7:23am On Jun 07, 2016
I Thought The FG Said Its Embarking On A CRUSHING Mission?...
Diplomacy Is The Best Way To Tackle Violence, Because It Yields A Better Result & Leaves Less Casualties And Destruction.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don’t Panic, FG Negotiating With Niger Delta Elders – Osinbajo by FXCRAFT: 7:24am On Jun 07, 2016

The fundamental problem is the inequality in the running of Nigeria. No government has ruled this country without the North being part of the government. This cannot continue.

States that can't even pay salaries of their staff are in existence today because they are sure that once you grab federal power, the oil wealth is yours. Why else do they want NEDC? Where is the funding going to come from?

They do not want your petty surveillance contracts and they are not criminals. They have a just cause and it's only a matter of time before the Niger Deltans take to the streets to demand equity and justice.

Either they are liberated or we adopt true federalism. The present administration can only suppress them but not break them.

They have my sympathy. I will stand with them!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Panic, FG Negotiating With Niger Delta Elders – Osinbajo by Apelex(m): 7:25am On Jun 07, 2016
They should do whatever is possible to achieve Peace..the solution to most of the problems in the world is not always bruth..

Yara dua achieved peace with love and understanding..
As to most problems in life..

Am plus one today guyz.show some love.
Re: Don’t Panic, FG Negotiating With Niger Delta Elders – Osinbajo by shortgun(m): 7:25am On Jun 07, 2016
We are watching
Re: Don’t Panic, FG Negotiating With Niger Delta Elders – Osinbajo by Nobody: 7:26am On Jun 07, 2016
e be like say death dey hungry some people.

too much Hollywood movies.

when hot lead pierces their skulls they will realise there is not director to shout "cut".
Re: Don’t Panic, FG Negotiating With Niger Delta Elders – Osinbajo by IVORY2009(m): 7:27am On Jun 07, 2016
OgenemaroKessy:
Hmm, People that don't understand war, may think war is a child's play. Pay visit to Libya or south Sudan then you will know. War is never and will never be a good option. Diplomacy and spirited Leader that have the love of the people at heart instead of love of power, That is what we need. God Help Nigeria. We are One.

When the govt of the day, refuses to cooperate, n the people are pushed to the wall, dey hv no option dan to take their destiny to their own hand!

1 Like

Re: Don’t Panic, FG Negotiating With Niger Delta Elders – Osinbajo by otukpo(f): 7:28am On Jun 07, 2016
We are not panicking from the begining.
Re: Don’t Panic, FG Negotiating With Niger Delta Elders – Osinbajo by Nobody: 7:29am On Jun 07, 2016
nonaira:
Can someone please explain to me why they keep going to the elders to talk? Haven't they been doing that before? Since they've been doing that, how effective has it been? Who's listening to the elders?

My coworker calls it madness when you continue doing the same thing over and over again and expecting something different result. I can see osibanjo and th ed rest of Nigeria government are mad. Oya continue...I dey watch

it's a gimmick.

at least now nobody can say the FG didn't try to negotiate with them.

it doesn't take anything to deploy battalions of soldiers to the SS or declared a state of emergency in the area with full military lock down.

this government is just being too cautious.

I think Buhari doesn't want to be labelled a tyrant cos of his history as a strict military head of state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don’t Panic, FG Negotiating With Niger Delta Elders – Osinbajo by Nobody: 7:31am On Jun 07, 2016
IVORY2009:

When the govt of the day, refuses to cooperate, n the people are pushed to the wall, dey hv no option dan to take their destiny to their own hand!

cooperate in what? looting?

when gbege starts I hope you will be there.
Re: Don’t Panic, FG Negotiating With Niger Delta Elders – Osinbajo by Allen97(m): 7:33am On Jun 07, 2016
Mtcheew bullshit.... Mak dem no mit ani elders abeg..... Dey say we hav d best millitary force in africa bah..... Lets see dem in action....nda ar nt as tough as al-qeeda or isis so why shuld we shake..... Launch d missiles marafucker
Re: Don’t Panic, FG Negotiating With Niger Delta Elders – Osinbajo by IVORY2009(m): 7:34am On Jun 07, 2016
Ioannes:

cooperate in what? looting?
when gbege starts I hope you will be there.
with the host community! Ofcourse I am on ground & and battle ready..
Re: Don’t Panic, FG Negotiating With Niger Delta Elders – Osinbajo by Nobody: 7:43am On Jun 07, 2016
IVORY2009:

with the host community! Ofcourse I am on ground & and battle ready..
lol. didn't know your keyboard has some bullets in it.
let's know how that turns out for you.
Re: Don’t Panic, FG Negotiating With Niger Delta Elders – Osinbajo by deathmen12: 7:56am On Jun 07, 2016
Deployn d whole Nigeria army to the region wil nt take anytn and it wil nt also change anytn, it take d help of anoda militant to kil a militant, take it or leaveit, Nigeria securities lack intellegence
Ioannes:

it's a gimmick.

at least now nobody can say the FG didn't try to negotiate with them.

it doesn't take anything to deploy battalions of soldiers to the SS or declared a state of emergency in the area with full military lock down.

this government is just being too cautious.

I think Buhari doesn't want to be labelled a tyrant cos of his history as a strict military head of state.
Re: Don’t Panic, FG Negotiating With Niger Delta Elders – Osinbajo by Nobody: 8:01am On Jun 07, 2016
deathmen12:
Deployn d whole Nigeria army to the region wil nt take anytn and it wil nt also change anytn, it take d help of anoda militant to kil a militant, take it or leaveit, Nigeria securities lack intellegence

they are dealing heavy blows at boko haram right now aren't they?

I agree, the FG should enlist the help of the former militants to snitch on the scAvengers.
Re: Don’t Panic, FG Negotiating With Niger Delta Elders – Osinbajo by DONMAYOR19(m): 8:01am On Jun 07, 2016
so all those mouth that we will not negotiate with militant are just joke abi? una never see something. fear fear them.
Re: Don’t Panic, FG Negotiating With Niger Delta Elders – Osinbajo by temptnow: 8:02am On Jun 07, 2016
We want to control our oil, if not you are talking to our hand.
Re: Don’t Panic, FG Negotiating With Niger Delta Elders – Osinbajo by tinkinjow: 8:04am On Jun 07, 2016
Talking is good. Only am thinking it's a bit late. Well better late than never

Give to Caesar what's Caesar's
Re: Don’t Panic, FG Negotiating With Niger Delta Elders – Osinbajo by OlujobaSamuel: 8:09am On Jun 07, 2016
deathmen12:
it will change something bro, either good or bad, it will definitely change something.
Re: Don’t Panic, FG Negotiating With Niger Delta Elders – Osinbajo by deathmen12: 8:21am On Jun 07, 2016
That is one thing abt we Nigeria, we like solving problem half half, if ten thousand militant were 2 be killed today... In 4yrs time another twenty thousand wil raise, so the government should look a way to solve this problem once and 4 all...the pple in the region are nt happyl,
OlujobaSamuel:

it will change something bro, either good or bad, it will definitely change something.
Re: Don’t Panic, FG Negotiating With Niger Delta Elders – Osinbajo by IVORY2009(m): 8:24am On Jun 07, 2016
Ioannes:

lol. didn't know your keyboard has some bullets in it.
let's know how that turns out for you.
hope u are ready, for anything dat may come up, bros prepare ur mind ooooo

1 Like

Re: Don’t Panic, FG Negotiating With Niger Delta Elders – Osinbajo by OlujobaSamuel: 8:29am On Jun 07, 2016
deathmen12:
That is one thing abt we Nigeria, we like solving problem half half, if ten thousand militant were 2 be killed today... In 4yrs time another twenty thousand wil raise, so the government should look a way to solve this problem once and 4 all...the pple in the region are nt happyl,
I'm not into argument for or against the region, check my posts, I've never participated in the subject. I am only debunking the statement that nothing will change. military don't visit a place and go back without a path.
You either have peace or war after their departure.
Re: Don’t Panic, FG Negotiating With Niger Delta Elders – Osinbajo by 989900: 8:41am On Jun 07, 2016
If they don't negotiate with the elders, who are they to negotiate with? The kids, just as the senseless ones here on NL, or the hilarious ones that wants to "bomb the whole country at night so all the Nigerians can see the missiles' movement (sic)"?
Re: Don’t Panic, FG Negotiating With Niger Delta Elders – Osinbajo by Anglovel: 9:51am On Jun 07, 2016
Latest on Buhari's trip to London!

For the record, Buhari is not coming to London for ear infection treatment but for a secret negotiation meeting with the Niger Delta Avengers

An insider who is privy to the behind the scene arrangement on how to stop the further threat of the Avengers to oil installations in the region says Buhari will be in London to meet with Jonathan and the representatives of the British government funding truce to the impasse.

It would be recalled that Jonathan was briefly in Nigeria 4 days ago and met with the President in his office before jetting out again, back to London. A day after that, Buhari met Obasanjo to seek his advice on the crisis in Niger Delta. The Duo, Obasanjo and Jonathan advised Buhari to meet with the agitators in a neutral place away from the media - prompting the London trip.

According to my source, the Intel at the government's disposal on the Niger Delta Avengers revealed their connection to two Arabian oil producing countries who are said to be angry with Buhari's government for treating the Shiites as nothing and the continuous detention without trial of its leader, Zakzakky.

Also, the weapons and technology at these guys disposal is not something a serious government should take lightly. There are speculation that they also have connection to the North Korean government.

Nigeria is currently bleeding seriously because of the activities of the Avengers, my source told me that some of the boys behind the Avenger will be arriving London tomorrow on the invitation of the British government to be part of the peace process.

Obasanjo and some other south south leaders are expected to join the meeting in London anytime from tomorrow as well. All of these will be away from the media. But you will see the pointer as the week unfolds!

President Buhari is not in London because of ear infection, he is here for something more serious!

You read it from here first! Forwarded as received. now.
Re: Don’t Panic, FG Negotiating With Niger Delta Elders – Osinbajo by Anglovel: 9:54am On Jun 07, 2016
We all need to pray for wisdom,knowledge,understanding to know what to say,do,react at d right time n place in Jesus name Amen
Anglovel:
Latest on Buhari's trip to London!

For the record, Buhari is not coming to London for ear infection treatment but for a secret negotiation meeting with the Niger Delta Avengers

An insider who is privy to the behind the scene arrangement on how to stop the further threat of the Avengers to oil installations in the region says Buhari will be in London to meet with Jonathan and the representatives of the British government funding truce to the impasse.

It would be recalled that Jonathan was briefly in Nigeria 4 days ago and met with the President in his office before jetting out again, back to London. A day after that, Buhari met Obasanjo to seek his advice on the crisis in Niger Delta. The Duo, Obasanjo and Jonathan advised Buhari to meet with the agitators in a neutral place away from the media - prompting the London trip.

According to my source, the Intel at the government's disposal on the Niger Delta Avengers revealed their connection to two Arabian oil producing countries who are said to be angry with Buhari's government for treating the Shiites as nothing and the continuous detention without trial of its leader, Zakzakky.

Also, the weapons and technology at these guys disposal is not something a serious government should take lightly. There are speculation that they also have connection to the North Korean government.

Nigeria is currently bleeding seriously because of the activities of the Avengers, my source told me that some of the boys behind the Avenger will be arriving London tomorrow on the invitation of the British government to be part of the peace process.

Obasanjo and some other south south leaders are expected to join the meeting in London anytime from tomorrow as well. All of these will be away from the media. But you will see the pointer as the week unfolds!

President Buhari is not in London because of ear infection, he is here for something more serious!

You read it from here first! Forwarded as received. now.
Re: Don’t Panic, FG Negotiating With Niger Delta Elders – Osinbajo by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jun 07, 2016
IVORY2009:

hope u are ready, for anything dat may come up, bros prepare ur mind ooooo

anything that will come up will come up in your region for sure.

if it's war, it will be fought in your homeland.

it will be just be another day in the SW other even in Daura, Katsina.

other parts of the country will continue to develop at their snail speed while your region will continue to fight a senseless war that could have been avoided.

I'm sure you have never seen retrogression at the speed of lightening before. you are about to see it.

tighten your seat belt dear.

meanwhile I'll go make another cup of coffee.

(1) (Reply)

Us Govt: Fayose’s Allegation On President Buhari’s Wife Aisha Was True / Rivers State Amnesty Committee Set To Submit Recovered Arms (photos) / Armed Bandits Attack 4 Villages In Zamfara, Kill At Least 25, Abduct 40(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.